[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the verdict on dark chocolate? Will it increase gain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 4-1.png (436 KB, 978x617) Image search: [Google]
4-1.png
436 KB, 978x617
What is the verdict on dark chocolate? Will it increase gains?

http://examine.com/blog/does-dark-chocolates-epicatechin-content-promote-muscle-growth/
>>
>eating chocolate
>expecting to make gains

Behold: Amerifats
>>
>>34501133

Fat is a kind of gain.
>>
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/dark-chocolate-and-artery-function/

Good pre-workout. Drink a green smoothie with a little cocoa powder a few minutes before you start exercising.
>>
>>34501064
Haven't had a chance to try this yet but

Chocolate is definitely one of those things that irritates your mitochondria in a good way and gets them to make antioxidants and crap. May extend life to some degree.

Ecuadorian chocolate has the highest epicatechin content out of any dark chocolates.

For any myostatin inhibitors/follistatin promoters it's preferable to be on a bulk. Muscle wastage from a cut in this state is not muscle promoting.

P much anything that promotes NO (so stuff you might take for a pump) the dreaded creatine in highish doses, liss cardio all do similar things for myostatin and Follistatin and might be worth doing at the same time. All of them take some time to start working tho but nothing more than a few weeks.
>>
keep in mind that cocoa is the only ingredient of chocolate that has any benefits
eating chocolate because it's 'good for you' is like eating pizza to get potassium from tomato sauce. kek
>>
>>34501382
Do you even know what dark chocolate is brah?
>>
>>34501382
this tbh.
you can just buy high quality cocoa to use in smoothies or shit.
>>
>>34501382
Or you could not be a faggot and live a little
>>
>>34501064
Let me guess American scientists did this "research"?
>>
File: 1442960875803.jpg (376 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1442960875803.jpg
376 KB, 1152x864
>>34501064
Make your own bro, its easy as fuck, use it as my only fat source atm and my test levels are up (fully srs, have checked, most likely due to arginin/magnesium)

COCOA:
>Insane amounts of Magnesium
>High Arginin levels
>Good source of Iron
>Tons of antioxidants that may be related to increased performance (and overall good health)
>And ofc epicatechin which may or may not lower Myostatin levels

It truly is the bean of the gods!

To make your own you need:
>Cocoa (duh)
>Cocoa fat / Coconut fat (or any flavorless fat that is soft and stable at room temp)
>Raw sugar / Honey (tastes better normal sugar is fine but taster more bland)
>Pure vanilla extract/powder (optional)
>>
>>34501655
He's honestly better off buying decent chocolate than passing about.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20843086
Afaik all beans are fermented regardless but cocoa powder is all roasted and most is dutch process.
>>
FFS just put some cocoa powder in your protein shake.
>>
>>34501643
Qt S Americans
>>
>>34501064
>Fatfuck trying to find an easy way out to consume shitty food
>>
>>34501064
I don't think the increase in gains is worth adding some dark chocolate regiment yo your diet or any shit like that. But it is enough that chocolate milk is better for muscle recovery than white milk
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.