[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /fit/ use intermittent fasting? Does it work? Do you loose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: GtzyF3x.jpg (231 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
GtzyF3x.jpg
231 KB, 640x640
Does /fit/ use intermittent fasting?

Does it work?

Do you loose strength?

pic unrelated
>>
>>32091794

I do occasionally. Bookend it with 1+g/lb protein days and do some moderate lifting during the fast to encourage the body to burn fat, no muscle. Lots of water. You'll feel a little odd after ~24 hours because your body will have burnt through all the glycerol stores in your liver and is now burning pure fat (or muscle if you're doing it wrong). Do things to maintain as high of test level as you can, moderate lifting (as mentioned), cold shower, no fap.

There are a lot of resources out there, if you're smart and take a lot of care before, during and after you can lose a lot of weight and minimize muscle loss (which it is almost impossible to avoid, but it can be mitigated by a great deal).
>>
>>32092028
Cheers for the information, what was the plan you used? Also, doesn't protein shake in the morning and after workout count as the 2 meals every day?
>>
>>32091794
Doing for 3 month + gym

I lost 11 kilos and I feel stronger than ever
>>
>>32091794
>Does /fit/ use intermittent fasting?
I do.

>Does it work?
Depends on what you mean. Do I buy the broscience behind it? No and I honestly don't care. It works as an organization system to help you stick to your macros when on a cut. I do 16/8, which sometimes ends up being closer to 18/6 or even 20/4 on busy days. My eating window generally begins at 3pm. In the morning I'm either very busy or fast asleep, so I find it easy to remain fasted well into the noon. It takes a week or two for the body to get used to this, but eventually you'll stop feeling any hunger at all during those hours. Then 3pm hits and I can begin eating, usually until like 9 or 10. If you're eating relatively well, meaning generally nutritious stuff that you prepare yourself, then you'll pretty much be full and satiated for the entire duration of that window and then some. You gotta cram a day's worth of food into 6 hours, even on a heavy cut, there's no way you'll be hungry. Then after that, or a couple of hour later, you go to sleep. You're obviously "fasting" while you're asleep. Then you wake up again, and so begins another busy morning during which you've trained your body to not expect food. Rinse, repeat.

For me, that's how it "works". I don't know about insulin responses and growth hormone production. I know it makes it easy as fuck to stick to my caloric goals.

>Do you loose strength?
No, why would you? Not any more or any less than you would if you ate the exact same calories at any other point. To be fair, I lift in the evening, after I've already consumed most of my calories. Maybe lifting at the end of a 20 hour fast will weaken you, I'm not sure. I did lift in the noon many month back while doing IF, but I was riding the noobgains hard, so I can't assess properly.
>>
File: for_fit.png (918 KB, 945x819) Image search: [Google]
for_fit.png
918 KB, 945x819
>>32091794
im doing keo and IF just kind of happens because my appetite is obliterated on keto.
>>
>>32094386
wow, good job!
>>
>>32091794
Who is this semen demon
>>
>>32094570
pia muehlenbeck
>>
>>32094558
not me in pic btw :^)
>>
>>32091794
Yes

>Does it work?
Yes

>Do you loose strength?
Not if you do it right. I've lost about 6 lbs of fat in 4 weeks but my lifts have actually gone up a little.
>>
Never had any strength loss from it and squatted 405lb at 148lb bodyweight while i was cutting with it
>>
>>32094386
>Puberty, accutane, and 70lbs weight loss

Don't forget fashionable hair, soft focus, and favourable lighting :^)
>>
I do 16/8 fast, 8 hour window. On top of dnp and ec stack. I've never lost Strength from it, fits my life, and goals. Would recommend
>>
File: 1369399332574.gif (2 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1369399332574.gif
2 MB, 260x195
>>32092028
>your body will have burnt through all the glycerol stores
ya w0t m8
>>
>>32092028
>Do things to maintain as high of test level as you can, moderate lifting (as mentioned), cold shower, no fap.

My fucking god.. the broscience with this one
>>
>>32092028
Pretty much on point, fuck the haters just cause he threw in a little debatable science.

What he is doing is the "proper" lifter's program for IF. Gotta "bookend" the fasted day with plenty of protein and lifting so that your body remains anabolic as far as your muscles are concerned. Good stuff.

Yeah, every 2 weeks, 1 - 24hr. period of fasting

Does it work?
Honestly can't say. I do it so infrequently, and mainly for the HGH benefits (not focused on fat loss) and I can't say there is some enormous difference. I do feel quite good during/after the fast though.

Do you loose strength?
Not at all. Especially since I do it once every 2 weeks anyways, so it's only 1 day without optimal nutrition.
>>
>>32094364
what diet are you following. (bulk / cut)
>>
>>32096189
>HGH benefits
HG is katabolic, its the IGF-1 thats anabolic, and gets released if theres a high surge of HG.
The HG surge induced with fasting or high proton meal isn't sufficient to release the IGF-1 (insulin-like growth factor), thereby its only katabolic.
>>
>>32097924
and by hg i mean GH.. which is what its called in medical physiology
>>
File: 1429819934744s.jpg (4 KB, 141x250) Image search: [Google]
1429819934744s.jpg
4 KB, 141x250
Eating 1-2 meals a day is best. I'm too lazy otherwise. Lift heavy, rest hard. Get stuff done, thinking more about working out does not yield more results. Get other things done in life.
>>
>>32092028
buhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuh-brooo science!
>>
>>32098205
pic not related btw.
>>
I do it for the HGH gains. My plates are still unfused. Also it's supposed to help with some other bullshit. I just know it increases HGH release a fuckton
>>
>>32099729
don't worry. we alread know that : ) : ) : :)
>>
>>32099750
how do you know that?
>>
>>32091794
I do 20 hour fast period, 4 hours eating window, except on lifting days because I feel like shit lifting fasted.

I'm losing fat much faster on IF than without. Also don't feel the urge to binge so much.
>>
>>32091794
I do 17h fast/ 7h feeding when I have 2 large meals and a shake.

Work wonders for me, I small faggot meals disapoint me, so with IF I can eat like a fucking man.

I'm now below 15%BF and still have some gains in the last 2 months, very small, but improvement nonetheless.
>>
>>32099750
>>32102409

as previously explained, GH is katabolic alone.
A high surge of GH releases IGF which is anabolic.
Fasting or high protein meals promotes a HG release, but not enough to release IGF.

TL;DR: you're fucking wrong.. stfu with broscience
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.