[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you find getting aesthetic / bigger makes people act more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11
File: 3910154-7134692461-20823.jpg (329 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3910154-7134692461-20823.jpg
329 KB, 1280x720
Do you find getting aesthetic / bigger makes people act more positively or negatively towards you ?

Do you have any stories of either of these situations ?
>>
I want Ragnar's/Bjorn's hair

too bad I'm in the army
>>
>>31951030
this series is G.O.A.T.
Ragnar's bromance with Athelstan is so beautiful.
>>
People are much nicer to me the more fit I become.

Men respect me, women converse with me.

As a manlet, training is of the utmost importance.
>>
>>31951309
athelstan is kill
>>
>>31950588
people are generally nicer i feel like
>>
Let me put it this way OP I was a 10/10 before I started lifting and now I'm a 11/10.
>>
If you are fat yes
If you are twig thin yes
If you are already decently sized then you will probably see the least improvement in how u are treated

Ofc it goes without saying its a bell curve, and too jacked people tend to be slightly ostracized
>>
>>31950588
I live in NY. All of my friends get fucked with regularly on the subway.

I'm not that tough, and I've never been in a fight. But I'm 6'2" 190lbs. Nobody ever fucks with me.
>>
People i don't even know nod to me when i pass by, im not even that big
>>
>>31950588
people move out of my way more often lmao and are more nicer but my friends are jelly af
>>
Women (except fat women with beta boyfriends for some reason) all respond better to me. Not sure if it's the confidence I have gained or if they just naturally talk more submissively to me now I'm big and good looking.

Most men are more respectful. Though there is also more random chavs trying to start shit for no reason at all on nights out. Just trying to prove themselves I guess.
>>
I get a compliment here and there form both sexes but I'm not sure if I'm treated "better".
Sometimes I suspect girls are more intimidated by me and I'm not sure if it's because I look really good or because I look scary.
Other times I feel that dudes are less friendly because they think I'm a douche or something.
I try to be careful not to make assumptions.
>>
>>31951404
this, pretty much sums my entire experience. 4 years lifting, put on 60lbs
>>
I'm 6'0, 200, 18% bf and bearded. In public literally everyone will apologize to me for the slightest infraction(bumping into me). People will go out of there way to try to be nicer to me. Fat, chubby, and average girls fucking love me for no reason. If I cut I suspect this will apply to a hotter variety of women.
>>
>>31951468
what's your weight and height?
>>
>>31951335
yeah, and the episodes after it are heartbreaking.

when Ragnar carries him to the mountain top, talks up to heaven to him.
being sad he couldn't help keep him safe, expressing his loneliness and
how he trusts no-one but Athelstan.

then in Paris when he's lying on the grass, looking up, talking to him

and finally when he baptizes himself so he can meet his friend in the afterlife.
it's so beautiful, so much emotions.
>>
How could Ragnar denounce his gods and get baptised in the Christian faith?
>>
>>31951309
Applestand was a savage Christbro,
Their bromance was GOAT, even after Floki had his way
>>
>>31950588
here you have motivation, 400 - 250 pounds and
people started being much nicer around him.

Leeman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vr8bZxlWuM
>>
>>31951594
actually dieted to 235 lb, my mistake
>>
>>31951370
>All of my friends get fucked with regularly on the subway.
your friends are doing it wrong. I'm complete DYEL and no one ever fucks with me on the subway
>>
Men treat me with more respect unless they are betamax tumblrrs, who assume that I'm a sociopath womanizing murderer.

Sorority girls will occasionally talk to me now without asking for the answers to homework. I go to a lot of punk shows in the area and when I was ottermode early last year, a lot of the girls there were more attracted to me b/c they dont trust guys who lift more than minimum. Now I'm 5'10" 185lbs and around 13% BF and the kind of women I attract has changed somewhat.
>>
>>31951818
>the kind of women I attract has changed somewhat
Could you elaborate?
>>
File: Your Gods might object.jpg (253 KB, 720x1619) Image search: [Google]
Your Gods might object.jpg
253 KB, 720x1619
>>31951550
>>
>>31952010
It used to be that I only really attracted girls who were really into art/music/drug culture because they have different ideas about what makes men attractive, i.e. skinny, some visible muscle but not much, good hair/style. Now more normies like me because I have noticeably more muscle mass than when I weighed 145lbs. I also dress a lot more casually since a lot of my more fashionable clothes no longer fit as well. A lot of the girls that used to like me are automatically less interested in guys who wear t-shirts and soccer pants, but that's just what feels more comfortable now.
>>
Fiance wants more D, no one else gives a great flying fuck
>>
Girls deff more positively to me, talking to me and shit, feels good man :)
>>
>>31951578
see >>31951550

>Ragnar baptizes himself so he can meet his friend Athelstan in the afterlife.
>>
>>31951578

check out this:
>>31952036
>>
>>31951505
Lol this

The apologizing for nothing thing is funny

Its like everyones always trying to make sure i remain calm and dont roid rage flip a table or something

Little do they know im a complete sheltered pussy
>>
>>31952036
beautiful, man. imagine having a friendship like that.

It's like being married to a man and having a platonic relationship.

haha, or just a companion in life. sounds a bit homo yah but
everyone's got that one best buddy.
>>
>>31952036
so many feels during this scene, dammit history channel
>>
>>31951505
>>31953802

post pics you guys. I'm6 foot, 200 pounds, 18% too,
yeah, really, no beard though,
and I've never encountered this.
>>
Positively. People never looked at me or were nice to me all my life. Then I got fuckin aesthetic and people suddenly were nice to me and talked to me and smiled and shit. wtf is that
>>
>>31953802
Ahahaha

I have people apologizing all the time to me for nothing as well and I find it very perplexing - they don't have any idea how calm and patient I am.

I'm not super tall or buff but I'm significantly larger than alot of the other males I see walking around and I can only assume people are trying to keep me calm so I dont go on a rampage with my hands and snap everyones neck (fucking lol)
>>
>>31953822
>tfw hoping you cross paths with your very own Applestand ;-;
>>
File: 20150321_182341.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150321_182341.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>31953839
I think the beard adds to it

Plus i have a resting bitch face
>>
>>31950588

The bigger and leaner I get, the better I get treated.

Srs, people who picked on me in the past look down when making eye contact me. Women who I knew would never think about being with me I catch glancing at me. I get compliments out of the blue. In college when I walk in the classroom door heads turn towards me, even the teacher gives a courteous nod.

I'm 245 at 6'0 and it's amazing.

Being the socially awkward fuck I am I never noticed this until some friends pointed it out to me that motherfuckers won't bat an eye at me and women are eating me alive.

It boosted my confidence 10 fold, but I'm not really the kind of guy that goes around peacocking so fine by me.
>>
Getting broader and standing up straighter from it makes people treat you with more respect, like everyone itt is saying.

But the real power comes when you drop weight and get your face/jaw lean and pronounced. Your smile becomes a D E V I L I S H charm tool, and making people relax and trust you becomes easy as hell.
>>
>>31954013
upper body looks swole as fuck! I must have higher fat percentage afterall because
I'm way smaller. those arms and shoulders surely scare people :D
>>
File: ragnar.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ragnar.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>31952036

>tfw no bro
>>
>>31954210
>:DDDDD
>>
>>31950588
People at university fear me
and my old friends hate me or envy me
Life is good.
>>
This shit about getting more respect and being more liked is motivating as fuck. Feeling more confident and girls finding you more attractive sounds nice and all, but getting a free leap up the social ladder from being fit is something I really can't afford to miss out on, considering how often social status ends up determining things like income and quality of life.
>>
>tfw shit beard genetics
>>
>driving in car earlier
>stop at traffic lights
>15/16 year old girl walks past on the pavement in the same direction i'm going
>swivels her head as she walks past and stares me in the eye
>keeps staring for what must have been 4 or 5 seconds whilst walking backwards

that shit didn't happen when i was a skelly that's for sure. don't know what it was about tho
>>
>>31951030
Basically no profession out of professional athlete could have that cut and keep their job,
>>
>>31950588
Generally, in day to day life, I feel people act more positively toward me. However, I have also lost some friends simply because they have evolved their opinion of me negatively. Sour grapes.
>>
>>31954423
Those werent true bros to begin with then
>>
>>31951309

>this series is G.O.A.T.
Maybe, if you can ignore all the historical inaccuracies.
>>
File: 1411651867230.jpg (63 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
1411651867230.jpg
63 KB, 402x402
>>31954761

>Watching a tv show to learn about history

Everyone laugh at the nerd.
>>
>>31954869
Can't help it. My autism makes all the stuff that's wrong stand out like a black Jew in Finland.
>>
>>31954413
Degenerate/shit jobs like tattoo artist could pull it off
>>
>>31954413
maybe engineering job? when you have
respectable clothes along with it?

if it looks good, it's okay, if you look like a teenage
emo tumblerina then ofc it's a problem
>>
>>31954904
list some things they got wrong, I'm interested
>>
i used to be a semi-fatty and my best friend is a true fatty and he has grown autistically angered by my progress to the point to where now he wont hang out with me after i started getting mired and decent looking. feels bad man i miss that bro.
>>
>>31954904
what are the absolute biggest flaws? "this language sounds bad" bullshit?
or the siege of paris?
>>
>>31950588
Double edged sword really
PROS:
>more confident
>people look to me as a natural leader
>people as a whole are more likely to try and start talking to you
>girls notice you more
>guys will ask you about your routine/nutrition
>people generally find you more interesting because you go out and do things
Confidence from becoming fit helped a lot with my job at the time (customer service during uni) and I would argue that the experience I gained from that helped me stand out when I went for a real job.

CONS:
>people start shit with you to try and prove shit
>mad jelly DYEL guys who excuse anything you achieve because they can't do it with "but you are a fitness freak" or something
>you can get shit from people who aren't fit at all to justify their own little worlds
>sometimes labelled a "meat head" or stupid for no reason other than being bigger than others
Negatives are few and far between but they will try hard to be noticed by you.
>>
>>31955010
>>31954949
Hold on, I'm looking for a video I found about this subject a while ago.
>>
>>31955200
Screw it, I can't find it. Here are two others that make a couple of good points though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6gQK5uA5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qcQ0GaJ0EU
>>
>>31951818
There are punx on /fit/?

That's actually really interesting though, what sort of women do you attract now? It seems like the more fit I've gotten the more women are 'mirin in general, including the skater/hc girls. That being said, the dudes in the other bands either strictly compliment me or tease me now.
>>
>>31955249
who gives a shit about clothes?!! they're not
wearing knights armor, they're wearing fucking
leather. maybe they didn't use leather for clothes,
but they knew how to make leather at least,
so let them wear it. it looks better on T
than a night gown.
>>
>>31954949
Not him but most of the main characters are from different time periods
>>
People that knew me before lifting have seen the changes and make comments. Had some serious mirroring by both sexes. In fact one guy kissed at me today in gym lol no homo
>>
>>31954013
Heres me w clothes at 6'2

I get so much undeserved respect from blue collar guys
>>
File: 20150417_180317.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150417_180317.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>31956140
fuck im baked #420smokeit
>>
>>31954013
Daddy
>>
File: 1425669155519.jpg (18 KB, 394x438) Image search: [Google]
1425669155519.jpg
18 KB, 394x438
>>31956204
What?
>>
>>31956149
nice koala pic on ur wall bro
>>
>>31954344

It's not free, you earned it.
>>
>>31950588
My friends who don't lift are jelly as fuck, but thats also probably because I don't waste as much time with them as I used to.

I also notice that when I make eye contact with women then tend to smile or look down at the floor in submission, as opposed to cringing or sticking their nose in the air like they used to.
>>
>>31950588
>tfw you'll never have piercing blue eyes like Travis Fimmel that shine when your face is covered in blood after driving an axe in another man's face.

Why even live bros?
>>
File: 1424661223343.png (703 KB, 522x579) Image search: [Google]
1424661223343.png
703 KB, 522x579
>>31954281
>>
File: 1382966077797.png (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1382966077797.png
67 KB, 500x500
>>31952036
a manly tear was shed during this scene bros. Not ashamed to admit it.
>>
>>31950588
I'd say people, especially ones that I have known through my transformation, have more of a negativity confusion towards me.

They always tend to ask why I lift, that it doesn't matter.

I always tell them that I do it for me, and that is all that matters.

They still tend to seem disgusted or most likely mirin'.
>>
File: 20150324_165711.jpg (201 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20150324_165711.jpg
201 KB, 1280x960
>>31956790
>feels good
>>
>>31950588
are those eyes real? nohomo
>>
>>31956790
>tfw have eyes exactly like him
>based scandinavian genes
Travis actually uses lenses though, he said so himself.
>>
>>31950588

If you lift and are aesthetics try to act more humble and approachable.

Good looking guys who are arrogant are only attractive to good looking sluts who are into bad boys.
>>
>>31952758

That's awesome, man. Good job.
>>
I'm 6'2 and have always competed at and succeeded different sports, but I was always pretty skinny and never really lifted weights properly. Never more than 170 lb. I did very well in school and was placed in higher education since I was in grade 4, so naturally, I was quiet and kind of shy when off the field/court.

After starting uni, with no more focus on sports, I started lifting. I made huge gains as a beginner and shot up to 190, now I sit around 210.
Since getting bigger, I just kind of feel people looking at me and notice that there is just a kind of respect given to me. Tough to describe. I think people didn't really see me as another man before, but they sure as hell do now
>tfw mother still treats me like a kid and questions my strength

Also, lots of people notice changes and say the typical 'woah you got big' and the like
>>
>>31950588
i guess it's pretty much 100% clear cut with girls, guys it's kinda mixed
with guys i would always get along pretty well with whoever, i could make friends pretty easily, normal young person shit. now i've gotten fit my guy friends are all positive about it, but with dudes i meet they either perceive me as being really "cool" or alpha or whatever and make an effort to be friends with me, or they're really shitty and defensive, presumably out of feeling threatened or jealous or whatever
with girls, normal girls are friendlier and i do occasionally see spaghetti, something i'd literally only seen once in my life before, but the (usually ugly/fat/both) selfrighteous SJW types invariably despise me the moment they meet me
>>
>tfw same height as Bjorn
>tfw same weight too
>tfw it seems like he's much bigger than me

I just wanna make it
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.