[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ABS general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 2342342.jpg (138 KB, 967x582) Image search: [Google]
2342342.jpg
138 KB, 967x582
Different training = different looking abs or is it just genetics?
>>
genetics
>>
i trained my abs wrong and now theyr asymmetrical
:(
>>
>>34843836
Supposedly you can make them bulkier by doing lower reps with higher weight, and tighter if you do high rep lower weight, also isolation vs compound could change them but nobody has any proof for this
>>
>>34843867
How do I train my abs to get symmetrical ones?
>>
>>34843872
I just want to tone mine for new years. (:
>>
I can see that the right side of my abs is a little bigger, but I wasnt doing any weird excercises, is it possible to even out these muscles?
>>
>>34843872
This. Assuming OP means changing the actual shape or "look", that's determined by inserts and the ribbons of cartilage crossing over the muscle, which are genetic.
>>
>>34843911
fix your posture, get your form perfect and with time they will even out, considering that your rib cage isn't fucked or something like that.

also as a daily reminder : humans aren't 100% symmetrical
>>
>>34843836
Zyzz never trained abs, he was just always 8-10% body fat.

Train your abs and they'll get bigger.
>>
These guys are flexing in different ways.

Zyzz is pulling them up tighter around the ribs, which involves the obliques more.

The other guy is only really flexing his rectus abnominus while pulling in the obliques.

You just have to practice both a bunch to understand how to make each "type" of ab display. As far as the insertions and symmetry and all that shit, it's all genetic.
>>
>>34843891
>tone
>>
>>34843885
get massages and go to the chiropractor regularly to keep posture on point
>>
>>34843836
shape genetics
size training
>>
>>34846165
might be troll but anyway, you are completely incorrect

symmetry in rectus abdominus is completely genetic
>>
>>34846193
>He fell for the genetics meme
>>
>>34846248
dont you maymay me i will rape your family
>>
>>34846165
>chiropractor

Physio would be much better (and more affordable).
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.