[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/PLG/ Powerlifting General.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: blevins.jpg (64 KB, 1213x229) Image search: [Google]
blevins.jpg
64 KB, 1213x229
Welcome to /PLG/ Powerlifting General. Primarily for the purpose of becoming a better athlete on the platform, but general strength issues also discussed.

>non lewd edition

Post progress, PR's, meet videos, sexy lifts, or anything strength training related!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P-_gNDvxcr6iiXSXvW0AHkN5-xpulB1oAU-V8IXzXUY/edit?usp=sharing
>>
First for literally everybody is stronger sumo if they learn how to do it properly
>>
Having a wnak
>>
>>31640345
Don't worry too much man, it's not a huge deal. Chances are you aren't even as heavy as you need to be in order to be competitive anyway, so a recomp at this stage followed by some further bulking is probably in order.

Nothing wrong with a bit of extra blub, and use summer as a motivation to engage full sick kunt mode
>>
File: goingtobed.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
goingtobed.webm
1 MB, 854x480
tbh lads going to bed
>>
Easy way to know bodyfat? also, anyone else feel pain when not flexing their abs/core? every time i stop flexing i just feel like i cant breath nearly enough and extreme pressure kind of pain.
>>
>>31640383
Jesus fucking Christ what the fuck
>>
who started the lads meme

>>31640383
jesus fuck lad
>>
>>31640253
>implying you're not a dude
>>
>>31640369
Do you think i should continue to cut
>>
File: genetics.gif (400 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
genetics.gif
400 KB, 500x329
>>31640352
yeah, nah.
>>
Guys, what would you suggest for bench accessories on candito's 6 week program? Horizontal pressing with dumbells fucking sucks.
>>
>>31640383
why would you do that
>>
mamabear pleeeeeease post some naughty pics :(
>>
>>31640438
>if they learn how to do it properly
No offense, you're stronger than I'll probably ever be, but you can't even low bar properly you have no chance in hell to learn sumo properly
>>
>>31640383
Holy fucking shit
Sorry I laughed I'm so sorry Praying 2 god 4 forgiveness

goodnite anon u fucked up piece of shit saving this onto your computer
>>
File: 14925033352_1512ea9480_z.jpg (80 KB, 640x339) Image search: [Google]
14925033352_1512ea9480_z.jpg
80 KB, 640x339
>>31640352
>>31640438

>>31640439
Overhead work? I know the current meme is specificity but plenty of people who outbench me by a mile swear by overhead work.

At any rate, see pic >>31639706
>>
>>31640460
Post dat booty girl
>>
File: plgalingmentv2.jpg (670 KB, 3600x2200) Image search: [Google]
plgalingmentv2.jpg
670 KB, 3600x2200
>>31640352
I agree, actually.

Except, apparently, Mike Tuchscherer
>>
>>31640459
dude. thats what i'm getting at lol.

I legitimately do not believe that every one can sumo correctly do to morphology.

I am going to go on a FAR out limb and say that I am not capable of learning it.

Therefore, i am NOT better at sumo.
>>
>>31640383

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1417217933488.jpg (53 KB, 470x483) Image search: [Google]
1417217933488.jpg
53 KB, 470x483
>>31640494
I want to see those hands spread
>>
>>31640486
My biggest pet peeve is that Gibbs doesn't pull sumo
His conventional form is horrendous and he's got a build VERY well suited to sumo deadlifting
>>
>>31640486
>I agree, actually.
are you going to switch or consider switching ever? or does old man wilks still have his leash around you
>>
>enabling the fag that trips as mamabear
>>
>>31640494

what do boobs feel like

others can answer too if they like

sparrow

bodorio

norsefat
>>
>>31640491
Well you make a fair point, I should've said excluding those with anatomical limitations
>>
>>31640518
I'll probably switch when I try equipped lifting. Deadlift suits help sumo more. I pulled a fatigued 260kg sumo, a week after comp failing 285kg twice, having done sumo for the first time the day before for heavy fives.
>>
>>31640538
fair point. I don't think i can argue against that.
>>
>>31640486
I remember it being "I'm not as wooden as I let on". I'm a quote nazi
>>
>>31640352
well yeah, basic physics dictates that Work = Force x Distance
Assuming equal force between both styles (same weight, both accelerating against gravity),
distance (or range of motion) determines changes in work.
Sumo = less ROM
Sumo = less work.
>>
>>31640582
Work is irrelevant in the sport of powerlifting.
>>
>>31640474
I already do OHP. I was thinking of maybe doing some spoto presses at the end of the workout.
>>
>>31640582
You're an idiot
That's not even close to being the primary reason as to why sumo is better
>>
>>31640610

Spoto presses are fantastic, helped me break through a plateau I was stuck at forever almost immediately.
>>
File: olympics.png (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
olympics.png
42 KB, 500x500
I'm curious to collect some opinions;

>Do you think that Powerlifting should be in the olympicss?
yes or no

>why or why not?

>do you think it would be Benefit, hinder, or not change powerlifting at all?

>do you have personal aspirations that influence your decision on weather it should be in the olympics or not?

I'm very happy to see lots of opinions for and against on this.

>pls respond i want to use these opinions later
>>
>>31640613
so pulling the same weight over shorter differences doesn't make it easier?
>>31640602
>physics doesn't apply to sport
okay
>>
>>31640352
I am not. And yes, I can pull sumo properly.

It's very dependent on proportions and hip shape.
>>
>>31640582
>>31640613
Is right. It's about being able to leverage yourself against the bar better, not distance travelled. The adductors and all those fun muscles get wound up nicely with a good sumo stance
>>
>>31640621
1) yes
2) it's less autistic than oly lifting
3) it'd benefit it, make it more natty
4) no, i don't even lift
>>
>>31640330
I'm glad you like him too, he's doing well enough for himself but I still think he's underrated. You've hit on the better points of his personality.

>>31640621
no
boring
greatly benefit
no
>>
>>31640621
>>Do you think that Powerlifting should be in the olympics?
yes
>>why or why not?
It'll bring more money into the sport and give us recognition
>>do you think it would be Benefit, hinder, or not change powerlifting at all?
I think it'll ruin everything fun about the sport at the top level but make the entry level much better.
>>do you have personal aspirations that influence your decision on weather it should be in the olympics or not?
Yes, I want to be part of bureacracy when it goes professional. Now is the best time to be getting into powerlifting for those reasons.
>>
>>31640582
>it's not as far, therefore objectively easier

What are moment arms
What is mechanical ineffieciency

It would be nice if /fit/ actually completed a physics class before posting
>>
File: that woof.jpg (88 KB, 540x473) Image search: [Google]
that woof.jpg
88 KB, 540x473
>>31640629
Technique that decreases rom may also cause you to be relatively weaker (e.g. less mechanically efficient, struggle with muscle recruitment in that position). Which means less rom =/= easier lift.

>Assuming equal force between both styles (same weight, both accelerating against gravity),
This is where you fucked up.
>>
>>31640621

1. Yes

2. Can't see any reason why weightlifting is considered and not powerlifting, aside from the reputation. If we can have Olympic racewalking then we can have Olympic powerlifting.

3. I'd think it would benefit. One agreed upon set of standards and rules, help eliminate the differences between federations, maybe some of the federations themselves.

4. Nope.
>>
>>31640619
Nice. It's gonna be the first time I do them. Do you have any tips/things I should expect?
>>
>>31640629
>>physics doesn't apply to sport
>strawman fallacy
Hah! You're just embarrassing yourself now.
>>
>>31640621
Yes
Cuz i like it and its better than curling
I would like it to chance its rules so ridiculous shit such as two inch ROM in bench never happens
If i could go back in time to when i had 12 maybe
>>
>>31640582
>Assuming equal force between both styles

You're making WAAAAAAAAAAAY more incorrect assumptions than just that.
>>
>>31640621
>yes
>its a pretty easily accessible sport yet still difficult and i feel like that's a good combination
>benefit - more interest, standardized rule set, one fed(?)
>i'm pretty certain i'll never make it to the olympics, so no.
>>
>>31640682

Candito has a good video on them. Keep it heavy, no more than 6 reps, I like a solid 2 second pause. It's a great way to really hone your technique, so make sure you're super cogniscent of your technique throughout the lift. Might take a little while to figure out where to stop (generally an inch above the chest, but unless you're looking you won't know where that is at first) but that's only at the beginning soon enough it'll become natural.
>>
>>31640621
>Yes
>It's much more relatable to than oly for most people. On the other hand, it's not as exciting to watch
>Benefit greatly
>No
>>
>>31640621
Yes and no
Too many lolfeds, only IPF should be Olympics.
Either only single ply IPF or IPF raw tho (but not both).
Would benefit immensely and largely kill off the lolfeds, would also push the sport to a new level in terms of performance.

I would deffo compete in the olympics if I was still lifting at a high level at the time it started in the olympics
>>
>>31640743
>Too many lolfeds, only IPF should be Olympics.
Breh, the IPF is the only fed that could be Olympic.

All the other ones would get laughed out the door for their association with PEDs. Literally. Except perhaps the WDFPF but they'd be laughed out for having no members.

It'll probably be raw at this stage. I've heard that the next world games will be raw.
>>
>>31640743
i'd argue for single ply, would help it stand out more against oly lifting, plus the crazy weight being lifted would probably be more appealing to the masses
>>
What would you people think about combined weightlifting and powerlifting competitions?
>>
>>31640769
I'd go to that for sure if it was raw

>>31640776
>plus the crazy weight being lifted would probably be more appealing to the masses
Or make everyone wonder why they wear stupid lifting suits that lift the weight for them and then become a lolsport. Either or.

>>31640787
dumb as fuck
>>
So is anything actually happening about PL in the Olympics or is it still all maybe maybe
>>
>>31640787
A nightmare to organise, find a venue for and stage. Two simultaneous platforms? Consecutively? Comps already take ages.

A lovely idea though.
>>
>>31640787

Doesn't make sense, way too many lifts to train for and perform in competition.
>>
>>31640798
Every year the IPF make an application to the IOC and get rejected for a bunch of reasons.

Current fixes they need to apply:
Increase out of comp (OOC) testing
Increase social media profile

To do that, they need to raise money to bring in professionals for the 2nd, and to pay for the 1st. Hence why the belt rule was brought in and why it was done without the knowledge of the technical or rules committees who usually decide and approve such things. Very dodgy dodgy.
>>
>>31640787
There wouldn't be any powerlifters who could compete but there would be plenty of weightlifters who could
>>
>>31640717
Nice. The thing about using lower reps worries, me, though, as I intended on doing it as one of the optional exercises (which Candito recommends in the 3x8-10 range)
>>
>>31640621
Yes, the movements are relatable to a lot of people. The competitors bodies would likely be impressive to a fair amount of the audience when the roid levels go up because of the olympics.

Benefit it greatly.

>do you have personal aspirations that influence your decision on weather it should be in the olympics or not?
No.
>>
>>31640843
Antonio Krastev was once invited to Powerlifting Worlds.

He bombed.
>>
>>31640866
Pauses are fatiguing as hell. Ever done push ups like that? Not a heavy exercise but it gets to you in a few reps
>>
>>31640528
basically gyno brah
>>
File: 20140928_122520.jpg (980 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
20140928_122520.jpg
980 KB, 1836x3264
>>31640895

Check the names
>>
>>31640866

Doing it at high reps is going to kill you, pauses are best done in a lower rep range. To do it 8-10 reps you'll be lowering the weight to a point where the benefit just won't be there. I don't see why it can't be an optional exercise.
>>
>>31640909
Not him, but I love you sparrow.
If I pay pal you, would you send me nudes?
Just like a 100$ or something.
>>
>>31640895
I can see that happening too of course. There is a fair amount of exercise variation for some weightlifting teams though and plenty of weightlifters can bench decent numbers. A weightlifter's bench wouldn't likely be anywhere near as shitty as a powerlifter's snatch is what I'm getting at
>>
>>31640947
It was more than he sunk the bar into his chest and took his head off the bench, and kept getting red lights for it. An easy fix.

You're right of course. I'm an exception, I know a guy who competes in both and I would beat him in a supertotal, because he's a considerably better WLer than me AND he benches more than I do 10kg lighter, but my deadlift is astronomically higher
>>
>>31640555
I think you're right. I second-guessed myself and went with "stiff" because it seemed more normal.

Should have known it would have been Wooden, UCLA got farther in the tourney than anyone expected lel

>>31640619
Cool! What problem were you having that Spoto presses fixed?

>>31640621
I'd like to see it in the Olympics, but I don't care much. Ultimately I'd like to see it in the Olympics because 1. government funding, 2. I've always thought about public health from a very macro perspective, and I like the idea of having accessible sports than anyone can participate in being promoted, 3. IPF can finally rek the lolfeds and records will actually mean something.

I am apprehensive about what will happen to geared lifting, and I honestly feel like geared lifting is holding PL back. I don't hate on geared lifting at all, I like Alex Kang['s channel] and I save every CYC webm that gets posted here. But having "two separate sports" is a bit of a pain. In an ideal world, it shouldn't matter, because there are like 12 different swimming events so who fucking cares (Ilyin can only win one medal, Phelps and Spitz can win almost a dozen). I think geared lifting might need to be the sacrificial lamb, at least in the Olympics, for raw lifting to be accepted.

I would love, love, LOVE to see the Supertotal be an Olympic event. Put the Olympic meet at the opening part of the Olympics, and the IPF meet at the closing end of the Olympics for recovery/so the Oly lifters can train the powerlifts between the two sports.

Imagine if Ilyin or Klokov or someone managed to triple medal, in Oly, PL, and Super. Fucking UTOPIAN.

I'm a shit athlete with no ankles and no desire to compete at 120kg or above, which I would have to in order to maximize my height. I have no stake in this, personally. My only chance of ever competing would be in push/pull, and I highly doubt that'll ever make the Olympics.
>>
>>31640982
That CrossFit meet you did was fucking hilarious
>>
>>31641003

I think my issue was tightness at the bottom of the lift, and keeping form consistent. Would hit a sticking point a couple inches off my chest, but if I got past it the rest of the lift was easy peasy. I'm thinking I would lose tightness at the bottom of the lift and that would fuck me up. Spoto presses helped get me to stay tight, and worked basically right around my sticking point.
>>
>>31641017
It really was, especially since it looked like he was the only person not having fun.
>>
>>31641040
Thanks for explaining, I'll keep them in the toolbox.
>>
>>31641017
I know. I felt guilty for winning it.

If i wasn't injured I would have full snatched 5/10kg more.

Also, geared lifting done well is so beautiful ;_;

Also your supertotal idea is amateurish and will never happen.

You know they changed the weightclasses to bring PL more in line with WL so the IOC wouldn't have to complain about how many medals we have?
>>
File: 2015-03-29 19.35.07.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-29 19.35.07.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
I'm baaaaack. Took exactly 14 days off because I'm sprained my wrist deadlifting. Yesterday I did some benching with chains and got 225x1 +50lb chains.

Today I came in and decided I'd go for 5 plate deadlift again since I had finally taken a rest period.

5'10 or 5'11 not sure
19 years old
184lbs

Previous 5 plate attempt:
500lb sumo deadlift fail #2: http://youtu.be/Fc8z6gvTX4k

Today's attempt:
http://youtu.be/3UB3JUR2758

That change in the speed off the ground was awesome. Big milestone for me but not I feel like 5 plates is shit and I won't feel strong until I hit 6 plates. This happens every time I add another plate to my PR.

Also the pic is of my face. Every time I go heavy on squats or deadlifts this happens. It swells the fuck up. Blood vessels pop everywhere. My vision gets blurry and very watery. And my neck has these ache for a few hours. It stays like this for like 3 days.

I try to breathe only into my stomach but it doesn't work. Any advice?
>>
>>31640352
I agree

what makes it funnier is when manlets claim
>muh proportions
when they're 5'6" and do sumo to reduce the range of motion to 3 inches.
>>
Single prong or lever for my belt. I see both being used, not sure what the difference is.
>>
how do i use my powerlifting know-how to get laid with girls in the gym
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH LADS OH SHIT I HAVEN'T LAUGHED THIS HARD EVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=85&v=byOw4AYd7-8
skip to 1:25 for best bit
>>
>>31641059
Try sucking less dick you homo looking maf.
>>
>>31641082
>not sure what the difference is.
Not much. Lever is easier to get on and off, but if you want to adjust how tight it is you'll have to pull a screwdriver out.

That's it.
>>
>>31641082
Lever is better if you want consistent tightness/know you will be staying at the same weight for a long period. Your lever will probably get tighter than a prong belt if you adjust it so.

Single prong is better if you have a girlfriend or training partner you want to share with, you wear the belt differently for different lifts, or you plan on gaining or losing weight.
>>
>>31641059
Secondary hypertension.
>>
>>31641059
why post a picture of your faggot face like youre on soc or something
>>
>>31641102
>screwdriver
Protip: I carry a butter knife in my gym bag and it works just fine for my Inzer.

I may as well leave forever now because this is probably the most useful thing I will ever say in this thread.
>>
File: hexham2.jpg (267 KB, 2048x975) Image search: [Google]
hexham2.jpg
267 KB, 2048x975
>>31641044
I am too good in PL (and rowing) to enjoy winning shit events and not good enough to do well at good events.

Look, look, for some of this boat this is the only race they've won in three years. Look at me. Do I look pleased? Fuck no, of course I should win Hexham intermediate fucking 3 eights.
>>
>>31641059
sumo needs more external rotation, your knees collapse too much IMO
>>
Agressive cut vs slow cut pros and cons? i really need to drop to 15%
>>
>>31641099
>>31641111
>>31641112
I had to show what it looks like. I'm fucking worried this is detrimental to my health and I couldn't find anything about it.
>>
Curious about entering a local comp.What are the average totals for the 66kg class in comps by you guys?
>>
File: 1419892287626.gif (702 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1419892287626.gif
702 KB, 320x240
>>31640383
Wh-what did i just watch?
>>
>>31641136
just go man, don't worry too much about big totalling
>>
>>31641136
i would think 180kg squat 240kg deadlift and 120/130kg bench.
>>
File: NoNeedForAnUmbrellaNow.webm (734 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
NoNeedForAnUmbrellaNow.webm
734 KB, 720x480
>>31641121
I think we had this conversation when you posted it the first time. You even used that picture.
I get where you're coming from, though. It's no fun stomping people out of your league.
>>
>>31641116
I live in England, I can't walk with a knife in my bag.
>>
>>31641059
Learn to vent a bit more air out. I used to get it all over my face and eyeballs. I press my tongue into the roof of my mouth and let it flow through that. Also some grunting
>>
>>31641135
Your symptoms could be the result of high blood pressure (hypertension). BP increases dramatically when lifting really heavy, especially if you Valsalva.
>>
>>31641121
>too good
>125kg bench @ 93kg
oh George, you're a funny dude
>>
File: georkyll_and_hyde.webm (427 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
georkyll_and_hyde.webm
427 KB, 1280x720
>>31641135
IKYF but somehow, I'm not as bad afterwards although during I'm something special. Maybe because I've been doing it longer?
>>
>>31641161
Pussy
>>
>>31641003
ayyy UCLA pride
>current student
>>
>>31641171
Did you ever get the blurry eyes, horrible dizziness, and neck pain? And wouldn't I lode tightness?
>>
>>31641052
Is the IOC actually trying to crack down on medal proliferation?

That's fucking horseshit.

I agree, the supertotal thing won't happen, but I don't see why an Oly lifter couldn't make the Olympic qualifier for his home powerlifting team, especially for the first little while where many countries will be fielding particularly mediocre teams. Maybe having a discrete medal for the supertotal is amateurish, but I don't see how allowing elite athletes more than six lifts to realize four years of training is an inherently amateurish idea.

Here's another crackpot idea that will never happen: put PL in the Winter Olympics.
>>
>>31641082
I fluctuate between notches day to day. I would never use a lever personally
>>
>>31641178
Does this mean I should go to the doctor?
>>31641185
And it used to not be this bad until I hit a 425 squat and 475 dead. And holy shit that gif
>>
File: 1427615449269.jpg (20 KB, 267x179) Image search: [Google]
1427615449269.jpg
20 KB, 267x179
>>31640621
no
>why or why not?
Powerlifting is simply doing three heavy singles in three movements and that's it. It's not competitive past you training more so you can lift heavier than someone else.

In other sports in the olympics, you are being pit against your opponent physically and have to overcome what they put against you based on your culmination of technique, training prior to the event, and applied skill while they do the same against you. This creates interesting scenarios to watch and makes matches unique and great to observe. Powerlifting has none of that. It's literally you squat or don't squat the weight, then someone else squats or doesn't squat the weight and if you get a higher total you win. Wow, so exciting!

The same thing applies to oly style weightlifting. I'd much rather prefer strongman to be in the olympics. It has much more variance between participants and can be called competitive

It would make powerlifting more popular. Past that, I don't see anything.

I am training in powerlifting and want to compete, but when I'm in my later 20s, I want to use powerlifting as my base for strongman. Powerlifting is more of a stepping stone. training for three movements is silly in my eyes and strongman is more functional in strength
>>
File: grand-hotel-ii-butter-knife.jpg (9 KB, 598x598) Image search: [Google]
grand-hotel-ii-butter-knife.jpg
9 KB, 598x598
>>31641161
>>
>>31641197
They tried to remove all weightclasses in sports with exception of combat sports and Weightlifting to reduce the number of Olympic Golds handed out. But they kept lightweight rowing because they made a very compelling case.
>>
>>31641218
Yes, because your hypertension (if that's what it is) could be caused by kidney or adrenal gland disfunction.
>>
>>31641059
wow that first 500 attempt fail was gruesome. looks much better now. are you competing sometime soon? other lifts?
>>
>>31641251
>>31641251
Well shit I'll set an appointment tomorrow. Glad I posted. Another thing is my weight fluctuates like crazy I go on crazy bulks and cuts.
>>
>>31641088
keked.
>>
>>31641231
>metal detectors at gym check in
>get asked why I have a knife with me
>they don't believe my story
>get kicked out of gym and have to explain myself to the cops
Thanks L'Etranger.
>>
>>31641194
Neck pain and I'd see stars. It happens when i'm not careful. First time I pause squatted 405 was really ugly. Now I vent more air out and I'm good. It takes some trial and error. I would recommending dropping the weight for a few sessions and practice better breathing. Get some volume in. Have to go to bed now but that's all I can tell you from my experience
>>
>>31641178
>especially if you Valsalva

Not this shit again. The Valsalva is what you do on a plane or when diving to equalise the pressure in your inner ears.
>>
>>31641235
>But they kept lightweight rowing because they made a very compelling case.

Wait what? steering a canoe is an olympic sport? jk, ik lots of joke sports like ping pong are in the olympics
>>
>>31641267
Just make sure you tell your doctor the exact same symptoms you told us. The more specific you are, the easier to diagnose.
>>
>>31641185
you need to rename that to:
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>31641136
i'm 74 kg and looking to total just under 500 kg for my first local meet, and i expect to place top 3-4, if that gives you any indication.
>>
>>31641235
If the IOC actually cares about medal proliferation in weightclass sports (but gives zero fucks about swimming because fuck you), you can still give a single supertotal medal (well, OK, three medals, one gold) based on combined Wilks/Sinclair.

Are there any plans to reduce the number of weightclasses? If you look at Oly weightclasses as a cross section of the general population:

56kg-77kg: literal midgets
85: still raging manlets
94: getting into low-average height in most countries
105: reasonable height
105+kg: reasonable

Only 3 weightclasses will be relevant/relatable to the general viewing public. 5 weightclasses are only relevant to the bottom 10% in male height. Unless you want to use Indonesia and Vietnam to determine "average height."

The solution here would be 60, 80, 100, 110, 120, 120+. You've gotten rid of 2 entire weight categories and included a larger cross-section of the population.

Why is the IPF not just using the IWF weightclasses, anyway? 83kg and 93kg instead of 82kg and 94kg?
>>
>>31641309
lol
>>
lads just had a thought

say you take someone like norse who can deadlift 300kg let's just say

well say he can do 50 reps with 100kg

if i trained and hit a 100kg deadlift, then kept doing that until i could do it for 50 reps, would that mean i could do 300x1?

there is a potentially new strategy here
>>
>>31641259
I really need to but I always sign up and back out. The reason is dumb and I know it is but I do ot every time. Every time I get near a meet my lifts start to shoot up and I think to myself fuck it I'll wait till I'm stronger because I'm not good enough yet. I'm a bad perfectionist. I'm closing in on a national record for my age and weight class and I tell myself I'll compete when I'll can do that. I know it's dumb but I don't change it.

Squat 425x5
Bench 245x4 paused

184lbs
>>
>>31641297
>Implying wannabe powerlifters don't perform the Valsalva maneuver by complete accident
>>
>>31641315
I'm only talking about the elite, obviously. I.e. those who will actually be at the Olympics. Obviously there are plenty of recreational lifters, some of whom even have elite totals, who are taller than what I've indicated "the elite" would be here.

A final solution, although a very clumsy one (given that any medal given away due to a coefficient instead of a total is a sketchy premise to begin with) is to boil it down to three categories: Sub 90kg, 90-110kg, and 110+kg, and hand out medals based on Wilks/Sinclair.
>>
>>31641315
>85: still raging manlets
fuck you nig
>>
>>31641315
>but gives zero fucks about swimming because fuck you
It's because AMERICA

Lol at your heightism. I shan't explain why it's stupid.
>>
>>31641235
>But they kept lightweight rowing because they made a very compelling case.
how fucking understanding of them. if they got rid of lightweight rowing that would be literally retarded.
>>
>>31641354
see >>31641352

I weigh 79kg but stand at 180cm. I would literally need to gain 25-40 kilos to be an elite powerlifter. I will probably never exceed 93kg intentionally.
>>
>>31641346
No. Specificity of training.
>>
>>31641357
>heightism
again, please see my addendum. I'm only talking about the top 1% of athletes and what will naturally happen, not saying that "anyone who weighs 200lbs isn't an adult male SS+GOMAD."

>Why is the IPF not just using the IWF weightclasses, anyway? 83kg and 93kg instead of 82kg and 94kg?

Do you know, Isley? You're the most likely in here to know.
>>
>>31641346
>>31641346
no becuase you have never trained for max effort work
when the weight gets heavy, think how much 5lbs can change how a squat feels.
>>
File: graph.jpg (123 KB, 1280x749) Image search: [Google]
graph.jpg
123 KB, 1280x749
>>31641352
I apologize for the spam, but I just had another thought.

The main argument against
>A final solution, although a very clumsy one (given that any medal given away due to a coefficient instead of a total is a sketchy premise to begin with) is to boil it down to three categories: Sub 90kg, 90-110kg, and 110+kg, and hand out medals based on Wilks/Sinclair.

other than allowing math rather than total determine medals (inb4 "total is still math") is that Wilks is an outdated metric, but Sinclair gets updated every Olympic. If powerlifting "made it," wouldn't it make sense to do the same thing?

This of course applies even without my crackshit idea; it'd be nice to have a Wilks that holds true in 2015 rather than in 1970whatever.

Pic related, it's the graph I made a few months ago
>>
>>31641346
no sadly.

HOWEVER, that, to a much lesser degree, is one way of driving progress.

I made an interesting observation about myself today;

today i can pull ~320 kg (ish)
OR i can pull ~ 225 for a set of ten and be fucking #shrekt

a little over 2 years ago the most i could pull was 275 kg.
but i was able to pull ~ 225 kg for a set of 10.

let that sink in for a minute.

NOW, think about this;

when i started with a 275 kg deadlift and doing 225 x 10 (capability), i went from a 275 to 305 kg deadlift in like, 5 fucking months. and from there on, it took me 1.5 fucking YEARS to get to 317.5 kg

Let that sink in a bit.

I truthfully think i had the work capacity to build up to a 675 lb deadlift, and i did it - and then i kept trying to force progression through intensity increases towards 700, and there was no where left to go. I needed to increase work capacity, or AT LEAST train with volume and induce stimulus better instead of chasing 700 lbs.

this hit me pretty profoundly today.
>>
god damn i need a job
>>
How to prevent knees collapsing inwards when sumo deadlifting?
>>
dead thread, dead sport
>>
>>31641573
Stop sumo deadlifting
>>
>>31640515

fuck off you idiot gibbs dl form is fine
>>
>>31641650
Brett pls
>>
File: 1427587624835.jpg (21 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
1427587624835.jpg
21 KB, 217x320
i'd destroy anyone in this thread in a fight 1v1
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPiCaGUmxwU

lmao
>reddit
>>
>>31641425
>is that Wilks is an outdated metric, but Sinclair gets updated every Olympic

Wilks wants to update his coefficient, but the IPF won't let him.
>>
>>31641720
a bunch of people enjoying their sport together.

I see nothing wrong with this.

Kind of a cool video tbh.
>>
>>31641739
I'm sure the IOC or IWF will force the issue if it ever comes to a head.

Any idea about the weightclasses, or is it just some relic of arbitrary sporteaucracy?
>>
Smolov update
https://youtu.be/69qpqdexnT0
>>
>>31641702
Me too. :^)
>>
>>31641777
This has to be a troll
>>
>>31641777
>>
Lads just watched Wrestlemania

1) The Rock still got it
2) Ronda Rousey is the most beautiful woman on the planet
3) Suplex City, Bitch
>>
>>31641777
I thought you were like 170lb?
>>
>>31641777
No one cares nigger.
>>
>>31641855
dude, Ronda Rousey, would bang.
>>
>>31641777
nice try bud.

forgot, did you start with your actual 1RM or did you drop to a training max? and how much weight have you deloaded from the original starting weight?
>>
>>31641573
change foot angle, foam roll adductors, work on external rotation.
>>
File: leweightclassesIPFIWFbros.jpg (71 KB, 976x395) Image search: [Google]
leweightclassesIPFIWFbros.jpg
71 KB, 976x395
>>31641757
>Any idea about the weightclasses, or is it just some relic of arbitrary sporteaucracy?

PL wants different weight classes, because they want a 120kg class before super heavy weight.

It's not really a big difference.
>>
>>31641867

She's marriage material, man. She is the queen of queens.

I've gona and fallen in love with someone I have not, and will not ever, meet.
>>
File: 1427652988613.png (511 KB, 735x667) Image search: [Google]
1427652988613.png
511 KB, 735x667
>>31641867

>ronda rousey will never sit on your face
>>
>>31641777
Are you going to bail on the intense cycle? We warned you it was a bitch.
>>
>>31641873
>change foot angle
Yeah I was thinking about this, further out right?
Doing the 2 latter
Appreciate your help
>>
>>31641890
further in actually. just slightly.

Helps prevent inward foot collapse
>>
File: helpmeronda.gif (2 MB, 636x299) Image search: [Google]
helpmeronda.gif
2 MB, 636x299
>>31641882

I mean fuck, look at her at Wrestlemania.

Yes. That is a Vegeta Shirt
>>
>>31641855
>fake fights between bodybuilders
Gay as fuck
>>
>>31641856
Post inguinal hernia surgery... on dat GOMAD bruh!

>>31641866
:) you've grown on me

>>31641872
Thanks bro. I started with my actual 1rm 505lbs, then deluded to 485lbs for the base cycle. Finished the base cycle with 545 1rm, then deloaded to 525lbs half way through the intense cycle.

>>31641885
Fuck no, born with grit, die with grit.
>>
>>31641925
will you cut down again?
>>
>>31641909
Huh interesting
I'll give it a try
>>
File: vin diesel.jpg (38 KB, 300x420) Image search: [Google]
vin diesel.jpg
38 KB, 300x420
>mfw 5x5 90% squats tomorrow

scared tbh lads
>>
>>31641914
>Basic bitch with an ok fit-tier body
You guys can have such low standards my god
the vegeta shirt is cringey af btw, you reddit nerd
>>
>>31641914

She also loves Pokemon. She confiormed Mew was her favourtie, and that she went to a gamefreak event so she could catch one on her first gen game,
>>
>>31641938
Yup, starting summer cut May 3rd, day after powerlifting competition, gonna get shredded as fuck...
>>
>>31641925
Could you recount your car window breaking story in a pithy one liner?
>>31640486
>>
>>31641962
what are you going to compete at and look to total?
>>
File: thegreatestfedora.jpg (29 KB, 275x413) Image search: [Google]
thegreatestfedora.jpg
29 KB, 275x413
>>31641956
>>
>>31641956
yeah but she'd choke you dafuq out if you said that to her face faggot
>>
File: gross.jpg (43 KB, 455x517) Image search: [Google]
gross.jpg
43 KB, 455x517
>>31641956
>ok fit-tier body

her body is literally terrible, looks like a mans
>>
>>31641874
Oh, weird, but makes sense I guess. Sort of arbitrary that they need an entirely different system just to have one extra class, but whatever.

I appreciate the insight.

>>31641957
Loving Pokemon and being a normie are not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>31641976
Literally what youre doing, druling over some girl because she plays pokemon. Sound like such an interesting woman :3
>>
>>31641984
>I agree with you but i felt like it was too harsh
>>
>>31641984
That ass makes me kinda sad tbh
>>31641957
pokeymans is for children and normie redditors
>>
>>31641966
Racial slurs spray painted on porperty, unprovoked, saw guy who did it eyeing me down; he gives me the finger, I break his window. Fin.

>>31641972
#turboyoloswag
>>
>>31642015
>i still find her face pretty attractive though tbh
>>
>>31641981
>roided she-man can choke me out because thats her career
woah bro im so ashamed
>>
>>31642019
>I break his window. Fin.
dat fucking chimpout
>>
>>31641925
gg so far, would you consider just running the base cycle after you finish?
>>
>>31642000

So I take it you've never seen her crush in the octagon then? Anyhow, diffrent storkes y'know?
>>
>>31642029
But its only like a 6/10 because she dpes nothing special with herself. She doesnt seem to dress nicely nor do anything different or nice with her hair. Basic/10 with a flat ass
>>
>>31642042
This is not a good idea. Diminishing returns on effort makes it extraordinarily inefficient, even destructive considering the stress cost and required adjustment after.
>>
>>31642057
6/10 is still above average though
but i think i myself would give her 6.5 maybe a 7 even, could be a solid 7
>>
>>31642067
Hey Marcel what do you think about
>>31641573
>>31641909
>>
>>31642042
I won't be able to comment until I see the results of the intense cycle. This won't be done again by me though, need to focus on aesthetics.

>>31642040
Don't play that shit in my (former) cul-de-sac, not gonna wait to get jumped either.
>>
File: adjusting work capacity.png (83 KB, 1585x878) Image search: [Google]
adjusting work capacity.png
83 KB, 1585x878
this is a very nice image.

I respond well to learning by images.
>>
>>31642078

Dude, where the fuck in do you live that you get jumped for being black? Alberta?
>>
>>31642095
AYY LMAO
>>
>>31642095
Bingo.

Me and my bro got jumped a while back (18-19years old) at a pub, couple guys started calling us niggers, spitting at us, got sucker punched then a brawl broke out. Held my own but still got busted up.

Ever since then I have a low tolerance for racism, especially when someone is spray painting swastikas and nigger all over my house/fence and my old Jamaican neighbours house and fence. The guy was asking for it.
>>
>>31642095
LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF OH MY EL OH EL THATS EXACTLY WHERE HE LIVES EXXXX DEEEEE EXXX DEEEE
>>
can anyone recommend what I should do for lower back pain? I did SS a while ago (after lifting bro-style for years) and ended up getting really strong I was DLing 500x5 and squatting 405x5 and then I somehow developed this lower back discomfort that hasn't gone away since january. doesn't feel like an injury or a sharp pain or anything, just feels like a vertebrae is out of place ;__;
>>
>>31642151
Perhaps you should go back where you came from if you dont like it? Just a thought, im thinking out loud here
>>
>>31642151
I literally couldn't care less about your skin colour, but you're an arrogant shit with very little reason
that's probably the reason you got jumped you fucking shit
>>
>>31642067
i dont mean immediately after, but like the same as someone running RSR, doing it 1x a year
>>
>>31642076
I don't know, as far as I know there are a few potential reasons that knees would collapse in, like lack of tightness in set up, quad weakness, lacking mobility, glute med weakness. Basically knees in will shift hips back and let you load hamstrings, or it's a positioning/mobility thing.

I couldn't suggest a universal fix offhand. Consciously forcing your knees out will go out a long way either way—don't repeat working sets where you allow it to happen if you want to stop it, unless you've got some outside fix you're working on.

>>31642157
Get help from a competent professional.
>>
>>31642151

Holy shit. I live in buttfuck nowhere B.C., and that shit don't fly. Get the fuck out of there, AB don't got any jobs now anyway.
>>
Whos cares what race people are. As long as they are not fat.
>>
Guys, to which degree is hypertrophy actually a thing?

if I lift heavy like you guys, will I get noticably bigger muscles or do I have to do a brosplit for that?
>>
File: lucky.jpg (16 KB, 216x196) Image search: [Google]
lucky.jpg
16 KB, 216x196
>>31642183

Or queer.

RIGHT GUYS? FUCKING FAGGOTS
>>
>>31642166
Never met a confident person that called me arrogant, only people threatened by confidence. Police reports agreed with me, but that's just objective evidence...

>>31642163
Calgary?

>>31642173
Marcel, do you associate with people of the chocolate variety IRL?

>>31642176
Probably hang around for another 2 years, then head to the states for work once I have enough experience. AB isn't too bad, but the asian girls in BC could lure me in...
>>
>>31642173
Thanks for the advice
truly the most based of trips
>>
>>31642176
Alberta has to be the dumbest fucking province of all time
everything they did with their oil to this point has been wrong
goddamn learn a thing or two from norway you retarded fucks
canada is largely to blame to but holy fuck now alberta is in debt how does that even happen, yep no need to fear Ontario and Ottawa will bail you out just like Ontario bails out quebec everyyear

Ontario master race reporting in. Oh by the way I think ontario should cut off quebec and alberta because they are retarded fucks. We would of course retain all quebec waters and alberta oil as our own though
>>
>>31642228
>Calgary?
africa man, come on
>>
>>31642206
Imagine if there were queers on fit, it would completely ruin the image of the board.

I mean we say no homo for a reason.
>>
File: 1427417468243.jpg (90 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1427417468243.jpg
90 KB, 480x640
end racism on 4chan tbh lads
>>
>>31642232
>Ontario master race reporting in.

How's that budget surplus treating you?

Ahaha oh wait.
>>
>>31642151
It's more fun if I can paint you as an unreasonable psychopath

Of course, in addition to your true egomania
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTRHq2_g8Q

can someone check my squat form? I got injured earlier this year with this form and it won't fukking heal ;_____;

>tfw losing all gains
>>
>>31642232
The Quebec issue is a lot more complicated than that and has been largely exaggerated by our de facto governing class since the Reform+CA merger, and definitely since the Reform+PC merger. In other words, Alberta has used Quebec as a scapegoat/metaphor for federal pandering and waste/metaphor for this idea that "muh western identity is ignored by Laurentian compromise Canadians." Seeing as the last Conservative PM of note was Mulroney, even the more progressive/more nationally eastern bloc of the party wasn't exactly eager to refute this notion, ass-backwards as it is. And given the Liberals went down with the ship on the sponsorship scandal (props to Martin in a way, he didn't have to systematically destroy his own political career and that of his party the way he did), they weren't exactly likely to subvert this narrative either.

On the other hand, I'd like to say that the Alberta issue is more complex than you paint it to be, but I've never seen a shred of evidence that you're anything but entirely correct.
>>
File: 1419923706373.gif (2 MB, 331x197) Image search: [Google]
1419923706373.gif
2 MB, 331x197
>>31642269
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYwTU7z6BI

>>31642272
>>
File: I am a preamp.jpg (84 KB, 500x441) Image search: [Google]
I am a preamp.jpg
84 KB, 500x441
>>31642228
Ya.
>>
File: bruins-pics43.jpg (57 KB, 485x370) Image search: [Google]
bruins-pics43.jpg
57 KB, 485x370
>>31642272
How do you feel knowing that your province's idea of a national contribution is Kim Campbell?
>>
>>31642281
the only thing i can see while your squatting is dat booty

>no homo
>>
Can't decide which game to replay and play a new expansion for over spring break lads

Skyrim or New Vegas friends?
>>
File: IMG_20150329_134506.jpg (32 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150329_134506.jpg
32 KB, 600x394
>>31642269
>>
>>31642325
>Kim Campbell

Sorry, you spelled "Keeping the economy afloat" wrong.
>>
>>31642337
Neither has aged particularly well, but both are excellent games.

New Vegas will be considerably shorter and easier to get to the point of diminishing returns regarding content, though. If there are time considerations, I'd choose based on that.

Between the two, my preference is for Skyrim.
>>
>>31642280
I give you too much attention these days, 3 more replies for the week islee.

>>31642310
I though so.
>>
File: pot_leaf.gif (7 KB, 408x276) Image search: [Google]
pot_leaf.gif
7 KB, 408x276
>>31642348
shit, you're right, I forgot about your main export
>>
how strong do I have to be before I can start counting in kilos
>>
File: 1413714849908.png (2 MB, 1463x988) Image search: [Google]
1413714849908.png
2 MB, 1463x988
>>31642337
Play Fallouts 1 and 2.
>>
>>31642363
2.2lbs
>>
>>31640330
Guys, who /bad shoulders/ here?

I just tried clean and jerk 150lbs, didnt do it after a long while and my shoulders felt ouch.

It doesnt hurt anymore tho, wtf is this shit??
>>
File: 420sucka.gif (232 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
420sucka.gif
232 KB, 400x300
>>31642362

Hell yeah muthufuckaaaaaaa

SWED
>>
>>31642269
no
>>
File: coolfrogs.jpg (9 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
coolfrogs.jpg
9 KB, 222x216
>tfw finished work for the day
Time to eat and then lift lads.
>>
File: Selection_022.png (146 KB, 771x829) Image search: [Google]
Selection_022.png
146 KB, 771x829
>>31640486

I should post more so I could be in the mix
>>
>>31642337
>>31642353
>>31642369
You faggets should just play bloodborne.
>I got the FFXV demo for 20 dollars today. It's almost done downloading
>I have been waiting since it was announced.
fuck two great games to play and TPP is just around the corner.
fuck
>>
>>31642393
>>31642432
>>31642436
>>31642362

literally kill yourselves, bring along boardshits while you're at it
>>
>>31642443
I will if it ever comes out on pc, but I'm not buying a ps4 for one game
>>
>>31642272
>>31642290
>>31642293
>>31642325
ITT: assravashed inferiority complex irrelevant beta provinces detected

Give us a place to stand
And a place to grow
And call this land Ontario.
A place to live
For you and me
With hopes as high
As the tallest tree.
Give us a land of lakes
and a land of snow
And we will build Ontario
A place to stand, a place to grow
Ontari-ari-ari-o !

From western hills,
To northern shores.
To Niagara Falls,
Where the waters roar.
Give us a land of peace,
Where the free winds blow.
And we will build Ontario
A place to stand, a place to grow
Ontari-ari-ari-o !
>>
>>31642460
>being PCuck race
>not having a pissfour
whatswrongwithyou.gif
>>
File: mifeshwun.png (12 KB, 273x267) Image search: [Google]
mifeshwun.png
12 KB, 273x267
>>31642459

>literally
>literally
>literally

Ask me how I know you're underaged
>>
File: 1416867194268.gif (3 MB, 286x258) Image search: [Google]
1416867194268.gif
3 MB, 286x258
>>31642462
>ITT: assravashed inferiority complex irrelevant beta provinces detected
>>
>>31642443
>>31642460
>>31642470
take it to /v/
>>
>>31642472
I use literally...
>>
>>31642475
NIGGA YOU MAD AS FUCK NIGGA YOU BROKE AS FUCK

WHERE MY ONTARIO NIGGAS AT

MARCEL, AVONSSQUATSDALE REPORT IN

WITH OUR COMBINED STRENGTH WE OUTTOTAL THIS OFF-BRAND BETA DYEL TWINKS LIKE CAPTAINPOUTINE AND L'ESTRANGER
>>
>>31642462

My province exports weed, lumber, and fish
My province imports Chinese money, and Hollywood Money

Your province exports Fat shitty mayors and imports his cocaine.
>>
File: thumb.jpg (13 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
thumb.jpg
13 KB, 240x200
>>31642462
I'm literally from Ontario and I've lived here all my life, barring 3 hellish months I spent in Crowfoot in Calgary.

>>31642459
Fort Macfag detected, can't handle the bant?
>>
>>31642483
He;s taking about the incorrect context in which it was used
What he failed to understand is that using literally inappropriately has became an ironic thing to do on here i.e. a meme
>>
>>31642472
literally how nu?

consider suicide
>>
File: butthurt_faggot.jpg (59 KB, 331x402) Image search: [Google]
butthurt_faggot.jpg
59 KB, 331x402
>>31642459
Here you go.
>>
>>31642483

Thanks for helping me prove a point BB

<3 u

>>31642489
>BETA DYEL TWINKS LIKE CAPTAINPOUTINE

I really can't argue with this. Everyone who posts in /plg/ from my province is weak as fuck.
>>
>>31642475
where is that gif from?
>>
File: 1418624502944.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1418624502944.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>>31642489
top quality key

>>31642483
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjGLECNnxKE
@6:27 is that amber?
>>
>>31642499
>I'm literally from Ontario and I've lived here all my life, barring 3 hellish months I spent in Crowfoot in Calgary.
ah gay you just smeared ontarios image and brought down our collective wilks percentage
>>31642495
>being proud of chinks and exporting shitty teenager drugs that only degenerates use
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.