[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Improvement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
/fit/ has anyone here sought wisdom since they started lifting?

I feel depression creeping in on me despite my lifting routines going well and I feel like I've come to realize I know very little about myself.

I've been reading books, listening to podcasts, and trying to learn whenever I'm not lifting but I find I'm hitting a steep low now realizing how little I know.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what/who to listen to to relieve this kind of emptiness?

Also self improvement general.
>>
http://classics.mit.edu/Epictetus/epicench.html

Read this
>>
>wanting to be a nerd
>>
>>32152443
what podcasts are you listening to?
>>
>tfw no passions in life
>tfw every day is a mere formality
>work, lift, eat, sleep
>>
>>32152443
Ask questions. The more stupid, the better.
>>
>>32152443
Op, you should listen to the little prince on audio book from YouTube. Very childish and simple but just enough philosophy with simple and positive enlightenment
>>
>>32152817
Why?
>>
>>32152817

You know that saying, ''there are no stupid questions, just questions?''

Well that's a lie.

There are lots of stupid questions, and stupid people with questions.

The key is to ask good questions. Questions that cannot be answered easily, or questions that challenges your understanding.
>>
>>32152964
When they say "there's no stupid questions, only stupid answers" they mean people like you, self centered pieces of shit.

Just because you understand a statement or a question doesn't mean someone else can.
That someone can ask a question which you deem stupid but in the end he'll still learn from it if answered correctly and not by a person like you.

Notgonnamakeit/10
>>
File: siddhartha.jpg (44 KB, 400x678) Image search: [Google]
siddhartha.jpg
44 KB, 400x678
>>32152443
Grow up and stop asking /fit/ for books. You could as well ask /lit/ for workout routines you faggot.
Also pic related
>>
>>32152964
>>32152978
Arent you both kinda saying the same?
>>
File: Polo Skull.jpg (69 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
Polo Skull.jpg
69 KB, 500x667
>>32152443
Who do you listen to? Personally, I listen to Mike Cernovich(dangerandplay.com) and Victor Pride(boldanddetermined.com). I read both of their blogs too.

>Books
On Pain by Ernst Jünger; about how pain makes you a better man and why most people are weak by avoiding it

What Every Body Is Saying by Joe Navarro; ex-FBI agent who specialized in non-verbal communication explains the basics of body language. Mindset is everything with this. If you feel beta, you will look beta. The mind and body are not as separate as we think.

Beowulf; if the thought of ripping off Grendel's arm with sheer strength doesn't fucking hype you up, then enjoy being a little bitch.

Cheers!
>>
>>32152938
Because it's the best way to learn. Is there something you don't understand? Ask someone who does. Still don't get it? Ask again. Swallow your ego and dare to ask fucking stupid questions. Ask questions like a child does. If the questioned subject gets irritated or mocks you, fuck 'em. At least you're trying to improve your knowledge.

>>32152964
>The key is to ask good questions.
A good questions is a question you don't know the answer of before asking.

>Questions that cannot be answered easily
Questions with easy answers are mostly the best questions to ask. Unfortunately, they're too often labelled as "stupid" bu cunts like you.

>>32152995
Pseudo-intellectual bullshit.
>>
>>32153004
No, completely the opposite.
He says there are stupid questions, I say there aren't.

If I draw a yellow line on a blackboard and someone asks me "what is yellow"

I could either scoff at him or her and keep him from knowing what yellow is, that is being like him.

Or I could help him and say "it's a color"
>>
>>32153015
This. So much this.
>>
>>32152978
Not him but trust me, there are stupid questions, for example there is this girl in one of my uni classes that every ten minutes like clockwork ask a random question just to be noticed, and 100% of the times it's either already been answered by the explanation or is downright stupid.
>>
>>32152706
Chances are someday you'll be working for a nerd, when you grow up you beta faggot
>>
>>32153019
Yes, a question is stupid when it is asked redundantly.

No, a question is never stupid if asked for a purpose.
>>
>>32153035
Yea no, always found that quote pretty stupid, chanches are there will be several nerds working for me.
Nerds with entrepreneurial instinct are pretty rare
>>
>>32152995
Li is a bunch of depressed, sad cunts. How will they motivate anyone?
>>
>>32153050
Ignorant/stupid entrepeneurs don't really make it. Not in the real world.
>>
File: His_Face_Tho.jpg (156 KB, 800x1136) Image search: [Google]
His_Face_Tho.jpg
156 KB, 800x1136
>>32153050
>chances are there will be several nerds working for me

Ok
>>
>>32152978

Never mentioned anything about stupid answers

If someone else don't understand, that is someone elses concern, and it is that person's respobsibility to ask his or her own question.

If you are in the position of answering questions, then let's help others in their understanding instead of being a huge dick.

But if you truly believe there is no such thing as a ''stupid questions,'' well, you're an idiot.

Iseeyouhaveaspergers/10
>>
File: contemplative thinking.gif (1 MB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
contemplative thinking.gif
1 MB, 499x341
>>32152764
Lately a lot of free domain radio because of its discussions on relationships. I'm not sure how I feel entirely on Stefan's philosophy just yet but I do agree with a good amount of what he says.

Asides that
German Audio tutor

Starting from nothing, (some stuff seems like fluff but has some decent insights on certain episodes.)

Some homestead and aquaponic podcasts were very interesting for keeping an eye on what's going on in the food world along with general knowing how things are made and how the deep the government has its dick in everything.

Clarey podcast is entertaining and helpful sometimes and his base content was a godsend in teaching me how to not fuck myself over financially.

And a bunch of others pertaining to business that smoldered out and died after 10 or so episodes.

Lifting stuff I leave to youtube but I'm trying to figure out what other good ones are out there.

>>32153011
>What Every Body is Saying
YES! I read that book, and was very insightful to the body language many people avoid. I'm by no means a wizard to the unspoken game but it showed me how disregarded very overt body language seems to be discarded by many people I've spoken with.

>Victory Pride
Clarey advertises and recommends him on his podcast, I'll have to take a look at him. All I know off the bat is he recommends cold showers.

>>32152995
This problem arose from my time spent lifting so I chose /fit/ based on that, I've also seen self improvement and book threads here and the past as well.

>>32152666
I'm almost done with this, from what I'm getting so far it reflects a lot of prior wisdom I've read and heard from other sources, (speak as needed, do for yourself, see things as they are and nothing more)
>>
>>32153084
The saying goes "there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"
You said ''there are no stupid questions, just questions?' so I thought to myself you meant answers. If you didn't, you are the idiot and are talking about a saying wich you don't even know.

And no, there aren't stupid questions.
>>32153015
here's a little explanation
>>
File: sisiphus.jpg (112 KB, 764x938) Image search: [Google]
sisiphus.jpg
112 KB, 764x938
>>32153013
>Pseudo-intellectual bullshit.
What else could I expect from /fit/
Start with something more basic then: The Stranger and The Myth of Sisyphus.
>>
>>32153111

I don't understand why you keep including humiliation of others.

So if an adult native speaker comes up to you and ask ''what is yellow?'' You are telling me that he he's being serious, and does not understand what yellow is??

Unless we're in alien world with creatures incapable of detecting yellow, that sounds like a stupid question, or at least a childish qiestion to me.
>>
>>32153178
Well, that's because it's an example. You're reaction to a simple example already shows more about your character and your dysfunctional view.
>>
File: original.jpg (68 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
68 KB, 894x894
Ikft, OP, then I watched Kill la Kill
This anime has honestly changed my life.

I went into it not expecting much, considering that was hyped to shit. Holy fucking shit, was I blown away. I was hooked, like a baby to a tit with creamy foamy milk. I could feel the energy and hype flowing through my body, bringing light to my dull life. I resonated with Ryuuko. I could feel his struggle and his desire to surpass her limitations, something that struck me hard. Everything suddenly stopped when I heard the words:

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!

and I started trembling. That was me, I feel like I've been "Losing my way" these past years. I haven't been able to hold a steady job, my grades were starting to slip, and my parents suspect that I'm gay. It was right then and there that I knew that I had to get my shit together. I can't think of any other anime that has had such a profound effect on me, let alone on the first episode. Tomorrow, I'm going to be a better man. Thank you, Kill la Kill, thank you Trigger.

I'll never lose my way.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>32153227
>This anime has honestly changed my life.
>>
>>32153190

Whether there are stupid questions or not, some people ask too much questions before figuring out on their own.

"Why this, why that?" Let my first question be, ''did you think about it first?''
>>
>>32153013
>tfw I used to be the most inquisitive kid asking my parents constant questions to their annoyance
>tfw I developed into a dickhead know-it-all in my adolescence and my progress stalled
>tfw trying to fix it now

I miss that based childhood neuroplasticity.
>>
>>32152443
You don't have to know literally everything, pick topics that tickle your fancy.
I aspire to improve my business writing and knowledge in the programming realm, so I do that in my off-time.
>>
>>32153285
Childhood neuroplasticity is... I won't say 'bullshit' but I will say 'oversold'. What children have over adults isn't a different capacity for learning, but a dearth of obligations that cut into learning time.
>>
START WITH THE GREEKS
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 253x199) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 253x199
Just read this book and implemented some of the methods, it really works

>Direct the rider
>Motivate the elephant
>Shape the path
>Rally the herd
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.