[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: consider-the-following[1].jpg (25 KB, 300x301) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following[1].jpg
25 KB, 300x301
Why do people go out of their way to get calories from carbs when at best they are an inferior energy source and you don't need them for anything except maybe small amounts for optimal high intensity exercise and at worst they are toxic depending on your genetic tolerance to them?
>>
Cheap. Taste good. They literally allowed human civilization to develop as we could meet the calorific needs to maintain a large stationary population.
>>
Maybe because the healthiest populations in the world have consumed a mostly high carb, low animal food diet.

Quit yer bitchin' and eat your carbs, OP. The good kind.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (41 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
41 KB, 528x404
>C6H1206

>Makes sugar daddies taste good on a stick

>C6H1206

>Gives young men something good to lick

>C6H1206

>quick burning energy, just like a drug.

>C6H1206

>uh oh i gave my aunt an hug

>C6H1206

>glorious glucose, i love you to death

>C6H1206

>the only thing stronger is crystal meth

>C6H1206

>i like to consume you as much as i can

>C6H1206

>you make everyone want to get in the van

>C6H1206

>this poem of sugar will never be heard

>C6H1206

>so i'll end by saying, cottage cheese, small curd
>>
>>35398951
>Vegan Lies 101
>>
>>35398409
It's because carbs are more abundant and can be produced much more efficiently.

Can you imagine our world right now sustaining the entire population on meat alone?
>>
>>35399282
those lies just happen to be true tho
>>
>>35399426
Then how come people who have ACTUALLY travelled around the world such as Weston Price and studied says the healthiest populations get most of their calories from animal foods. I'd trust people like him over some vegan blogger with an agenda
>>
>>35399396
Everyone would be lean as fuck
>>
>>35399396
yeah, healthy fat wouldn't enter into this either

fucking halfwit
>>
File: 1313195674631.jpg (24 KB, 599x579) Image search: [Google]
1313195674631.jpg
24 KB, 599x579
>>35398951
>low animal food diet
fuck off reddit, so many vegan cunts on here now
>>
people consume carbs because they enjoy inflammation and having their skin age twice as fast.
>>
>>35398409
>Why do people go out of their way to get calories from carbs
They don't. If anything it's the other way around.

>at best they are an inferior energy source
Flat-out wrong. If anything it's the other way around.

Congratulations, you got everything wrong.
>>
>>35400971
tell me which carbs an indian was eating in north america 600 years go ?
>>
>>35401037
It doesn't matter what somebody ate in North America 600 years ago. It changes nothing. Eskimos eat almost nothing but meat. Millions of people on Earth eat almost nothing but rice. Neither fact proves anything.

Carbs in the form of glycogen are the body's prefered fuel source for high intensity work (i.e. lifting)
Cabs in the form of blood glucose are the prefered fuel source of the nervous system.

These are facts. Regardless of what Indians used to eat.
>>
You need carbs if you run every single day, otherwise you'll feel like you're dying after a while.

You can get what you need from oatmeal and some fruit though.
>>
>>35401235
Also, going no carb or low carb is only helpful if you're sedentary and don't move around a lot. Otherwise you're just depriving yourself of an energy source.
>>
>>35401037
> Native American you inbred faggot
Corn was the most popular food among native Americans and is packed with carbs.
>>
>>35401037
There wasn't a single Indian in North America 600 years ago.
>>
>>35402264
Is this some sort of brohistory or are you trying to autistically differentiate between "Native Americans" and people from the country of India?
>>
>>35401278
>Also, going no carb or low carb is only helpful if you're sedentary and don't move around a lot.

This. But if you're fat, you didn't get there by running anyways.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.