[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /fit/ opinion on Lyle McDonald's "The Rapi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11
File: rapid3d[1].jpg (43 KB, 240x275) Image search: [Google]
rapid3d[1].jpg
43 KB, 240x275
What is /fit/ opinion on Lyle McDonald's "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook, A Scientific Approach to Crash Dieting" diet for quick fat loss?

Summary:
-Its a protein sparing modified fast (PSMF) diet. This mean something like "ketogenic starvation diet".
-You calculate your LBM and BF%. With this data you are classified in one of 3 categories.
-Your caloric intake is given by LBM multiplied by the protein/pound established in your category (something between 0.8 for obese and sedentary people to 2 for lean and highly active people). This means a HUGE caloric deficit, between 800-1500 kcal.
-You can only eat lean protein non-starchy vegetables. Some carbs and fat are tolerated but only if the consumption don't mean a big portion of the total caloric intake.
-You have to take fish oil (or pills) for the omega-3.
-You also need to take some multivitamin.
-EC stack it's highly recommended.
-Depending on your category, you have some weekly free meals (0 to 2).
-Depending on your category you have some carbs refills.
-Depending on your category, the time you have to do the diet to hit your objective you, may very: lean people, 11-12 days; slightly overweight people, 2-6 weeks; overweight people 6-12 weeks.
-You can lose 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks, wich a high % will be water weight.

If you want to read the booklet here its the pdf version:
drive.google com/file/d/0B9tgnYPewhOyU1oyYzNMaVdGMnM/view?usp=sharing

For those who dont know, Lyle McDonald its the guy who runs www.bodyrecomposition com, wich is recomended in the sticky.

I am like 25%bf and I think that this can help me to drop some fat in a short time frame. I rather suffer 1 month and have some good results that suffer a little bit less for 6 months with another diet.

Thoughts?
>>
>>34425053

I haven't read the book, but I have personally done a low carb diet before and I got good results. PSMF diets are generally recommended on the board as the fastest way to cut. Make sure you drink enough water if you're doing a ketogenic diet.
>>
>>34425092
This. I love carb based foods, but when cutting, low carbs is what works best for me. Just plain chicken or beef with vegetables, can eat up to 400g of each per meal and it fills me up way more than its equivalent in rice, pasta or beans.

Also protein is always good.
>>
>>34425092
>>34425114
The amount of weight that you can lose its true? I mean in that time frame.

Also, how much LBM can you lose doing this kind of diet?
>>
>>34425162
Nah, that seems a bit extreme. Keep your expectations low and realise you're in it for the long run. If it does come that fast then you can be pleasantly surprised.

I'm cutting at 1000/1200 cal deficit and I lose about 3 pounds a week max, and starting yeah, might be at about 10 to 15 pounds for the first couple of weeks.

Just start doing it and see your own progress though. No more excuses, no more reading. Dive into it.
>>
>>34425194

This. The last thing you want is to give up because you're not meeting some unrealistic expectations.

If you cut right you can lose fat quite quickly, but don't push it at the expense of your health.
>>
I've done this but felt miserable. Lost 5 lbs after a week. But I do eat stop eat now which is way better. I fast for 24 hours twice a week and eat maintenance 5 days. Best cut ever.
>>
>>34425194
>>34425241

I dont want to dive into it. I want to plan it through. I am a poor fag and I want to buy the protein and the multivitamins that I will need. Oh and the EC stack. It that really necessary? Because it's illegal in my country, but I sill can get it in the black market.

Also, how bad are the first days? I read that are tough until you get used to the keto shit.

>>34425279
Really? that bad? What happended?
>>
>>34425302

You. I like you.
>>
>>34425313
T-thanks? I just don't want to improvise and fail.
>>
>>34425302

I've never done an EC stack. It's definitely not a necessity, but some people swear by it. Personally, I'd skip it, especially if you can't get your hands on ephedrine easily.

Also, if you enter ketosis, be prepared for the keto flu. You'll feel like shit for 4-8 days. Just weak and run down. Power through and it'll be smooth sailing.
>>
>>34425302
It was bad because I was only eating just under 800 calories a day. And I was an ec stack. I can't even imagine doing psmf without it
>>
>>34425425
And also unless you have a good eating habit right now then you'll probably gain the weight back quickly if you have shitty eating habit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB56I3-xan8

Izzy knows his stuff. He did SS + GOMAD by the book and got fucked. RFL helped him to get lean as fuck.
>>
>>34425412
Fuark, 4-8 days? I tough it was like 3 days max... Even with the refills?

>>34425425
Thats seems way too few calories.

Its there something to avoid or at least soften that "keto flu" shit?

>>34425519
I can maintain my weight. I weighed 110 kg and now I am in 83 with 20-25%bf after 2 years of effort. I learned a lot and gained some muscle (did some bulk).I just want to drop to 10-15%.

>>34425551
Thanks for the info.
>>
>>34425551
Ohh I have already seen that video. Good shit.
>>
>>34425053

I can tell you my personal experience with it.

It works really well. Used to to jump start on a healthier diet. Some issues I ran into were:

>increased muscle cramps
Most likely due to lack of sodium in my body since I forgot was using no-salt seasoning on my chicken and use of the potassium supplement advised in the book. Even driving my fucking car could trigger intense cramps in my legs and feet. Added some sea salt to my 1.5L jug of water and that fixed it up.

>increased body heat
I was taking the EC stack at the same time. I felt warm all the time and my energy was insane. Don't EC stack if you work somewhere or live somewhere really hot and you have no way to keep cool. You are going to be fucking miserable.

>can't miss a meal
I missed a meal because some faggot stole my lunch and my nearest food establishment to where I work is too far for my short lunch time. Didn't take my second EC stack and on the way home, I felt my body turn to fucking mush. My senses dulled, my vision became hazy, the whole world slowed down and I could barely walk. I literally thought I was dying for awhile until I ate some food and got like an hour of sleep.

I was on a 1.2K calorie diet, so missing a meal on top of the EC stack revving my internals completely fucked me like nothing else. I had to stop because my lunch getting stolen started becoming a frequent thing and I didn't want to put up with that shit again. Also, I figured I lost a fair amount of weight at the time so I figured it was about time anyways.

tl;dr
It works, but don't fuck up and be careful.
>>
PSMF is brutal, but it works if you follow it to the letter.

Most importantly, get some salt with potassium in it and use that on your food. When you get dizzy on PSMF, it means your electrolytes are fugged. Since you have basically no water retention, you're gonna need to stay on that shit or your cardiovascular system will leave humanity behind.
>>
>>34425766
Nice info man. How about the keto flu?

So common salt solve the cramp issue?

>>34425863
So I will need to drink gatorade or something like that?
>>
>>34425053
Sounds intense. I wish fats weren't so impatient. This will obviously work to lose weight, but it's easier and more effective to make a long term lifestyle change.
>>
>>34425910

I didn't have any problem with keto flu. I think the EC stack helped me sort of muscle through that, but I don't want you to think it'll have the same effect for you. Also my work was pretty fucking sedentary, so I don't think I felt as bad doing it since I was barely expending any energy outside of the EC stack revving me up.

Don't use common table salt (iodized shit). Use sea salt. You don't need a lot, just like have a table spoon for 1.5L was what I used. Then I threw in some mint leaves for flavor.

Imbalance between potassium and salt causes muscle cramping, if I remember correctly. Now that I eat a more "normal" but healthy, I don't have that problem anymore since I use seasonings liberally, which I should have when I was on PSMF.

I probably ended up experiencing what >>34425863
wrote.

Good luck dude.
>>
Why I am so scared of this shit?
>>
File: 10001290_1.jpg (91 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
10001290_1.jpg
91 KB, 800x800
>>34425910
>So I will need to drink gatorade or something like that?

Gatorade and Powerade are meme drinks.

Follow Lyle's supplement guidelines. Use a lite salt brand that's half potassium salt and half sodium salt (see pic) and regularly sprinkle it on your food. Take magnesium citrate tablets. Drink plenty of water.
>>
>>34426243

You shouldn't be if you aren't retarded.

If you decide to EC Stack though and fuck up, I suppose possible to die if you are THAT retarded.

Ease into it with smaller doses.

Some people are scared of Keto type stuff because they are scared of the "Keto Flu".
>>
>>34426402
Keto Flu can really suck sometimes. It can feel like someone is drilling into your skull. Other times, you feel nothing other than slight lethargy as you ease in.

As for EC stack, it's harmless unless you're either retarded or have a previous heart condition.
>>
>>34426349
Yeah... I don't live in usa...

I google some salt brand... I have somo "Light salt". 33% sodium chloride, 66% potassium chloride. Is this one what I need to use right?

Just to be clear, I just need to "salt my food"

>>34426402
I am scared of not being capable of keep my normal life. I am of forgetting my electrolytes I have a fucking heart attack. I am scared that, after all, it may not worth the effort.

>>34426440
So ease on it will mitigate the effects?
>>
>>34426523

Add some light salt to your food. You can add some to your water bottle like earlier mentioned too.

When you are on this diet, you are going to be pissing a hell load of water, so you'll want to keep your electrolyte up because you'll deplete them faster than usual.

Don't drink too much water either or you'll do that thing where you have too much water in your system and fuck yourself up. I forgot the name of it, but you could die from that. Something like your diluting your body with too much water.

Easing into the EC stack will let you see how your body responds.

You can't "ease" into Keto. You need to do it and see how it hits you.
>>
>>34426523
If you're scared, just pic another cutting method.

PSMF is fucking miserable anyway. Dropped 40 lbs in 9 weeks, but I would never do it again.
>>
>>34425053
Been on it for only a week and 1 day so far have lost 12 lbs planning to do it for 6 weeks or at least till I get abs Still maintaining strength slight weakness but not much. From my limited experience:

1-First 3 days are the hardest you will feel like shit and get hunger like no before (not using EC stacks) once you're past that you're home free.

2-Follow the book to the letter you are a novice you know nothing do not fuck with anything follow to the letter especially the extra minerals and tablets and such.

3-Don't take caffeine before bed shit is stronger than coffee and kept me up for ages.

4-Prepare the meals in advance, and make sure you have 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk with every meal for good bowel movement and also because that shit helps filling you up.

5- diet Sodas are your best friends for the first few days.

If you have any more questions i'm happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.
>>
It'll make you miserable irritable and depressed.
>>
>>34426861
>diet Sodas are your best friends for the first few days

iktf
>>
>>34426867
It's honestly not that bad, I could be just the exception but when you wake up after that 1 week period and you see the difference from when you started and see clothes start fitting you better there is no better motivation and cheering up for the day.
>>
>>34426731
Amount of water recomended?

>>34426832
I rather suffer a couple of weeks than a couple of months.

>>34426861
>6 weeks
what is your %bf?

>Don't take caffeine before bed shit is stronger than coffee and kept me up for ages.
Why do you take caffeine?

>diet Sodas are your best friends for the first few days.
Why? I dont drink any kind of soda.

Thaks for the info.

Also, can you tell me your symptoms?

>>34426867
No shit sherlok
>>
>>34427077

Water should be in the guide, but if you are pissing too often, that's your queue to slow down.

Also, taking caffeine most likely for the EC Stack, Ephedrine + Caffeine to give a serious boost to your metabolism. Will increase your body heat, have to becareful not to overheat yourself.

That's why following this program recommends that you don't do any real heavy cardio or exercise, although some weight lifting is OK and will help.
>>
>>34425053

I've used it before with very good results.

However, I also went a bit over the top and never took deliberate refeeds, but did wind up binge eating here and there.

I lost a lot of weight but also a lot of muscle.

It's seriously good cutting, but you better damn make sure that your girlfriend understands that you CAN NOT be eating her bullshit.

I also think it might not be the best for trying to get below 10%, I think it might be just too harsh and you might have better luck trying out the Ultimate Diet 2.0 by Lyle McDonald.

All I can say is, if you're going to do it, do it by the damn book. I fucked up and burnt off a shitlaod of muscle as a result without getting below 12%/
>>
>>34427077
>what is your %bf?
When I did the 3 point measurment and even a 7 point one I was 21% bf however I think i'm 24-25% (Just bulked too hard babys first bulk)
>Why do you take caffeine?
Because you will feel lethargic I work 9 hours a day for 5 days a week and lift for 3 a week.
I don't take caffeine in weekends and i'm fine without it.

>Why? I dont drink any kind of soda.
I never drink anything other than water and when bulking it was milk, but on this diet for the first few days you will need to force drink 1-2 litres of liquid minimum to help with hunger and also stay hydrated. Due to the fizziness I get fuller with them, if I could do it with just water I would've because it's cheaper and better for you but lyle himself allows you diet sodas.

>Also, can you tell me your symptoms?
First few days (2-3) felt lethargic and hungry all I wanted to do is binge eat like a pig but thankfully my willpower has improved after actually cutting and bulking for past year.

Afterwards honestly it feels like back to normal hell it even became a struggle for me to finish some of my meals.
>>
>>34427182
>never took deliberate refeeds

bad idea m8

unless you're a megafat, refeeds are pretty much necessary
>>
>>34427205
Just as an addition my 3 days are Mon and Fri are pretty much what >>34425551 recommends meanwhile my Wednesday is just to practice some oly lifts with pretty much 1 pl8 so light weight baby for only 30 mins.

I normally do Texas method but the 4 day template found in PPST3 however the stress is too much for so little calories so stuck to what Izzy does.
>>
>>34427175
I would have that in mind. Thanks

He said that he is not on EC stack.

>>34427182
Thanks. I dont want to be extremely lean, I just want abs. 15% and I will be fucking happy.

Also my gf is medical doctor (I dont know how to traslate that) and she is against this. But I am the one who cooks so...

>>34427205
>I was 21% bf however I think i'm 24-25%
Do you have any photos? I think that I am like 26%bf because I can sligly see my upper abs.

>Due to the fizziness I get fuller with them,
Ohh ok goo tip.

>First few days (2-3) felt lethargic and hungry
thats it? Nice to know.

Also, why 6 weeks?

>>34427326
Nice. I dont think that I coul lift...
>>
>He said that he is not on EC stack.
Yeah not running them since can't find in UK and my caffeine is only 75 mg a day you're allowed 300mgs and izzy even took 400mgs but 75 are doing me fine.
>>34427442
>Do you have any photos? I think that I am like 26%bf because I can sligly see my upper abs.
I have taken photos but sorry man not confident enough to show them at least not until I get some results.

>Also, why 6 weeks?
Well in the book that's the limit you can do it for as a Category 2 dieter and also I feel like that's the time needed for me to at least get some abs if however I get abs at 4 weeks i'll stop at 4 weeks.

But biggest thing you need to do is actually read the book not skim it actually read it, the way it's written is pretty easy and gives you good information on nutrition especially since the book has 600 references.

>Nice. I dont think that I coul lift...
You need to lift to maintain whatever muscle you have, If you've never lifted before you can follow the routine lyle provides or delay your dieting by 2-3 months and do SS without GOMAD.

However, a guy has done it without lifting and got decent results (found his pic on body recomp forums)

Another symptom if it can be qualified as such is i'm more anti-social now because of how strict this diet is I haven't gone out to restaurants with people unless it was my Free meal day so if you are very sociable I would recommend doing a normal deficit diet since there is no point in being so strict but not getting results as you're cheating 24/7.
>>
Just DONT do EC stack, it's literally not necessary to lose weight.

At most you'll save yourself a month or two in total, while chemically unbalancing yourself and even leading to serious medical problems if you do it wrong or have some previous conditions.

It's not that important.
>>
>>34427596
>I have taken photos but sorry man not confident enough to show them at least not until I get some results
C'mon dude, help me out. I just want to see your %bf.

Thanks for all your advices. Anything else to have in mind?

>>34427879
No, is not. But I will help a lot with the metabolism slow down. I sure that that means shorter "keto flu". And I am not that retarded. And why so taxative with the "NO EC"? Give me your reasons.
>>
Whats better RFL or UD2.0
>>
>>34428124
Sorry man still no but looked up bfat for you and i'm closest to 25% just add hairness and that's me
http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/

Some people think EC stack is the worst thing in existence and will kill you just ignore him as long as you don't go retard with them they're presumably safe.

>>34428195
RFL is for fast weight loss UD2.0 for a slower normal approach
>>
>>34428195
bump
>>
>>34425053
did this, worked well but felt like absolute shit for the first few days of doing it. Enjoy your no gains while on it too.
>>
>>34425053

I read it before I tried this guy's routine, and I'm doing just fine after 2 months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/zghfl/my_3_month_keto_transformation_see_the_difference/
>>
>>34428474
Unless you go full crazy mode with macros and you're a noob it's very rare to make gains whilst cutting.
>>
>>34425053
>I am like 25%bf and I think that this can help me to drop some fat in a short time frame. I rather suffer 1 month and have some good results that suffer a little bit less for 6 months with another diet.

I started at 25%, and I did it for a month for get under 20%. Starting with a keto diet made regular dieting so much easier.
>>
>>34428540
>https://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/zghfl/my_3_month_keto_transformation_see_the_difference/

RFL is not keto as you're low on fat and carbs.
>>
>>34426523
>I am of forgetting my electrolytes I have a fucking heart attack. I am scared that, after all, it may not worth the effort.

Just drink some Gatorade nigger.
>>
File: top kek bra.jpg (57 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
top kek bra.jpg
57 KB, 609x607
>>34428577
>>
Keto really isn't worth it.

Just go on a regular diet.
>>
>>34428616
?
>>
>>34428641

>keto is not rapid fat loss
>>
>>34428540

The only thing I took from that guy was the p90x ab ripper routine.

That guy's full of shit, there's zero evidence that it's 3 month's worth of progress.
>>
>>34428577
Keto can be achieved with high protein or high fat.
Guy says it in book afaik obviously you have low fat on this as your aim is to retain muscle not to battle epilepsy.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/ketogenic-diets-high-fat-or-high-protein-qa.html/
>>
>>34428453
Ok thanks man, you are great. I think I am right: I am close to 20%, 23% maybe.

I need to do some financial math to see If I can afford the EC stack.

>>34428540
I think that are fairly diferent diets altohoug both are ketogenic. That guy eated fat and 2000 kcal. In RFL you dont eat fat (just fish oil) and the deficit its higher.

>>34428573
Do you did a keto diet or you did this one?

>>34428577
You have to eat fish oil (or pills). And Lyle says its a kerogenic diet.

>>34428586
I have found a better (and cheaper) solution.

>>34428635
This is not just keto. Its worst kek
>>
File: 1362063262455.jpg (174 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1362063262455.jpg
174 KB, 720x960
>>34425053

I don't really have an opinion on it OP, unlike you - you I think are a massive faggot.

tl;dr you, i don't like you. back to reddit.
>>
>>34428577

They're the same thing. Keto just relies more on fat for fuel.
>>
>>34428548
I did on a normal calorie deficit, was 25% bodyfat maybe more though with a deficit of 500kcal. Got my squat to 140kgs for 2 from total beginner and my bodyfat to around 15%. Just don't go too crazy with the deficit I guess.
>>
>>34428728
>Do you did a keto diet or you did this one?

Keto. I just had heaps of veges, cheese, and fatty meats.
>>
>>34428728
>I need to do some financial math to see If I can afford the EC stack.
Its like 17 cents per day, and helps you eat at least 18 cents of food less per day.
>>
>>34428744
>you're a noob
That's what I said, also I honestly don't trust anyones squat or bench unless I see a video too many quarter repers in the gym.
>>
>>34428733
You know that quote is by a eugenicist right? He was one of the first people to suggest the use of gas as a way of humanely killing the genetically inferior.

There's nothing wrong with eugenics, I just thought you should know, Alexis Carrel was a wise man.
>>
>>34428788
>He was one of the first people to suggest the use of gas as a way of humanely killing the genetically inferior.
You would kill 70% of the USA since they're overweight.
Maybe he was ahead of his time after all.
>>
Does his other book teach you how to count calories properly?

That's my biggest bump in the road, it's confusing the fuck out of me.

I know you can make beef patties with cheese and heaps of veg, but outside of that I think all that's left is bacon and eggs for breakfast.
>>
>>34428806
How hard is it to count calories even my fucking polish sausages have calories on them listed.
>>
>>34428744
How much time took you?

>>34428754
Well, this is not like that. Read de OP and you will see.

>>34428761
Yep, in your country. In my country its illegal. I can get it, but its expensive, at least to me that I am a poorfag.

>>34428806
Nop. But the buy have another one about fexible dieting that may help you. Or just use the MyFitnessPal app
>>
>>34428835

what the fuck is wrong with your grammar
>>
Keto is vastly superior if you're exercising with the diet, and getting enough energy in ya.
>>
>>34428852
I am a non-english speaker. Sorry, my bad.

>>34428862
I only care about loosing fat.
>>
>>34428903

Keto is a good way to lose fat without losing too much muscle.

I would only do it until you're under 20%BF, then go into maintenance, then cut regularly.
>>
>>34428927
Just for the record: you are aware that this diet it's ketogenic, right?
>>
>>34428788

Did not know. Not surprising since most eugenicists have a high intellect though.
>>
>>34428950

no fucking shit

you should never do it for more than 2 months

people who do it for longer are beyond retarded imo
>>
>>34428974
Yes I know, I think that maybe one month can make my bf drop to 15%.
>>
>>34429001

>dropping 10% in one month

good luck

It'll take 2 at least with exercise.
>>
I can vouch for it. Hard as hell if you're not used to extremely severe calorie deficits and/or ketosis, but definitely doable. I wouldn't recommend it as the approach for someone cutting for their first time.

My feedback:

EC stack helps a LOT with energy and hunger suppression. The lack of food selection tended to bother me more than hunger itself.

If you're already relatively lean, I wouldn't recommend RFL since it's only run for 2 weeks at a time if you're 15% or lower. Look into Ultimate diet 2.0 or flexible dieting instead.

Don't expect to gain strength on the diet, and definitely don't overdo the cardio. Your recovery will be severely impaired when your intake is that low - save your activity for when the diet ends.

Finally, don't skip the refeeds or diet breaks. They're there for a reason.
>>
File: ketogenic-diet-ratio.jpg (30 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
ketogenic-diet-ratio.jpg
30 KB, 400x255
>>34429031
>I wouldn't recommend it as the approach for someone cutting for their first time.

I've never been in a real diet before, I'm 25% bf, and my friend said just to diet regularly as keto was dangerous, and best used by experienced people watching to get from 15% to 10% BF.

Is this true? Should I just stick to a regular diet?
>>
>>34429022
Do you know this diet?

>>34429031
Thanks dude. How much time can take me to drop from 23% to 15%bf?
>>
>>34429090

Even with RFL or Keto, it takes more than a month to drop 10% BF, retard.
>>
>>34425053

Can someone give me a brief summary of this and how to do it cba reading all of that
>>
I did it at 25% bodyfat to to around 15 % in a little over a month .My diet was really strick

1000 calories a day no more
For protein I had chicken breast tuna and protein powder
I had a bunch of greens spinach broocoli kelp lettuce peppers
1 gallon of water at least
1 hour of LISS in the morning and night
Full body 3x a week
>>
>>34429139

>strick
>>
>>34429115
I think it's doable. Or very close.

>>34429131
The OP have a sumary...

>>34429139
Do you get keto flu? Were you on EC stack?
>>
>>34429115

Maybe a month and 2 weeks, but close enough.

>>34429139

Similar thing.

I had 4 meals a day.

Egg whites scrambled for breakfast, tuna twice in the day, and chicken for dinner. All with heaps of greens.

I had the same thing for a month and a half.

I didn't do EC stack, I just took an electrolyte supp.
>>
>>34429083
It's not dangerous, just difficult. Adherence is the most important part of the diet, and if someone had never gone into calorie restriction before, it may be too much for them to stick to. Kinda like jumping into the deep end on your first time swimming.

Other than that, go for it.

>>34429090
Hard to say. It might be doable in a month, but might take longer than that. You can always run it for a cycle then reassess where you are when it comes time for your first diet break.

>>34429131
Read it. It's worth the time.
>>
>>34425053
eat less, more healthy food. burn calories by doing cardio.
you honestly read an entire book instead of actually just doing it, this is the problem.
>>
>>34429198
>Other than that, go for it.

Okay cool. I hope I don't kick myself out of ketosis by accident.
>>
>>34429198
>You can always run it for a cycle then reassess where you are when it comes time for your first diet break.
Yep, thats my plan.

Any advice?

>>34429201
Read >>34425302
>>
>>34429201
>burn calories by doing cardio

Maybe if you read a fucking book you wouldn't spout such stupid shit.
>>
>>34429226
If you follow the diet as laid out, there's virtually no way you'll ever leave ketosis except for on the refeeds/diet breaks.

That being said, keep in mind ketosis isn't the primary goal of RFL - it's more a side effect of the heavy calorie restriction.
>>
>>34429201

It takes no more than 2 nights to read a hundred page book. Getting educated about something is never a problem you stupid shit.

>doing cardio

kek
>>
>>34428689

You don't believe you could achieve that with 3 months of strict dedication and lifting?

What do you realistically think it took him to reach that?

I'm actually inclined to believe him as he obviously wasn't that much overweight to begin with. Results will vary depending on the person, so perhaps his genetics played a factor.
>>
>>34429298
>What do you realistically think it took him to reach that?

5 at least.

I know genetics also plays a role, and he wasn't that fat. Maybe I'm just jelly.
>>
>>34428540

Does he ever explain why he chose ripped 5x5?
>>
>>34429246
>>34429290
have either of you been in a gym?
>>
So how do people prepare their meals on this diet?

Cal/Carb counting seems like a pain in the ass.
>>
>>34429348

Only one of those posts called you a name.

Simply doing cardio doesn't help weight loss at all.
>>
>>34429338

stripped 5x5 is considered a beginner's routine. You can find it on the sticky as the "easiest" routine for people who are completely brand new to weight lifting because it literally holds your hand through it and explains what you should be doing and why you are doing it with very simple to understand terms and explanations.

It's really fucking easy, just read it yourself and you'll understand.

He probably chose that one for that very reason.
>>
File: breakfast.jpg (76 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
76 KB, 640x360
>>34429348

That pic would only apply if it was a debate, which this isn't. You're just stupid if you think cardio alone grants weight loss.

>>34429377

Oh cool, sounds just about right for a RFL dieter.

I'm still reading the book, and I've read the wiki, but not the different strength programs.

I'm still dreading counting calories.
>>
>>34429201

>reading
>a problem
>cardio

my sides
>>
>>34425302
>I want to buy the protein

What, like whey?

Complete waste of time/money for a beginner.
>>
>>34425593

2-3 days is how much you feel like shit just entering ketosis.

Keto-flu, if it does happen, lasts about a week.
>>
201 cm tall
182 kg fat

Give me a diet por favor
I can almost jog (feels like my shins are gonna snap)
>>
>>34429430
No, chiken and tuna, kek. Mostly to make a budget.

>>34429451
Wait, those first days and "the keto flu" are not the same thing??

>>34429485
Sticky.
>>
>>34429201

Thanks for this amazingly irelivent contribution.
>>
>>34429358

MyFitnessPal
>>
>>34429502

No. Your body will feel like shit going into ketosis. Keto flu occurs when you are low on electrolytes.
>>
>>34429552

Your body will only feel like shit if you ate like shit beforehand.
>>
>>34429552
Oh ok. What are the symptoms when keto hits you?
>>
Where can I find "A Guide to Flexible Dieting"?
>>
>>34429618

General weakness, but you'll get over it.
>>
>>34429744

Google.
>>
>>34425053
I've read everything from him. It's a good book but shit is extreme, for competitors. I really enjoyed the protein book.
>>
I need my memory jogged. Did he say to have 2 fish oil tablets with every meal?
>>
>>34430162

Just have the recommended value. Whatever says on the bottle.
>>
File: breh.jpg (202 KB, 1080x1059) Image search: [Google]
breh.jpg
202 KB, 1080x1059
>>34429538

holy fuck this is a literal life saver

I've been on it for 30 minutes, and I've already planned a week's worth of food
>>
>>34430379

There's a reason /fit/ beats newbies over the head with "read the fucking sticky", m80
>>
>>34430454

I honestly didn't see it in the sticky, I completely missed it.
>>
>>34430487

Luckily you're up to speed now. It's got an app, too. You can just scan barcodes from shit you buy at the store with your cell phone and it'll pull the item right up.
>>
File: Lifting Programs.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
Lifting Programs.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
*Generated by [Keto Calculator](http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com) 9.0*

31/M/5'8" | CW 207 | 27% BF | Moderately active

* 1503 kcal Goal, a 42% deficit. (979 min, 2592 max)
* 10g Carbohydrates
* 144g Protein (91g min, 151g max)
* 99g Fat (41g min, 219g max)

So uh, considering my BMR should I just stick to 1,200 calories a day to lose as much fast as possible before NYE?
>>
Basically it works and it's the only way to crash diet without being absolutely miserable and maintain LBM
>>
>>34430527

---
*Generated by [Keto Calculator](http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com) 9.0*

31/M/5'8" | CW 207 | 25% BF | Moderately active

* 1296 kcal Goal, a 50% deficit. (1114 min, 2592 max)
* 5g Carbohydrates
* 140g Protein (94g min, 155g max)
* 80g Fat (60g min, 223g max)

----

This if you're going to stop around Christmas.
>>
What are sum good meats for keto diet?
>>
>>34425053
never paid for the book since the basics are scattered about the internet for free, but lyle seems to know his shit

1. he doesn't fuck around or cushion anything, it's all straightforward

2. he's not afraid to take the moderate stance on any given topic, which is often the most accurate but least popular answer
>>
>>34430781
any meat that's low car. so y'know, all of them
>>
>>34430914

i wanna see some myfitnesspal meals for an idea of what o mix that's all
>>
>>34425313
Is this the new ebin meme? Pretending to be a redditor for that sweet sweet karma?
>>
File: ss+(2015-10-06+at+04.34.43).png (8 KB, 201x312) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-10-06+at+04.34.43).png
8 KB, 201x312
>>34425053
I'm in the second week now and this is my current progress in kg.
When the weight jumps up its usually after a cheat meal because of water retention.
As you can see it shot up today because I had the free meal yesterday.
Tomorrow I should be back at 128.5 and lower.

I think the progress is alright so far. If I keep this up until christmas at that pace I'd be down 16kg overall which is huge.
>>
>>34430527
>>34430667

Just stay at 1500.
>>
>>34425053
i've used it a few times before. works pretty good. only problems i have are chicken gets stuck in between two of my molars and it's hard as fuck to get out, and i never do the recarb thing he's talking about like it works.

but even he recommends just doing DNP if you can score it so i use that
>>
>>34431732
It's gonna be alright if you slow down a bit though, don't have insane expectations. Usually when you just start in the first couple of weeks you can lose it that fast because water weight and stuff.

If it keeps up, perfect, if it doesn't, dont get discouraged and keep at it.
>>
>>34432402
I dont know if it will slow down much as I did start off with lower water weight from a previous different approach, but we'll see.

As long as it keeps going down I'm fine, its not like other ways will speed it up much.
When the tendency remains going down its all cool. I might make a graph at a later point when I get enough data for motivational purposes.

>>34432153
>but even he recommends just doing DNP if you can score it so i use that
Are you high
>>
>>34432061

Honestly this. 500 cal meansl are pretty filling.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.