[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My right knee sounds like a bag of rocks grinding together when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: knee.jpg (35 KB, 493x335) Image search: [Google]
knee.jpg
35 KB, 493x335
My right knee sounds like a bag of rocks grinding together when I squat. Even with just bodyweight. It doesn't hurt, but I'm concerned that there might be a sudden injury waiting to happen and/or long-term damage occurring. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm trying to do some research before going to an orthopedist as I suspect they would advise me to just not lift.
>>
>>34523116
You should get it checked before squatting heavy. Has it always been like this?
>>
>>34523144
Nah, it got like this slowly over time.
>>
I get this too, except my right knee's always clicked even before lifting. Got an xray of it and they said they couldn't see anything, asked if I wanted MRI but declined because I'm a poorfag. Still don't know what's wrong with it, but it's done it since like middle school. No major injuries or sports back then, so I have no idea what caused it
>>
>>34523116
I'd get it checked out OP. You could've fucked up your meniscus.
>>
>>34523116
could be chondropathia pattelae
>>
>>34523116
I've had this for about one and half years now.
Some days it hurts a lot, other days it doesn't.
Any form of using it heavily will result in it being painful for days.
I feel like the pain and sound got worse over time.

Got an X-Ray, nothing to see.
Got an MRI, just a minor negligible amount of fluid and a minor negligible stressed cartilage seen.

Been to 5+ different therapists, had around 30 appointments of therapy.

Still hurts, often and a lot.

Been on /fit/ for months now, building knowledge, motivated to start training, but my knee scares me too much to start.

I hate it, it negatively effects my life badly.
>>
I have a similar thing (non-painful grinding/ bag of rocks) in my left shoulder. I went and got x-rays and MRIs done (straya so it was free) and apparently it's called bursitis.

basically the fluid sack that lubricates the joint has become swollen and stiff so the bones grind a little.

As a result I don't do heavy BB OHP anymore and instead do it with dumbells because it doesn't grind.

My advice: stop squatting and do leg press/ lunges/ sumos/ deads/ good mornings/ whatever doesn't grind. Cracking is fine but grinding is probably bad as fuck for you.
>>
its called crepitus. if it doesn't hurt don't worry bout it dag
>>
>>34523116
>orthopedist
No, look for a rheumatologist. The problem is your joints, not your bones. Do you have any inflammatory sigs like pain, heat, redness or swelling?
>>
>>34523915
Not op but, no pain, crepitus walking up stairs, and heat when running around 20k
>>
File: thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg (197 KB, 1920x1100) Image search: [Google]
thor-heimdall-970x0.jpg
197 KB, 1920x1100
>>34523383

Probably because people over do it.

People think they have to squad or deadlift the entire fucking planet in order to be relevant. The sheer amount of dick sizing on /fit/ is just sad, if you can't deadlift 5,000 pounds people will talk shit to you.

So in the meantime people will continue to fuck themselves up because they're pushing their joints well past their limits thinking they'll be better humans because they lifted metal objects.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.