[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>BJJ competetor and MMA practioner, former lifter here. Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: bizarro-vegan-gorilla-comics1.gif (100 KB, 385x458) Image search: [Google]
bizarro-vegan-gorilla-comics1.gif
100 KB, 385x458
>BJJ competetor and MMA practioner, former lifter here.

Why aren't you a vegetarian yet?
>Incredible health benefits
>Tremendous environmental benefits
>And hey, animal rights benefits are an added plus
>>
Which sources of protein would you say are cheap, plentiful and tasty
>>
I'm not a homosexual
>>
no
who cares
not really

You sound like the kind of faggy guard puller that would cry foul when I put you in the taint lock.
>>
>>34845238

Vegetarian here, I'll bite.

like what

like what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI

>animals
>rights

Pick one.

>former lifter

so you took up wrastling and stopped lifting?

Well baited friend.
>>
>>34845238
>incredible health benefits
doubt it
>tremendous environmental benefits
i don't care
>animal rights
i don't care
>>
>>34845238
That nigger eats like 20 pounds of leaves and shit a day, have fun with that vegifag.
>>
>>34845238
Vegetarian lifter here.

Vegetarianism is stupid, I'm just doing it to pick up chicks.
>>
>>34845238
>An adult Grauer's gorilla male is estimated to eat 30 kg of plants every day, an adult female about 18 kg.
Have fun eating 30 kg of salad every day OP.
>>
>>34845854
There's processed soy products obviously, and gluten products like seitan. The macros on seitan are pretty amazing actually, never tried it myself so I have no idea how it tastes. SO yeah, technically vegans could get enough protein, it's RAW vegans that can't get any protein. Cutting out processed foods kinda kills any potential benefits of veganism.
>>
Those missin amino-acides doe
>>
>>34845238
If you're consuming the products of agriculture you're fucking over animals and the environment either way.
>>
>>34845238
>Why aren't you a vegetarian yet?

I still have to eat you. Until then i can't be a vegetarian.
>>
>>34845238

Serious answer?

Im doing a phd and i am working on the side on my own project. How much fuking time would I need to spend every day to cook all these fuking greens. 90% of takeaway foods isn't vegan. in a supermarket 70% of products aren't vegan. With this little options, I need a lot of good recipes to not go insane, which take time to make. And what the fuck am I supposed to do during the holidays or at barbecues? Be a cunt with my carrots in a pocket lunch? And I also wear suits every so often. There is nothing yet that is a suitable replacement for leather in suit shoes.

Also this whole animal cruelty is bullshit talk from vegan cunts. Because if you are such a fucking compassionate being, surely you value human life just as much as animal life. Meaning that you are not allowed to have smartphones or clothes from chain stores because you would be supporting child labor. You would also have to send all disposable income to charities. From a moral standpoint, going to see a movie makes you immoral because you could have spend that money buying pilld that would save the life of some child from africa. Basically restricting you to living life like a monk.

Louis ck had a routine about how humanity has build so many great things with slavery. If you were to look at history, most achievements were done with some misery thrown in it. The good life that we enjoy now is possible due to the suffering of millions of people which made it possible. Maybe, just like slavery, technology and science will remove the need for us to eat animals but atm, it's just not feasible to be a vegan without making massive compromises
>>
>>34845238

http://www.berggorilla.org/en/gorillas/general/everyday-life/what-do-gorillas-do-all-day/

Nigga, gorilas spend HALF their day eating to get the resources they need. What kind of a useless human are you to waste half of your day like that?
>>
>>34848682
I mean, humans don't have to eat leaves all day, for one. How bulked out would gorillas be if they ate soy and fukken protein shakes? Doesn't take half a day to get good nutrition when you got tofu and shakes BRUH.
>>
>>34845238
Fuck off. You make all vegetarians look bad when you go about preaching your shit that nobody cares about.

>health benefits
Not even noticeable as far as I can tell having been vegetarian for 10 years since I was 14.
>environmental benefits
It would only make a difference if half the fucking population went vegetarian. Meat producers don't say "oh well it looks like 27 people from this one town went vegetarian, looks like we have to lower our production".
>>
>>34845238
>hurr humans are the same as gorillas
please nobody fall for this bait.
>>
Btw, forgot to add that research has found that vegan children are a lot shorter on average than their meat eating counter. Have fun with your manlet offsprings, just in case you're not gay
>>
File: 1446873023136.png (744 KB, 964x768) Image search: [Google]
1446873023136.png
744 KB, 964x768
>>34845238
Jesus Christ will you vegans ever shut up. We get it you suck at everything and need something to feel superior about in your life but news flash. Not eating meat doesn't make you superior. Inb4 I don't do it to feel superior. Then shut up and keep your stupid no gains diet to yourself. I'll gladly take five years off my life expectancy so I can eat a big juicy prime cut steak and actually enjoy my meals everyday. Enjoy those leaves and brittle bones when you hit fifty
>>
>>34845238
>doing BJJ and not following the Gracie Diet (tm)

Its like your just pissing all over master Helio's grave who died for your sins.
>>
>>34847075
>soy
>soy
>soy
>soy
Soy is incredibly unhealthy for men in the doses needed to be a lifter.
The artificial estrogen kills testosterone, causes man breast, and will eventually cause cancer.
Pretty well documented.
For a fitness guy in general, it's an ok source of protein in small doses.
>>
humans are evolved to be omnivores, how can restricting our diet be healthy

fuck this planet and everyone on it

dont give a shit about animal rights
>>
>>34848723
I mean, people do have to eat less meat

the way we eat meat now is unsustainable. if people would only eat beef like once a week and chicken maybe twice we woudl probably be okay

but noooo americans have to eat meat 3x a day every day or they think they'll wither away and die. the world cant keep up with the demand for meat

I'm not a vegetarian btw just saying. I try to eat meat like 3 days a week or something
>>
>>34848782

>research has found

What's the point of even saying this without posting the research? Research has found that you're a faggot
>>
>>34845238
Why has there been so much vegetarian/vegan shilling lately?

Like who is Monsanto paying to come on here and shill their soybeans all day wtf?
>>
>>34845238
>Hunter here

why arent you hunting and processing your own meat yet?
>incredible taste benefits
>tremendous environmental benefits
>and hey, animal rights benefits are an added plus
>>
>>34845238
I mostly am.

>>34845854
Cum.
>>
>>34848427
>doing Phd
>can't differentiate between vegan and vegetarian
>>
File: IMGP5315.jpg (325 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMGP5315.jpg
325 KB, 1600x1200
>>34845854

Legumes
>>
>>34845854
Meat
>>
File: 1446542237591.png (16 KB, 567x522) Image search: [Google]
1446542237591.png
16 KB, 567x522
>BJJ competetor and MMA practioner, former lifter here.

> With a 0-25 record and 6ft 120lb here

That's why senpai
>>
>>34845854
just buy vegan protein powder, no bid deal
>>
>>34849023
>Soy is incredibly unhealthy for men in the doses needed to be a lifter.
Wrong
>The artificial estrogen kills testosterone, causes man breast, and will eventually cause cancer.
Wrong

But feel free to spew this meme for ages even if not a single publication support this.

>man breast
That's hormones in meat, dumbass.
>>
>health benefits

It's literally just cutting out pork. You veggiefags never do any sort of complete research.
>>
>>34846976
>being vegetarian **only** to look cool in the eyes of gals
pescetarian here
you're retarded
>>
>>34849451

>That's hormones in meat, dumbass.

Wrong.

Are vegans/vegetarians aware that it is literally impossible to sustain our population with a pure food my food eats diet?

Convert every inch of farmland on earth right now to purely vegan foods. Watch as billions starve to death because of a lack of food.

Human lives > Animal rights
>>
>>34849483

>Are vegans/vegetarians aware that it is literally impossible to sustain our population with a pure food my food eats diet?

Do you know what trophic levels are and how much of the food we currently grow is fed to livestock instead of humans?
>>
>>34845854
I use rice protein from truenutrition. No additives.

Use cinnamon and stevia to make it taste good.
>>
>>34849494

> Do you know what trophic levels are and how much of the food we currently grow is fed to livestock instead of humans?

Do you know that's irrelevant and I'm still right?

There simply isn't enough room on earth to grow enough plants to feed 7 billion.

Also kek at you're retarded logic

> Hurr animal rights, don't eat meat

> But anon, there isn't enough plants to go round, people will starve!

> Take the plants off the animals then, feed that to humans

> .... But then animals will starve anon

> FUCK YEAH ANIMAlL RIGHTS BROOOOO
>>
>>34849513
Jesus Christ, you're retarded. If humans aren't breeding farm animals far in excess of natural capacity, there will be fewer animals that need feeding. No one is suggesting deforestation to support vegan diets.

The amount of waste in growing food to feed animals to feed us is huge. If we didn't need that step, there would be less land usage and more food to go around.

God you're stupid.
>>
>>34848427
>if you can't be perfectly moral, there's no point in trying to be moral at all
>>
>>34849513

>Do you know that's irrelevant and I'm still right?

I didn't know that, please explain how

>There simply isn't enough room on earth to grow enough plants to feed 7 billion.

Of course there is, but maybe not if we're taking the plants we grow and feeding them to other animals first

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Starch is how you feed large populations. Grains, beans, and potatoes. Always has been, always will be.
>>
>>34849023
>>pretty well documented
But I see no "documenting" in your post... oh wait, I shouldn't be surprised.
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
>Clinical studies show no effects of soy protein or isoflavones on reproductive hormones in men
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
>Soybean isoflavone exposure does not have feminizing effects on men: a critical examination of the clinical evidence.
>http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/89/4/1155.long
>he results of this analysis suggest that consumption of soy foods is associated with a reduction in prostate cancer risk in men

So.
Guess what, it's pretty documented the opposite of what you're saying. There are only a couple of publications reporting aberrant isolated results
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18558591
>An unusual case of gynecomastia
>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21353476
>To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report of a combination of decreased free testosterone and increased DHEA blood concentrations after consuming a soy-rich diet.

In other news, you're a faggot. Soy is perfectly fine. Avoid genetically modified varieties, obviously
>>
>>34849630

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19524224
>J.H.-R while a doctoral student at the University of Minnesota received some minor funding from the Soy Nutrition Institute for work on this manuscript.

>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
>M.M. regularly consults for companies that manufacture and/or sell soyfoods and/or isoflavone supplements, and he is the executive director of the Soy Nutrition Institute, a science-based organization that is funded in part by the soy industry and the United Soybean Board.
>>
>>34849663
So?
>>
>>34847134

We're talking vegetarianism, not veganism.

Eggs, milk, whole wheat, buckwheat, seeds, broccoli are all very good sources of protein. In fact, Soy is probably the best source of protein around, regardless of your diet
>>
>>34845238
Because I like the taste of flesh, your mums foreskin included
>>
>>34849709

Studies paid for by industry are almost guaranteed to find conclusions favorable to what that industry is selling. Quotes taken from them can also be very misleading. I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but just keep in mind where the information is coming from. It would be more credible if you posted impartial research.
>>
>>34849304
>muh biotechnology conspiracy theories

anti-science luddite detected
>>
>>34849908
Those are not studies "paid by the industry". _Your_ attempt at arguing is fallacious and misleading.
Only one of the authors received "some minor funding" in one case, and it's perfectly normal - it's actually the common practice - for this med fields to be in contact with institutions in the fields they are studying.
It's common practice to declare "connections" with institutions and whatnot on published papers.
The only thing that matters is transparency and peer review.

And again, there's no publications adversing these results. The only internet sources you'll likely find on the opposite front are internet scammers (Dr. Mercola, mixing arguments and with zero docs/publications supporting his FUD - "subscribe now to learn how to enjoy the evil soy without troubles!") and moms blogging recklessly
>>
>>34845238
For every chicken you aren't eating, I'll eat two.
>>
>>34846589
>>And hey, animal rights benefits are an added plus
>not really

Are you really that fucking stupid? Do you think animals in farms and industry are treated well?

I'm not in any way one of those go vegan morons, but noone should be stupid as to deny the animal rights benefit of switching to a vegan diet.
>>
>>34850364
No one is denying it, people just don't give a shit. They are animals, their well being doesn't impact our life in any way.

Cruelty and misfortune exists in nature too, caring about animal rights is a prime example of first world problems to be honest senpai.
>>
>>34849445
>main protein source is protein powder
this dyel has the right idea
>>
>>34845238
>Why aren't you a vegetarian yet?
Because a normal diet is far more convenient and enjoyable.
>>
>>34850522

>it doesn't effect me so I don't care

Nigger detected.
>>
>>34850579

Not him but that's just human nature and, therefore, nature period. You have to make a willful effort to care about something that doesn't effect you. You can't care about everything so you have to chose your causes. Animal Rights is just one of many, many, many.
>>
>>34849559
It's more like
>an endless ocean of piss and shit
>dilute it with a cup of water
>all better now

Nothing you ever do to 'better' the system will do a difference in the immense machine that is 7.2 billion people on 24,642,757 square miles of land.
>>
File: 1298299086972.jpg (73 KB, 834x694) Image search: [Google]
1298299086972.jpg
73 KB, 834x694
>>34849548
>the best solution to animal welfare is starving them to death

seems legit
>>
File: 1445229047952.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445229047952.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>34845238
Just why make this. You do MMA and I would still beat you faggot. Fuck you bitch
>>
>>34849559

NO. it's abouth the fact that stupid vegans and vegetarians boast all day abouth being high and mighty moral. For all we know they might kick in the face little children when they see that they eat ham sandwiches
>>
>>34848723
>Meat producers don't say "oh well it looks like 27 people from this one town went vegetarian, looks like we have to lower our production".

this is the most stupid thing I've ever read. If 5% of the world are vegetarian then that's going to make a difference
>>
>>34845238
Animal rights will get infringed anyway even if you don't eat meat.

You're just taking yourself out of the equation but you don't matter as more people will come to replace you.
>>
Anybody else already pretty close to vegetarianism? At some point i realized that i eat meat maybe 3-5 meals a week. Been thinking about going straight vegetarian but my grandma loves to cook for me and i dont want to turn down her cooking
>>
File: blue whale.jpg (46 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
blue whale.jpg
46 KB, 1024x683
>>34845238
>Gorilla eats 30kg of salad every day and thinks he's big

Lmaoing at your life

190,000kg carnivore bros ww@
>>
>>34849445

I bought pea protein powder once and it was disgusting. Literally inedible
>>
im a pescetarian so im close to being your kind.
either way, i do agree with vegetarians and typically you can still have whey protein...which is the best protein as the cheapest anyways.
so people who want 'protein' dont need meat.
the environment will always be fucked, unfortunatly.
and im all for letting animals just kill eachother like the good old days.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.