[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Regret lifting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: night2.jpg (9 KB, 500x273) Image search: [Google]
night2.jpg
9 KB, 500x273
I have to take my Army fitness test tomorrow and I am pretty sure I am going to fail spectacularly.

Fucking wrist hurts, knees hurts, shoulder hurts

I am seriously debating giving up lifting , shit may have just fucked up my livelihood
>>
you are probably fine you can fail one but if its 2 in a row then you are fucked.
>>
File: 1352425072688.jpg (29 KB, 176x187) Image search: [Google]
1352425072688.jpg
29 KB, 176x187
>>32196215

this is a result of

1. bad form
2. no stabilization exercises
3. improper warming up or none at all
4. improper stretching or none at all
5. being stupid and lifting weight you shouldnt
6. doing exercises incorrectly

if anyone of these fit the bill with you, you have no one to blame but yourself, dont blame 'lifting' and learn to do it right before you continue to
>>
>>32196215
just say you identify as a woman and want to be tested according to their standards
>>
>>32196297
I would love to see a drill instructors face if someone ever did this.
>>
>>32196215
What the fuck are you doing to get yourself in that condition? I've been lifting for 4 years and it's done nothing but good for me, specially for my back which used to hurt terribly due to me always being hunched over at the computer. I believe you might be the proud recipient of a one-way ticket to Snapsville if you keep up whatever retarded shit you're doing at the gym.
>>
>>32196215
Never give up OP, envision how good you'll look once you reach your goal.

"Anything I’ve ever attempted, I was always willing to fail. So you can’t always win, but don’t afraid of making decisions. You can’t be paralyzed by fear of failure or you will never push yourself. You keep pushing because you believe in yourself and in your vision and you know that it is the right thing to do, and success will come. So don’t be afraid to fail." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
>>
>>32196215
you will feel better once you start moving around
>>
>>32196295
None of these apply, maybe I over trained and maybe number 2 a little... but I don't know any wrist and knee stabilization exercises.
>>
>>32196330
You can never fail. Keep trying until you die.
>>
Then find what you need to do to enlist and drop everything else because your career is more important.

Lifting is wildly unlikely to get you a job where you can retire comfily with full pay and benefits after twenty years.

BTW if you can test well enough, join the Air Force instead because the Army wears out its humans and your odds of disability retirement or separation before the magic 20-year mark are much higher in the Army.

You'll have plenty of time to lift in the service so reducing your workload until you get in is the smart call.

Lifting is a HOBBY, that is all. You don't lift for health. Learn to train smart.

Train to pass the fitness test, nothing else. The secret to passing military fitness exams is to learn them and train accordingly.
>>
>>32196366

Yeah that sounds likely then if those don't apply to you. Rest days are just as, if not more, important then training days. Unless you're on gear of course.
>>
>>32196461
Solid advice

I am already in the army and don't have trouble passing normally but I really pumped up my training recently. Lifting is fucking addictive
>>
>>32196215
Maybe you can get a real job instead of playing CoD: Advanced Welfare?
>>
>>32196215
What an idiot.

Check your form nigger
>>
>>32196461
What about the muhreens?
>>
>>32197065
because no one has ever gotten an injury lifting weights properly
>>
>>32197185
marines have the hardest PT requirements out of all the services, because they are the only ones to require pull ups (oh no).
>>
>>32196215
You have either arthritis or muscle contractility issues. The former fucks you, the latter is fixed by foam rolling. Likely the latter, go fucking figure the muscles attaching at a joint can cause pain.
>>
>>32196215
Suck it up. You're going to hurt a hell of a lot worse if you have to do any of that shit in the field.

If you're this much of a bitch, the military doesn't need you.
>>
>>32196461
funny thing is that the airforce and army have harder PT testing than the marines but the fucking marines PT people till they die so i guess that makes up for easy as fuck scores no pushups 50 situps and 3 mile run under 28 mins holy fuck thats easy if you train up to it
>>
>>32196312

>army
>drill instructor
>pick one
>>
>>32196215
You shouldn't lift 2-3 days before an apft. Rest your shit up before the test
>>
>>32197599
The thing with marines is minimum standards are unacceptable, everyone aims much higher than passing
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.