[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
MMA Fighter here

Need to start weight training at least 3 days a week. What, in your opinion, is the best option for me? Just shut up and lift heavy weights or is there a more specific routine that would help?
>>
You should have a trainer to tell you how to work out, retard OP.
>>
>>34844578
Just an ammy right now so no personal trainer.
>>
So, fucking chicken.
My question is, what are its actual macros?
Averaging what I've seen online, it seems 8oz is about 220 calls and 46g of protein, but this just can't be right, can it?
>>
Do you guys have a set of calipers that you would recommend? Also around what bf% would you stop cutting?
>>
File: 1428549795172.jpg (53 KB, 497x396) Image search: [Google]
1428549795172.jpg
53 KB, 497x396
>>34844537
So, i left /fit/ and gym for about 5 months
My lifts were (kg)
BP:80 5x5
SQ:100 5x5
DL:120 5x5

Can you recommend some strengh routine that only squats 2 times a week? i think im going to the re Reg Parks one, since ita for people that been to gym for a while, is it a good one?
>>
>>34844595
>>34844537
So you're not a mma fighter
You're just an amateur competitor

There's over 6000 active registered amateur mma competitors in a single amateur mma org in the state of California
>>
Power cleans and explosive movements.I don't even do martial arts but I've noticed I am must faster on everything I do
>>
>>34844747
Okay? I'm just asking in regards to training what a good lifting routine would be.
>>
File: 1.png (365 KB, 361x638) Image search: [Google]
1.png
365 KB, 361x638
I'm 6 feet and 160 lbs. I'm actually planning to start a bulk but I'm curious about something. How long of cutting would it likely take someone like me to get some decent abs? Just curious.
>>
>>34844780 these guys are fucking dicks.
Thai boxer here
Best bet is to go with a lot of compound lifts but remember stay lean. Don't go mad by building traps or massive biceps you don't need. Weight matters not aesthetics
>>
Look for rushfit, its good. GSP appears on the videos.
>>
MMA fighter here.

I highly doubt you need to start weigh training. Train more, train harder. If you want to be a better fighter, practice fighting. If you want to be a better lifter, practice lifting.

Pleb.
>>
How do measure my chest/waist ratio
Is it diameter or length?
Whatdo
>>
Any reason why protein powder usually says "this is not meant to be your primary source of protein"? Is it a warning that I should pay attention to or..? I'm asking because I'm thinking about replacing a meal or two with just protein shakes, trying out PSMF for the second time in the upcoming week.
>>
40 inch chest
29 inch waist
13 inch (at max) arms

Just kill me already.
>>
>>34845054
>How long of cutting would it likely take someone like me to get some decent abs?
I'd estimate you could get fairly lean in 10 weeks of serious cutting. By serious I mean your diet and training should be on point and focusing around your goal of burning fat.

>>34844537
Look for Bill Starr's oldschool program from "The Strongest Shall Survive". That shit combined with some conditioning work and you'll be a beast.

>>34844717
>is it a good one?
It's fine.

>>34846836
Diameter. The important thing is you're consistent in your method from time to time though.

>>34848873
It doesn't say that on any protein supplement I've ever had. The fact is that whey is pretty much the gold standard as far as protein quality goes (good amino acid profile and bio-availability).
That said, you should always aim to eat a varied diet in order to get enough micronutrients.
>>
When I do farmers' walks, how many sets should I do and how far should I walk?

Right now I do two sets and walk the length of the workout room twice per set.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.