[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much does /fit/ tip the receptionist at the gym? Is a dollar ok?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 1421872380872.jpg (171 KB, 420x563) Image search: [Google]
1421872380872.jpg
171 KB, 420x563
How much does /fit/ tip the receptionist at the gym? Is a dollar ok?
>>
>>30758145

If you are under 6 foot don't bother tipping cause she probs doesn't trust manlets.
>>
about a fedora fiddy
>>
the standard is 15% of your gym membership. if you're a member of a fitness and wellness spa or on vacation at a fitness resort then you tip 20%.
>>
You're supposed to tip them?? Shit, no wonder they've been avoiding eye contact with me
>>
Public holidays almost bankrupt me, Fucking triple fees
>>
why the fuck would you ever tip a receptionist
>>
>>30758766

if you go at the same time every day, then you see that person at least once a week. give them a gift on like christmas or something
>>
>>30758766
You don't tip? that's rude. If you appreciate your gyms state you should tip
>>
>>30758794

i go to a YMCA in the middle of a large city, its random black chicks that come and go, and none ever even look, let alone talk to me when i come in. not a chance id ever get them shit
>>
>>30758794
wtf? is this a USA thing?
>>
>>30758145
Look at that bitch's condescending smirk.
>>
>>30758812

i have literally not one time in my entire life ever seen someone tip a receptionist
>>
File: 1422740270078.jpg (52 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1422740270078.jpg
52 KB, 479x720
>Tipping the receptionist
i'll give ya a tip alright
>>
>>30758817
No. These people are crazy.
>>
>>30758831
Most people tell the receptionist to put it in their fees.
If you've only signed up gym costs you should probably tip, even if it's every now and then
>>
>>30758817
Lel. No.
>>
File: hwat.jpg (23 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
hwat.jpg
23 KB, 460x288
>>30758145
Why the fuck would you tip gym staff? Is this an American thing?

Is she giving you wristies while you curl?
>>
>>30758857

fuck no
>>
>>30758766
Same reason you might tip the person who works at Chipotles or Starbucks or your local shops. They work to serve you, they're trying to support themselves, and they could use a little cash to get by.
>>
>>30758836
underrated post
>>
>>30758917

they dont though. see

>>30758814
>>
>>30758935
I mean, some service workers aren't good at their jobs. Not tipping them sends a message back I guess, but maybe a small tip might be appropriate unless they were rude to you.
>>
Why the fuck do you people's gyms have receptionists. Why do you need to be received? Get your gym to fire these people so your membership can be cheaper.

I don't need another step between me and squatz.
>>
>>30758917
then why the fuck don't they tip me? i work a job so that i can afford chipotle, and me buying it supports their wages. of course, i could use a little cash to get by too
>>
ITT: americunts and fedoras
>>
>>30758958
Agreed, shitty service needs a wake up call, but otherwise I toss a fiver here and there
>>
>>30758985
No one's gonna kill you if you don't tip them, but it's a nice thing to do, you know?

If you're at a restaurant though, if you can't afford to tip, you can't eat out.
>>
>>30758996
>if you can't tip don't eat
no shit.

starbucks is a different animal, it's fucking $5 for a drink, i could get 2 burgers and some fries from mickey dees for less than that. the cost of the coffee clearly has the barista's (exorbitant) wage included in it, so why should i tip?

and by your logic, the one being served should throw a little extra cash on top if they could use it. well, if i'm serving the barista by being a patron of starbucks, and i could use a little extra cash, why doesn't she recognize this and tip me?
>>
if you see the same receptionist for months on end and they make an effort to be pleasant to you, I don't know why you can't just toss ten bucks their way once a year
>>
>>30759037
Because you don't owe her anything. It's part of her job to be nice to you.
>>
nice memeing bros
>>
>>30759054
That's a bit of a dick move, you can't be forced to be nice to people you don't like, or at least not without the customer noticing. Do you feel like the receptionist secretly hates you?
>>
File: 1395282584270[1].jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1395282584270[1].jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>>30759076
Y-yes...
>>
File: australia.jpg (87 KB, 729x410) Image search: [Google]
australia.jpg
87 KB, 729x410
>>30759076
Let me tell you of a magical place.

Where minimum wage earners make $21/hour and retail staff pretend not to despise you, even though nobody tips.
>>
tip = .1f + (10p / t) + (10m / t)

f is the monthly cost to use your gym.
p is the number of plates you used in total.
m is the number of machines you used.
t is the time you spent in the gym.
>>
>>30759084
I bet she says enjoy your workout when you least expect it. I was almost caught out with a "you too" moment
>>
>>30759134
Implying I'm not a full occa myself.
Not tipping just means you are unemployed centrelink scum that is counting the pennies
>>
>>30758831
I'm a receptionist and I get 1-4 dollars every shift in tips. No joke. We appreciate the Fuck out of that shit, one of the girls uses the money on tolls to get to school after work. I usually just keep mine In a specific pocket of my purse and when I have 3 bucks I buy a quest bar
>>
>>30758817
its an ebin maymay
>>
>>30759084
Don't you notice how waitresses tend to be nicer to you to get a bigger tip?

Your receptionist probably greeted you on the first few times you went to the gym but stopped after she realized you don't tip.

I always tip my receptionist $2-3 per gym session and we're on really good terms. Always says good morning to me and smiles. Really brightens my mood and makes the workout so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>30759190
That's actually a pretty accurate description of me, but wtf? I only tip if I spill wine on a waitress or some kind of bullshit like that.
>>
>>30758145
Bout 2 inches. 3 if she's hawt.
>>
What kind of faglord tips the receptionist? Is this an American thing? I don't even think that shits legal over here
>>
I always go at 9 when the employees are gone, so fuck em
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.