[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routine inspection thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1329532447192.jpg (90 KB, 832x1125) Image search: [Google]
1329532447192.jpg
90 KB, 832x1125
/fit/ I have a question. I'm not following any specific routine and just doing the same thing every workout 3 times a week. My question is how sub-optimal is my "routine" instead of just doing one of the more popular ones like SS or SL.
Currently doing:
Bench press 3x8
Squats 3x8
Press 3x8
Deadlift 3x8
Pendlay rows 3x12
Dips 3x12-15
Assisted Pull-ups 5x12-15
(In exactly this order every time)

AxAxAxx

So what do I need to adjust? Because it feels like something isn't right. At the same time, SS has too few exercises which is the reason I added accessories.
I'm new to lifting, 3 months in and have made decent gains, but maybe the gains could be better if I adjusted my workout a bit.
>>
File: droidgoog.jpg (15 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
droidgoog.jpg
15 KB, 200x193
>>34514924
>>
Someone help pls. What's going on /fit/ not a single proper reply?
>>
Nothing wrong with this routine but you need to change it up some. no doubt someone will say three times a week is BS, but unless you are a body builder looking for massive ammounts of useless muscle you don't need bodypart isolation splits that take 2 hours six days a week. Try doing your routine on Day 1, then on Day two Swap out some of the movements. Bench press for an incline DB press, Squats for a sled press, not sure what style Press you are doing, but swap out for an alternate and add an upright row. DB snatch for the Deadlift. Pendlay rows for australian pushups. Then do a different set of movement on day three. Repeat for a month and then switch it up again.
>>
>>34514924

So you changed a proven program because you felt it didn't have enough variety?

Do SS, faggot. Add chin ups/curls and dips after a few months.

Acquire all novice gains, then alter your programming to suit your needs. You're a weak faggot with no reason to run any other program.
>>
>>34514924
is it the same dude posting this picture or is it a meme? there's literally nothing special about it
>>
>>34514924
You're only giving your muscles a day to rest aftering taxing every possible muscle in your body. Are you on roids or just plain retarded? Unless the load is light, medium, then heavy on the final day I'm guessing you rewally don't know what you're doing
>>
File: 1444559635866.jpg (254 KB, 1335x1214) Image search: [Google]
1444559635866.jpg
254 KB, 1335x1214
>>34514924
try this one OP. It's simple and well rounded. You need to split muscle groups up onto different days
>>
File: IMG_4469.jpg (47 KB, 320x427) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4469.jpg
47 KB, 320x427
I'm new to all of this, I've never done any sort of serious physical activity and I became skinnyfat in the last few years, and I'm trying to change that
I'm 20, small frame - I don't want to build any muscle for now, I just want to be slim again (lose the bit of belly and titties), I guess I'd have to lose 3-4 kilos?
This is the routine the guys at the gym gave me, can you tell me if it's any good?

>15 minute cardio (I usually run, not for the entire duration but I'm working on it)

Z15 chest press
>15 shoulder press
>15 leg curl
>15 leg extension
>15 cruches
>(These five are in a circuit that I repeat 3 times, for a total of 45 each)

>15 minute cardio again

I've been doing it for two months, but I'm not noticing any changes...
>>
File: chinese qt lifting.webm (265 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
chinese qt lifting.webm
265 KB, 486x500
>>34514924
http://70sbig.com/blog/2012/07/transitioning-to-olympic-weightlifting/
>>
>>34514924
>3 months lifting
>SS has too few exercises

enlighten me with your great insight into physiology and exercise science
>>
>>34516294
That routine is only good if you are using steroids.
>>
>>34516551
why is that?
>>
>>34516464
That routine is shit.
>SS + GOMAD
>>
>>34514924
Had you read SS, you would have seen the 70 fucking pages of assistance exercises Rip included in the fucking book, you faggot.

We gave you advice, you disregarded it, and now you're a faggot. See what you did?
>>
File: 0120 - FL52XPe.jpg (18 KB, 259x253) Image search: [Google]
0120 - FL52XPe.jpg
18 KB, 259x253
A:
Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell press
Chest Flies
Dips
Tricep cable push downs
B:
Deadlift
Seated cable rows
lat pulldown
Dumbbell shrugs
barbell curls
hammer curls
C:
Squat
calf raises
leg extensions
OHP
lateral raises

ABCxABCx
>>
>>34516294
HOLY SHIT THIS IS VERY SIMILAR TO MINE >>34518543
>>
>>34518569
Also i wouldn't recommend doing bent over rows and seated rows pick one
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.