[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Childhood Obesity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 618x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 618x360
Who /obesesincechildhood/ here?
>Were you ever skinny in your life?
>When did you start having issues with your weight?
>Do you resent your parents for it?
>Have you started to lose it yet?

I was skinny until I was maybe 2, but all pictures of my after that are with double chin and fat body. I'm kind of upset that I have no cute childhood pictures, and it stopped me from doing a lot in my life. I didn't join scouts even though I really wanted to because I was too self conscious. I was told "nobody will be your friend if you're fat", and yet...
I never snacked as a child either, and I didn't like/have juice or soda. I just ate what my parents gave me, which I guess was a lot. I resent slightly, but I'm also 20 now so I can't blame them for myself remaining fat. I've lost 40 pounds since moving out, so I guess there's that.
>>
>>35382741

No
Pretty much always, no health issues though (sheer fucking luck there, as a crapload of them run in the family even when we're not obese)
Kinda. My mum realised she'd fucked up and tried to change it, but it was a bit late by then. Given the shit she was under though I can't really blame her for not noticing fast enough
Lost some, but then I got into various strength sports and realised I'd never be that much lighter than my heaviest (down to 200 at my lightest from maybe 245-250 of pure fat couch potato at my heaviest, currently sitting on 215). Just in way better shape.
>>
>>35382741
no
i think at 16, the closest i can get to "having issues with my weight" is at that age is when i realized i want to lose weight and not be fat anymore
I don't resent anyone for my weight
I have started to lose it, since i started looking into working out at 16 (now 18) i'm the skinniest i've ever been at 160
>>
I hate fat children, I made fun of fat children in school for being fat, fat children deserve to be gassed.
>>
Grew up in the sticks so I didn't have internet or vidya until I was older, I just played with friends, shooting shit with bb guns and running around in the woods. Meals were simple Ma' and Pa' meat and potatoes plus a salad from the garden. Pretty grateful desu.
>>
>>35382741
I wasn't outright obese rather overweight. Mom spoiling me with McD's, candy and shit. Got rid of it on my own and developed an eating disorder in the process. Ebin. Gone now tho.
>>
I was never thin in my life but I was never McSized doe
>>
1. I am now and when i was until i was like 6 or 7
2. Like 7 or 8
3. Yes they are fuck asses, didnt make me go to school or even brush my teeth. total fuckers

4. I already did it was pretty easy desu only took the year to lose all 90 extra pounds.
>>
No, my family have pictures of me from when I was really young (3-6), where I already have a gut and double chin. Those pictures make me irrationally seethe with rage.

I don't remember. Middle school probably. Didn't end up doing shit til I was 19.

Yes. I fucking hate them. They're shitty people and even worse parents. I'll be glad when they're out of my life.

Yeah. 350 at my worst, have been lifting on and off and eating right for the past 12 months or so, down to the 220s.

People treat me so much differently. It gives me extreme anxiety. Why can't people(women) just ignore me like they used to??
>>
>>35382741
I'm pretty young, but I grew up during the time when the average kid wasn't a fat fucking slob.

I was fat from the ages 7-12, and it sucked terribly. I was in the top 3 fattest kids in my class at any given time. Affected me in ways that I still don't fully know. I'm decently /fit/ now, but I still get nervous when I take my shirt off and when I go swimming.

I started losing weight when I was 12 thanks to a case of the flu which kept me in bed with no appetite for 2 weeks, followed by an extreme growth spurt where I sprouted like 3 inches in a month.
>>
Obese since the age of three. Like legit fat as fuck double chin. Got to 400lb 6'2" around 21 at time of college graduation. Languished for a year in some kinda apathetic depression due to back pain. Then I got really sick (dunno why) and couldn't eat much without pain for a half a year. Could 't do any exercise due to extreme pain and lack of nutrition. Lost 80 pounds in that half year. Went to doctor and couldn't find a cause. Did months of intense physical therapy due to my back and abdominal muscles being all stretched and weak from the huge fat deposits providing all my core support. Began lifting weights. Lost another 60. Now 24 and 260 quite muscular but now focusing on my next dieting phase. Hoping to hit 220.

If you've been fat your whole life, it isn't too late to change.
>>
>>35383947
Oh, and apparently the obesity hid my >30 degree scoliosis that could have been treated and I wouldn't have had to suffer through this pain. I really don't resent my parents for doing this to me, but my life would have been so much better if they didn't do that to me at such a young age. At least I found some determination to refuse pain meds/surgery and instead decided to do physical therapy and exercise. The face gains are amazing, I'd probably not have been a nerd loser and even quite popular if I was fed right. I managed to sprint a quarter mile without even breathing heavy. I have never been able to do that my whole life. If only losing weight were a job qualification. My engineering degree is gathering dust.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 250x243
>>35382741
I was normal but in middle school I got fat and that lasted through highschool and got even worse when I started playing football and ballooned up to 290pounds. Graduated highschool and started to focus on myself and lost a lot of weight
>tfw was at my all time low of 192 at 6'4 on the 20th
>tfw hopped on Yohombine hcl and gained some water weight (was 196 after the it's week)
>tfw went off my perma cut and ate like shit for Christmas. Had beers shots stuffing cookies and what ever I wanted
>tfw ate like shit today as well due to family coming over
>tfw got on the scale and weigh 215 pounds
I know it's mostly water weight and shit from all the carbs and sodium and Yohombine hcl. I do keto and have been carb depleted since thanksgiving.
>tfw went to the gym today and did a full body workout
Man the pump was real.
> just looked in the mirror and took off my shirt and feel like a descusting slob even tho I know Ill be back down to 195 by the end of the week and I can still see my upper 2 abs somewhat.. And once I get off the Yohombine I'll be down to 190 ish.
>tfw going on vacation the 6th of January and wanted to look the best possible..
>tfw feel like I look like shit and I fucked up bad cuz I ate like normal the last 2 days.
I guess I'll just water fast tomorrow and get back on the grind..... And hope it is all water weights from the carbs and sodium and once I hope off that Yohombine I'll look less fat and bloated. Looks like I'll be doing HIIT Every day Till I leave.

I know it's not a feel thread but I feel like shit seeing the weight go up on the scale even tho I know It will all go back to normal by the end of the week.

God I'm fucked up in my head.

Who's me luck Bros
>>
>>35384072
Wish**
>>
>>35382741
I was obese throughout middle/high school, no idea why i ate so much during that time but i was always the fat kid in my classes, with a couple of exceptions.

My peak weight was 342 lbs about a year and a half ago when i realized i wanted to get in shape and now im currently hovering around 235-245 lbs, still have about 50-60 to go but i stalled because it's the holidays and my family makes WAY too many sweets and stuff during this time of year.

On the plus side, though, growing up fat and having to deal with stairs every day throughout MS/HS, my calves are so muscular they're borderline grotesque when i flex them. Can't imagine what they'll look like when i finish my permacut
>>
>>35382741
>>Were you ever skinny in your life?
Nope
>>When did you start having issues with your weight?
I was always kinda chunky but I still played a few different sports growing up. Eventually stuck with swimming and got pretty damn good at it, until I gave it up at 19. Few years later was when it got REALLY out of hand. 320lbs at my heaviest. Joined the gym next door to my job the following day.
>>Do you resent your parents for it?
No
>>Have you started to lose it yet?
Yeah, currently down to 260, hoping to drop another 20-30lbs in 2016.
>>
File: 1450050062338.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1450050062338.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
>>35382741
>never fat
>brother who's a year younger fat his whole life
>I always ate good
>he always asked for McDonalds
>I ate meats and veggies
>he ate everything else
>stood up for him throughout school
>a lot of fights because of it
>got detention, suspended and expelled
>graduate and move in with our lives
>at 19-20 years old he was down to 140lbs
>I'm proud
>I'm 24 and in the beat shape of my life
>he's now 23 and 240lbs at 5'8"
>I'm disappointed
>mfw
I try to help him but he has no self control.
Same with our mom. She's 260 fatasfatass. Oh well.can't live their lives for them. We're half beaner and half white. Grew up in the ghetto so we were surrounded by fatty beans. I knew at a young age I didn't wanna look like that. All about discipline. Because of my routines and lifestyle I can eat anything I want and not have to worry. I'm used to portions so I get full quick if it's greasy. Like for lunch I had a whole pizza from little Cesar's. Took me about 1.5 hours because I take my time but I'm still gonna eat dinner.
>>
>>35384072
Finding self-worth from the number on the scale is alright when practiced in moderation. Your confidence that you will maintain a low weight is more important. Over reaction and despairing over a single week of behavior, particularly during holidays, is a sign of some real issues.

Maybe your problem isn't your weight. Remember, using proxy-problems as a substitute for what really hurts your soul is unhealthy. Face your problems, don't create new ones to hide from the ones that matter.
>>
>>35382741
Until I was 7.

When I was 7 I got a computer and I really liked the computer. The thing is, my mother thought I didn't eat enough, so she started forcing me to eat, otherwise "no computer.". Being overfed coupled with less activity made me fat real quick.

Yes and no. It's their fault, but it was ultimately me who was doing the eating.

Lost 25lbs already. I want to lose about 44 more. At my current rate, I should achieve that by April, but I doubt I'll manage to keep my current rate forever.

My father is also obese and my mother was/is a terrible cook. Most of the healthier foods that I thought I hated I found to only hate because it wasn't being done right.

The only good thing is that I never got into candy/sweets. Probably thanks to my mother SUCKING at making cakes and shit. But I was heavy into soda (and compeltely cut now) and I ate far too much cheese (father working selling it, so he could get the best cheese for the lowest prices and we pretty much had a ton of cheese available all the time).

I was always extremely healthy, though. My BMI was very low obesity, just losing a bit of weight was enough to put me at "overweight" rather than "obese". No junk food whatsoever and 100% of my sugar intake was through sodas (which were controlled through being poor). I've had doctor appointments like once or twice in my life, and that was for an unrelated hordeolum in my eye.
>>
>>35382741
>Until I was 5.
>Really didn't get bad until middle school. Was ~230 lb 5'4". Stayed within 20 lbs of that through college.
>Mom did it, Dad was too much of a beta to tell her no (he's very athletic). There will always be resentment towards what happened, but I've worked things out with them.
>Yeah, 165 lb 5' 10".
>>
I'm currently 19 and 226 lbs (6'2" so it's not the worst). For like the past 4 years I have been in the 200 range. I don't want to go to the gym until I'm lighter (really self conscious).

Please anons, any advice on what I could do to lose weight?
>>
>>35384373
>6'2 226lbs

there's no way it's THAT bad that you feel self conscious going to the gym unless you're somehow like Hella% bodyfat
>>
File: 1450829635923.png (69 KB, 1675x643) Image search: [Google]
1450829635923.png
69 KB, 1675x643
>>35384373
>>
>>35382741
I used to be skinny and very healthy in my early childhood (0-7years old) and all the family is morbidly obese and i was forced to eat so i can become part of the "family" skinny fat 9-11years and overweight 11-14years after that i started to workout and trying to eat healthy even thought my mom wanted to ruin my diet everytime by buying alot of chocolate ( i'm addicted to suggar) she knew that i couldn't resist and she continued to buy pizza and burgers for lunch and dinner without cooking anything and not letting me go to kitchen so i don't make my own food ( she used to find me skinny when i was overweight i think she have some weird fetish about obese people) well at that point i stayed a skinny fat from 14 to 16 years old ( i didn't lose weight i couldn't because of my mom behaviour it was just the puberty i grew up from 4,9 to 6,1ft in 2 years )
anyway after that i became bulimic it was the only way for me to lose weight and now im just an ottermode .
>>
>>35384340
Bro I know.. Like I've looked the best I ever have in my whole life yet when I look in the mirror all I see is my fat ass highschool self... And I know I'll drop back down to 190ish once this week is up cuz I'm getting back on the grind tomorrow.. I know I have problems lol
>>
>>35382741
>were you ever skinny
Yeah. Played tennis for awhile as a kid before I quit cold turkey and gained the weight
>16, when I quit. Also just got my driver's license so I could make runs to my local grocery/mcdonalds and just consume all the beetus. I also got my first job at a McD at the age and ate the crew meals.
>Do you resent your parents
I could never resent my parents
>Have you started to lose it yet
It's gone. 500 calorie deficit, hit the gym every other day.
>>
Fat since school started when I was like 5. Used to be a skinny little rat then became an obese motherfucker during first few years at school. 20 now and still fat.

I don't resent my parents because they didn't intentionally harm me, but my weight has definitely fucked me up in more ways that one. I have no self esteem and I despise being in public / being seen by people. It's made me envious of any other guy who gets even the smallest amount of attention from girls, although I'm trying to work past it.

I lost a good 80 pounds when I was in highschool, around 15-16. Motivated by just being alone all the time and hoping my weight would lead to a girlfriend. I lost it through dieting only so even though I was at a good weight for my height I was ugly skinnyfat. Hit a 3 week plateau where I was down to eating 1200/day, couldn't break it and gave up and gained most of it back.

Since then I've probably tried losing weight 5+ times a year and give up every time. It's not the knowledge that I struggle with, it's just staying motivated / disciplined to do it.
>>
I was thin up until I turned 9 and then I became fat as fuck. Still pretty big but I can run for about 9 miles straight before dying of boredom so I am fine with it. When I turned 9 my parents started partying and then they got divorced, my mom would come home from partying all night and pack me a lunch of 2 dry ramen packets and told me to trade one for a chocolate milk. Not only were we broke but apparently we were too proud for assisted lunches. I peaked my weight at 340 when I was 13 or so and then mellowed out to 280 by the time I was 18. Since then my lowest has been 190, and right now I am around 220 because I moved back in with dad and his gf who makes amazing food for a few months while unemployed, and while I am fine at being disciplined at the grocery store if you put a plate of spaghetti in front of me I fucking lose it bro.
>>
I used to be skinny and play a lot of sports, then at 10 i was raped and get fat and stop playing sports.

Such is life:(
>>
>>35382741
Yes, I was super skinny because I was a hyperactive little shithead until I was 9 or 10.
Father died when I was 9, didn't go outside much after that, food and depression happened, etc.
Nah, my mother had enough on her plate at the time (no pun intended), and she was an amazing mother in every othere aspect.
Yes, from 130kg down to 105kg, I'm back up at 112kg now because holidays and exam stress, but I'm on a strict diet again.
>>
I'm not american so no.
>>
I think the "skinniest" I have ever been was when I was like... in first grade or so? I'm not sure.

Asthma in Junior High. It's mainly "asthma when I work out" kind, but it stopped being a problem in HS. That's p. much it.

Kind of? I resent her more for not trying to lose weight like I am now. As for making me fat...
Not really? Kind of have to move and shit, y'know?

Mhm, lost 50lbs in the past year (I took a lot of "breaks") and planning on losing the rest of my weight this year and then bulking to get dat ass.
>>
File: 1449962937226.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1449962937226.png
356 KB, 572x380
I used to be really skinny as a kid. I started getting chubby when I was around 10. When I was 12 I was my heaviest at 130. Now my weight fluctuates between 105-110 and it's been like that since I was 14.

I definitely wish my parents would have encouraged healthier eating habits in our household. I still try to get them to eat better but they're so set in their ways.
>>
>>35382741
Somewhere between 10 and 15 I slowly started gaining weight. I was never huge or anything, always just above the medical definition of overweight (about 195 lbs on 6' was the highest I got, but really with zero muscle, I mean it). I was bullied, not heavily, but enough to ruin my adolescence.
My parents were (and still are) overweight as well, so I guess they never saw it as a problem. I didn't really binge any sweets, but there was always something lying around at home and my mom made no effort to make good food around that time, as she was busy planning and building a new house. I don't blame her, I was a pathetic human at that point.

Everything changed with about 18-20 or something. Doctors at the military told me my body was a disaster, my ex gf who was really fit encouraged me to do sports and I had a serious bike accident that made me lose ~20 lbs in four weeks and go to physical therapy. I broke a few of my vertebrae, so I was forced to continue with the physical therapy at home to strengthen my back. Step by step I increased the intensity of that workout when at some point I thought I might just as well get stronger too, that's where I am now at 25, looking and feeling better than ever. Went from the 195 lbs that I had when I was 19 to 145 lbs with 21, now I am back at 165 lbs at ~13% bf. It's not a huge thing and it really didn't require any real effort to lose weight, but I learned so much about hunger, appetite, food etc.
>>
Puberty hit me hard between 15 and 17, so for a moment, yes. After that I got fatter again.
At around 11 when I had some interest in girls, I reckon.
Little bit. They never encouraged me to exercise and didn't keep much clean food in the house.
I lost it all once, by 21, but lots of it came back. I can't remember how I managed to do that. Need to work on my discipline again.
>>
Childhood obesity should be prosecuted as child abuse.
>>
>>35387028
This
>>
>>35382741
Pretty much fell under the broke single parent case. All we fucking ate was junk food, and I'd happily go along with it too.

Then i realized what the fuck I was doing to myself and stopped. I used to drink like 2 cans of pop a day, shit was ridiculous
>>
>>35382741
At around age 6, my mother told me i ate a lot. It got lower steadily at around 15. Today at 18 I still have some to work off. I was never morbidly obese. Yes, I blame my mother for always buying cupcakes and donuts instead of healthful meals for the family. But she's a single mother, what does that tell you about her life choices?
>>
>>35387028
I like that idea.
>>
>>35382741

My whole childhood I was fat.
Got fatter and fatter as I grew up, mainly because my grandmother made a lot of good food. Showed her love by feeding me I guess.

My highest weight was 220lb, at 5'7'' when I was 19.

I'm 22 now and down to 157lb. Just started jogging and doing bodyweight exercises again after a long hiatus, got my overweight gf doing it with me. She was about the same weight as me when I started losing weight. She's down to 200lb now.

She blew up when she went to college though.
>>
>>35382741
I was normal until about 6-7, then developed an unhealthy relationship with food. My parents just thought it was 'growing boy' and 'puppy fat' and i'd 'grow out of it'. Was 20 stone 6ft4 at 16, lost 7 stone and went skele mode - took so much hard work and dedication but unfortunately just reinforced my parents' views that it was 'baby fat' and as such they don't see the failings they had in allowing me to reach that size that - whilst not as massive as others - still meant I grew up as the 'fat kid' and still socially pay for that now even though I'm joocy as fuaark.
>>
Yes. I started gaining weight when I was six or seven.
It started after my father attacked me in a drunken rage and I never saw him again.
My mother would work a lot since she didn't want to go through the hassle of getting child support, so I ate shit and was left alone.
Then when my grandmother passed away, my mother became a massive alcoholic herself and I just went full landwhale. Coming home and eating while watching cartoons was the only happy time between the being scared my mom was going to die, feeling unloved and being lonely because I had no one to talk to.
I feel bad when so many people say they don't resent their parents, but I do. Not just my weight, but how I act and how I have a hard time with self-esteem and just talking to people.
I recently found a picture of myself at ten looking so uncomfortable and ashamed while trying to cover up my body that I broke down like a pussy. I love my mother, but I really should have been taken away. Having an alcoholic parent is so confusing that I imagine it's like having a bipolar parent. You never know how they're going to act every day and it fucks with you. I'm not even sure how long she's going to live because her liver is just wrecked and she wont go back to a doctor.
I've lost quite a bit. I'm 5'3, I weighed 310 lbs and I'm currently down to 234.
>>
>>35382741
Never had obesity problem, but in HS I got way to think because everyone around me was retarded and
>HURDUR TRAIN 7 DAYS A WEEK! WHAT CAN HAPPEN

Now I've gained all the weight back, but my knees are basically ruined forever.

Fuck I wish I could sue my HS coaches.
>>
>>35382829
2edgy4me
>>
I was a chubby kid. My parents couldn't cook worth shit. We ate pasta, canned shit, TV dinners, packaged snack cakes, etc. Just garbage. Mom had a huge sweet tooth and we'd get donuts daily. Dad was italian and made me eat a lot. Fucking carbs.

I was always chubby but never fat. Slowed down the weight gain when I converted my family to healthy eating (fruits and veg) at age 14. Otherwise I probably would have become a ham. Finally at age 21 I was 140 lbs, fat enough to get some chub rub going and an emerging muffin top. Since then I've slimmed down to 120. Still thick but for a burgerclap I get called anorexic sometimes, so I guess I'm doing pretty well. Mom is a beach ball body, dad is pretty good shape from construction work and healthy eating. I made my mom stop drinking a giant bottle of coffee creamer a week (1200 empty calories of pure garbage) and start going for walks. She lost about 10 lbs so it's a start. Pretty bad that I have to retroactively parent my parents.

I resent them a bit, for that and other reasons. They just didn't care about my health at all, and I'm still dealing with permanent issues from it. If I think about it I'll just get angry and depressive, though, so I do the best with the hand I was dealt. Glad I was smart enough to get myself out of the poverty trap, or I'd be like my peers--drug addicted single mothers with a deadend job and no education. All in all I did better than expected. But just to think what I could have been if I'd been born into a rich family who gave a shit about me.

I think all parents should have a mandatory healthcare class before having a kid. Things like, "teach the kid to brush or they'll get a million cavities," and, "here's how to cook a healthy dinner. Don't force feed them 4 slices of bread and a fuckhuge bowl of pasta every day."
>>
>>35382741
No. Been a chunker in burgerland my whole life (30 now)
Had issues when younger, mostly self confidence. Made peace with them in early 20s. Still a fatty. Lost some weight in college, lowest was 220 at 5'5" (manlet also)
Nope. Family was half Italian, so pasta was plentiful. It's my fault for shoveling it down. I have many other things to hate my family for, but not the things I've done to myself.
Purchased a bike and hit it like a madman this year. Driven to go further and faster, weight-loss was an added bonus. Went from 260 to 165. Started bulk cycle beginning of November when biking 20+ miles per day was no longer feasible. Up to 175-180 now (holiday overeating).

So many new unfamiliar feels. Worst is to look at myself in the mirror and not recognize the person looking back at me...i want to get back on the bike though... I have a lot of fun on that thing...
>>
In early hs I was 280lbs at 6'6 but I never worked out so it was all fat. At 19 I was 6'8 170lbs. I'm now 6'9 220lbs. Been both skelly and fattie. Would recommended neither
>>
>>35388492
Go you, senpai
>>
>born in third world Carrib country
>slim and slender like everyone else
>transplant to US when 5
>by the age of 10 be fat as fatass
it's happened to my whole famillia.
>>
File: maquiagem e HAES.jpg (68 KB, 840x610) Image search: [Google]
maquiagem e HAES.jpg
68 KB, 840x610
When I was 18 years old I lost weight and I kept my ideal weight for 3 years, until my freshman year in college started. I gained 30kg in one year.

Since I was 6. I was a really annoying brat, I would only eat shit filled with sugar or fat.

No, but I wish they could have said 'no' back then. I'd say 90% of my problems are because I used to be fat all my life.

My maximum was 130kg, now I'm under 90kg. I want to achieve 80kg, then I'm going to gain lean mass. I have genetics for it, so I'm excited.
>>
I was fat when I was 8, then I decided not to be fat anymore. When I was 10 I was in normal weight. Kinda over did it tho, a skele now
>>
>>35390223
>30kg in one year
holy shit senpai

>were you ever skinny in your life?
When I was really young, maybe. But I'd say I was pretty chubby by middle school and full-blown fat by HS. Did XC junior and senior years and got less fat, but still chubby. Then gained a bunch of weight during my first 2.5 years of college to the point of BMI obese

No, they really didn't know too much better, and they did encourage me to try to lose weight, although I don't think they really knew how themselves.

>Have you started to lose it?
Down to 12%ish body fat now, with an end goal of 6-8% sometime this year.
>>
Currently I am 6'3" ~185lbs. , so I guess you could consider me "skinny". I don't lift as much as I used to, but the core is still there
Probably around 9-10 when my parents stopped caring about my physical well-being. I wasn't as talented at extracurriculars as my older brother so I spent a significant portion of my childhood in a car or watching my brother participate in a sport.
Of course. They never let me play basketball, football, because they "don't understand it". Fucking Asian parents man.
I lost it all by myself. I was like 5'10 and 220 when I was 14, decided to join track and became a state champion in my event by my senior year in high school. Even went to college for track. I don't care for my health as much now, because I've gotten to the point where I am happy with my physique
>>
>>35390223
>>30kg in one year

WAT

You were gaining 80g of body weight a day.
>>
>>35382741
I was a bit chubby as a kid but my mom shammed me into losing weight and made me obsessed about fitness and weight loss.

T-T-Thanks mom
>>
File: 1380460007782.gif (2 MB, 372x262) Image search: [Google]
1380460007782.gif
2 MB, 372x262
>>35382741
>always been short and fat
>was made fun of occasionally in school, but had some good friends that stood up to me and made me feel okay anyway

>but I'll NEVER forget that one girl
>that one bitch of a girl who came to class one day and started bragging about having had sex with her new boyfriend or some shit
>she was probably having an extra bad day, being extra bitchy and rude over her usual self
>she decides to make fun of me in front of everybody, calls me out on being short and fat and really makes a big deal out of it, even starts poking my flab and mantitties before my friends tell her to gtfo
>been extremely self concious ever since, but never been motivated enough to do anything about it

In 2016 I wanna lose weight. I weigh about 200lbs right now, I'd like to weigh about 130lbs or less. The only things I can think of doing is cold turkeying everything I'm used to, but I don't think I can manage that discipline for more than a couple of days before I give up again.
>>
>>35391198
Try intermittent fasting while gradually replacing shit with lower calorie shit and healthy stuff. I found it super helpful to be able to eat a good amount and be pretty full once or twice as opposed to having small meals that aren't really as satisfying more times during the day.
>source: lost ~30kg on IF and still ate shit a decent amount of the time, at least towards the beginning of the weight loss
gl senpai rooting for you
>>
>>35391374
That sounds like a pretty good plan actually. I'll look up relative info, thank you.
>>
>>35391198
>That cunt is probably a used up fucctoi at this point.

You have it within you, phamalam. Gradual changes can help a lot, and consistency is key. You gotta want the change more than you want your results more than the false sense of happiness you get from the things that are holding you back. We're all going to make it. You're going to make it.
>>
>>35391475

>Want the results more than the results more than the stuff holding you back

I may be retarded when typing anon, but you get the point. Kicks some ass.
>>
File: 1381600229372.png (200 KB, 530x482) Image search: [Google]
1381600229372.png
200 KB, 530x482
>>35391475
>We're all going to make it.
>>
>>35382741
I was fat as a kid, say from 10 - 13
Not skinny now but at least way skinnier than were I was. Joined the school boxing club at 12 cause some friends joined and thought it would be fun. It wasn't, but at least I lost weight.

Now. Never really cared about my weight, but now that I am in college I fear that I will end up fat since my job will be using the computer all day.

I don't. It was my fault for not caring/doing exercise ever.

Not yet.
>>
>>35386848
What's your height?
>>
File: ippo.gif (935 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ippo.gif
935 KB, 500x375
>>35382741
Here, but not anymore.
Around 13 - 14 and 17 I was, but kept gaining weight back after depression.
Probably since 5, but I didn't become self-aware until around 10.
Yes. They've no right to pass on their shitty eating habits to their children, ultimately increasing life's difficulty by depleting my confidence from an early age.
I believe I've had many issues stemming from the low confidence of being fat, and some still remain.
It led to years of an inferiority complex, eating disorders, and abuse of DNP (took large doses for long periods of time like an idiot 2 years back, funny thing is I always gained weight back after cycles since they always reduced me to a depressed mess devoid of will power and the ability to care about my well-being).
I already have, and without DNP.
I was really fucking tired of feeling like an inferior mess.
I go on regular walks, hikes, adhere to a strict lifting routine and watch what I eat nowadays.
Unfortunately, there's damage that cannot be undone.
I'm told I look good but body dysmorphia still lingers. I'm still heavily reclusive, taciturn and somewhat bitter. I wonder how I would've turned out had I grown up at a healthy weight.
>>
>>35390839
Tough love can be positive sometimes. And you can kill them afterwards if you're still bitter :D
>>
Did anyone really start to gain weight after having their tonsils removed?
>>
>>35392180
wut?
>>
Nope.
All my life.
Kinda, but after a point it's my fault. My dad was always heavy and he pampered me/sisters with food all the time. He's skinny now but because he got surgery and apparently my sisters tell me he resents us for being overweight now.
Yes but then I backtracked already.

>trainer wants to weigh me next week
>know I've gained weight because I've checked
>>
>>35392336
Everyone in my family says that weight started to show after having tonsils out, but it probably has to do more with puberty or something. I guess I mean that diet/exercise didn't change but I went from normal-ish weight to visibly overweight.
>>
>>35392611
That sounds like bro science. Puberty is much more likely, I agree. Weirdest fatty argument I've heard so far.
>>
0-5, 21-22(present)

Parents split when I was 5 and started mainly living with my mother. She thought that milk was the healthiest thing in the world and told me that I could drink a literally unlimited amount without adverse side effects. So from age 5-14ish I drink half a gallon of whole milk daily.

yes my mother told me that milk was holy water and now I know it to only really be used be people trying to put on weight/ignorant people. Was I really suppose to know any better at that age?

Yes, topped out at 270 at age 19. Had a revelation that I was going to be a fat fuck slob for the rest of my life if I didnt make drastic lifestyle changes. 185lbs now at 22. Still cutting hope to be below 160 eventually. Im 6'0"
>>
>>35382741
I was overweight and miserable about it. come from a typical Greek family so saying no to food was anathema in the household, and my mum cooked a lot of oily starchy food and served huge portions.
since im living in my own place and have complete control in what I eat, Im very fit and healthy, and completely educated about food.
>>
>>35391198

5'6" manlet here, sorry you had that experience. No one has ever called me out on my height, although I can't say it won't happen one day. It is definitely possible to lose weight, I've lost 25 pounds and counting. We're all going to make it.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.