[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Getting bored with chicken breast erryday >Buy a cheap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: L1000709.jpg (132 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [Google]
L1000709.jpg
132 KB, 1200x795
>Getting bored with chicken breast erryday
>Buy a cheap charcoal grill
>Grill up shitloads of chicken on it every weekend, eat it over the course of the week
>Chicken actually tastes good now

Is there something about grilling on charcoal that's cheating or something?

inb4 Hank Hill.
>>
>>34845025
Nothing macro related. You're just getting tasty carcinogens. Who gives a fuck though? You should enjoy the time you have on this mortal plane.
>>
>>34845025
well, it makes red meat even more amazing than usual, the chicken will always be bland in comparison.
you should try cooking with wood, it's even better!
>>
I actually prefer a stove top chicken vs a grilled one. Steaks on the other hand omg slap my silly grilled masterrace.
>>
>>34845045
>muh carcinogens from food

The effect is do negligible as to be inconsequential.
>>
>>34845025
A lot of it really depends on how you prepare it tbqhwyf

marinades and shit make all the difference
>>
>>34845096
Says anon from 4chan.
>>
>>34845096
The way OP cooked it yes. But a lot of people practically char meat until it's black.
>>
File: 1245.png (286 KB, 478x391) Image search: [Google]
1245.png
286 KB, 478x391
>>
yesterday i ordered a whole chicken from this mexican place and the meat was just falling off the bone. so tender and juicy i wonder how they do it.
>>
>>34845062
this, stove chicken is juicier and refrigerates better, also it gets cooked in its own fat on the stove giving it a fried taste.

my personal favorite way to cook chicken breast is to put 3-4 lbs cut into smallish pieces in a crock pot and drown it in my favorite bbq sauce and seasonings. after cooking for 2-3 hours on high I strain out the chicken and shred it. For maximum juicyness i add a little bit of the left over fat+bbq sauce juice to the shredded chicken.
>>
>>34845255
B R I N E
R
I
N
E

also I'll pop one of those grocery store rotisserie chickens any day of the week family
>>
>>34845255
I reckon you could pull it, like pulled pork, as long as you don't mind the prep time - I just let it bubble merrily away while I'm at work and I reckon one day my house will be burned down when I come back. It should make the meat tender and juicy af.
>>
>>34845025
This is how I've been doing my chicken for a while now.

>Bulk buy a shit load of chicken when it's on sale
>Put into several large ziplock bags
>Different marinade sauce in each bag
>Teriyaki, spicy chipotle, lemon/cilantro, whatever you feel like really
>Spend one relaxed afternoon grilling all of it
>Eat at your leisure
>>
>>34845025
wow an interesting thread on /fit/!

how do you guys make your chicken? I usually just buy the boneless skinless breasts, butterfly them, hammer them even and cook them 3-4 min each side and season with teriyaki sauce or some shit, eating it with rice and broccoli. what other easy mode ways are there to prep chickenz? is there an infographic or something?
>>
>>34845025
>inb4 Hank Hill.

You clearly know dick about KotH. Hank was steadfast in using only propane, his family even hid it from him when they became hooked on the great taste of cooking with charcoal.
>>
>>34845197
Feel free to do the research yourself. The percentages increase sounds scary, but when you factor in the base risk of the diseases and how often people actually grill their meat, it becomes inconsequential. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure it out on your own breh, don't take my word for it.
>>
Start smoking it with various kinds of wood. I like cherry and maple.
>>
>>34845797
I've tried smoking... I dunno, it never works for me. Meat just winds up tasting... watery. Its weird.
>>
>>34845062
Stove top is better than a gas grill. I don't know why gas grills are so popular... they dry the shit out of food. I guess its because people like cooking outside and firing up a gas grill is literally pushing a button, while starting a charcoal fire actually takes some time and patience and even a little bit of skill.

Charcoal grill makes things juicy as fuck though.
>>
File: oh wimatanyae.jpg (66 KB, 906x657) Image search: [Google]
oh wimatanyae.jpg
66 KB, 906x657
>>34845025
>charcoal
>Hank Hill
?
>>
>>34845025
Well, its cancer inducing.
>>
>>34845520
I put oil in a pan, cook 1 side of chicken breast on medium for 1 minutes, flip, put lid on, cook on low for 10 minutes, then turn off heat for 10 minutes

It doesn't get a nice crispy outside but its juicy as fuck and really good

you can also fry rice in the left over chicken juice + oil if you want to
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.