[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you want to be large and aesthetic when some 5'8
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: GABRIEL_VELLA_vs_ROMINHO_51.jpg (885 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
GABRIEL_VELLA_vs_ROMINHO_51.jpg
885 KB, 1280x850
Why do you want to be large and aesthetic when some 5'8 140lb Jiu jitsu blue belt could just decide with his bare hands whether he wantd you to live or die?
>>
File: image.jpg (594 KB, 1484x2158) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
594 KB, 1484x2158
>>32114787
JUST
>>
File: 1422800740556.jpg (28 KB, 494x342) Image search: [Google]
1422800740556.jpg
28 KB, 494x342
>>32114896
kek
>>
>>32114896
CUCK
>>
>>32114896
lmao
>>
>>32114787
Why would you want to train for years in Jiu Jitsu when a 5'0" 90 lb female could decide whether you live or die with a simple pistol she picked up from the store that day?
>>
File: 1413485758012.jpg (18 KB, 280x400) Image search: [Google]
1413485758012.jpg
18 KB, 280x400
>>32114896
>>
>>32114941
Why would you want to go to a gun range for years when you could simply buy a black market submachine gun and blow someone away with all the skill and tact of a gust of wind?
>>
>>32114961
why would you buy a submachine gun when you can just build a pipe bomb? nothing beats a well placed pipe bomb.
>>
>>32114787
because a 6'0 200lb jiu jitsu white belt could just decide with his bare hands whether he wantd you to live or die?
>>
Because working out makes me feel good. Are you just going to be a fat piece of shit bc there are people in the world that can beat your ass OP?
>>
One thing I notice about people who do BJJ, Muay Thai and Ju-jitsu are that they're all skinny as fuck. They also spout horseshit like "oh this martial art was developed purely to take down larger opponents and break them quickly".

Honestly, just be a big guy and do judo with boxing/kickboxing. Those are sports for men with muscle.
>>
>>32114787
Cuz I'm a 5'9, 158 pound purple belt
>>
>>32115141
judo is fun but breaks your body down like nothing else.
>>
>>32115141
If only that were true. The BJJ guys at my place are all 180+ lbs barring myself and 2 others who are around 170.
>>
File: 2002653264[1].jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
2002653264[1].jpg
12 KB, 250x250
>>32114787

The funny part is a BJJ white belt wouldn't be able to do jack shit to anyone 6' 200lb+, unless the BJJ guy was also massive and strong too. They literally would not be able to get to the ground. What they gonna do, pull guard in the street? LMAO.

Even a blue belt at 150lbs wouldn't be able to get a jacked motherfucker down or keep him down. BJJ is taught so badly. They train with zero intensity and zero athleticism - instead, they actually look down on being strong and using your strength.

Training in Judo and Wrestling then going to BJJ is just laughable. How many times have I heard "go lighter muh freend go heazy" in Judo or Wrestling? Zero. How many times do you hear it in BJJ? Every fucking class.

BJJ is BY FAR the worst grappling art to learn for self defence. Judoka and Wrestlers have it ingrained, "Get that motherfucker down as fast as possible, control him as fast as possible, (and for judo) submit him as fast as possible, all using your strength and speed". What do BJJers have ingrained in them? "If I pull guard I can grab his pant leg and work on a berimbolo, i'll just take my time! transitions baby this ones for you helio!"
>>
>>32114787
The vast majority of /fit/ is so dumb they thing 'aesthetics' is going to be a substitute for having a personality that doesn't suck ass, or for being intelligent in general, or for being ugly as sin. The only thing they end up contributing to positively is the anti-fat acceptance movement. Otherwise they're a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>32115141
Most of the time that's bullshit, but BJJ was literally made for that reason. the guy who created it did so via modifying Judo and teaching it to his younger brother, who was a perpetually sick skellington manlet.
>>
>>32115328
Dude, I rarely train easy or without intensity, my instructor is always on people's asses about not taking it easy. Mine is a competition oriented school. You've been to a McDojo, bro. Fuck the berimbolo. Trash.
>>
>>32114787
How are those two things related? Why do you do anything when you will inevitably die
>>
>tfw I'll never be an ADCC champion
if only I hadn't waited until I was 20 to start training
>>
>>32115528

Nope, you've just never experienced real intensity in training like in Judo or Wrestling. You think you're training intensely. But you aren't.
>>
>>32115758
Not that guy, but plenty of BJJ places train with similar intensity as Judo does. I'm not gonna disagree with you about the Wrestling, though, because most wrestlers go through inhuman conditioning. It's definitely the most athletic martial art.
>>
>>32115640
You've still got time, m8. Marcelo Garcia had only been training for 7 years when he became world champion.
>>
>>32115328
Either you trained at a mcdojo or thats some mediocre b8. i honestly cant tell if this is b8 m8
>>
>>32115758
You're wrong, I train with wrestlers, people who will push you and break you if you don't push back. Also, I'm a people belt and have beat legitimate judo black belts, one of whom is a pretty good wrestler. I train to compete, to win and to be the best.
>>
>>32115837

He sounds like he went to a McDojo. I love BJJ, we train hard. I do still think catch wrestling > BJJ. They go insane and their aim is just "grab limbs and fuck shit up".
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.