[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be 5'11", 140lbs >used to eat around 1800kcal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1359341750182.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1359341750182.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
>be 5'11", 140lbs
>used to eat around 1800kcal to maintain weight
>2 weeks ago started drinking shakes to up my calorie intake to 3000 every day
>still the skinny fuck i was with no sign of improvement

How fucking long does it take?
>>
>2 weeks
>waa why aren't I big yet

Also you're probably shitting out most of your shake calories

Also you're probably not actually eating 3k

If you're the sort of person who is 140lbs based on your normal eating habits, studies have shown you're likely a chronic over-estimator of calories. Aim for 4k and you might actually hit 3
>>
>>34535044
BEen using my fitness pal fam
>>
You serious bro? 2 whole weeks and still not shredded? Should probably kill yourself IMO, never gonna make it.
>>
>>34535056
Oh cool fam, and you've been weighing everything on food scales before it goes in your mouth fam?

There are multiple studies showing that skinny people tend to over-estimate and fat people tend to under-estimate calories, even when using calorie apps

But no keep doing what you're doing fam
>>
I used to be your height/weight.

Realistically, your tde will be 2200-2300 of you're exercising.
Give it a month and count calories every day.

Make most of them protons and fats.
>>
>>34535067
I mostly eat processed shit which has the calories right there on the box

Not much room for error
>>
>>34535115

pro tip: there is much room for error lmao. if you're talking about shit like pizza, all the boxes are going to have the same calories written, but the ingredients will vary a bit in each box. the amount of cheese will be different, the fat-grains of the sausage, and it will add up to a different of 50-100 calories which is a fucking big difference you noob lol.
>>
File: Screenshot - 141015 - 15:27:41.png (267 KB, 1475x891) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot - 141015 - 15:27:41.png
267 KB, 1475x891
>>34535146
> all the boxes are going to have the same calories written
or not
>>
>>34535170

I mean the same kind of pizzas. if you take both boxes of the same pizza, the calories will be different because the amounts of the ingredients will be slightly different. they just don't time to measure the weight of every ingredient of every pizza.

if you take 10 boxes of the pizza on the left, they will all have different calorie amounts. fucking english is bad but you know what I mean fuck it's not like the amount of cheese on every pizza is the same.
>>
>>34535199
It's not like that little error would have that much of an effect on his overall surplus.OP have you been weighing yourself the past to weeks?Did weight go down up?Did your lifts go down or up?
>>
2 weeks isn't a lot of time. My weight goes from 176-181 depending upon when I last ate.
>>
>>34535067
>always have a hard time cutting
>assume I'm underestimating my calories, shoot for really low daily goals to compensate
>finally buy a food scale and weigh everything I eat
>turns out I wasn't underestimating my calories at all, in a lot of cases it was the opposite
What the fuck is wrong with my metabolism, jesus
>>
Couple years ago was 120 lbs. made a conscious effort to count cals and shit. started eating 2800-3000 cals a day working out 4-5 times a week. Gained 20 lbs in 4 months. takes time stupid. just like losing weight this shit takes time.
>>
>>34535002
>5'11"
>140 lbs
>3000 kcals
Ayyy you'll get super fat
>>
>>34535002
op youre retarded
>>34535044
this anon tries to help you but you keep denying him
>>
>>34535146
There's a 30% margin of error in the US or some shit
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.