[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Too afraid to go to the gym...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1419682782512.jpg (11 KB, 400x383) Image search: [Google]
1419682782512.jpg
11 KB, 400x383
Hello. I'm a skelly (only 65kg). I've been lifting weights at home but it looks like I'm making decent strength gains so I'm going to need to use more weight.

So I should hit the gym soon but the problem is I'm embarrassed by myself. My body. I've always felt like this. I'm too skinny. 12 year old grills and boys have bigger wrists then me.

I don't have any friends so I'd have to go by myself. But I'm just scared. Like, I know 99% probably won't care about me in the gym but sometimes I see gifs/read stories about people getting ridiculed in the gym... It all just makes me scared
>>
>>34550612
Just go, no one will care if you're skinny mate. Just go lift weights that you can and say hi to someone.
>>
>>34550629
This, we're all gonna make it
>>
>>34550612
shut the fuck up and just go. I'm weak as fuck. Yesterday there was a guy next to me bench pressing more than my max deadlift. The reason you go to the gym is to improve yourself.

Plus most people are too busy doing their own shit to notice you or care unless you're blatantly doing something retarded to draw attention.
>>
/fit/ is not your fucking diary. Just fucking go. You're making excuses for something that is so small and inconsequential.
>>
Nobody cares about you, everyone's busy with their own thing. Yesterday I told a fucking giant that I was using the squat rack when he came up, and he just said aight let me know when you're done.

Nobody cares man, just go, lift and do what you're supposed to.
>>
Just go. You will then realize how silly your fear was. Stop comparing yourself to others
>>
>>34550718
No need to not compare yourself to others, look at others at the gym and go "i can work towards that!" It's not a race, you're young and have a lot of time to get buff.
>>
>>34550612
It's actually admireable to see someone with a weaker body trying to get in form. The only reason People from /fit/ would try to ridicule you would be when you do some made up shit workout or do stuff with horrible form.
Inform yourself right, do your stuff and you have no reason to be embarassed.

Sure, ocassionally there will be cunts actually making fun of your body or even girls, we had that kind often. You know what? Fuck em, you gain nothing from their thoughts
>>
Do you have any idea how many of us have felt this same fear? You're on fucking 4chan, bro. The first day I went to the gym I felt so anxious I could barely do anything, but you keep going and it goes away. Hell by my second fucking day I felt fine, I realized nobody was looking and we were all there for the same reason. It's like asking out a girl, the only way to get over fear is do face it head on - you're not going to get over jack shit sitting at home.
>>
>>34550612
Dude I used to feel exactly like you. I put off working for 3 fucking years because I was too embarrassed to go to the gym. I could have been fucking ripped by my senior year of highschool and fucking lots of women, but I didn't because I was a faggot and was too much of a pussy to workout. I just started working out around 5 months ago and have put on twenty pounds and for once I don't look like such a hungry skeleton. Just workout hard. People will respect you if they see you working hard as fuck every time you're at the gym.
>>
>>34550612
don't do anything ridiculously stupid and you'll be fine. everybody was where you are at some point in time. the first year I lifted, I only went between 1 and 3 am because I didn't want to embarrass myself. now I still avoid people because I'm socially retarded, but I don't care at all if the creepy old indian dudes feel the need to stare at me when I lift.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.