[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Old Advice General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1
Older guys get in here, share lifting, nutrition and any other advice you deem useful.
>>
My father is in his 50's and he's in OK shape but he has this giant fucking ugly core. It's not really a round belly, but just a giant stomach mass. I make him run and eat less carbs. not sure what else to do
>>
>>32193736
>wanting advice from wizards on a Malaysian paper folding appreciation forum
>>
32 reporting in

Thinkin about roids
>>
35, fatfuck, just started lifting, trying to cut as well...
>>
>>32193736
Turning 30 tomorrow and started lifting at 28. Better late than never i say. :^)
>>
>>32193736
My only piece of advice

Take no advice from here and stop lurking
>>
Just turned 27. Feels real badman.
>>
>>32194053

why ? even the sticky ?
>>
26, not much of an oldfag

>swimming is best cardio
>swimming and lifting will get you the best physique natty wise
>grills prefer guys with 12-15%BF, don't worry about abs too much
>that small layer of fat will make your gains more visible
>>
>Don't over-bulk
>switch up routine each bulk cycle
>squats and deads are overrated on here
>eat clean where you can
>>
>>32194141
>girls prefer 12-15 %

ooooh shit, seriously ?

>>32194183

you mean i can eat everything in moderation ? whatever I want ?
>>
>>32193736
27 here.

Just pick the lifts you like and increase the weight. Much more progress when you stop dicking around with different routines and accessory bullshit and just improve the basics.
>>
>>32194222
No I mean keep an impeccable diet at home and get drunk or eat dirty in a social setting only.
>>
Why are people in their 20s posting here
>>
32 here, stay in school faggots
>>
>>32194258
the ride never ends
>>
>>32194092
Because you can spend time reading, actually socilaizing and using your time productively.
Then you can hang out in this 'roid needing/ loving i need a hook up app to get laid ' board and see it for what it truly is. A great joke to laugh at and feel better that you arent 90% of the fools here.

Inb4 you too
>>
>>32193736
31 here. Find a routine you like, stick to it, and try to achieve your goals. They don't come right away and it is hard work, but eventually you will start to see it pay off.

Also the best way to reduce fat is through eating right, or at least trying your best to eat right. Purchasing a food scale and counting calories was the game changer for me in losing the 25 pounds I was trying to get rid of. Now I'm just in a slow gains/maintenance mode. I feel better than I have most of my life these past couple years
>>
19 here,
If I have any words of advice, it's to take steroids and dnp to cut corners and cheat as much as possible. Aesthetics are first, health is secondary
>>
>>32194318
>sacrificing health (literally /fit/ness) over aesthetics

the board is called fitness not /aes/thetics
>>
>>32194333
also lol you're 19 and I got trips
don't reply to either post you're done
>>
File: 2015-04-18 23.25.46.jpg (81 KB, 531x813) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-18 23.25.46.jpg
81 KB, 531x813
I'm 40. Been lifting for about 18 years. Picked up the bug playing college football.

a) Youth is wasted on the young. You're not going to take this advice anyway. But here it is.
b) Take care of your joints. If you get an injury, see a doctor. Don't train through your injuries. Don't neglect them. Get that surgery. While you're young and you can recover.
c) Make lifting a habit. You don't need motivation if it's just what you do.
d) Make eating well a habit.
e) Girls like confidence and personality more than anything else. They are not fixated on looks like we are.
f) Play a sport. Whether it's flag football or pickup soccer or going on group bike rides on the weekends, cardio is more fun when it's done socially. Plus you'll make friends
g) Take care of your joints. Pay attention to your injuries

Pic related, it's me recently. Still working on that six pack....18 years later. :)
>>
33, don't listen to anyone on /fit/, including me.
>>
>>32194345
>>32194333
>Taking the bait
>>
>>32194369
>pretending to be retarded
>>
>>32194350
You look like shit, truly inspirational
>>
>>32194376
>implying
>>
>>32194380
Put up or shut up. :)
>>
>>32194396
>
>>
>>32194423
Fag
>>
28 here, 29 in November. I..is this the line for Pearl Jam?
>>
>>32194402
Are you challenging me geezer
Your heart would explode if you stepped near me
>>
>>32194380
...says the guy who doesn't have the balls to post up a pic. Truly inspirational.
>>
best advice i could give ya, and something i regret not doing myself:
stop wasting your time doing meaningless shit like fapping, vidya, or 4chan, instead get really fucking good at something, aspire to be the best in the whole fucking world at it, ideally something that could one day make you money
>>
>>32194456
LOL I'd break you like a twig, boy.

I bet you are alpha as fuck and get "mired" all the time in the gym. hahahaha
>>
Lift every day. No excuses. Fuck bitches. That is all.
>>
>>32194252
>>32194296

thanks.
>>
>32194350
>Youth is wasted on the young.
What do you mean?
>>
I'm honestly confused and interested as to why there are old people on 4chan, don't you have other shit to do than look at dank memes, shitposts, and some occasional rare good advise. Is it to share in estoric hobbies?
>>
I'm just glad noone's sincerely posted here saying they're 25. Makes me feel like a young whippersnapper again.
>>
>>32194444
>pearl jam
my fellow african american
>>
>>32194489
>>32194464

Sorry I'm a chronic shitposter
>>
>>32194489
Of course not, It's a /fit/ shitposter. Anytime we or anyone else finds out who a shitposter is they usually have this in common:

1) they look like shit
2) they don't even lift
3) their lives are meaningless
4) they don't have a job
5) are bitter as fuck because they ain't getting any

usually a combination of at least three of those things, if not all. Seriously, the only kind of people who shitpost are those who are not of any worth. I do not mean the people who do good natured ribbing shitposts either. You would not have to hatefuck anonymous posters with your words on a constant level on a Taiwanese toilet baptist sermon commune bulletin.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.