[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Direction of BB
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15
File: ruhl.jpg (53 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
ruhl.jpg
53 KB, 400x600
Does /fit/ agree about Arnold's stance on the direction of bodybuilding? That the mass monsters are reaching undesirable proportions, and that it should start heading back towards the aesthetic of the Golden age?
>>
>>31553937
Yes.

>>31553937
Bodybuilding should be about aesthetics and size, not just size.
>>
>>31553964
What about people like Phil or Kai, or maybe even Shawn Ray? Still massive in size, but sill a decent aesthetic?
>>
>>31553937
Of course! Really, I just want to see roids removed from the sport. Would fix most problems IMO
>>
I dont have anything against except for those protruding bellies. Shit looks fucking disgusting man.
Stupidest thing is that fucking judges encourage that shit... Wtf man
>>
File: laughin'.jpg (3 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
laughin'.jpg
3 KB, 100x100
>>31554012
Son...
>>
I like lenny's aesthetics
>>
>>31553964
it's already about "aesthetics" and size. being symmetrical, proportional, lean etc. are already important.

I don't really know what should be done with bb'ing. personally I wouldn't give a shit if they stopped doing competitions.
>>
Old bbers used roids too, how did they get such a different look?
>>
File: Ruhl Priest Cutler.jpg (80 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
Ruhl Priest Cutler.jpg
80 KB, 640x429
>>31554227
Is it just the amount of roids? Nutrition?
>>
>>31554227
>Being this new

They used PED's aswell ofcourse but not as much and not all the shit people use today. I agree with Arnold. Lee Labrada's look / posing routine screams bodybuilding to me
>>
>>31554120
Penalise bloated midsections, 90% of modern body buildings problems disappear.
>>
>>31554002
Roid gut is not even decent aesthetic
>>
>>31554227
>>31554240

The old ones weren't using shit loads of hgh and insulin.
>>
>>31554240
>6'3"
>5'11"
>6'2"
This isn't as funny because that's pretty close to the real heights.
>>
>>31554263
this
>>
Bodybuilding is disgusting. Physique is the only thing that's saving BB right now. Women's BB is pig disgusting, and even figure and physique are gross. The only thing female competitors worth looking at are Bikini.

The bottom line is that bodybuilding is a niche activity (not a sport), that caters particularly to gay men and men with bigorexia. Very few "pro" bodybuilders ever make a profit off what they do. Most bodybuilders support themselves with a day job, or they go the G4P route. This is an open secret about the industry, which is why it will never achieve mainstream status.

The closest that bodybuliding ever got to mainstream acceptance was during the golden age. When Arnold came around, there was another push to make it mainstream, with sports journalists even covering Mr Olympia. However the 1980 Mr Olympia killed any chance of the sport achieving mainstream acceptance. CBS refused to air their coverage of the event due to the blatant cheating that allowed Arnold to win the event.
>>
Also, Luimarco from youtube posted several excellent videos about this subject, why BBers have the pregnant look, and how the freaks killed the aesthetics of past BBers.
>>
>>31554285
>Thinking jay cutler is anywhere near 6"2
>being a massive faggot
>>
FHJ. Female. Heterosexual. Judges.
>>
>>31554330
Well then I guys they're all super manlet then huh?
>>
I think roid gut immediately disqualify someone from looking aesthetic.

I have a theory as to why, too. Remember that one study that found out people find obese people disgusting because the brain interprets the obesity as a potentially contagious illness? Like sick, bloated people?
Similiar thing happens when I see a roidgut
>>
>>31554304
This guy knows. Bodybuilding is a body pageant. And a big % of the fans are gay / men who were bullied etc when they were young. kek.
>>
>>31554351

Pretty much all BBers are manlets
>>
>>31554365
And i guess you must be 7"0 u fag
>>
>>31554365
Lol, this.
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 125x96) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 125x96
>>31554414
>>
>>31554414
>>
File: Fucking plebs.jpg (124 KB, 1200x1213) Image search: [Google]
Fucking plebs.jpg
124 KB, 1200x1213
>>31554498
>125x96
>>
>>31554511
>>31554414
These pictures actually showcase very well WHY bodybuilders are often manlets, especially the second one with coleman there.

Look at their torsos. Same size. It's the legs that are longer.

Now imagine a bodybuilder with really long legs. It'd draw away from the size of the torso too much.

Then again, golden age bodybuilders all had quite the long legs. But they didn't have to be as huge as ronnie coleman, either.
>>
>>31554511
Yeah, but Ronnie is 5'11" so that dude next to him is just crazy tall.
>>
>>31554561
I've met Ronnie Coleman. He is not 5'11''. He's 5'9'' at most.
>>
File: happy mane.png (343 KB, 398x440) Image search: [Google]
happy mane.png
343 KB, 398x440
>>
>>31554340
N-n-no homo?!
>>
File: frank-zane.-1972.jpg (89 KB, 640x1490) Image search: [Google]
frank-zane.-1972.jpg
89 KB, 640x1490
I don't even see how this is up for debate.

The modern era celebrates reverse turtle mode, not sculpted statuesque mode. It's rubbish.
>>
>>31554651
This

Golden era is best era
>>
majority of /fit/ will always agree on this and insult pro bodybuilders
they wouldn't have the balls to do it in real life though because it's always skellies lifting for <1 year who have just seen Pumping Iron for the first time
>>
Bodybuilding is, has, and always will be a fucking freakshow. It is all a big front to sell Joe Weider supplements.
>>
>>31554761
I would never recommend anyone ever do bodybuilding, even 'natural bodybuilding'.

Reaching 5% bodyfat or lower is very hazardous to your health and you will be paying the consequences for the rest of your life.
>>
>>31554813
i'm talking out of my ass here, but I feel like those huge ass bodybuilders must have issues with mobility
>>
Absolutely Arnold is right. Only an insanely small percentage of people would want to look like current bodybuilders with their pregnant ninja turtle physique. But look at >>31554651
>>31554754 every man on earth would love to look like that, they look like gods that just stepped down from Mount Olympus.

Bodybuilding should inspire someone to pick up a dumbbell, not take insulin and hgh.
>>
>>31553937
well has pic related ever gotten close to winning mister Olympia? The guys who win are big AND aesthetic. BB used to be about beach bodies but now that role was passed on to physique, which is where young Arnold would compete today
>>
>>31554012
lol you wanna go back to the 1940's?

Roids have been in bodybuilding since it's inception and rise of popularity has only been because of them.
Don't be retarded.
>>
>>31554227
HGH and insulin were not as developed or prevalent,
>>
>>31554900
oh yeah, "can't wipe your own ass" is a bodybuilding thing

Guys like Rich Piana or the Olympia guys that don't have those issues spend many hours a week paying masseurs to break up scar tissue, doing simple basic stretches, popping air bubbles in their spine and joints...
>>
pro tip:

arnold is an ego maniac and his only agenda ever is to make everything about himself and critique others
>>
Are there amateur bodybuilding competitions with no financial prizes, no endorsements, and therefore no incentives to turn in your natty cards?
>>
>>31555077
That's almost the definition of "amateur."
>>
>>31555033
lol this
>>31555077
plenty
>>
I'm sorry but bodybuilders and people who run this sport/industry don't care what your idea of bodybuilding is. competitors do whatever it takes to win competitions and companies sponsor guys who help them sell their products
judging criteria has always been the same. in a nutshell - the biggest and most shredded guy wins. 50 years ago all they had access to was basic roids. as the time was passing bodybuilders were figuring out what else they can use to get bigger and more shredded, that was always the case. that's what Sandow, Steve Reeves, Reg Park and Arnold did. they saw the drugs and they took them and kept using them if they realized they helped them get bigger. eventually someone figured out how to get and how to use infamous insulin and hgh. you don't like the look of bodybuilders from 90's onwards? that's too bad but those drugs aren't going anywhere and you can't win anything not using those
>>
>>31554511
>>31554414
These pics are both taken in holland. Land if the lanklets.
And even these towering guys are fucking tall to standarts here.

Dont get deluded
>>
>>31555024
Except not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSf1BFRcdxo
>>
>>31554285
Cutlers 5'8/5'9.
Super Manlet.
>>
>>31554651
Keanu really turned it around
>>
>>31554227
Old school didn't do bulking/cutting phases either.
>>
>>31554754
Damn. That's a sick physique. I love the golden era so much. They're jacked as fuck but they look as if they could still perform well in sports/other athletic activites besides BB. Current BBers look like they can really only pump weights and flex.
>>
File: ScoobyWillet2wtmk.jpg (43 KB, 715x1000) Image search: [Google]
ScoobyWillet2wtmk.jpg
43 KB, 715x1000
>>31554012
>I just want to see roids removed from the sport. Would fix most problems IMO

I agree. Unfortunately HGH and some other steroids are near impossible to test for. Bodybuilding isn't really a sport tbh, it's a lifestyle. Gear is the dark side and scoob is the light.
>>
>>31554304
Somebody's butt hurts hard.
The bodies have become more extreme because the interest in bodybuilding has increased since then. It gets less mainstream coverage now, not because of THE MASS but because it was a fad in terms of television. The fad has died for the TV audience, but the sport is more popular than ever, the paydays are bigger, the number of athletes trying to become pros has increased, the contest prizes are much bigger.

As the pool of participants and the stakes have increased, the muscles built have increased. That's what bodybuilding is. If you're not on par to win it, go do something else.
>>
Arnold is totally right, I mean, look his pics, he looked good, he looked impressive
these dude look grotesque
>>
>>31554651
Zane was too beautiful.
>>
>>31559606
truly gods walked among us
>>
File: 1262580738389.jpg (43 KB, 251x235) Image search: [Google]
1262580738389.jpg
43 KB, 251x235
/fraud/ here, modern BBing is built entirely on the trifecta of Trenbolone, Growth Hormone and Insulin (insulin is responsible for the gut).

If you want to look like a Golden Age BBer, here's what they all used:

Testosterone (some went with no test due to lack of access, you shouldn't)
Nandrolone Decanoate (Deca)
Dianabol
Primobolan (almost always faked now, don't bother trying to get it)

Trenbolone came along just after Arnie retired and changed things hugely, compare Frank Zane and Franco Columbu's physiques from '75 and a few years later to see how dry and striated it allowed BBers to become.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 349x554) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 349x554
>>31560882
Well you just pulled that out of your ass because it is well known that Arnold used tren while competing.

ch
>>
>>31560882
>>31561811

lol #BTFO
>>
"golden age aesthetics" is now called physique. oldschool BB is dead... mass monsters are it
>>
>>31561811
That's him in the late 70s/early 80s, when he was stilll on 'rons but not competing.
>>
What about masteron, ive heard nothing but good about ii, did the old school bodybuilders use it?
>>
>>31562006
How do you know..? He is even in his posing trunks.
>>
Zyzz roided for aesthetics, isnt that why he is your king?

>>31559530
Goober is a dinosaur though. I dont wanna lift for 100 years.
Me being an impatient young adult means I will likely turn to steroids.
>>
>>31562096
>I dont wanna lift for 100 years.
why are you even here?
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.