[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday I read that you should "take a week off"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 230971973498648793.png (2 MB, 710x1069) Image search: [Google]
230971973498648793.png
2 MB, 710x1069
Yesterday I read that you should "take a week off" every few months or so when lifting, and when you return you'll be stronger / more aesthetic / get easier PRs at the gym. Is this true? I normally just take the weekend off from lifting (I'm not on any gear). What do you guys think? Bro science or fact?
>>
yeah bro its total magic you know

one time i took 2 months off and i came back zyzz
>>
>>34536034
that only works if you're overtraining and can't make any progress
>>
>>34536068
pls no troll.
>>
>>34536108
I'm doing a 4 day weight split, boulder 2x a week, and bike to work (about 70 miles a week total). should I do a 3 day split instead
>>
File: 23jh9bt.jpg (171 KB, 565x639) Image search: [Google]
23jh9bt.jpg
171 KB, 565x639
>>34536034

If you're lifting all throughout the week for months at a time then it's important to take a week off.

Hardcore gym goers often fatigue their bodies thinking pushing it to it's bare limits is somehow good for them. Give your body some rest, let your muscles rejuvenate and makes sure during that week off that you eat and sleep properly.
>>
yeah its a proven fact that if you take a week off you come back stronger, leaner and your skin turns black...im having a week off as i have ebola, the doctors here are shit, they say its just a cold but its ebola, anyhoo, im having a week off and starting a new system this Sat, can wait to get back into it
>>
>>34536198
not funny
>>
>>34536119
Overtraining isn't a program thing (alone), it's more progression thing. You'll know when you're overtrained... constant ache that's not DOMS in muscle ends and joints, poor sleep, sometime to point of flu-like symptoms. You start stalling or regressing on lifts.

You'll know you were overtrained if you take a week off and your lifts are higher (or easier) than when you stopped.

You can either take a week off (no lifting) or back off to low weights and low rep/set (50% 1x5, for a week, for example.)
>>
>>34536034
I took about 4 days off, came back and beat my old bench PR, with a higher bench, in the power rack. Less power through to the ground, but I got 330 fairly well. 335 got stuck, I think right where my my upper arms were parallel to the ground.
>>
Yes, this is generally true. The week off will allow you to fully recover and then you get slightly easier PRs.
>>
>>34536157
this. i had been lifting 5 times a week for the last three months, made some nice gains, about one cm more biceps and much bigger forearms. then i had a really bad session last thursday and decided to take a couple days off for recovery (c). just a few days later, i came into the kitchen and my flatmate asked me if my arms had grown. i measured them to have grown another(!) cm in just a few days! today was the first day back at the gym, where i stepped on the scale to see a bodyweight increasement of 2kg(!) compared to the last time i was at the gym, not even one week ago! all because i took some days off for recovery (c). without those days off for recovery (c) i wouldn't be as big as i am today. thank you, days off for recovery (c)!

ORDER NOW!
>>
>>34536034
I can vouch for this.

Every 2 or 3 months, take a week off, and get back in the gym.

Here's my experience with it:
>Shattered PRs
>Saw great increase in gains
>>
>>34536034
>>34536034
I took a week off, partied hart, ate basically nothing.
Lost some gains, lost good amount of fat.
Started again and rekked like a sick kunt
felt good
Prior to that 8months, 100% on point routine and diet
>>
stop samefagging OP no one gets buff by not working out
>>
it's true but having a light week is always better than taking a week completely off. do like 50% of your usual weight or so.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.