[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welcome friends, to dangies first /fit/ thread. I am, starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: dangies157.jpg (59 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
dangies157.jpg
59 KB, 720x960
Welcome friends, to dangies first /fit/ thread. I am, starting tomorrow, getting in shape. My stats:

20 years old
191cm (6'2")
180 lbs

My body is not good. I have a gut and just look like shit. I might have the worst body on 4chan. I have narrow shoulders. My biggest fear is ending up looking like that meme guy who has narrow shoulders and wide hips.

For the next month or so I am going to significantly improve my diet and begin getting in shape. Running every day, doing pushups/situps/pullups. Might incorporate some lifting in but I think it would be best to create some base strength before beginning that.

I have been sedentary for two years ever since fracturing a vertebrae in my neck playing hockey. I have never been in good shape but I have always been athletically gifted. Best runner in school, high calibre hockey player, etc.

I read the sticky and I don't know how helpful it is for me. Anyway here is a picture of my body in its current state.
>>
SS or something with cardio.

Also do you live in a fucking RV??
>>
>>34845859
ugly freak
>>
>>34845859
Looks like something from a horror movie!
>>
>>34845859
Spacker inbred.
>>
>>34845859
no one cares you attention seeking faggot. Many of us here started from the bottom, I myself was 100 pounds overweight, addicted to drugs and mentally ill but I didn't post threads about "hey look at me I'm making a change!"

You're supposed to be doing this for yourself, not for attention. You're not gonna make it.
>>
File: 327436547655.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
327436547655.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>34845993
we're all gona make it bro
>>
File: dangies156.jpg (61 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
dangies156.jpg
61 KB, 960x720
>>34845880
I was thinking of doing pushups/pullups/situps until failure like 3x a day, and running two times a day. Jogging 10k a day or something. Is that reasonable? Or should I get right into lifting? I have dumbbells and can go buy a bar with some plates and a bench.

And no, my parents have an RV that I hang out in sometimes. I live in a house.

>>34845993
I am mentally deranged and can only seek motivation from validation. Call me whatever you want, but I want to improve myself regardless.
>>
thought you were a manlet
>>
>>34846086
you won't make significant strength improvements without periodic loading, so pushups will only take you so far
>running 10k erry day
Unless you are already conditioned for it glhf
>>
>>34846105
Why did you think that?

>>34846221
How long do you reckon until I'd be making no gains with pushups?
>>
>>34846086
>mentally deranged
fuck off you psycho bitch. you'll never make it I swear.
>>
>>34847321
I'm pretty sure you're trolling now. But just in case you aren't, 10k is not trivial distance to run. I highly doubt you can run even two miles straight, forget about 6. Running will help you lose all that fat with a calorie deficit diet. Push-ups, sit ups, etc. will not make you stronger. If you read the sticky, you should know both how to lose weight and the importance of lifting weights, therefore, I strongly believe you did not read it. I won't bite any more bait from here on. Peace brah
>>
>>34847373
>Push-ups, sit ups, etc. will not make you stronger

????
>>
>>34845859
What did it for me was the following:
I started running at 15, at first my only goal was not to gas out after 2 minutes. I had shin splints because I was still growing, I had bad stamina and the whole thing hurt, but I felt better about myself after each run. Then I started hitting up a gym with friends. At first I was there to improve. Then it became a habit. Then it became a lifestyle, and eventually something you might call addiction. It takes time. But bodyweight exercises at home, especially when you're a novice and with little motivation to speak of, won't do you much good. Going to a fitness oriented place will make you lift because you're already there and you won't back out and nothing will distract you. You can find all of the exercises online, you've got internet access and time. No excuses not to fix your life. You'll be a whole new person after a sizeable fitness journey.
>>
get a fucking haircut bro, fuck
>>
>>34845859
I'm going to give you some actual, educated advice, so do whatever you want with it:

If you want to do pushups and pull ups, knock yourself out but abdominal excercises at your level aren't necessary and may even cause postural imbalance.

I'd advise you to lose your excess body fat first by logging what you eat and aiming to lose about .5kg a week before bulking up, then starting a slow bulk from there.

Running 10k is great if you can do it, but unless you're training for a part marathon you'd be better served by breaking it down into reps at a local circuit instead of in one go.

Basic weight training once you're down to a good bf% should be compound and progressive: a mixed program of pull ups, pendlay or bent rows, bench or OHP, deadlifts, squats, dips, and upright rows will all serve you well and as long as you keep your rep range constant and increase your weight as you get stronger.

Also, cycling is a million times better than running as cardio due to virtually no impact; but if you have to run then running on sand or a proper running track will save your knees in the long run.
>>
File: image_11.jpg (626 KB, 821x3544) Image search: [Google]
image_11.jpg
626 KB, 821x3544
>>34845859
Nah bro FL has the worst body + he roids
>>
>>34847586
>>34847644
Thank you for the advice.

>>34847801
Thank you for the tips. I'm going to forget about the pushups/situps/ etc for now.

I was considering, after a few weeks of cardio and learning the basics, to get on a cycle. My friend is a big time bodybuilder and recommends this cycle for all beginners. Comments?

4 week dbol (40mg)
10 week test
4 week nolva
>>
>>34845859
Without a gym membership to keep you motivated, I give you 2 weeks before you give up.

Hell, I'll be impressed if you manage 2 days.
>>
>>34848926
Shitposter strikes again.
>>
>>34845859
Fuck off
Kill yourself
No one likes you
>>
>>34847937
fuckin insurance should just cover surgery at that point
>>
>>34848926
Dont hop on a cycle as a beginner. With no prior experience, even showing up at the gym regularly and putting some effort will make more of a change than you think. The way you see the world changes as you start feeling good in your own body.
>>
>>34847430
hes right, learn some physiology my man
>>
>>34845859
>>34846086
>>34846068
>>34847937
genetic trash
>>
File: 1412211003554.jpg (83 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1412211003554.jpg
83 KB, 480x640
>>34845859
I would really want to wish you luck, but /fit/ already has had it's share of failures following the same fucking dynamic bound to fail (one of them particularly famous). I won't be surprised when there aren't any more updates a month from now.

I would recommend you to fuck off now to make the pain of failure more bearable later.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.