[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /fit/! >seeing a buddy soon >in two weeks >benching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1441803253513.jpg (176 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1441803253513.jpg
176 KB, 1280x720
Help me /fit/!

>seeing a buddy soon
>in two weeks
>benching together is the plan
>he wants to hit 3pl8
>he wants me to hit 2pl8
>my 1rm is 95
>even then it's sloppy

I don't want to let him down. How do I add 5kg to my max in two weeks?
>>
>>35422110
Make sure your form is good.

>lie on bench
>wriggle feet as far back as you can, so they are as close to being under your hips as you can, and so quads are tight
>screw the feet into the floor to get them even closer to your hips
>push with your entire fucking body, and drive INCLUDING your legs

Power lifters arch is used for a reason; it works. If you're already doing that however, then all i can suggest is spend one week doing 5x5, and do it three times.

Do it once the next week, exactly a week before you bench with him.

On all the sessions follow the 5x5 principle as best as you can; if you successfully do your 5x5, add 1.5kg and thats the new weight you'll do your 5x5 at.

On the day:

>hammer pre workout
>use wrist straps

Nigga this should kick you up. I doubt you'll even read it and I should have gone the fuck to sleep instead of typing it out

I just understand how much it means to hit that 2 plate mark.
>>
munch sum dbol
>>
>>35422617
I keep hearing conflicting things about the PL arch.
I also hear about using your quads and your legs to drive, but I don't understand what that means in a literal sense. Can you explain further?

>pre
I've never actually used it, how much of a difference can it really make?
>>
>>35422672
It's bad for building muscle. Because you will be using your legs, back etc to power the weight; not just your chest so it's not good for muscle building. But you just want to hit a PR, and that's essentially what it's for man.

Basically you will feel it when you put tension on the quads. So make them tight by driving your heels as far backward as you can. It makes you tight and coiled like a spring. Lots of tension. You WILL feel the difference when you push your legs back.

I recommend you practice a bit, not use heavy weight or anything, Just to get the feel of it.

Because when you start pumping more and more weight (which you will because hitting that goal is addictive and you will want to do it 5 reps, and then you'll want 120 bench, the 140[it never ends]) you'll use that arch more and more

It can make a difference. I use it on PR days to make sure that being tired does NOT impact me at all. Just do everything you can to make yourself 120% tip top shape on PR day, so yeah it can help bro
>>
>>35422110
1pl8 is 20kg on each side, 2pl8 is 40kg is each side. Shoudln't 80kg be 2pl8?
>>
>>35422740
Don't forget the bar.
1pl8 is 20 on each side, so 60 all together.
>>
>>35422731
>Le powerlifting bench doesn't build muscle meme
I arch as hard as I can on every set, and use as much leg drive as I can, and my triceps and chest are overdeveloped compared to the rest of my body. Following your reasoning, squat wouldn't build your quads because you also use hips and back while lifting the weight.
>>
Anything else?
>>
File: 20151219_190433.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151219_190433.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>35424434
I have pre workout, moose. You'll make it.
>>
>>35424625
Do your fucking dishes.
>>
I'm assuming that 95 was in kilos too.
Because if you're trying to take 95lbs to 225lbs, I think your only option at this point is to find a genetically engineered super spider and let it bite you.
>>
eat 10,000 calories/day
>>
>I don't want to let him down.
When he arrives, bend over and spread your cheeks in front of him. He will forgive you if you do this.
>>
>>35422617

>wrist straps on a push

wat
>>
>>35422908
Fuck yeah, good for you man.

It doesn't with me, and that's ok.

>>35426589
I find they wrists always take a fuckin caning when I'm doing PR work, and I like to wrap them so they hurt less and I don't think of them while I'm pushing
>>
File: brb becoming a demon.jpg (103 KB, 680x379) Image search: [Google]
brb becoming a demon.jpg
103 KB, 680x379
>>35426571
I'm the guy, not gay. If he brings me a qt submissive muslim gf from the UK that will suffice.
>>
>>35422740
obviously OP isn't a total fag.
True aryan chicks calculate with 1pl8 beein 25kg(50kg)
>>
>>35422110
Who is this Lovegoo Lass?
>>
>>35429578
Monster Musume
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.