[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /fit/, is there anything in the sticky you personally don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x442
So /fit/, is there anything in the sticky you personally don't agree with?
>>
idk I've never read it
>>
>>31936886

Didn't read it, but apparently it says that cardio and eating less in general won't tone your body.
>>
I can't read
>>
what is a sticky
>>
>>31936886
there's a sticky?
>>
>>31936928
It doesn't.
>>
Yes. The emphasis on counting calories and the myth about "starvation mode" for eating a greater-than-500-calorie deficit. Starvation mode happens under prolonged periods of very, very low calorie consumption. Short-term fasting can actually be beneficial and doesn't destroy muscle tissue.
>>
File: 1424097583813.gif (423 KB, 350x404) Image search: [Google]
1424097583813.gif
423 KB, 350x404
>>31936886
Sticky is outdated with shit exercises and broscience and dosent include the stuff some are even training for.
>>
doing SS as a beginner
>>
>>31937470
>Starting Strength
>not for beginners
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 302x646) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 302x646
>>31936886
The cardio is %100 accurate.
SS is a good routine
Starvation is bad! Starvation does not equal IF.
Eating clean is good for health
The rest is general and useful information for beginners

The sticky is the best written fitness advice on this planet.
Newbies tend not to buy into authority and typically do not follow the sticky properly and cry and bitch when they don't get the results they expected from not doing the program.
They lurk online forums and give out advice based off their experiences in 12 weeks of lifting, and they believe their word is more legitimate over a professionally written guideline for beginners, which is obviously dumbed down.

Debate me
>>
we can never write a sticky everyone agrees on. there's simply too many unanswered questions regard diet and exercise, lots of poor quality/conflicting studies and experts giving conflicting advice. the sticky explains the fundamentals. that should be its main goal, and I think it does a pretty good job of it. people can worry about the details when they get to the level where details matter, but most people never even get there.
>>
I can't see the sticky for some reason
>>
I tried to read it 2 times, these 2 times I did not finish reading it because of all the nonsense shit.
THE STICKY IS A TROLL!
>>
>>31936886
never read the sticky but I have qualms with a few well accepted things
> fasted cardio is great for fat loss
fasted cardio can be detrimental to maintaining muscle imo
> anyone who claims to be cutting on >3000 calories
stfu
> IIFYM
stfu
> fruit
stfu
>>
>>31936886
going to read it now brb
>>
>>31936928
It's diet bro
>>
>>31936928
>tone
>>
>>31937640
> IIFYM
what do you have against it?
>>
>>31937714
You can't get toned eating junk food.
>>
>>31937863
You can thought, and I've done it as have countless others.

>using the word toned...
>>
When did "tone" become a meme? Also, I don't get it and are not kekking over it.
>>
>>31937567
this

the sticky is a proper source
>>
>>31938057

"Toning" is just "Losing fat and gaining muscle".

/fit/ gets irrationally mad because most people that don't lift think you can "tone" by just dieting and doing cardio.
>>
The "no benefits for fasted cardio" the sticky only lists one shitty old source for it. And there are a ton of benefits for doing it.
>>
>>31936886
Congrats OP you have found the ultimate bait

Anyway I can't remember what the sticky says on the subject, but overall bulking/cutting are overemphasized on this noodle swapmeet fitness dinner.

Recomp is not magic, if you weigh 180 as a skinnyfat you can just eat maintenance and lift hard, and you will lose fat and gain muscle while staying the same weight. It's only if you're trying to go under 10% bfat or so where you really need to deliberately cut.

Doing this is much faster than bulking and cutting, cutting reduces muscle growth, and bulking can't increase muscle growth rate beyond the level that you achieve eating maintenance (above 10% bfat of course). You're just spinning your wheels if you bulk/cut, putting on unnecessary fat and taking it off again over and over.

The whole reason bodybuilders bulk/cut is because they go so low in bfat for competition. Maintaining 3% bodyfat for a long time just isn't feasible.

For fatties/skelies, pick your goal weight, find your maintaince for if you weighed that much, and eat that much. Forever. Much simpler, far better results.
>>
>>31938310
Addendum: Obviously if you want to get heavier you need to eat over maintenance (see the last part), but if you are over 10% bodyfat I wouldn't even bother. You'll gain muscle either way.
>>
Starvation mode.
Like fuck off with this shit, if starvation mode were a real concern why aren't anorexic chicks fat?
>>
>>31937567
>Debate me
No need for that faggot. See >>31938086

Also
>"me"
>wanting this much attention.
>>
>>31936886
it recommends insane amount of protein when cutting. rest is kinda ok
>>
>>31938357
>>31938310
Wrong, recomp will take longer which is why it's advised to bulk and cut in the first place.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.