[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1443778786858.jpg (46 KB, 526x568) Image search: [Google]
1443778786858.jpg
46 KB, 526x568
hey /fit/, I need something like Couch 2 5K but more suited to my needs. I need to be able to run a 2K in 8 minutes by august next year.

how would I approach this?
>>
run 2 k 3 times a day. I've been running for a couple of months now and I could do that. It's really not that big a goal.
>>
>>34530938

3 times a week holy shit lol
>>
>>34530938
I would start with the couch to 5k or couch to 10k program

After achieving the ability to run the long distance, I would then focus on finding a program to increase you speed
>>
>read OP's post wrong
>thought he put "5k in 8 minutes"
>>
>>34530967
>Runescape mode
>>
>>34530938

So like 1 and a quarter mile? In 8 minutes? If you can't do that with, at most, 8 weeks of thrice weekly training you should just give up on life now.
>>
File: sanic.png (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sanic.png
1 MB, 640x480
>>34531968
gotta go fast to leave humanity behind m8

>>34531932
>I would then focus on finding a program to increase you speed
know any that I could look into?

>>34532007
seriously? you could easily go from couch potato to running a 2k with an average speed of 9mph?
>>
>>34532043
>if you're not a tubby
I am, but I plan on losing it until then.
>>
>>34532039
> seriously? you could easily go from couch potato to running a 2k with an average speed of 9mphIn two months?

Yes im serious. Unless you're wildly out of shape or missing a leg this shouldn't be hard. For anyone.
1.25 miles at a six minute mile pace is beginner level stuff.

Now maintaining that 6 minute mile for mile after mile is another story entirely.
>>
>>34532113
alright thanks, so that means that moderate training and losing all this weight until then will make this an easy task. good to hear.
>>
>>34532138

Good attitude. Just work hard and stay focused and you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>34532113
tfw 8.30 is fastest mile.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.