[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wat do /fit/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 197.jpg (30 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
197.jpg
30 KB, 450x338
Hey /fit/

I come to you today for advice and I'll just get straight to it.

I'm 18 and I'm 86 kg at 178 cm in height. When I look at myself in the mirror I see an even more disgusting version of Private Pyle from FMJ.

Aside from my crippling self-confidence issues, I also suck at just about anything fitness or sports related. I was one of those kids that preferred to stay inside and play vidya gaems rather than go outside and play.

Of course, this is now coming back to bite me in the ass. From the way I see it, I am on the literal edge of the BMI scale between overweight and obese. I have never visited a gym in my life and I doubt I ever would considering how nervous and uncomfortable I feel around other people. Especially strangers.

I tried to do a push-up not 5 minutes ago and the only thing I succeeded in doing was to just lay there and hopelessly try to lift myself off the floor. Could not do a single one. I walk to school every day ( like 1.2 km ) and I get winded and my feet hurt by the time I'm there.

I have no idea what to do, /fit/. I live with my parents and when I try to talk them about this they just avoid the conversation. I don't think they take it seriously at all. I've thought about ways of killing myself, but I know I could never do it because of how big a pussy I am.

I come here as an act of sheer desperation. I fear that if I don't do anything about this soon I might die of a heart attack by the time I'm 30. Wat do?
>>
Read the sticky, fatass
>>
Every thread deserves at least one reply :^)
>>
First of all, no one starts a push-up in prone position; you start with your arms extended and THEN lower yourself. You're shitting on yourself and you didn't even do it right. Keep walking, perhaps even jog a little unless you the cramps are unbearable. Cardio burns more fat than weightlifting. I was once like you, I never got a gym membership. I bought a bench and forced myself to use it, researched keto and intermittent fasting and now I'm maybe a week from 12% bf. 18 is a prime age to weight train especially. You could change your life in a year, you just can't see the forest from the trees yet
>>
On top of that, overweight and obese men typically have higher levels of estrogen. You literally become more of a man the more fat you shed.
>>
Many of these people also took pictures of themselves when they were at their worst; a fairly innocuous thing to do but to look at it now, it serves as a physical testament to their determination. Read the sticky, it has the info
>>
>>35382541
I've been walking the same distance to school for the past 5 years. I don't think walking is cutting it anymore. I've considered diversifying my route, maybe include a bit if jogging, but having a backpack full of stuff doesn't make for a pleasant jogging experience. At least not for me
>>
>>35382450
>>35382450
How many times have you read the Sticky, private Pyle?!
>>
>>35382450
> 18 years old
> having to lose maybe 16 kg while getting more active

dude, that's not even hard mode. just read the fucking sticky.
>>
>>35382591
tfw 185cm // 120kg

dont complain private, there's always someone worse off
>>
File: broatz.gif (25 KB, 451x75) Image search: [Google]
broatz.gif
25 KB, 451x75
>2015
>People still don't see the running dinosaur

inb4 "I use catalog" fuck off read the sticky
>>
>>35382676
I use catalog.
>>
Been browsing through the sticky. I do kinda feel like a dumbass for not looking at it before making this thread
>>
>>35382450

I was 100kg (at 5'11) when I started wanting to lose weight a month ago and I had to walk 25 minutes to college and back (50 minutes overall) and I could do so without problems. In fact I was usually out walking for a couple of hours every weekend in forests or parks to "keep fit" then getting fast food afterwards :/

You just sound like you have no muscle whatsoever, do some proper leg exercises, get better shoes and learn some easier exercises that can ease you into to push ups once you build some muscle/lose weight.

Im one month into lifting and healthy eating / calorie counting now and have lost 11kg so im still above your weight and I feel great, I can only imagine how I will feel when I reach my goal of 75kg (at which point I will attempt to start to bulk and gain more muscle).

I am slightly socially awkward too (not to the point of feeling uncomfortable around strangers) and the easiest way to avoid contact is to keep your head low and wear headphones.

The hardest part is getting startes, once you get a feel for working out, your determination to continue should follow suit. Force yourself to eat healthily and lift 3 times a week for a month and weigh yourself again after a month and see the difference.

Also, read the fucking sticky.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.