[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 19
Gotta go fast
>>
>>34805667
I run for distance not speed breh
>>
>>34805905
You sound like one of those obeasts who take 3 hours to finish a 5k
>>
>>34805667
running fast fucked up more than it did good.

Or are you a twink thinking he runs fast?
>>
am I the only one cringing at that serious heel strike?
>>
If you can't do atleast a 25 minute 5k, you're not in shape. It doesn't matter if you train for powerlifting, for cycling, or whatever.
Sub 20 is ideal, but 25 is minimum. Srs.
>>
So guys, help me out.

A year ago I was running 3 miles every morning after coming off hairline fractures in both tibea (before that I was doing 5.5 miles every other day).

During the winter I seriously sprained my back plus a lot of snow killed my running. Started back up in April and was getting back into it when I ended up having cancer surgery.

I'm trying to get back into it now but feel I've lost all motivation. Blood pressure is up, weight is up and yet knowing all these I just can't motivate myself to go running.

Anyone ever overcome lack of motivation and get back into running?
>>
>>34805667

Ran 5k non-stop for the first time today. 28mins. Is that okay?

Also should I be doing 5ks on the treadmill or outside?
>>
>>34806500

Tell yourself to run three times next week. I guarantee that you will get the runners rush after that and will want to go out running.

Just push yourself to get the fuck out there and run.

Run 5k

Doesntm atter if you can only jog at 8 km/hour just complete it
>>
>>34806523
>Ran 5k non-stop for the first time today. 28mins. Is that okay?
just keep at it. There are c25k type programs for increasing speed. I went from 5k every other day to 10k, then dialed back to 8k and worked on speed.

>treadmill or outside
whichever works for you, i think technically outside is supposed to be better, but whichever works for you is the best.
>>
>>34806550
I always find outside more difficult. I guess its because of the uneven surface and having to think about your pace.
>>
>>34806292
not quite
>>
I bought a few gels to practice with on my long runs, how easy are they to consume while running? Or should I stop temporarily to finish them?
>>
>>34806534
Yeah, I remember the rush. Would like that again. Just need motivation and it's been lacking.
>>
>>34805667
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
>>34806560
well on the treadmill the floor is moving for you plus no air resistance.
Also take into account terrain/grade/obstacles/weather.

treadmills are fucking easy and shouldn't count as running.

>I used to run 30 minutes on treadmill , thought I was bad ass.
>couldn't run 10 minutes outside.
>>
>>34806682

This. If possible, you should run outdoors.

I live in the Netherlands so the terrain is pretty much flat. I always cringe when I see young people running on a treadmill. They even run inside when the weather outside is great.
>>
Are you supposed to wear underwear under leggings?
>>
I've always hated running and cardio in general but I just had an appendectomy and spent the whole 6 weeks recovery sitting on the couch drinking. Now I have to quit drinking again so I tried to run today after work. Made it half a mile. Walked half a mile after, then ran another quarter mile.

Tell me it's gonna be ok brehs....
>>
File: IMG_20151105_161140.jpg (920 KB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151105_161140.jpg
920 KB, 5312x2988
Can anyone recommend a new pair of shoes for me similar to these? I want very thin, flat bottoms with no heel rise and something I can run in as well as wear around as every day beaters. These pumas are perfect for me but they don't make them anymore and this pair has been worn every day now for about 4 years.
>>
>>34807346
Look at the adipure 360.3
>>
How do you reduce foot pain when running/jogging?
>>
>>34806292
>mfw I did a 5k in 35
I can use my asthma as an excuse but even so I'm terribly out of shape. Going to start training more to get it at least under 30, then go for 25 slowly. I've heard asthma improves once you train more, so I can reach 20 if I work at it :)
>>
>>34807336
Gotta start from somewhere I know you'll make it. I had a C-section and couldn't run for months. I was devistated so took up drinking. Now I'm back to 5k a day.
>>
>>34807542
I think it depends on your shoes but I'm not totally sure. Mostly new shoes and worn out ones hurt my feet the most.
>>
>>34807636
Would it be stupid to use dr scholls in my shoes when running?
>>
>>34807346
check out the merrel m connect range
>>
>>34807542
Depending upon what kind of pain it is, the issue can be anything from bad running form / poor gait, incorrect shoe selection, to friction.
If it's painful through your ankles, you may pronate or supinate and there are shoes designed to help with this. If it's your heels or bottom of your forefoot it is likely your gait, in which case your feet are slapping the ground hard or heelstriking. Hot spots can be fixed with properly sized shoes, socks and a skin lubricant like Bodyglide.
If you already run like a beast, feet just get sore and tired sometimes.
Regardless of the situation, good job on running.
>>
>>34806417
I'd say this is true up to a certain age. My older sister is fit as fuck but hovers around 28-29 mins and shes 33
>>
How can I work on pacing/speed? I finished C25K a few weeks ago and have started pushing towards 10k, but I can't really get to an 8:30 minute pace for more than a mile or so without having to slow down after.
>>
>>34808226
Calculate what that speed would be and train it on a tmill or start pacing yourself with a Garmin or equivalent. You can also just time yourself over distance. You'll get a feel for the correct pace after a time.
>>
>>34808199
There are age/sex adjusted running charts. I'm 41 and clear the 5k mark at 22 mins during my 8k morning runs.
>>
>>34807542
Get the right shoes for your pronation and make sure your stride is good.
>>
>>34806336
Me too, I can feel the shin splints already
>>
I'm just starting to run. I can't really follow c25k due to work and other exercise commitments. As someone who cannot run a full 5km's straight - am I better off going for shorter, more intense intervals (not HIIT, like 2-3 min stretches), or running at a slower pace which I can sustain for >5mins?

I'm not worried about speed at all - just getting up to that first 5km without having to walk any.

Also, I just bought myself a GPS watch for running and cycling. Fuck they're amazing. A really good tool and some fun motivation (trying to beat cunts on strava when cycling, mostly).

Anyone tried Zombies, Run! It's a pretty fun running 'game', with a cool story.
>>
>>34807346
I found the Nike free 4.0 freeknit runomegameter's to be pretty good. Probably not quite as flat as those, but they've different levels of flatness (3.0's being the most minimal, I think). They look amazing and are very fucking comfortable to use as just walking about shoes.
>>
File: 1441424547272.png (201 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1441424547272.png
201 KB, 500x373
Is it bad that I'm a skinny 24 year old who can only run a 25 minute 5k and a 55 minute 10k.

I started running about 3 months ago and have definitely improved a lot but I feel like I'm really fucking slow considering my age and the fact that I'm not fat. I'm going to keep running anyway but it feels like shit to put in effort every day just to run at a pace that your average untrained person off the street could run. I'm beginning to think I have lung cancer or something.
>>
>tfw had two oatmeal cookies on my cut

ran two 5 mile runs today though so im all good
>>
>>34808099
Dont congradulate me, I only went jogging like twice. Stupidly decided to try hiit even though my cardiovasular fitness isnt good enough

Gonna do couch to 5k, but Im really intimidated/anxious about going outside. I know people jog outside all the time but its so awkward running when neighbors are out and can see me. Mainly because of the intervals, even couch to 5k has them in the beginning and I feel like Im being judged when I do the walking intervals."oh look of course the fatty stops and walks"
>>
>mfw all these pussys who run on flat

if you're not doing road runs and incorporating hills into your run, you might as well quit
>>
>>34810354
I'd have to drive like 2 hours to find the nearest hill. Any hill runs I get are like ~5m in length to get down to the river.
>>
>>34808837
That's very impressive especially at 40+, ever get any knee/hip or foot problems?
>>
Is this a decent routine?
Monday
>Intervals
Tuesday
>Easy
Wednesday
>Cross-training (usually cycling)
Thursday
>Tempo Run/Fartlek
Friday
>Easy
Saturday
>LSD
Sunday
>Rest
>>
>>34810104
Anyone?
>>
Is there a program similar to c25k, but for speed?
>>
File: important.jpg (44 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
important.jpg
44 KB, 800x800
>>34810200
You would be amazed at what normal people can run.
Protip - It's not anywhere close to 25 5k and 10k HA most wouldn't even finish
>btw nice double digits
>>
>>34805667
>start a running thread with a pic of a bitch who doesnt know how to run

stupid heelstriking cunt
>>
>>34811424

too bad all elite runners are heelstrikers
>>
>>34807578
I know that feel. The important thing is to keep at it.

>Pic related, its me when I'm running.
>>
>>34807346
Please don't wear your running shoes as everyday footwear. It's unnecessary wear and tear on what should be relatively expensive pieces of equipment.
>>
File: xUAOaen.jpg (15 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
xUAOaen.jpg
15 KB, 250x238
>>34811500
>>
>>34807346
ugliest shoe ever made
>>
>>34806622
generally pretty easy to swallow, but some are pretty sticky.
you want to follow them with some water, so that you can absord them at a decent rate..
>>
>>34810104
both. do one 'long' run a week, with rest day after (usually sunday, then nothing monday). Do speedwork in the middle of the week, hills, fartleks, intervals.

They compliment each other.
>>
>>34811154
you could get away with dumping the friday easy run for something else (lifting), but other than that, looks good.
>>
>>34812265
Righto. Sounds easy enough to plan around. At the moment I've been doing a longish run with a high intensity (any running is high intensity for my fat ass), and then the next day is a medium intensity ride (25km in an hour), with a walk in the evening.

I can probably switch it up so there's a day with 200-400m intervals. Maybe 30-50 minutes with rest periods. Any magic pace? I tend to run around 6:30/km if I'm aiming to maintain that pace. I suppose it's just as fast as I can.
>>
>>34806534
theres no guarentee on the rush, I've never gotten it in my entire time of running.
>>
I've got 2 months to go from barely being able to run a half mile in one go to being able to run a mile and a half in under 13 minutes.

Is it possible?
>>
>>34806682
this is why you always should run on a treadmill with a 1.5 -2% incline

outside running is even easier then
>>
>>34807158
whatever you prefer

im running with polyester boxer briefs underneath
>>
If the outside of my ankle starts to hurt when I run that means my shoes aren't suited for me, right?
>>
>>34813528

It could also be that your technique is whack as shit. I would suggest you visit a store like Runnersworld where they can monitor your running style and offer solid advice based on that.
>>
So I want to buy some minimalist running shoes

Is less cushion better? What about stack height?
>>
>>34810292
I felt the same. I dont run with headphones in because the drivers in my area are horrible so I need to be really aware of my surroundings when running at night especially. That being said, I turn my phone volume all the way up so I can hear the C25K app tell me when to start/stop running/walking. It's pretty loud so the people around me that could be judging can definitely hear it and that kind of helps me get past that insecurity. I'm on week 3 now and I find that with each run I give one less fuck about what others think of me running- I'm the one being outside and active while they're chain smoking on their porch.

Good luck Anon!
>>
>>34814357

I ran 45 min. last night and afterwards when doing my cooling down I could feel this couple running towards judging me for walking.

People will always judge others to feel better about themselves. But there are also a lot of people (like me) who will applaud another's effort to get into shape.
>>
Former D1 XC and track runner, 4:15 1500, 8:55 3k, 15:40 5k, 32:17 10k, 73:43 half marathon. One of my former teammates now runs pro for Nike (3:56 mile, multiple time All American). I also worked in various running store for almost 10 years between HS, college, and a few years after before I got into grad school. Answering questions if anyone has any.
>>
>>34814394
>>34814286
>>
>>34814286

It depends on why you're interested in minimalist shoes.

Most people do it to strengthen their feet, and improve their form, which are related but distinct goals. If you want to strengthen your feet, you don't need minimal shoes to do that. Eccentric calf raises, weighted calf raises, and short barefoot runs on grass will do that just fine. A regular part of my routine in HS and college was after my easy runs, 4-8 times accelerations over the length of a soccer field with roughly 1:00 to 1:30 standing rest between accelerations. You could start with 2-4 accelerations and build up.

Alternatively, if you're interested in changes to running form, a 'performance weight' full trainer or some of the heavier racing flats will be a good middle ground shoe that provides enough cushion to protect you, while giving you more response so you can focus on your mechanics. The Nike Zoom Elite, Nike Streak, Adidas Boston Boost, Adidas Adios Boost, Mizuno Sayonara, New Balance Zante, and the Pearl Izumi N1 are just a few options in the 8-10 ounce range with moderate heel drops and low to moderate stack heights that would all probably suit your needs. Go to a running store and get analyzed if you're unsure of what you need.

When transitioning into minimalism, keep your goals in mind. The goal isn't for minimal shoes to feel comfortable, the goal is to use less energy for the same output and to get injured less often. I wear mostly racing flats (not minimal, ie. low drop or barefoot, but very lightweight) but started wearing those shoes only after several years of trying to perfect my running form. A lightweight shoe helps with that, but it's not a panacea.
>>
>>34814448

To answer your question more directly, don't worry too much about stack height (or heel drop for that matter). Focus instead on the subjective sensation of the shoe, and whether running with good form feels intuitive or not when wearing the shoe. I have shoes in the high 10 ounce range with a 12mm drop that I can fly in because the cushioning is firm and responsive. I have a pair of Nike Frees that have a low drop and stack height, and are low weight, but they feel clunky to me because the cushioning system is so soft. Go by the feel, not by the numbers.
>>
>>34814460
>>34814448
thanks mate
>>
>>34814460

Should I use a particular type of shoe when running exclusively short distances (3-10km) on tarmac?
>>
>>34814394
What are some good shoes/shoe brands for an absolute beginner? Or what should you look for when buying running shoes? I'm a total noob when it comes to running...
>>
>>34814539

I use the same shoes for short and long distances on most surfaces. The only exceptions are very short distances on the track (I will use racing spikes) or any running done on highly technical soft trails (in which case I use a trail shoe with a firmer midsole and grippier, softer, sticky rubber on the outsole).

I do have a wide variety of shoes that I own, which I will choose based on how I'm feeling that day when I step out the door. The day after a hard workout or lifting session my muscles are sore and stiff, so I'll use a softer shoe. Most days I prefer a medium-firm shoe. For hard tempos and interval runs I prefer a very firm shoe. Other people have more consistent preferences; no matter the distance or speed my wife prefers a very firm shoe.

tl;dr Whatever shoe you use for longer runs is going to be fine for shorter runs as well.

>>34814537

Happy to help.
>>
>>34814544

If there is a running specialty store within reasonable travel distance from where you live, go to them. After almost a decade of working in running stores, I can tell you that there is no one brand that puts out a consistently better product than the others (assuming you're shopping in the same range of quality).

A note on pricing; within a given store, a more expensive shoe isn't necessarily a better shoe. But there are stores that carry collections of better product. Take the Nike Air Dart, Pegasus, and Vomero for example.

Air Dart - 60 dollar price point, will be toast after 150-200 miles, poor grip, not much tech put into the comfort of the shoe. Found in the mall, Footlocker, etc.

Pegasus - 110 price point, lasts ~500 miles, good grip, soft cushion, nice knit upper hugs the foot well. Found both in the mall and run specialty.

Vomero - 140 price point, ~500 mile lifespan, same outsole as Pegasus, softer but not necessarily more shock absorbing. Usually a run specialty exclusive.

The Vomero and Pegasus are comparable to me, but the Air Dart is an objectively lower quality shoe (which doesn't mean it's bad, it's just worse than the Pegasus or Vomero).

My point is, avoid buying by brand, and try a few things on until you find what works for your foot. A good fit should be snug at the heel and instep, secure and closely fitted but not constricting over the instep, and should have a full thumbnail of space from the end of your toe to the end of the shoe when you're standing and your foot is lengthened forward (it will seem roomier if you test length while seated as your foot isn't all the way forward).

Let me know if you need further clarification.
>>
>>34814616

I'm off to class, but I'll be in and out during the day today. I'll try to answer as many questions as I can.
>>
>>34814616
Thanks based Anon. I was thinking of going to Marathon Sports- that's the only sporty store in the area other than REI
>>
>went from 23 minutes to 21 minutes for 5km in about 3 weeks

Soon il be below 20 minutes. Already I am getting some looks by the top guys in the runners club...SOOON.

>that feel when you know that you are faster than 99.7% of everyone in our society.
>>
>>34806417
Sub 15 crew here
>>
>>34807085
The kind of people that run on treadmills.

Anyway, I live in Colorado so yeah. Hills are everywhere.
>>
>>34807158
Compression shorts
>>
>>34812960
Been there, done that. It's possible, you just have to actually run often and eat decently.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>34807346
Try the new balance Minimus zero v2's. They are the best shoes I have ever worn and last forever.
>>
File: 1374547325158.jpg (64 KB, 500x674) Image search: [Google]
1374547325158.jpg
64 KB, 500x674
>>34805667
i want to change how much i run in a week. does this revised exercise schedule sound like it would be a case of 'too much exercise over a week'? specifically with regards to my legs.

current:

monday - weight lifting later in the day
tuesday - run for 2.5 miles (uphill mostly on the first half, downhill mostly on the second half) later in the day
wednesday - weight lifting later in the day
thursday - run for 2.5 miles (uphill mostly on the first half, downhill mostly on the second half) later in the day
friday - weight lifting later in the day
saturday and sunday - rest

revised:

monday - run for 1.25 miles early in the day (uphill halfway first then downhill halfway), weight lifting later in the day
tuesday - run for 2.5 miles (uphill mostly on the first half, downhill mostly on the second half) later in the day
wednesday - run for 1.25 miles early in the day (uphill first then downhill), weight lifting later in the day
thursday - run for 2.5 miles (uphill mostly on the first half, downhill mostly on the second half) later in the day
friday - run for 1.25 miles early in the day (uphill first then downhill), weight lifting later in the day
saturday and sunday - rest

i squat mon, wed and fri (currently 5x5 for 390 lbs and i increase weight by 5-10 pounds when i'm comfortable with my form) if it matters. i'm 6'5, 245, ~13% BF if that matters.

please no bully.
>>
>>34810354
Hills are speedwork in disguise
>>
>>34811500
The longer the distance the more heelstrikers. Marathoners are usually heel strikers. 800m guys are usually midfoot
>>
>>34814394
Who was your teammate? Also, I am an 18 year old with a pr of 15:44 in the 5k, 4:20 in the mile, and 1:58 in the 800. Do I have a shot at walking on a D1 team? I can't get recruited I don't think because I don't run XC anymore due to tensions between me and the coach.
>>
>>34805667
>heel striking OP pic

do you even run?
>>
>>34814788

Erik Van Ingen (I ran for Binghamton).

When you say you can't get recruited, do you mean coaches aren't reaching out to you, or do you mean you can't get them to return your attempts to reach out to them?

With 15:44/4:20/1:58 you should absolutely be able to walk on to almost any D1 school barring the big dogs (and possibly some of the big dogs depending on the coach). You should also be able to get some money at some of the weaker programs. The tension with the coach leading you to not run is a HUGE red flag for a lot of coaches. What is the source of your current tension?
>>
>>34814699

I was in Norway recently and I was surprised how many people were running outdoor, even though the terrain was very harsh. Not a single gym in sight. Everybody is working out outdoors. Running, mountainbiking, even using weird road skis.
>>
>>34814986
>>Being in Norway
>>Not knowing about roller-skis

Nigga I'm an American and I know more about Nordic skiing than you do. How is that possible?!
>>
File: 1437009490367.jpg (23 KB, 948x531) Image search: [Google]
1437009490367.jpg
23 KB, 948x531
>>34815014

Lol, I don't know, man. I've never seen shit like that. It did look like a lot of fun, though.
>>
>>34815325

It actually is. It's terrifying if you do it anywhere with cars, but if you do it anywhere that isn't perfectly paved it's really tough though. I prefer skiing on actual snow.
>>
>>34813359
I find running in trails to be extremely good, since the views are nice and you get some quality miles in.
>>
>>34814394
Any advice on being consistent? Also, what do you do to stay focused while running(in a race specifically)?
>>
>>34814737
please respond
>>
>>34815384

It's also much lower impact, producing much lower injury rates.

>>34815410

During races I focus on the actual act of running and I try not to let my mind wander. I focus on my form, I focus on maintaining a high effort, I am conscientious of how hard I can go without going too fast and accumulating more lactic acid than I can clear. Experience helps. If you race more, you will get better at redlining (and get a better sense of your ability, which allows you to attune your pacing to your fitness better).

During training my focus varies. When I run with my wife on easy runs, I'm shooting the shit and just enjoying time with her. During a lactic threshold workout I'm focusing on holding back so I don't cross over energy systems. During VO2max intervals I've got the same mentality as when I'm racing. During all out speed work I'm trying to get amped up. For easy runs on my own I'm focusing on form, stride rate, posture, etc.

In terms of being consistent, having macro, meso, and micro cycles of training helps. I have a long term plan of what I want to do in running over the next year or two (macro). I know what I need to do over the next 3-4 months to progress to that point (meso). I know what I have to do this week to meet my meso goals, on a daily basis (micro). So this week I want to do the following things; run 50 miles, run 3k-2k-1k at 6:00 mile pace with short rest between reps, I want to do two sessions of hill bounding, and I want to lift twice. I know that if I don't do some part of that on a given day, I won't have time to do it. That keeps me from slacking/procrastinating. Hopefully that answers your question.

>>34815440

I might switch Thursday and Saturday so your rest is more evenly spread out, but otherwise this looks fine. It's better to spread mileage out over more days than to add more miles to a smaller number of days, so your method of progress is correct.
>>
>>34806417
90% of fit could not run that.
That's pretty fast desu brah. Certainly not unreasonable, but a lot of marathoners would struggle to pull off that sub 8 minute mile for 3 miles. I dunno is I'd go that far.
>>
>>34810104
I was in the same boat. The best advice I ever got was to go slow, if you can't keep running, go slower. Keep your form the same as if you were running. No matter what you do, don't switch to a walk. Just keep chugging along. Also, start out slower than you think you need too. Your body will thank you once you get a little ways in.
>>
>>34816143

>If you can't keep running, go slower
>No matter what you do, don't switch to a walk

This is great advice.
>>
Does anyone else have a problem with long runs and chest pains? Every time I hit the 7 mile mark my heart hurts a little, I felt my pulse and it was way to high. Am I just running too fast or should I see a doctor? I don't have any problems when resting or during short runs.
>>
>>34816525
Go see a doctor, it's fucking free
>>
>>34816525

Absolutely go see a doctor. Lots of weird aches and pains are associated with running; heart pain and chest pain are not among them.
>>
>>34816089
I've never been a good runner and my bf is like 21% but I can easily pull of a sub 24:20 5k, and yes it's actually five kilometres as I've checked it on jewgle maps. Literally no excuse if you are healthy.
>>
I'm a recovering fatass and I'm thinking about runing as my cardio but i absolutely hate running. Does it get easier/more bearable with time? I hit gym 3 times a week and do some basic strength training, and walk 10km during rest days to burn some fat. Unfortunately walking for almost two hours gets boring and my body is slowly adapting to it so the weight loss is not as good as it once was, hence the running idea.
>>
>>34816453
Is taking a few short breaks of brisk walking between running each mile/half-mile, better than just running at a slower pace for longer? I'm trying to work on my endurance, but also want to increase my speed quite a bit.
>>
>>34807578
Are you running treadmill or outdoor? Cause I was running 5ks on treadmill at 32-34 minutes. Then I decided to run outside for the first time, and my 5k time was 27:30. Not only is it physiologically better, but mentally too cause you're not staring at different metrics on a screen and gauging pace and progress constantly.

My 5k time is 22:40 right now. I feel under 20 is tantalizingly close. Once I hit that, I'm going to start going for distance.
>>
19:55 5k from rest
>>
>>34818939

I mean what you're describing is basically a couch-to-5k, which is fine, but you should eventually try to work up to work up to running continuously.
>>
>>34806336
Thats how humans naturally run. You get shin splints from years of wearing shoes which deform your feet.
>>
>>34823363

that's a load of bullshit and doesn't even make any sense. I really doubt humans without shoes would run with a heel strike in a natural environment without a padded heel. that's a sure fire ticket to snap city. heel striking is easier but forefoot striking will make you a better runner. its very hard to switch over, takes a lot of effort and dedication.
>>
am I the only one who gets a serious full body workout from running. everything from my lats and shoulders to my calves hammies glutes and quads gets so fucking worked when I run properly. my abs and chest too. I see people running on the side of the road when im driving and they look so lazy and are going without any real spring in their step and if i ran like that id be in constant pain. when i run properly im a fuckin human spring going boingy boingy boingy. feelsgoodman just gotta work on endurance.
>>
>>34818939

if taking breaks allows you to focus on technique more then of course its better. running distances is easy enough. running distance while keeping proper form is the challenge. very few people you see out jogging are actually training their body in an optimal fashion, instead its mostly just cementing poor movement mechanics.
>>
File: transition.png (290 KB, 1131x355) Image search: [Google]
transition.png
290 KB, 1131x355
>>34805667
>SHOE HELP. PLEASE, MY CALVES ARE IN AGONY.

After wearing through the sole's foam of my old running shoes (Kalenji Ekiden 75) I've decided to buy a new pair. Since my mileage kept going up (i went from couch potato to half-marathoner), i decided it's time to invest in some "proper" running shoes, so i picked the Kalenji Kiprun LD Neutral for the price of which I could've bought 5 pairs just like my old ones.
I tried these new ones in the store, they felt great, a lot bouncier and shit. One 5k run later, I decided that the toebox was too small, so I turned them in for a pair that was 1/2 size bigger. Yay, no more toebox issues. Only that my calves hurt a lot after wearing them. I wore them the next couple of days to college, thinking that it would speed up the breaking in process, but nooo, my calves still ache like a bitch, even when only walking in them.
What could be the cause of this? Both the old model I ran in and the new one have a 10mm heel-toe drop, and as far as I can see the only difference is the fact that the new model i'm wearing has a "upwards-pointing" tip, as well as an asymmetrical heel. Is this normal for changing shoe models, with biomechanics adapting and all that, or did I buy a shoe which doesn't work for me?
>tl;dr changed shoe types (no heel-to-toe drop change though) and now my calves hurt like a bitch. Is it normal? Regardless of answer, why?

My running PRs:
400m: 1:07
1K: 4:04
1Mile: 7:04
5K: 24:15
10K: 53:04
10Miles: 1:28:35
Half Marathon: 2:00:18

>>34805905
my nigga.

Nothing compares to getting home, being mentally tired, putting your sneakers on and jog yourself into a post-workout endorphin high to get you through the day.
>>
Haven't run for about a month, after I started feeling some discomfort / mild pain in my knee when I ran 13K for the first time (previous best was 10K). Planning to start again next week...
Before, I usually did 1 "long" run (10K at about 145-150 BPM, which usually corresponded to 8 KPH) per week, and 1 or 2 slightly faster runs (4K-7K at 9-11 KPH, which usually corresponded to 160ish BPM for most of the run, spiking up to 180 BPM in the last 500 meters or so).
As you can see I'm very slow (even though I'm pretty tall, almost 2 meters at about 90 kg, skinnyfat, 32 years old). Mainly run to be healthier, would like to increase my speed to get more of a work-out in the same time, but a friend advised me to run at a low heart rate because that's best for health, which is why I was trying to increase distance. Balancing speed and heart rate is also a lot harder than trying to run at a certain heart rate.

Tips/Tricks (or useful links) for increasing medium-distance maintainable speed?
Tips/Tricks to detect potential injury while you're running (so you can stop then and take 1 week rest, instead of only really feeling it on the next run attempt, and taking 1 month rest). Or to prevent it? (Obviously going +33% max distance at once was probably stupid, but as far as endurance goes I felt that I could have lasted even longer actually, if it weren't for the knee).
>>
>>34818939

You must realise that it's almost never completely necessary to walk. Even if you are an absolute beginner, you are still capable of jogging lightly when you feel like you should stop running and start walking.

I would sugest that you run at a slower pace continously first. I assume that you cannot run a 5k continously. When you are unable to do that, speed really should not be your concern.

Work on your endurance first and when you're able to run the distance you desire, try and shave off minutes.
>>
>>34814683
tips?
>>
>>34810400
no, i have only been running for about a year though.. before that i was very lazy, so since middle school this is probably the first time i have really used my joints/bones/muscles. When i first started running I did aggravate my Achilles by trying to go to fast with bad form.
>>
>>34823726
can you elaborate?
>>
>>34810200
dw anon, just keep running. You'd be surprised that it's actually faster than normalfags/fatasses, some can't even finish the distance.
>>
>>34810354
>running up hills

Fine

>running down hills

Fuck no
>>
Beginner here, I'm running 3 times a week around 12.5-13km/h and usually run between 8 and 10km.
I'm planning to join army, any idea on how much a normal grunt run each week? speed and distance?
>>
>>34805667
>running
>ruining your gains
>actively transforming into a hungry skeletor

>>/r9k/
>>
What kind of apparel does /fit/ wear when they go running? I've started running recently and noticed that I kind of have no fucking room to put anything. I live in an apartment building, so I need my keys on me at all times to get back in at the very least. I'd also like to bring my phone with me to help track progress and time, or for an emergency. Keys jangling in my shorts pocket is sort of getting annoying as fuck, and I basically have to just stick one hand in the front pocket of my sweatshirt to keep my phone steady for fear of it falling out. You can imagine how awkward this is. I'm considering getting a small bag or something for my back to keep those two things in, and maybe a bottle of water in as well. Good idea, Y/N?
>>
>>34807085
>not running on a treadmill with 7-10% incline
Never gonna make it.
>>
File: 1442252954467.png (252 KB, 819x622) Image search: [Google]
1442252954467.png
252 KB, 819x622
Guys,

Where do I leave my fucking keys and wallet while running? Right now I keep them in my bag, but running with a bag is awkward as fuck.
>>
>>34827503
I used to just take my house key off my key chain and carry it and my phone in one hand. Then I got one of those arm bands that hold your phone. Couldn't use it for a while because my arms weren't big enough ):
>>
>>34827841
get a locker. i usually just put my shoe lace through my key, tie my shoes and im on my way.
>>
>>34827841
Aren't there several jets and rockets that travel way faster than bullets anyway?
>>
>>34812960
Yep, done it in two weeks. My tip, try double the distance and aim to complete under double the time. So <26 for >3 miles.
>>
File: 1330906808453.jpg (166 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
1330906808453.jpg
166 KB, 465x472
>tfw just finished a 75 min run through the neighourhood
>gonna eat some nice food and pop a beer
>still on dat dere runners high

Maximum comfy, basically just ran wherever I wanted, through parks, street, residential areas, real neat.

Anyway, right now I'm doing one 10k a week, one interval session and one time-based run. I'm thinking of pushing the time-based on up to 1:30 eventually, I've heard that one run should focus on duration and not speed/pace.

Opinions?
>>
>>34806417
This.

Running a 5k over 25 miles is unacceptable.
>>
>>34827503
I have one of those armbands that hold your phone. It has a key holder too which is convenient. Usually wear headphones unless it's raining. On short runs I wear whatever, on longer runs I wear technical shirts or spandex shirts, they're pretty good about preventing nipple chafing. I have a handheld water bottle for when it's hot as fuck, thinking about getting a belt or backpack for really long runs.
>>
>>34827841
If the area is safe enough I'll just keep my keys in the space between the gas cap and the door thing. Obviously don't do this in a shitty neighborhood, I imagine if someone really wants to steal something out of your car they'll be aware of this trick.
>>
>>34806500
Just stop being a pussy.
>>
File: gbp4.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
gbp4.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>34814737
The revised looks better, however I would go for a time, not so much a distance. Like a 30 minute run in the morning would do you more good than a 10 minute run. Also, I hope that you run outside and not on a treadmill. You'll enjoy it much more and your body will thank you.
The only other thing I would suggest is a long run on Saturday or Sunday (depending on which night you turn up). That'll help a lot with your endurance.
You can do it all if you get enough sleep. Good luck anon~
>>
>>34823736
I do too. my core and my shoulders the most.
I'm doing distance and 3:5min fartlek runs for endurance
>>
>>34823881
Well if it's just a muscle soreness then you should be ok, your body is just adjusting.
If it's shin, ankle, or arch soreness then return them
>>
is a 14:37 2 mile good? 18 male here who hasnt really ran that much
>>
>>34828909
Thank you, anon. I might have to look into getting one of those armbands. It just doesn't feel as liberating to run when I'm trying to hold on to a bunch of shit at once.
>>
>>34827503
femanon here so my clothing might be different
nike shorts have a tiny pocket for holding a gym card inside. When I go to a park to run I only take my car key fob inside my shorts. I also take my phone on long runs with headphones. Idk what the climate is in your area, but I live in Texas so I usually only wear a sports bra with shorts.
Don't run with a bag it's awful
>>
>>34830247
LONDON
>>
tfw war injuries have me on doctors orders to never run again, and to limit walking to 2 miles daily
>>
Sup guys, I'm really into running but lately my shins and one ankle has been hurting like hell the moment I stop running and start walking. How important are good shoes? I've been using a really old pair, could this be the cause of my problems?
>>
>>34831772
>How important are good shoes?
extremely
>I've been using a really old pair
why? are you broke or stupid?
>could this be the cause of my problems?
yes, in addition to other shit we cant determine over the internet
>>
>>34831791
>why? are you broke or stupid?
Because I didn't have money to spend on expensive shoes right away, I do now. The ones I am using are still good quality, just really old.
>yes, in addition to other shit we cant determine over the internet
I had a hip operation and it is the same on the same side that my ankle hurts after running, but I don't want to rule out running completely.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-07-12-11-03.png (85 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-07-12-11-03.png
85 KB, 540x960
>>34805667
just completed my first 8 mile run today.
New personal record.
>tfw I burned enough calories to eat whatever the fuck I want and more today !!
>>
>>34831541

Don't believe the doctors!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448
>>
>>34831929
well then yeah, you're broke. i cannot judge you for that
>>
>>34832082
>burned enough calories to eat whatever the fuck I want and more today!!
the best feel of them all, congrats on your pr anon
>>
>>34828693
>This.
>Running a 5k over 25 miles is unacceptable.
Yeah, folding space in that way is the depths of degeneracy.
>>
>>34830247
>>34827949
>>34828909

I live in the northeast, so it was about 53 degrees on my run this evening. I get warm really easily though so I like this temperature. I just wish it'd stay this warm all November. I did end up buying an armband online, that'll arrive in a day or two so I don't have to keep my phone in my hand or pocket, and it even has a key holder too. Thanks anons.
>>
I started running last week Monday. Before that I'd never been able to run a mile. I was morbidly obese. It's very freeing. I went on the treadmill for a mile in ten minutes, then the next day I did a mile in 8 minutes. Then on Wednesday I ran on the road two miles. I'm nearly 40 and it was awesome.
>>
>>34827503

Get a fanny pack.
>>
Started running few weeks back on pavements and after a week I fucked my shit up and got shin splints

Can anyone give some advice on prevention and healing?
>>
>>34816525
It's actually your lungs causing it, not the heart.
Google it, the other anons are morons.
>>
Hi /fit/ I'm new to this type of stuff and was wondering if

http://www.runnersworld.com/getting-started/the-8-week-beginners-program

this plus some basic exercises would be sufficient to slim down my stomach

5'7 165lb
>>
>>34833266
a quick good search and you will have your answer.

>form
>shoes
>stretches

I have minor shin splints almost always but I just push through the pain, hasn't bothered me for the last week.>>34833266
>>
>>34833513
It's not too bad, you can try that or C25k. Your first time running will hurt, you just have to push through. Remeber diet is the most important factor in losing weight, and never "reward yourself" for exercise.
>>
>>34816143
Yeah, kinda what I've been doing on my last two runs.

Had to have a break over the weekend. I did too much acid on friday night/saturday morning and am pretty wrecked still (it's sunday evening).

Tomorrow I'm going to make my first serious attempt at running 20 mins straight. I think I should be able to do it.

>>34816453
Sarcasm? It seems like reasonable advice to me, for my goals anyway. When i get to running 5k's continuously I might go for some sprint/walk intervals or something if that's what'll help get me faster. But for now, i don't care how slow I go.
>>
I've got a pair of nike free 4.0. Very fucking comfortable, and I'm not getting any pain from running. I didn't do any of those tests to tell me what sort of shoe would be ideal for me. Did I get lucky, or should I go to one of those stores where they can test your feet?

I'm probably going to pick up another pair of shoes soon - I'd like to start doing a little more trail running and these 4.0's just don't stack u p for that.
>>
What are these shin splints you guys have mentioned?

i doubt i run with good form,i almost always get cramps in my calves ,but ive never felt any pain in my shins
>>
I'm a slow runner, 5K in 30m, 10K in 70-75m. I want to get faster, say 5K in 20-25m, 10K in 50-60m.
I can run 3 times per week, though not much more than an hour each time, due to scheduling issues. I also get a little bit of backup from swimming 2 times per week (though I'm still learning, so that doesn't really mean much yet).
I have a Polar M400 so I can keep track of speed and heart rate.
How do I make the most of those 3x up to 1 hour sessions, to accomplish those speed goals?

For example, for the 5K currently at 10 k/h, do I try to shoot for 5K at 11 k/h (big jump at once, hard to manage), or do I start at 10 k/h and then at X meters from the end up it to 11 k/h, until X=5000? Or do I do the fast bit at the start instead of at the end?

With 3 runs, it would seem obvious to do 1 at 5K and 1 at 10K, and then the last one at whichever I didn't upgrade recently? Or is 1x 5K and 2x 10K always going to be better due to the extra volume? Or should the third one be something different entirely?

Do I need to do that interval training stuff I've heard about?

Does it make more sense to use heart-rate zones instead of speed zones? In the assumption that training at a specific heart rate is healthier and would eventually lead to a speed increase?
>>
>>34838233
Interval training helps massively with speed, run at your usual pace for a few minutes, then sprint full out for a minute and repeat, gradually increasing the time of intervals each week.
>>
>>34838233
You're beyond my level, but the advice I've been given is to simply start doing some interval work. Warm up, then run at your usual pace, and then do some interval at the highest pace which you can maintain, then slow back down to recover before repeating.

Interval distance or time varies based on your goals and level of training. As does recovery. Sometimes you want to be back to 100%, other times you want to go again whilst still in a fatigued state.
>>
>>34838275
>>34838296
Thanks, I guess I'll have to do intervals :) I'll try 1x 5K, 1x 10K, 1x intervals then, and see where that leads me.

I already experimented with them once when I first heard about them, managed to do 5x 200 meters, with 2 minutes slow jogging in between. Top speed of 15 k/h during the 2nd interval, but the last one didn't even go above 12.5 anymore, and even in the fastest ones there was ramp-up time etc. Felt quite unpleasant, and I didn't really understand how it would really help build up my maintainable speed, so I kinda abandoned that. Still don't really understand it, but after your endorsements I guess I'll just have to have some more faith :)
>>
I just want to lose my fucking belly, I honestly have no time to go to a gym because of where I live + no money. But I have running shoes and am accustomed to running 5k now and then (pr is 22 minutes), but know it's not enough.
I've had this belly and face fat since after I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes (I was 84lbs at diagnosis, moved up to 142lbs after). And I just can't keep my weight down. I'm 5'8.
Was thinking something like 5k every other day and a 10k on the weekend, and eating fruit smoothies for breakfast, omelettes or chicken and rice for either dinner or tea. I've calculated it to be around 1200kcal per day. Do you guys think this will be enough or is there any other exercise you would do?
I've considered buying a punching bag to get some boxing cardio in because I know that's pretty intense, and maybe some calisthenics?
>>
So I stopped running for a while. In highschool my PR mile was 5:20, 5k was 20:22 not that good but better than now. I can do a 6:00 mile now, but its not good enough. My goal is 3 miles in 18:00, its a far way off, and the winter is going to slow progress down.

What is the best way to progress, I forget almost everything my track coach taught me. Also, if possible I would like to incorporate sprints in there. Theyre pretty useful for what I'm trying to get into but I was never a sprinter
>>
>>34806292
This.
>>
I feel a heart attack coming on every time after 10-12 minutes of light jogging

How close to dying am I in such scenarios and just how fucked is my cardiovascular system atm?
>>
>>34837128

Na, man, that was not sarcasm. I realise this is /fit/ and all so a compliment is kind of rare, but that was genuinely good advice.

>>34838572
You are probably not experiencing the onset of a heart attack. It is more likely that you are just not used to this kind of exercise so the feeling of a racing heart makes you uncomfortable. If you are really worried, you should see a doctor.
>>
Beginning cardio and diet fag here. I've been on a ~700-800 calorie deficit diet for the last 9 days while also working out.

I've taken to jogging and can reasonably comfortably do 6km at a decent pace. I feel I can even do more, but I think I'm experiencing acid reflux by the end, causing me to be nauseous and almost throwing up. Could it be that I don't eat enough, is there something I can do to prevent this from happening? I really feel that my body can handle more but my upset stomach forces me to quit.
>>
>>34838970

Have you tried changing your pre-workout meal?
>>
>>34838543
Former trackfag here
What worked for me was doing more speedwork

I ran about 19:30 5k and 5:00 mile. Then I was put on our 4x400 team so I started doing more speedwork. Since I already had good cardio, my times dropped a lot. By the time I graduated I was at 17:30 5k and 4:36 mile

Alternatively, you can incorporate weights (specifically squats) into your weekly routine (2-3 days max).
Being stronger makes it easier to run faster; having endurance makes it easier to run longer

I stopped running for 4 years after high school and started lifting instead; ran a 12:00 3200m with absolutely zero cardio training

>tl;dr, since you already have endurance, you need to get stronger
>>
>>34838543
Also, try pace work
If your goal is to run 5k in 18 minutes, that's roughly three 6-minute miles
>6:00 / mile
>3:00 / 800m
>1:30 / 400m
>45s / 200m
Find a track and time yourself for individual laps, then when you can hit four 400s in a day start doing 800s, then when you feel comfortable there start doing one mile intervals
>>
>>34839148
What should it contain, optimally? I'm fucking clueless when it comes to fit, I just eat less and cardio.
>>
>>34839189
Roger that, I'll give speed work a try. It will be better doing that on an indoor track than doing a bunch of miles. I hate tracks, they're so boring.
>>
>>34837148
Yes, go to a running store especially if you're going to start trail running. People like to make fun of nikes but if they work for you then there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>34838067
Shin splints are pain in the shin/around the shin. It comes from weakness/tears in the muscles around the shin and hairline fractures in the shin itself.
Good form (for a distance runner) is a midfoot strike, relaxed and lowered arms, head up, and a SLIGHT lean forward. Don't lift up your knees up too high but don't shuffle or drag your feet either. There's tons of youtube videos on good form.
Also, if you're cramping all the time you're probably dehydrated. Stretching before will help you too.
>>
>>34839248

Well, every body is different, so I can only tell what works for me.

Usually I take some complex carbs like oatmeal, dark bread or potatoes 2-3 hours and a banana 1 hour before running. I avoid fat (meat, eggs, nuts, milk) before my workout since it takes longer to digest these foods. I drink water, coffee or tea.

I would advice that you 1. take in carbs before your workout, and 2. make sure that there is enough time between your meal and your workout. Other than that it is trial and error. You can't go wrong with bananas, though.
>>
>>34838439
Well it would be a lot better if you ran everyday. (and you will feel a lot better)
There are a few types runs that will be beneficial:
>Fartlek Runs
Interval training will help build your endurance and speed. Assuming you're training for endurance, do longer intervals, for example 3 minutes fast and 4 minutes at a regular pace, NOT a walk.
>Track Days
Track days are to help you with your speed. Most high schools have a track that you can use. Since you're looking to get your weight down, I would suggest 5x400m. 400s are great for your core (and personally I think they're the most fun)
Otherwise, you should do some middle distance, like 800s, 1000s, and 1200s, combined with a sprint. My favorite sprints are 200ms. I start halfway across the track, and then walk back through the middle.
It is VERY important that you do a 10 minute cool down afterwords to burn off that lactic acid. Otherwise you'll be sore and miserable the next day.
>Distance Runs
Pretty self explanatory. This is where your 10k would come in. I like to do mine on the weekends so I can go to the park and I don't have to worry about getting to work. Bring some music and enjoy.
>Recovery Runs
Recovery runs are kind of the same as a "rest day" for a lifter. You HAVE to run everyday if you want to improve. So recovery runs can be short and sweet. You could integrate your 5ks here, just don't go too hard, although you probably won't want to.
You should be doing recovery runs after track days, distance runs, and races.
So my week looks like trackday/recovery/fartlek/trackday/recovery/race/distance, and I take every other sunday off.
Your food looks ok, but you'll want some protein after your workout. I recommend greek yogurt because it's low cal, high protein, and really good. And, if you're a big guy, (I'm not really sure looks like your numbers got mixed up) you'll burn a lot of calories. Eat lunch too, maybe a sandwich with a banana and a protein bar. Chicken and rice sound good. (1/2)
>>
>>34838439
>>34839675
Stay hydrated too, that'll help you stay full. And, again, idk what your actual weight is, but I'm 5'4" and 114lbs and I cut at 1200kcal so I think that might be a bit on the low side.
As for other exercises, I lift lightly 3x a week, just because I have no upperbody strength. I would recommend doing some core work. Your core is essential in holding you up while you're running, and who doesn't want a six pack ;)
As much as I hate them, planks are good for you so integrate those. Crunches, side crunches, and leg lifts are good too. I won't type out my whole core thing unless you really want it, but you can do it during commercial breaks while watching tv.
I hope this helps anon, good luck! (2/2)
>>
>>34806417
>be military officer
>average around 22:30 5k without really training that hard
Feelsgoodman.
>>
>>34839248
If you're nauseous, then don't eat 4 hours before you run. You don't need to eat unless you're doing a long run/race (like a marathon). I can't eat before I run, but it's different for everyone. Also, avoid eating dairy before.
>>
Are those "barefoot" shoes worth checking out? I already run bare foot occasionally, I don't see how adding a shoe that feels the same could hurt
>>
>>34839901
Why don't you run in normal shoes?
>>
>>34839675
>>34839732
Thanks for the advice.
As for the weight thing I don't know if you're confused, I lost a lot of weight before I knew what I had, I was about 84lbs (If I recall) when I was diagnosed, was literally skin and bone, close to death kinda thing, seriously.. And have put on a bit too much since and haven't lost it. I'm currently 142lbs and it's all on my stomach and face.
But seriously this advice sounds solid. I bought faster road racing and plan on giving that a good read too. Would you recommend doing these runs on a morning or evening?
>>
>>34839968
Because I'm a special snowflake, and I can't run barefoot in the winter, my feet will get cold
>>
>>34840064
Holy shit 84lbs. That's crazy
I prefer running in the morning but it really doesn't matter. I would choose one or the other though.
>>
>>34840262
Yup. As you might understand the weight gain was welcomed in the first few years, going from nothing to actually being able to retain fat was a massive relief in a strange way.
Gonna run tomorrow first thing in the morning. I have a week off and feel motivated as fuck after reading through this thread. Only problem is there are no tracks where I live, the nearest one to me which is like half an hour away has just been ignored by the college and its overgrown with weeds and shit.
>>
2 hour run + some sprints every now and then, calm steady breathing through the nose

How good am I doing?
>>
I've always loved running.
But lately it feels like I need to focus on my technique, which is my question.

Someone who knows runnres basic / good foot-work or links to improve your step?
>>
>>34840429

You don't need tracks. You just need to put your shoes on and go run. Good luck and let us know how it went.
>>
>>34840565

Bad. It means that you can go harder but you do not.
>>
>>34814683
finally someone whos actually quick. 4:12/1:52 here
>>
>>34841233
Oh the streets are fine, I have a route I've done before which is about 5-10k depending on which extra roads I chose. It's just for when it comes to track days, the sprinting will be difficult because the streets are so short, narrow and full of cars and bins.
>>
>>34841262
I feel like sub 23 5k is quick on /fit/...
It is probably quick by the global population standard.
>>
>>34823881
Bumping my question hoping that I didnt spend a shitload of cash (yes im poor) on footwear which is unusable by me.
Anyone care to give me an answer to why my calves hurt like a bitch after changing my shoe model?
>>
>>34842908
Use insoles. They work. Arch supports.
>>
>>34839447
Righto. I'll make the 2 hour drive to the closest store. haha.

I love Nikes. I'm one of those blokes - I stick with what works for me. Every pair of nikes (non running shoes) I've had so far has lasted a long time, remained comfortable, and didn't begint o look tatty right up until the very end.
>>
>>34806523
for a first time, yes. I went 3 or 4 months running 5k once a week at 28min. Of course I lacked effort, but 28min is fine for first timer.
>>
File: futsal.jpg (71 KB, 620x390) Image search: [Google]
futsal.jpg
71 KB, 620x390
>>34805667
>>34805667
Sup /fit/. I donĀ“t hang out around here that much. This question could easily fit in a QTDDTOT.
I play futsal two times a week but into 10 or 15 min into the court I already feel short of breath. How do I fix my endurance? Should I go for a ct5k or should I become a sprinter? Could you suggest a routine? Thanks!
>>
>>34843892
why not do both?
>>
>>34843901
I dont think I would have time to work two routines =/

I play on wednesdays and fridays. I Work all day and study at night. I dont want my joints and/or muscles to get fucked up too.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.