[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into good posture, /fit/? Internet is suprisingly unhelpful.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bad.png (31 KB, 111x346) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
31 KB, 111x346
How do I into good posture, /fit/?

Internet is suprisingly unhelpful.

I have posture like pic related, I spend around 12 hours a day sitting at a computer.
>>
>>34536979
ahh fuck man i would write out the whole thing. I wish I would just screen cap it but ive gotta go train.
basically lengthen your hamstrings and hip flexors you need to fix the pelvic tilt first, then work your rear delts and scapular retraction. Finally strengthen your erecters and post chain.
people in this thread will tell you to do like one or two of these things but the problem is that structural issues are caused by a cascade of problems and you have to fix all of them
>>
>>34537010
>our hamstrings and hip flexors you need to fix the pelvic tilt first

this, always overlooked when it comes to posture fixing
>>
>>34537010
Thanks a lot. Feel free to write the whole thing after the workout, if you have the time.
>>
>>34537035
yeah man, ill be back in a couple hours if this thread is still up ill write it up.
if not message me on my like throw away youtube lmara15fitness and ill write you up a thing.
good news is its actually a pretty easy fix if you do it properly, but takes forever if you just spin your wheels
>>
>>34536979
sit up straight
stand up straight
over time you'll just have better posture.
simple
>>
Read these:
https://www.t-nation.com/training/heal-that-hunchback
https://www.t-nation.com/training/trouble-with-the-tilt-correcting-apt
>>
>>34536979
I'm back. you still lurkin OP?
>>
>>34539145
no but me man, do it pls
>>
>>34536979
do back bridges
>>
>>34539145
pls
>>
>>34539145
OP here, please write it up.
>>
>>34539188
Yeah so basically problems like this cascade.
You can't fix it without fixing the underlying issues.
It is likely that your posture is caused by flexibility issues first in your ankles, and then in your hamstrings.
So to go about lengthening your hamstrings, ideally start with your feet pretty wide and try and touch the ground without breaking at the hips. now very important, the goal is to lengthen your hamstrings, not to loosen up in the short term. So just stretch till you feel tension, stretching shouldnt hurt. Just go till you feel tightness and hang at that position for 2-5 minutes.
Do that a couple times every day. Youll be able to start working your feet in.
Once you have corrected that issue you can start actually addressing the musculature in that area.
Do face pulls and banded pull aparts, google it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiYSahiNXzA you are also gonna wanna do this
and this for the hips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EiUquYdyPU.
Lastly you wanna strengthen the posterior chain and thoracic cavity but only after youve done some mobility basics.
Start deadlifting and doing front squats.
>>
>>34539237
but the biggest thing is just to lengthen the hamstrings, really any traditional hamstring stretch will work but the key is just to go till you feel the tension and hold that position for much longer than you normally would.
You can also stretch your ankles by stacking a couple plates on each other and just putting your toes on it and pressing down with your heel, again, not hard, you dont want pain. Just tightness and hold it.
>>
>>34539278
>>34539301
because if you think about what causes this is really the tight hamstrings, hips and ankles are pulling basically the back of your pelvis down, in order to make up that slack your thoracic cavity collapses and you round your shoulders.
Just trying to hit your shoulders will help, but it wont fix the underlying issue which is the flexibility and weak thoracic cavity.
>>
>>34536979
also just to correct myself, it's paired with posterior pelvic tilt, not anterior.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibH_B0ZGvrU&list=PLb-4Y0uOHcQdpJo1fMf4fO_xusGZBUsNu&index=3

This is the other thing. The banded pull aparts are great, and just learning how to breath horizontally and pressurize your thoracic spine will really help you.
I know im throwing a lot at you but just take bits and pieces, as long as you focus on the hamstrings ankles and delt work.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.