[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok /fit/ some idiot said in the thread of that shitty ottermode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: descarga.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
descarga.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
ok /fit/ some idiot said in the thread of that shitty ottermode program that to burn stubborn fat or really get rid off visceral and subcutaneous fat even if you're on a 800 calorie deficit you need cardio and maybe even hiit.
is he retard or he has a point?
>>
>>34551692

You can do it without cardio, but fuck is it hard. Doesn't hurt to do hiit
>>
Unless you're generically gifted then yes cardio maybe required to further burn away your fat.
>>
>>34551781
Meant to say genetically*
>>
>>34551750
>>34551781

can you guys explain ? eating at a deficite shouldnt be too hard so why would you need cardio ? not saying cardio is bad but just curious.
>>
>>34551781
>>34551794
>generically gifted

Don't worry, anon. It made me laugh.
>>
>>34551692

Is it possible to look like this natty?
>>
>>34551799
This is getting more into nutrition, /fit/ is generally terrible with nutrition, the lifting knowledge is only moderately better sadly
>>
>>34551781
even if you're on a high calorie deficit?
>>
>>34551799
Look nothing is wrong with eating at a defect, if that's what you want then do it, or just simply burn away those cals with cardio. Either eat less food or do more calorie burning activities.
>>
>>34551692

Related question:

Which is better?

>A 500 kcal deficit per day induced by eating less than maintenance

>A 500 kcal deficit per day induced by cardio but eating the same amount as maintenance (not including cardio)

Does one burn more fat / muscle than the other or are they the same?
>>
>>34551872
technically the deficite induced by cardio would be better because you can eat more stuff meaning you get more macros/micros into your diet. But the difference will be minor if at all noticable. Only thing that might help with keeping a bit more muscle on a cut is HIIT cardio but then again only if you still have enough recovery to lift heavy the day after.
>>
right now I am with a 350 kcal eating deficit and some cardio 3 times a week, reached 1/2/3/4 so really don't care if my lifts go down by losing some muscle, I just want to lose fat asap, will I make it??
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 1366x768
>>34551799
Lifting alone doesn't burn many calories or engage the oxidative energy system (causes Beta Oxidation which is required for fat burning). You could stay on your deficit, but it will take a lot longer b/c your body will go into retention mode and try to maintain what energy stores it can.

Just hit the cardio, preferably low intensity and long duration (1-2 hours). If you continue to lift your gains will maintain and even continue to grow, just not as much as they would if you were strictly lifting.
>>
>>34553406
TYBMG :)
>>
If I'm currently eating around 2500 calories a day, will dropping down to 1500 calories be sufficient for losing weight?
>>
>>34553604
>If I'm currently eating around 2500 calories a day, will dropping down to 1500 calories be sufficient for losing weight?

Maybe.

Why don't you read the sticky so the next time you post this question you'll understand why you didn't include enough information and what you need to put in there to make this a question that can be answered.
>>
>>34553683

What the fuck is a sticky
>>
>>34553692
>What the fuck is a sticky

Did you miss the dancing dinosaur?
>>
>>34553713

I don't know.

I just got linked in a thread on /v/ and I came to the catalog and I saw this OP and I decided to ask about my weight loss and I just posted.
>>
>>34553721
The sticky is the first post on page 1, and the first post in the catalog.

90% of questions asked by people new to this shit can be answered by reading it.
>>
>>34553406
This guy knows exactly what hes talking about. Dont listen to the retards that say do HIIT, they literally have no idea what theyre talking about. HIIT isnt for burning calories or weight loss, its for general health. You lose weight by doing long duration workouts at lower intensities because once you reach moderate intensity you kick into anaerobic mode which is going to burn mainly carbohydrates compared to your aerobic at low intensity which is going to mainly utilize lipids for ATP.

Just realize that eating at a deficit and working out are huge steps, but they are not the only steps needed if you want to keep it off. Just change something small and keep that small change going eventually that will become a habit. Those little habits are what are going to add up to your real weight loss.
>>
>>34553738

It's too fucking long.

Just give me my fucking answer and stop being such a fucking prick. I don't have to fucking take this fucking shit.
>>
>>34553747
>It's too fucking long.
Confirmed for never making it.

>Just give me my fucking answer and stop being such a fucking prick.
Your question, as asked, is impossible to answer.

You've been eating 2500?
Great.
Now you want to eat 1500?
Great.
Will you lose weight?
Impossible to say without knowing your current weight.

Probably, but your total daily energy expenditure is determined first and foremost by your current weight.

So, I dunno, anon.
>>
>>34553747
Dis nigga illiterate
>>
>>34553777

I weight 185 pounds.

Now give me my damn answer.
>>
>>34553800
>I weight 185 pounds.

Yeah, you'll lose a pound and a half a week, but you'll never be able to keep it at 1500, so don't worry about it.
>>
File: 1441740398756.jpg (208 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1441740398756.jpg
208 KB, 1365x2048
>>34553800
Pounds sterling?
>>
>>34553800
short answer, yes

how tall are you, and are you a guy or a girl?
do you do any kind of activity at all, or do you just sit around and play video games?
>>
>>34553839

I have more willpower than you, faggot.

>>34553842

I don't get it.

>>34553843

I'm 5'10 and I'm a dude.

I'd say I'm pretty active. I go to college and walk pretty frequently. Also, video games can often require rather intense physical activity, so fuck you and your stereotypes.
>>
>>34553743
is stationary bike a good choice for a long duration cardio?
>>
>>34553843
He's obviously a male manlet who does nothing but play video games and jerk off.
>>
>>34553872
>I have more willpower than you, faggot.

You definitely do not.

>Also, video games can often require rather intense physical activity, so fuck you and your stereotypes.

This has got to be a troll. Excellent work for actually getting me to calculate your TDEE.
9/10
>>
>>34553886

>You definitely do not.

The proof is in the pudding.

>This has got to be a troll.

Are you fucking joking me? Video games can be fucking strenuous as fuck, especially when it involves joysticks or non-controller based input handlers (like the Wii), you fucking moron. Video games are fucking intense sometimes, and they even have a fitness fucking game for the Wii that's exceptionally popular and successful, faggot.
>>
>>34553908
>The proof is in the pudding.

I cut 60 pounds without having a single sperg-attack on /fit/.

I've put half of that back on as muscle.

>Video games can be fucking strenuous as fuck, especially when it involves joysticks or non-controller based input handlers

Shut the ever loving fuck up. I've run three half marathons this year. Stick your controller up your ass.
>>
>>34553908
Not that anon but im laughing reaply fucking hard regardless of if you are trolling or not.

Go do an hour of Judo and then play video games for an hour and tell me video games are intense exercise LOL
>>
>>34553886
>I'd say I'm pretty active. I go to college and walk pretty frequently
so you go places and you walk
this is the bare minimum of human existence
this is what is meant by "sedentary"

> video games can often require rather intense physical activity
i know right
if you don't tap that shit quick enough snake will get electrocuted
quite a workout

>so fuck you and your stereotypes
you're welcome

your TDEE is somewhere around 2100
>>
>>34553939
>>34553948

This is fucking ridiculous. You guys are fucking fitness elitists.

I thought you fucking wanted EVERYBODY to be fit and healthy, motherfuckers? Then why are you so fucking belligerent and hostile towards anyone who fucking wants advice and help on losing the weight and becoming a fucking healthy fucking person, you fat fucking fucks?

Fuck this bullshit, I'm fucking out of here. Good fucking riddance, you shallow douches.
>>
>>34553962
in reply to (>>34553872)
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.