[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counting calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1203x1219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1203x1219
How do you guys do this, I mean when the macros are on the back sure but otherwise how are you this neurotic.
>>
Lifting. How do you guys do this, I mean you're carrying groceries sure but otherwise how are you this neurotic.
>>
Try not being so insulting to start a thread thanks, but it's called dedication, there are aps to do the math for you and really makes it quite easy as well as when you get used to it it's second nature.
>>
By using myfitnesspal, it does all the hard shit for you
>>
use myfitnesspal. buy a scale. weigh and measure everything. get familiar with the "meals" and "recipes" functions.

example from my own day:
I usually eat one of three different meals for breakfast. they're all stored and measured on myfitnesspal, so I just click on breakfast and add the one I want. for example, I have a meal that's a bowl of oats with milk, banana and an egg.

I typically bring lunch from home and have that stored on myfitnesspal as well, so in a couple of clicks I've added that.

for dinner I either use a meal I've registered before as a recipe or make something new. in the latter case I have to measure everything, but I can store it if I intend to eat the same meal in the future.

for snacks I just use the search function and add them on demand.

things like post-workout shakes are also registered, of course.

as you can see, on a typically day I spend like 2 minutes on this. the only problem is when I eat out. in that case I just eat until I'm full if I'm bulking or have a more modest meal if I'm cutting. From my earlier meals I know how many calories I typically eat for dinner, so I just add that. At worst it's a couple hundred calories off which is irrelevant unless you do it all the time.
>>
>>31535969
Creatine monohydrate doesn't cause water retention unless you use the shit full of filter ie Wal-Mart body fortress, you can use it to cut
>>
its easy when you only eat 5 different things.
>>
>>31536199
creatine's method of action is water retention. thats why it works. it pulls water into the muscle
>>
>buy scale
>weigh food
>track in any app
ZOMFG IT ALMOST TOOK 2 MINS 3EDGY5ME
>>
This is almost autism level, i know, but i like it so idgaf, I track my exercise on Endomondo So i can get an estimate of how much Kcals i've burned, This means either using GPS or manually inputing my movements throughout the day, like Cycling to gym or work, Kcals burned doing cardio and time lifting, Then i use Myfitnesspal to count the calories i eat, 2100 is what i burn in a day being sedantary, So i just take that + whatever i've burned, And from there it's as eazy as adding or subtracting sum for gaining or cutting. Works really damn good for me, If i don't cheat i gain/lose within around 15 % of these calculations
>>
>>31535969

who is the guy in op?
>>
>>31536396

I try to explain that to some friends who occasionaly ask me for help with their diets.

They almost always look at me like I'm a fucking weirdo and just change subject and disregard it
>>
>>31536534
hes a lie
>>
>>31536676
yeah I know, they all get like

>wow do you weigh your food?? you're such a tryhard!

no idiot I just want to be sure Im on the right track, I dont want to be like those idiots that go full year round to the gym and still look like shit
>>
Because if I don't I think I'm eating a lot but really I'm just eating maintenance or below maintenance.

How is this a hard concept for people to understand?
>>
>>31535969
>myfitnesspall app\
>use barcode scanner
>scan barcode, enter amount of food
>calories automatically calculate

>neurotic
maybe when it was all pen and paper but keeping track is fucking easy now
>>
>>31535969
in the first pic he is relaxed, in the second pic he is contacting his abs, that is the only difference
>>
> Counting calories

Unless you are fat as fucking fatass there is really no need, track your macros get your food from clean, organic sources and train hard.

Wanna gain? More carbs & raise protein intake (More food)
Wanna cut? Restric carbs & maintain protein levels. (Moderate food, less carbs)

Your body isn't a fucking heat engine, energy in/out will give you a good representation of how much you need to eat to lose and how much you will need to eat to gain. Weight gain is a hormonal response to the food you eat.
>>
>>31540109
What are you on about. Seriously.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.