[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biking Question.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: CAWAJxtUwAA9KSD.jpg (37 KB, 600x489) Image search: [Google]
CAWAJxtUwAA9KSD.jpg
37 KB, 600x489
People addicted to the good old 2 wheels vehicle, 30km per day in an speed of 32km/h, 6 times a week is sufficient to some newbie? should I push a little harder and do more gradually or just maintain it until my body gets more comfortable and double the time/distance?
>>
>>34493141
i'm gonna start doing 10km per day, first time in years doing cardio. i'm just biking back and forth from work though, no rush. Can you say approx cals burned? Will i have problems? its all relatively flat and i don't know what to expect.
>>
I plan on modding my bike by taking off the seat and installing a vibrating rubber phallus for speed!

But seriously though, any biking will burn a buttload if calories, like running. I ride 10 miles a day to work and back, cuz I hate the bus with a passion.
>>
Just ride. Sometimes you go too far and think fuck my ass hurts or fuck I wish I had something to eat or drink.

Yesterday I biked 135 km, just for the fun. I love riding trough the countrysite. Part forrest part grasslands. Netherlands, no Mountains but a lot of wind.

I also use my roadbike for home-work travelling.
>>
>>34496051
I'm in the aus, hoping to get a good road bike for no more than $300-400

Any suggestions where to go? Complete beginner here wanting a bike for cardio and to get to and from work
>>
>>34496051
How much time did the 135-km trip take you? How often and what did you eat, to keep yourself going?

Also, what kind of a bike are you equipped with? Mine is a old hybrid, a bit heavy (steel frame), but it works for me. My longest trip has been about 115 km in one go.
>>
>>34496290
>In the Aus?

>Just pop downtown Perth and pick yourself up one at the local bike shop, then ride home to Brisbane m8.
>>
>>34496421
So all road bikes pretty much perform the same on a flat road? Any little things i gotta know when picking a new bike?
>>
>>34496290
I would advice you to buy a good second hand bike for 300. If possible ask someone to go with you who has some knowledge of biking.

But. Important. The size of the frame, if you are about. Measure your inner leg length balls to feet and look on the internet what size of frame you need.
Second thing that is important are the wheels. Those thing are expensive if you want New ones. If you are 100+ kilo's the wheels will woble and eventually you will fuck them up. So good wheel are important.
Third thing the montage. Look for something from Shimano New parts are easily to get. Aim for Ultegra. That's okay and last long. Cheaper thing could code you more one the long term.

Don't spenderen too much. Maybe you don't like it in the end. On the other hand spend enough to dont get rekt.
>>
>>34496324
About 5.5 hours.

It s a Racing bike full Ultegra. Aluminium frame . Marchisio wheels. Uhm yeah that pretty much sums it all up. Just a normal road bike.
>>
>>34496488
5'6 and 59kg
Thanks for the info about the frame. I used to have a mountain bike to get to and from work and when i was going up the steep hills it was a total bitch.
>>
How do you not have flat tires all the time?
It's the most annoying thing about biking.
>>
>>34495949
Sorry for don't answering before anon, I don't know exactly, but you burn approximately if I'm correct 500 calories or even more if you don't stop and maintain your heart pumping, I'm a 81kg/1m65cm fatass with pretty strong legs and I am doing it for two months by now, I'm pretty proud of meself, as for you, stick with light "weight" **I don't know how to say it in english, it's the thing you adjust to do the bike less harder to pedal changing the chains position between the metal wheels** or one which you can be comfortable with and try to maintain a speed of 28 to 32km/h, and you feel confident, change the weight to a little harder and stick with it until you can beat your distance goal, little stops or just standing in the pedals while the bike goes by sometimes is very welcome, it's simple, sorry about the long text.
>>
>>34496625
Shit, I'm too used to other kinds of chans, these dammed asterisks should burn in hell.
>>
>>34496590
I don't know to be honest, I just keep going until I reach my goal and it works fine for most of the time, sometimes I feel uncomfortable and I just keep going, if it feels like I should stop, I stop for one minute or less and walk around a little, go back to my bike and start again.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.