[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cancer patient wanting to make gains
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /fit/ I use to be a junior national powerlifter, but I was diagnosed with lymphoma, thyroid and lung cancer. I just wanted to come here to ask Everyone's opinion on how to get back in the game, what my diet should turn back into, and any supplements you highly recommend to make permanent gains. Any info would greatly appreciated (I can't do much cardio because due to lung cancer and asthma, it kicks the shit out of me)
>>
Well that's pretty awful and I'm sorry to hear that.
I would seriously talk to your doctors over us, cancer sucks and isn't to be taken lightly. I'm sure you'll kick it's ass but your docs will know much better how to deal with the ins and out applied to working out over us. Good luck!
>>
>>34551740
Come hang out in /plg/ friend, we have another guy with cancer that powerlifts.
>>
>>34551740
Whats the prognosis OPie? Three cancers sure don't sound good.
>>
>>34551740
I always thought that chemo would be the most gains goblin. People take weed when to combat negative effects, maybe do a light routine while high
>>
>>34551775
it depends on what type of cancer he has

usually you get one kind of cells and they metastasize to other locations in the body

if chemo doesn't work immediately (assuming pretty aggressive treatment) it's pretty hopeless

after the cancer spreads there is no real alternative to chemo, so if that's not working it's time to make final arrangements
>>
OP here, sorry for the late response, I was at the gym and moving a couch. But right now I'm going to undergo another round of radiation for my lungs, I believe spot treatment but I'm not sure yet, in November.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 1280x960
It's funny though, I was a stubborn son of a bitch after my 17 hour surgery and was told not to work out for ~4 months, this is what became of my scar.
>>
>>34551740
Sounds shitty, bro. Wish you the best. I finished up 6 months of chemo (ABVD) for Hodgkin's earlier this year. Don't know how bad your sides are, but I was able to lift and rock climb (bouldering) throughout. I stuck with 3x5/5x5 work (because my endurance was fucked) and tried to eat at a caloric surplus (even when I didn't feel like it). Maintaining strength was doable, but I certainly didn't make gainz. Get EMEND as your anti-nausea pre-med if you can. Shit works amazingly well. The chemo turned my appetite to shit, but at least I wasn't vomiting all fucking day. Good luck, bro
>>
>>34553112
Oh fuck lol. The scar from my portacath looks exactly like that.

That reminds me. Get a fucking portacath if they'll give you one. PICC lines are really prone to infection and you're not supposed to lift more than 10lbs with the arm the PICC is in or the fucking catheter can shift out of position in your heart. Getting the chemo through a forearm IV is also pretty sketchy because if it isn't placed properly, the chemo drugs can leak into the tissue of your arm and cause necrosis. In short. Get a fucking port if you're gonna do regular chemo for a while.
>>
>>34553127
My first round of radiation I only lost ~30 pounds (only) and that was really shitty. I hope you are doing a lot better anon, and hope you kicked it's ass completely.
>>
>>34553172
Thanks for the heads up, anon. I'm not as scared this time going through it, because I get a shit ton of support from friends, family and all that. But my surgery was known as a bilateral neck dissection, and my largest tumor was the size of a tangerine (my others were between 7cm and 4cm)
>>
What have you most enjoyed about having cancer OP?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.