[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 33
"Questions that don't deserve their own thread" thread, /fit/ touhous edition.

Previous thread:
>>32027875

Can anyone suggest some cardio exercises along the lines of burpees or jumping rope? I'm trying to train cardio but I suck at all sports and require something simple to get started.
>>
btw I'm a girl ;)
>>
>>32040470
Swimming or stationary bike if you're a fat fuck or have access to a pool.

Jogging or stairstep machine if you aren't.
>>
I finished the 4th week of SL 5x5 and looked at myself in the mirror. My form was shit and I remember it was good when I started. I need to watch those form videos again. Give me links please. Especially squat since I'm doing something wrong when I go back up. My legs kind of shake or idk look weird when I stand up and the day after I squat ONE of my knees hurts a bit when I walk. It goes away some hours later but has happened everytime since like week now. The other thing that's bad is keeping your back flat and straight on deadlift and row. I cant check myself in the mirror on there exercises but I feel I do them wrong too. Maybe its cause Im cutting and its harder but still my form had to be good.
>>
Should I fap before or after working out? [spoiler]Or during?[/spoiler]
>>
Idk if there is an injury thread or something, but I have a weird soreness in my shoulder, it hurts when i move my arm and I feel a solid ball under my armpit, did I just dislocated my shoulder ?
>>
>>32040924
Dont fap before, stroke during.
Maximum alpha release
>>
How bad is it to rack the barbell in between sets of the bench press? Having a really hard time progressing on this exercise
>>
How fit are /fit/ 2hu?
>>
How do I raise back up when squating with good form? The videos only show how to squat down then the dudes just go up without really explaining it. I think my legs kind of move/shake dont look solid when I squat. This may be causing me knee pain. A tip I heard is like remember to ''open your crotch'' but still that wont be enough to fix it.
>>
How many moles of water do you guys drink a day? I'm thinking around 1 mol water per lb of body weight, but I want to hear other opinions
>>
>>32041054
between sets it's pretty much mandatory
between reps and you have a problem
>>
Hi /fit/, well i was looking on another board, and i saw that diary products were prohibited because they have bad consequences.

I don't know if it's true or a meme. But still, i wanted to know if I can still drink a glass of milk a day or even more important if I can sill eat my oats with some greek yogurts (in french it's fromage blanc, don't know if it's the same thing in other countries tho).

So /fit/, a glass of milk and some greek yogurts, is it possible in my diet or bad for me ?
>>
>>32040470
More like worst touhous edition LMAO.
>>
>>32041374
Dairy is fine, who the hell told you that was bad?
>>32041314
Realistically something between 30 and 25 moles.
>>
If I do as many pushups, situps and squats as I can right now (no weights) and take a 2 hour break and do the same. Is that bad?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 1000x706
Is Patchouli high test?
>>
>>32041406

some people on a fitness board and a few fitizen. thanks you tho

also can i replace oats with anything else that isnt muesli ?
what is better to cook eggs butter or olive oil ? and is it good to cook them in the morning ?
>>
>>32041374
Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Especially not leddit.
>>
I am like 4 days away from completing the 90 day NoFap challenge, was it worth it? Absolutely not, wtf is the point of this bullshit challenge? I have not experienced any energy boost, my discipline is still shit. The last week I have been so fucking horny that it isn't even funny. FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Is it worth it to get to 90 days?
>>
>>32041410
Have you already gone to the gym today or is it a rest day? Also stay away from doing a shit lot of situps, it'll tweak up your back and cause pain when you do deads.
>>
>>32041374
Dude ive ben eating dairy my whole life. If they were bar then 99% of France would be in the hospital now
>>
>>32041585
My local gym is kill for the next 2 months. Doing this at home to keep me going.
>>
>>32041549
>>32041598

oh ok bc i read that they told me that it can fuck up yout kidney and other in the long term. It might have some chemicals added elements, but idk.
>>
>>32041496
She's just a fat fuck
>>
>>32040470
I have wide shoulders and wide hips
I look like an hourglass
What can I do, what exercise
>>
how can I tell if I'm overtraining? my routine is HIIT high weight and low rest times, but I can do it just fine. If I don't feel fatigued, or sick, or joint pain but I am still going ham am I over training?
>>
I have no equipment at home but I still want to become a little fit. What is some good workout routines to do at home?
>>
>>32041603
Calisthenics and bodyweight shit only helps in moderation. Once you're too tired to do more pushups and shit like that you won't get much benefit from doing it again some hours later. If I were you and this was just a temporary solution I'd also get a pullup bar, ab roller, and do lunges and hillsprints instead of squats and crunches.

Make sure to keep up doing cardio and stretching, and keep your diet in check too. If you eat like shit your body will go to shit much faster.
>>
File: 1428557543261.png (910 KB, 800x1122) Image search: [Google]
1428557543261.png
910 KB, 800x1122
>>32040470
good taste op
Oni girls best girls
>>
are electronic calipers any good?
>>
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 800x1069) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 800x1069
>>32041656
She is doing her best
>>
>>32041695
overtraining takes a few weeks to get noticed generally
even without overtraining, too much slow gains usually
you're supposed to learn what your body can take after having trained for a while
>>
>>32040470
currently have a 1rm of a 4.5pl8 deadlift raw.
im training grip heavily in order to avoid straps or chalk.
any accessories i should do in order to increase my numbers? paused deadlifts?
any advice is good plz
>>
>>32041697
get some equipment...
some oly rings are like 20€
with only them you can really fit but it'll take a long time
>>
>>32041571
>Is it worth it to get to 90 days?
you'll know when you'll break it
>>
>>32040470
I've got some question I hope you guys could help me out

1. gym changed benches awhile ago and since then I can't bench properly, what I mean is I feel the bar balances more to one side than the other
this made me hurt my right rotator and now the left also got hit today but nothing serious

I bench with good form, even put clippers on weights just to be sure, focused completely on form
it doesn't matter if its just 1pl8 or even less, I always go more to one side than the other

what the fuck is this black magic? the bench doesn't move so I dont know why
even with just the bar or 20kg
>>
>>32041309
>The videos only show how to squat down
you're watching the wrong vids
>>32040979
if dislocated the pain is unbearable usually
rest for a week and go get that ball checked this isn't normal seems like a ganglion
>>
I deadlift 3x5 at like 185 and have been working my way up slowly because my backs kinda sketchy. Last night I did 205 on accident because I thought the 35s were 25s and didn't notice I was done. Needless to say I did 2x5 then only got about 2 or 3 clean reps out on the third set and then couldn't lift it anymore.

Anyways next time I deadlift is friday. Should I just do 205 like before and try to do a clean 3x5 or do 195 like I was going to.
>>
>>32041817
never put clippers,
you can see if the bar is horiszontal and you can't get stuck under it
>>
What shoe brand do people recommend? I saw that cushioned shoes arent recommended for squats, but literally all my shoes have cushioning.

Also, I know the whole creatine hair loss debate, but is there any relation to whey and hair loss?
>>
>>32040979
Torn rotator cuff ice it and wait 3 weeks
>>
>>32041848
I know and I never do I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the weights moving

pretty fucking weird since I've even improved my form and since they changed bench I just can't do it right without putting presusre on one shoulder

Would switch to DBB Bench press(already doing incline as iso) but I dunno, I have a thing for barbells
>>
>>32041867
adidas powerlifts are pretty much the go-to shoe for lifting.
>>
>>32041867
>hoe brand do people recommend? I saw that cushioned shoes arent recommended for squats, but literally all my shoes have cushioning.
Nike or NB for running. Lift barefoot.

>Also, I know the whole creatine hair loss debate, but is there any relation to whey and hair loss?
Nigga its fuckin protein. Whey comes
from processing milk into cheese. Does drinking milk make you lose hair?
>>
so I once deadlifted with wrong form when I started SS 1 year ago
and was also doin 3x5 sets, sometimes I get this weird feel on my back, it ain't pain just discomfort

could it be a disk dislocated or some shit?

I've been relearning the deadlift since then(all lifts over advanced except this fucking one)

today decided to do 1pl8 3x5 deadlifts to practice form, it went well felt a lot of soreness like always but no pain
then did 3x5 12kg hyperexentions

if I did those two todya with no pain it means my back is fine, right?
I'm planning to maybe to take an x-ray this summer
>>
>>32041968
you aren't supposed to do 3x5 deadlifts on SS

it's 1x5
>>
the sticky doesn't really mention what to follow after SS outside TM if i'm not forgetting something, I'm just finishing cut before moving on

I want to follow something more aesthetically oriented while keeping the heavy compounds and progress on them since I could've done way much weight if I learned things I knew now earlier
wat do, plan is on the next 10 years work my body
>>
>>32042029
I know, the first time was a mistake

now I do 3x5 because the weight isn't heavy so I can practice form
>>
A guy I know started working out (again) a week or two ago. He's doing a full body workout, which includes deadlifts. He does 3 sets of 12 reps of deadlifts. Isn't that excessive? Won't this fuck him up?
>>
A pair of 100lbs plates for 150 obo. Good price? I might ask to drop it to 130 but 150 already sound good
>>
>>32042036
youy're supposed to have assimilated enough knowledge to know what to do
if you're still lost do a SS kind of routine and add some asssitance exercises in hypertrophy rep scheme for the body part you want to progress more
do it gradually, don't add 10 exercises per workout overnight
>>32042066
yes, but he's free to do what he wants
>>
What's a reasonable amount of sex with a girlfriend, once a week?

I've been dating this chick for several months and she's shut down my last few advances. It shouldn't bother me, but its apparently a big deal, and its changing my attitude towards her greatly towards being passive aggressive. Even if I masturbate before seeing her, I still get the instinct to fuck her at least several times a week.
>>
File: xv.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
xv.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Which of these 2 routines would be better?

This one

Monday

Flat Bench 3x8
Incline bench: 3x8
Overhead press: 3x10
Cable curls 3x10
lat pulldowns 2x8
Rows: 3x8-12
Lat raises: 3x8
Shrugs: 3x12
Pulls ups: 3x8

Tuesday
Squats 3x10

thursday
Repeat Monday

Friday Squats

Or this one?

Monday
Flat bench dumbbell 3x10
Incline dumbbell 3x10
Cable curls 3x10
Barbell curls 3x10

wed
Cable rows 3x10
lateral raise 3x10
Lat pulldown 3x10
Skull crunches 3x10
OHP 3x10
cable pulldowns 3x10
squats 3x10

Friday
repeat monday
>>
>>32042214
you guys arent sexually compatible, break up now as it will only get worse
>>
>>32041824
I barely feel the pain, only when i move my arm. Should i go to a doctor or straight to the hospital for xrays or whatever?

And i was supposed to go talk to a recruiter tomorrow, fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz3AG-oCXTE

>tl;dr caloric surplus unnecessary for muscle growth as long as you get enough protein and enough sleep

So you can get lean and swole at the same time. Anyone experiment with this?
>>
>>32042291
DON'T TELL THE RECRUITER.

THEY WILL FUCKING TAKE A CRAMP AS A REJECTION. They want perfection, don't let them know you hurt yourself.
>>
Whats the best time to eat the different macros?
I train late evening after work, i usually get like 70% of my protein through out the day, but im wondering what would be the best time to consume my carbs so i have more energy at the gym.

Also what should i eat 1 hour before the gym? Just a banana?
>>
>>32041817
I guess you have learned to lie down properly on the previous benches, but now that they have changed you're lying down on something else and you haven't gotten used to it. Maybe it could help to bench light while you get used to the new ones.
>>
File: forearm-2.jpg (77 KB, 1109x614) Image search: [Google]
forearm-2.jpg
77 KB, 1109x614
forearm problems (pic is NOT me)
I started as a skelly and it's getting a lot better, but may forearms are stil extremely thin.
I do some exercises, but huw did YOU get good results?
>>
I see a lot of people DLing with different hip height
some do it really high and their body is like fucking perfectly perpendicular, awkward as fuck to see

and there's those that have them really low like some kind of row, and others that are between that

so who's right? or does it change from one to another
>>
Stopped running a few months back, tried starting up again, but now i'm getting shin splints like crazy, never had this problem before, what gives? Can i continue running? Thinking about just dropping the intensity and gradually working my way up
>>
>>32041867
Caterpillar boots are god tier for lifting if there are no stores around that carry lifting shoes.

Speaking of that, I have a similar question: do "cross training" shoes, i.e. Crossfit shoes, count as lifting shoes? All sportswear shops around town carry them.
>>
File: bring them inside.jpg (24 KB, 268x395) Image search: [Google]
bring them inside.jpg
24 KB, 268x395
>>32040470
What cardio/HIIT can I do to improve my cut without losing muscle? Pls respond
>>
>>32042495
Sprints
>>
I'm trying to lose weight but with my new diet I eat twice the proteins I should according to the trainer at the gym
he also says that all the eccess proteins make it harder to lose weight because the body will burn those first before carbos and fats

I'm sorry I'm really fucking new, is it ok to eat more proteins than I should and low carbohydrates?
>>
File: Kappa2.png (394 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Kappa2.png
394 KB, 1024x1024
>>32042505
wow much explanation very helpfully
>>
>>32042505
How do you do sprints outside without looking like a retard?
>>
>>32042476
Stop saying "tier"
>>
What set/rep range for deadlifts on an ABxABxx push pull routine?
>>
>>32042581
>giving a fuck what the fatties on their couches think

You just sprint, man. If you look retarded doing it, your form might be bad. Otherwise don't worry about it because you'll be getting lean and everyone else will be getting fat.
>>
>>32042581
I do it on the Treadmill increasing the speed.
For example:
Normal peace: 8km/h
Sprinting: 14 km/h
>>
>>32042408
Depends on the deadlift variant and the lifter's proportions. The most important thing is to keep the lumbar spine rigid.

>>32042334
Some people do a bit better performance wise with a small amount of carbohydrate and protein shortly before/during a workout. If your performance is already fine I wouldn't worry too much about it.

>>32042294
Yeah, no.

Outside of very specific circumstances (i.e. very overweight beginners), you're not going to be gaining LBM in a calorie deficit. You're still going to need an energy surplus for tissue synthesis - the pathways for fat oxidation and muscle building are completely different and almost mutually exclusive hormonally.

Even protocols that work around maintenance (Leangains, UD 2.0) incorporate very short alternation of anabolic and catabolic periods.

>>32042242
Neither.

>>32042549
Your trainer is retarded. Protein is fantastic on a calorie deficit, and sure as hell won't burn it before carbs or fat.

The calories that create the deficit should come from carbs or fats, not protein.

>>32042613
Conventionals should always be done in the lower set/rep range IMO.
I'd advocate for doing 1x5 w/support work, or sub conventionals out for Romanians/SLDL instead if you want to do them higher volume.
>>
>>32042579
What the fuck did you expect? You said what cardio/hiit can you do to improve your cut, i answered. maybe be a little more specific as to what you're looking for, a program of some sort?

>>32042581
You're fat aren't you? Don't give a fuck what people think, you're already doing better than 90% of the lazy ass population
>>
Does anyone know the long term health concerns if you would get all your protein only from whey for a long period of time?

Would it be okay to eat 8 scoops of whey per day and not get sick or have anything bad happen to your health?
>>
>>32042579
Take some All-Bran, anon
>>
>>32042653
Thanks, I was kinda worried because I'm eating twice the proteins I "should" after just following the dietary advice I read here or was told to follow (aka eat meat, eggs, fish)
thank you again
>>
>>32042653
so my deadlift position seems to be fine, my lower back doesnt seem to bend at all unless its heavy for me but then its just a slight tiny bent

I only feel my lower back working though, is it due to overdeveloped legs or somethings wrong here?
never feel hamstrings and I got this bad boys real tight
>>
File: 066-077_rick-owens3-596x895.jpg (79 KB, 596x895) Image search: [Google]
066-077_rick-owens3-596x895.jpg
79 KB, 596x895
>>32040470
Guys help, I'm blonde and I keep my head shaved. My facial hair is really undeveloped so I just keep a shadow around my jawline. However, my beard is pretty ginger (actually strawberry blonde), noticeably more than my hair. So I was thinking of dyeing my "beard" with hydrogen preoxide. Should I? Serious.
>>
>>32042768
Deadlift hits hamstrings, but it's not necessarily their primary target. If you want more hamstring/posterior chain work, I'd advocate for using Romanians/SLDLs as a complement to squats instead of conventional DL, unless you're training for strength.
>>
>>32042849
so nothing to worry about if I dont feel hamstrings? because I thought it was a sign of shitty form
>>
File: newer.png (31 KB, 640x602) Image search: [Google]
newer.png
31 KB, 640x602
Posting this again, help is appreciated.

Is this routine any good? Trying to add hypertrophy work into Texas Method. Apparently the 5x8 sets after PR's on intensity day are a bad idea. I've been reading Justin Lasceks' book on TM, since apparently he's a reputable source of info on TM.

My stats:
Squat - 120kg
Bench - 62.5kg
OHP - 50kg
Deadlift - 135kg

>Did SS for 5 months, not getting workout-to-workout gains anymore and I've stalled twice on squats so I'm progressing to TM.
>>
>>32040470
Is it possible to make your shoulders broader, especially if you've never worked out before? I want to put on about 2.5 inches on each side.

Can you trim your waist and build muscle at the same time? If so, how much?
>>
>>32042717
pls respond
>>
I worked my way up to a 315 deadlift but can't do it for consecutive sets yet.

Is there any issue with doing 1 rep, resting a minute or two, then repeating for 5 reps?
>>
>>32042944
>is it possible to make your shoulders broader
Yes and no

Obviously, the main factor is going to be you're bone structure which you can't change, but you can always build bigger shoulders which might make them look slightly broader.
>>
File: 1429743883130.jpg (10 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
1429743883130.jpg
10 KB, 194x259
I deadlift like pic related, maybe a bit lower

is it fine?
>>
Any bros here with gyno or puffy nips?

I'm cutting to 10 from 16 bf but I don't think I can do it in 2 months by losing only 2kg per month so how do you guys work with it on summer?

outside pinching every 5 seconds
>>
Form check pls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic1xF_WUcu8&feature=youtu.be
>>
When i ohp i feel a sharp jolt between my left trap and lat. i dont really feel like the muscles ever activate. Also extending my left elbow is pretty difficult with some weight.

Whats the jolt though? Is it what a pinched nerve feels like?
>>
>get big as fuck
>currently working on cut
>realize I was in better shape when doing stupid PT routines and average diet

I got little to no flexibility on my shoulders & hamstrings
also my resistance went to shit, can barely run anything decent

what the fuck do I do? I'm doing those basic stretches daily starting tomorrow
>>
>>32043049

GTFO now...
>>
>>32042314
Yeah I figured, il wait for the doc opinion before seeing him
But il un France so maybe they handle this differently
>>
Just bought these for when I'm cutting.

Scared by all the DNP shit in the news. I know this isn't the same, but is it safe?

http://ephedra.co.uk/hi-tech-pharmaceuticals-firestarter-with-ephedrine-ecy-stack.html
>>
i havent slept well (<6 hours) in a few days but i really want to work out today, its nothing strenuous but i feel like passing out. is it worth it to do it and maybe go a bit easier or should i just skip it
>>
>take an 1hour nap
>even mored tired

what the fuck
>>
File: 2324113210_e8ddc6636e_z.jpg (84 KB, 640x428) Image search: [Google]
2324113210_e8ddc6636e_z.jpg
84 KB, 640x428
>>32043026
I'm glad I might get at least some leeway.
>>
daily reminder you are cancer, and this thread is the most retarded shitposter haven in all of 4chan
>>
File: laughing_christians.gif (498 KB, 255x235) Image search: [Google]
laughing_christians.gif
498 KB, 255x235
how long can I live on only oatmeal before dying?
>>
File: 1428396657944.jpg (76 KB, 461x639) Image search: [Google]
1428396657944.jpg
76 KB, 461x639
>>32042873
bumping for this.

come the fuck on, please can someone help me? The 5x8 sets after PR's on intensity day are a mistake right? I'd do them on volume day but sounds like too much volume.
>>
>>32043164
I got the same and used it with and without dnp, conclusion I don't Like them.

After about 30min my hands start to shake marti mcfly style and I get this restless feeling but not the good kind like let's rip virgins apart and drink there blood it's more of an I hope I do nothing wrong and every body is looking at me anxiety.
But maybe I am a pussy, you can't really OD on that stuff unless you take the whole bottle ofcourse
.... But I was up To 5-8 a day to battle dnp lethargy
>>
>>32043186
You woke up during REM sleep. You sleep in phases, and if you wake up in the wrong one, you're fucked. Same reason you can sleep for a half hour and feel great.
>>
>>32043110
Depending on how good your PT lead is, they can get you pretty fit. Just lifting weights is pretty limiting, you need other shit too
>>
My dad is fat. Not hamplanet fat but definitely overweight. The thing is, I don't see him eat all that much. He doesn't eat breakfast, maybe has a sandwich for lunch, and a sizable dinner (~1000-1200kcal if I were to guess) every day. He doesn't drink too much, usually a couple of glasses of wine per night. He's also taking estrogen because he has prostate cancer, which everyone is blaming for the weight gain, but I don't see how that alone can be responsible.

Is it possible to gain tons of fat just by taking hormones, what with energy in/out?
>>
>>32043049
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>32043044
Do puffy nips go away if you're lean enough? I've always had them, and I'm working on leaning out right now but I'm still at like ~15%
>>
I think I may have pulled a muscle in my neck the day before yesterday during a workout, it didnt hurt much then but stopped when I felt it. Today my neck is pretty stiff, should I rest today and try tomorrow? Or is it okay to work out?
>>
>>32043732
You'd probably gain a little bit, but if he's really eating that little every day, his body is probably storing everything it possibly can as fat because it's not getting enough energy
>>
>>32043732
Is your dad active most of the day or is he just sitting down? I notice my dad doesn't tend to eat that much yet he is still overweight. I think it's more of a problem when you get older, you tend to lose a lot of muscle mass so your overall calorie expenditure decreases greatly.
>>
>>32043800

Yeah he sits for 95% of the day. Obviously more activity would help but I think he's too lazy to ever commit to anything. Thanks for the reply, I hadn't really considered how sedentary he is.
>>
Why do I have to poop tiny poops so often? I'd rather poop rarer bigger poops.
>>
I noticed that my squats turn into slight good mornings on my last reps during the 2nd and 3rd sets this happens when I do 235lb for 3 sets of 5
What exercises can I do to fix this

Im currently deloaded To 205 and focusing on form but I've deloaded before and every time I reach 235 that same thing happens
>>
Guys I visited snap city so I don't know what good back exercises are without aggravating my back I can't seem to do supermans and exercises alike and we don't have hyper extension machines or whatever they're called

For now I'm only doing ab wheels to strengthen my core but I'm afraid it might cause an imbalance and make the back pain worse
>>
Planning on enlisting for the Army as a Paratrooper as soon as I can pass a drug test.

Spending this month training. Changing my routine a little bit and adding cardio. Lots of it.

I don't enjoy running or jogging. Did some reading and came across the Guerilla Cardio book. Will it actually be beneficial?

>6 minutes warming up
>1. 20 seconds of sprinting at 100%
>2. 20 seconds rest
>repeat steps 1 & 2 for 4 minutes
>Cool down jog

The book has some pretty bold claims, but it seems too good to be true.
>>
How many grams of fat do I need a day to not fuck up my test/joints/ect?
>>
Lets say hypothetically I both squat and bench 2plates. If this were true lets say I would warm for each of them with 1x8 just the bar, and then 1x8 at 1plate. Then I go and add the second plate and do my working sets of 225lbs.

Is this bad the jump of adding 90lbs total? Should I be warming up for different compounds in different ways?
>>
>>32044112
Sounds like a stamina thing where you lose your breath on the last few reps and don't properly activate your core so you end up rocking forward.
Obviously train core but also work your glutes.
>>
>>32044350
myfitnesspal.com
>>
I'm about to start SS after a year of splits. Which program should I be looking at?

>The Original Novice Program
>The Onus Wunsler Program
>The Practical Programming Novice Program
>The Wichita Falls Novice Program
>The Advanced Novice Program
>>
If someone is say 200 lbs with a lot of muscle mass and they lose 50 lbs, how easy is it for them to regain that muscle mass back?
>>
>Back started hurting
>not hugely painful, but it is persistent enough to make this post
>should I continue to lift or do I need to take a break for a little while?

How do I rehab my back as quickly as possible? Pain seems to come where the lower and mid back meet
>>
>>32044697
What exercises would you recommend I'm currently doing SS
>>
>>32044650
Bump
>>
>>32044795
Well for starters it wouldn't be pure muscle thats lost. Regardless it really depends a whole lot on how long you've been lifting to achieve that, whether you're natty, your diet, and whether you're still physically active after you stopped lifting.

Muscle memory is a powerful thing, you'll get back up quicker than someone who just started. Thats why theres the difference between the fat old guy at the gym squatting 2plaet and the average looking old guy squatting less than a plate.
>>
Being dumb trying to workout what to eat.
I'm going to be eating 1600 calories a day with a 40/40/20 split (protein/fat/carbs)
I'll be eating 3 meals a day so each meal would have 53.36g protein, 23.7g fat and 26.6g carbs
I don't care about eating just chicken and broccoli, that's fine with me, but I'm trying to find out what would fit closest to this.
100g chicken breast, 100g broccoli and 100g brown rice would be 500 calories, so 3 meals of that a day would get me to just under 1600 calories but my macros would be completely wrong, what's something like this that would be close to my macros?
>>
When I do lots of pullups, to the point I'm seriously straining to go up, I often feel this really intense, somewhat ticklish feeling in my dick. It feels remarkably good, and I think I piss myself just a bit. Then it kind of hurts for a bit.
>>
>>32044803
Weighted situps and barbell glute/hip thrusts
>>
>>32044803
If you're doing SS and it's working, keep doing SS
>>
File: 1402063174734.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
1402063174734.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
>>32042873
Alright, so nobody has a fucking opinion on this program? Nobody? Not even a half-assed attempt at trolling?

Is it any good for hypertrophy and strength gains? Come the fuck on. I'll bump with a few more information pictures but I seriously at least would like a suggestion as to what can be changed. The 5x8 sets after PR's on intensity day are stupid, so should I do them on monday or is that too much volume to allow recovery?

Any opinion at all is appreciated.
>>
who is scooby1961's husband?
>>
File: 1425176627436.jpg (57 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1425176627436.jpg
57 KB, 426x426
What's a good resource if I want to get started on HIIT and do sprints?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 500x381
First off I'd like to know of a good facial moisturizer that also acts as a sunblock

Secondly what's a good way to keep hair moisturized and not drying out like Asian hair

And lastly how do I unlock father gascoigne mode?
>>
>>32046065
As far as face moisturizers go, nothing beats LabTech. They cost an arm and a leg though.
>>
>>32046059
The road
>>
Will squatting everyday really boost my test?
>>
>>32046224
No.
>>
File: 1425178263777.jpg (77 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
1425178263777.jpg
77 KB, 500x714
>>32046059
Anyone?
>>
What are some good calisthenics routines? Do they incorporate stretching as well?
>>
is it normal for my wrist to increase in size after months of lifting? when I started they were 6' and now they are 6.5' I thought they were supposed to stay at the same size for your whole life.
>>
>>32040924
Brows porn between sets for maximum testosterone
>>
My traps hurt after squatting
Am i doing something wrong?
>>
>>32046059
what do you mean? hiit is pretty self-explanatory
>>
So I am cutting right now, and recovering from a foot injury. I read about Catabolism and Anabolism.

If I want to recover through my foot injury, should I bulk instead? I dont want to deprive my body of calories and protein is could be using to fix up my foot.
>>
>>32046588
There's no way out brah. Just stay off your foot and let your body rest. Consider eating more protein but it's got to recover on its own time.
>>
File: hugeblaha.jpg (18 KB, 342x392) Image search: [Google]
hugeblaha.jpg
18 KB, 342x392
Is this blaha pic shopped? If not, why the fuck so his abs look so weird?
>>
File: 2015-04-22_21-26-03.png (1 KB, 239x38) Image search: [Google]
2015-04-22_21-26-03.png
1 KB, 239x38
HOW DO I EVEN RESPOND SHIT
>>
File: 1413303528217.png (436 KB, 489x609) Image search: [Google]
1413303528217.png
436 KB, 489x609
I don't have access to a pull-up bar. Will I hit my back enough from overhead presses and dumbbell rows, or should I incorporate barbell rows as well?
>>
>>32047030
"Depends, how about you and I go to the archaeology exhibit because I've got a lot of bones to show you ;^)"
>>
File: IMAG1626.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1626.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
What's a good workout for a very skinny female with almost no muscles to speak of? I want to be able to lift things.
>>
>>32047030
>Fuck no you skank, you aren't getting 50% of my shit for free
That's how
>>
>>32047092
SS, read the sticky, LONDON, etc.
>>
>>32047110
>SS, read the sticky, LONDON, etc.
>tfw /fit/ in literally less than 5 words
>>
>>32047092

Sex
>>
>>32047169
read the sticky is 3 words
you mean 5 phrases
>>
Is just doing bodyweight okay for parkour? It's not like I'm going to be picking up anything larger than 150 lbs (I'm 120 now, going down to 113-115 ish)

I can already do 30-40 atg squats in a sitting, around 10 one handed pushups for either side if I balance myself out, and have done 35 or so pushups in a minute.

I used to go to the gym too, but just haven't been able to balance my life and school.
>>
>>32047092
hey you look cute let's go out
>>
>>32047200
yee
>>
>>32047210
>>32047177
Picture of arm = boyfriend applications
-4chan
>>
>>32042214
Break up

No sex in a relationship is unhealthy, if she doesn't wanna fuck you then she's gonna dump you very soon.

Dump her first, it's the only way to either change her mind or come out on top.

You should be fucking like rabbits erryday

I fuck my gf every time I see her, if she's in the mood or not.
>>
>>32047232
It's amazing how you can tell if someone is new or not.
>>
What's the difference between a hypertrophy routine and a strength routine? Let's say I'm eating at a surplus of 500 calories. Why wouldn't the routine that makes me the strongest not also make me the biggest? And why would a routine that implies muscle mass gain not make me as strong as a "strength" routine?
>>
>>32046424
Do the one of SMA Chandler

[spoiler]if you can[/spoiler]
>>
>>32047245
I mean, with that caloric surplus, do LESS of those calories go to building muscle on a strength routine than they would on a hypertrophy routine?
>>
>>32047092
same shit as anyone else, Do SS/SL, eat, read the fucking sticky you cunt.
>>
>>32042944
Not that I know. I guess you could build wider lats though, I'm pretty sure that would make them look wider.
>>
>>32040845
Don't feel like posting links but a search will do: "Buff Dudes <compound exercise you want to look up>". I learned my compounds from them and return to them every now and then to check my form.

Also, remember that noob routines are taxing as fuck, they're meant to take advantage of your noobgains to make you lift a shitload in no time, and it might be possible that your body is not on par with your exected growth. No worries, just focus on your form and remember to fail a rep instead of half-assing it.
>>
File: 1402711090729.jpg (880 KB, 2236x1038) Image search: [Google]
1402711090729.jpg
880 KB, 2236x1038
>>32042873
One more bump then I'll repost it in another thread. Can someone PLEASE give some insight on this program? Has anyone had any luck adding hypertrophy work into the stock Texas Method program?
>>
File: bd2dd3b1be8ef4be5b676bb62d106b39.jpg (458 KB, 1637x1767) Image search: [Google]
bd2dd3b1be8ef4be5b676bb62d106b39.jpg
458 KB, 1637x1767
>>32041054
Unless you're doing Crossfit you should most definitely rack the bar between exercises. You're supposed to rest 2-5 minutes between sets.

>>32041268
Very much so.
>>
>>32041309
Squeeze your ass, clench your core and don't goodmorning your squat (i.e. don't lean forward). The bar's trajectory should be as vertical as possible.
>>
>>32041374
Milk is not bad. They say it is because of some dubious study made in China or something like that which turned out to be full of shit.
>>
File: 1429604195470.png (77 KB, 899x893) Image search: [Google]
1429604195470.png
77 KB, 899x893
How do I find my working weight after a long hiatus from lifting?

Should I just start at like let's say 1 plate for deadlift then add 10 lbs each rep until it gets difficult to keep good form? And for like squat and stuff add 10lbs each set?

Would that work gud enuff?
>>
File: 1358397512046.jpg (41 KB, 720x522) Image search: [Google]
1358397512046.jpg
41 KB, 720x522
Whenever I do push ups, I feel like this pulse coarse through my right arm, it doesn't hurt or anything, but it is kind of freak. Recently started feeling it in my left arm as well. Only when I am exerting myself super hard though.
>>
>>32041968
Pretty sure the weight was way too light to have caused any back injury. And yes, if you just feel plain ordinary DOMS on your back then you're fine.
>>
File: Tomoko tomando café.png (595 KB, 734x708) Image search: [Google]
Tomoko tomando café.png
595 KB, 734x708
>>32042066
>3 sets of 12 reps of deadlifts
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK

IS HE A CROSSFAG DOING GREG GLASSMAN'S MOST RETARDED WOD OR WHAT THE FUCK

YOU'RE NEVER SUPPOSED TO DO MORE THAN A SINGLE SET OF DEADLIFTS AT WORKING WEIGHT
>>
>>32043060
I kinda believe it could be shoulder impingement caused by doing OHP with elbows bent sideways instead of forward.
>>
>>32044712
Depends on whether the PTs at your gym know their shit. The ones that have powercleans if they do, the ones that have rows if they're just slightly ripped dudes from a lifetime of playing sports who know jack shit about lifting.
>>
>>32046059
Start out by doing 5 minutes of medium intensity warm up, then 3 HIIT sets of 30 seconds at top intensity and 2 minutes of rest. Increase sets as you start feeling not destroyed afterwards.
>>
>>32042066
Training for that dere Kaioken.
>>
>>32048253
I don't think putting your hypertrophy on intensity day would be a good idea. It would rob you away the energy you need to do the heavy lifts. Put it on light day and make it more like hypertrophy day.
>>
>>32048325
What I did after a month of not lifting for shit was starting with 2/3 of my previous weight. That's how I found out my 3pl8 squat had regressed to 2pl8.
>>
>>32043404
Hmmm. Thanks. I might just take it on a day when I'm not speaking to anyone.
>>
>>32048599
Eh, it's been so long I doubt I could start off with 2/3rds of my previous working weight, I think I'll just do my idea.

I wish i didn't stop lifting for so long ;-; I'd probably be in a good spot right now
>>
>>32048563
wouldn't that ruin my ability on intensity day then?
>>
Just woke up and I'm typing this as I eat my eggs

I have this weird pain in my right knee, its on the right side
it comes and goes away, if I touch, walk, squat doesnt feel anything

what is this? I've been squatting atg heavy months(since last year) and never had problems
>>
>tfw havent lost weight for 1 whole week
>june is already here

will I save up that time lost if I do more than 500 deficit today and tomorrow?
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.