[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best martial art to get in shape? Also general martial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Dolph-Lundgren-Kick-07.jpg (88 KB, 804x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dolph-Lundgren-Kick-07.jpg
88 KB, 804x1000
Whats the best martial art to get in shape? Also general martial art thread.
>>
boxing
>>
Muay thai/kickboxing. Boxing is good, but boxers usually tend to have chicken legs, despite needing lower body strength to generate as much punching power as possible.

BJJ can help with balance, dexterity, grip strength and will help you make the most of whatever size you have by using leverage.
>>
>>31963295
Judo and other grappling sports where you have to fling roughly your own body weight around.
>>
>>31963295
Grappling arts, especially in sparring. You use every muscle group as a single machine. Feels good man.
>>
BJJ got me in the best shape of my life.
>>
>>31963295
Jeet kune do?
>>
>>31963295
According to the compendium of physical activities, the MET or metabolic equivalent for martial arts is as follows.

12.8 boxing, in ring, general
5.5 boxing, punching bag
7.8 boxing, sparring
5.3 martial arts, different types, slower pace, novice performers, practice
10.3 martial arts, different types, moderate pace (e.g., judo, jujitsu, karate, kick boxing, tae kwan do, tai-bo, Muay Thai boxing)

So boxing, even just the heavy bag, is better.
>>
File: bo.webm (3 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
bo.webm
3 MB, 640x640
>ctrl+f bojutsu
>no results

pleb
>>
All cardio is cardio.

Practically speaking, the best martial arts to learn are boxing and BJJ
>>
>>31965863
I would have to agree. My friend stopped powerlifting and just does BJJ now. It's been 2 years and he is ripped as fuck. And can consistently choke out bitches in 2.7 seconds...
>>
>>31966067
Also,
6.0 wrestling (one match = 5 minutes)
>>
>>31966072
how to achieve body
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (88 KB, 410x676) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
88 KB, 410x676
>>31966153
zumba twice a week
>>
>>31964280
>boxers usually tend to have chicken legs, despite needing lower body strength to generate as much punching power as possibl
they have the legs they need in order to be the best possible boxers. chicken legs are the mid point between generating power and being fast and slick. if not, pro boxers would have bodybuilders thighs. they dont even have bodybuilders arms. having loads of muscle mass and being able to fight are not the same thing
>>
>>31966153
mostly body weight exercises
>>
>>31966289
My routine at the moment is

Chin-ups: 5x8
Push-ups: 4x10
Curls: 4x20
Plank: 30secondsx3, 15 seconds break each time
Sitting dips: 3 sets of 30
Crunches: 3x25

Am I good or fucked.
>>
>>31966628
don't listen to
>>31966289

You could do just bodyweight excercises, but the easiest way is going to the gym and doing a bodybuilding split ( if you don't give a fuck about strenght)
>>
>>31966072
that was pretty fking cool
>>
>>31966072
That was so stupid
>>
>>31966072
that was average
>>
>>31966072
that was somewhere between average and cool
>>
>>31966761
>>31966775
>>31966815
>>31966826
I disagree!
>>
>martial art
>>>/asp/
>get sin shape
Fuck yourself. Read the sticky.
>>
>>31963295

Forget your conventional faggotry and get on the edge

https://youtu.be/bOcl7JVJsh0
>>
>>31966072
That was pretty alright but not overly impressive
>>
>>31966702
why do a split and fuck your joints when you can just do bodyweight? that body is achievable with bodyweight and its not going to take years to achieve either.
>>
>>31966072
How do you learn to do that?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.