[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true that the first steroids, were crushed up ram and bull
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
Is it true that the first steroids, were crushed up ram and bull testicles and orally taken for 19th century "fathers of bodybuilding"?
>>
>>34533281

More or less true.

They didn't work though, which was a big disadvantage.
>>
>>34533281
The first recorded use of some doctor making an extract of bull's testicles, actually for science, somewhere in the 19th century. He was widely ridiculed, and synthetic test was only produced in 1935 if I'm correct.
>>
>>34533297
>>34533305
Actually, they kinda did work. That's why test became popular in the first place. Of course, modern test works better.
>>
>>34533322
Proof needed
>>
>>34533305
>>34533322
Looked it up
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testosterone#History
It was dog and guinea pig testicles the doc used instead of those of bulls, but memory served me correctly other than that. Doc reported "that his vigor and feeling of well-being were markedly restored but the effects were transient."
>>
>>34533326
More importantly is it natty?
>>
>>34533341

Because it was a motherfucking placebo effect, not an actual chemical difference. Un-alkylated testosterone doesn't survive digestion except in very minute percentages.
>>
>>34533356
He opted to inject it instead of oral ingestion.
>>
>>34533342
If you can hunt it is it paleo?
>>
>>34533451
If they fall off is it fruitarian?
>>
>>34533281
Is that why they call it test?
>>
>>34533385
We learned about this in neuroendocrinology class, and while he was right about some things such as test providing benefits, his was most likely placebo
>>
>>34533341

>random dude reports he feels better

Oh yeah dat some good science bro, this is also proof that preworkouts are neccesary.
>>
>>34533483
Hope you're just bating man
>>
>>34533281
Even if they tried, it didn't do anything. Testosterone was not successfully synthesized until the late 30s.
>>
Look up how much testosterone is in a bull's testicle. It's not that much. And then factor in the inefficiency of ingesting it orally.

When you hear about the greats of the early bodybuilding era, or of the Ancients, for that matter, eating animal testicles and gaining vigor from it, realize it's just a myth.
>>
>>34533479
kek out loud
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.