[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone try soaking oatmeal overnight? Supposed to be much better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: Soaked-Oatmeal-Close-Up-1.jpg (45 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Soaked-Oatmeal-Close-Up-1.jpg
45 KB, 640x427
Anyone try soaking oatmeal overnight?

Supposed to be much better than quick oatmeal that I use.
>>
>>31534677
and why do you think that? does it make an actually difference?
>>
It wouldn't take the entire night. I just had steel cut oats this morning, just soaked in water for 5-7 minutes, stir and enjoy. If adding any fruit etc do so after it has been softened.
>>
Is cooking it in milk bad?
>>
>>31534692
Just reading up about our online.
A lot of hocus pocus stuff to be sure in there but I think I'm sold that it's better.
Adding couple tablespoons of liquid whey, vinegar, lemon juice is supposed to help break it down and make it easier to digest, cook and maximize the nutrients.
Looking to see who got any info on it.
>>
>>31534692
And anyways it's a pretty big part of my diet so might as well look for the best way to prepare it
>>
>>31534677
dont use quick oatmeal
>>
guys i have these oats and it says to microwave for 1 1/2 minutes and every time i do it ends up overflowing and i have to clean the microwave every morning it's annoying as hell..

what am i doing wrong
>>
what can i do to make oats more tasteful
>>
>>31534872
Using a small bowl.
>>31534890
Vanilla whey and cinnamon or cocoa is my fevrit
>>
I do that.

I just put oatmeal with milk and some raisins and leave it in the fridge overnight. Tastes pretty good, no idea if it has any benefits or not.
>>
I always cook my oatmeal, the taste is perfect. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>31534994
you don't cook it?
>>
I do it with muh steel cut oats, my brother is a food scientist and he said it helps your body absorb the nutrients better or some shit, but if you're doing it with instant oatmeal you're a stupid fucking faggot that deserves to be bum raped.
>>
>>31534890
MAPLE SYRUP
>>
Soaking your oats is the proper way to cook them.

Put in pan, cover with water, leave on side and cover with a tea towel. Then boil when you wake up, add some milk if you're a faggot.
>>
>>31535107
Is cooking after soaking necessary?
I'm a busy busy beaver.
>>
Maybe this is a dumb question, but how does one soak oats? Like, do I just throw them in a bowl with some water and let them sit there overnight? And does that work with steel cut oats?
>>
I eat rolled oats uncooked in a bowl of milk. I can't recommend it enough, it tastes much much better than cooked ones and has a much more pleasant constency.
>>
Cold oats

cold milk
Whey
Sweetener
Other shit
Oats

Fridge overnight

Goddamn fucking delicious. Hot oats is boring
>>
President's Choice Organics Quick Oats, are these good? This is what we have at my house now..

If you soak a bowl of oats overnight, in the morning do they still need to be cooked? Or do they absorb all the water and that's good, just add fruits and eat?
>>
>>31534692

>not activating your food

Confirmed for not making it
>>
>>31534825
>>31534872
>>31535018
>>31535200
>>31535297
>>31535475

Literally third post in the thread.
>>31534717
>>
it's disgusting
>>
someone just post that article where some scientists made like 100 oat meals just to find the perfect oat meal recipe.
>>
>wake up
>shower
>oats, scoop of water, little bit of tap water, stir it up
>make shake
>pour cup of coffee
>eat oats, all set and thick
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.