[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /keto/ here? I'm losing weight like crazy and my blood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: cyclical-ketogenic-diet-2.jpg (84 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
cyclical-ketogenic-diet-2.jpg
84 KB, 640x300
Who /keto/ here? I'm losing weight like crazy and my blood sugar is evening out. Why don't we all do this, all the time?
>>
Because you cant build musle on keto diet.
>>
>>30539483
But... I did
>>
Fat comes back quick when you eat carbs again bro srs
>>
>>30539492
>building muscle without carbs

kek
>>
>>30539495
Not true.

Fat comes back if you start to eat like a pig again!

It's amazing that the diet that made you fat before the weightloss also makes you fat after!
>>
Was keto for a week
Lifts regressed, almost dropped bar on my face
No longer keto
>>
>>30539457
It's the best diet for weightloss!

Don't know about gaining muscle, because I don't really give a fuck about that, but it's fucking amazing if you want to get rid of some fat.
>>
I'm loving everything about Keto so much except for this god damn rash I get. I'm trying to stay positive and hope that the rash goes away soon.
>>
Keto has helped my mood swings and has cleared my face completely (probably more simple sugars)

At some point when it becomes unmaintainable I'll add in carb sources slowly to figure out the culprit, but for now I'm pretty content.
>>
>>30539483
>>30539511

Not OP but there is nothing special about carbs that makes them 'essential' to building muscle you dimwits.
>>
>>30539457
>Why don't we all do this, all the time?

Because some of us need to perform well for sports.
>>
>>30539800
Depending on the sport, you can get good results in keto.

Endurance sports are great.
>>
>>30539800
I don't get it
>>
>>30542179
Weak mind.
>>
>>30539457
Keto is for DYELS or fat fucks.
>>
>>30539457
>Why don't we all do this, all the time?
because it's designed for epilepsy patients and has numerous serious downsideds, which is why everyone on keto that doesn't have epilepsy is fucking retarded

>having increased levels of uric acid
>hypocalcemia
>increased risk of kidney stones
>higher chance of infections
>needing to supplement with water-soluble vitamins
>probably not even doing it right seriously risking your health due to acidosis.

fucking retards, just eat healthy shit and count calories.

don't eat chicken and rice every single day, don't go and eat 2 grams of protein per lbs of bodyweight you fucking retards
don't cut carbs 100 %, but don't get all your carbs from added sugars either

just eat a healthy varied diet with a focus on protein, and count calories.

but then again, keep brosciencing on for all i care, do nofap on keto and avoid all carbs. then whine on /fit/ when you figure out you're not in amazing shape even though you did keto with all your research coming from t-nation or bodybuilding.com
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1242x2208
>>30542615
>not doing keto for a month just to cut easily then eat a well balanced diet to bulk
Kek stay pleb
>>
File: 036800049802_RF___JPEG_3[1].jpg (176 KB, 960x281) Image search: [Google]
036800049802_RF___JPEG_3[1].jpg
176 KB, 960x281
Because I can stay lean and control my blood sugar while eating delicious healthy carbs.

Pic related, chowing down on this right now with some homemade tomato sauce
>>
File: 1411183092395.jpg (4 KB, 104x128) Image search: [Google]
1411183092395.jpg
4 KB, 104x128
>>30539457
>keto

ahahahahahaha

you guys are funny
>>
>>30543050
that stuff is probably high in protein, so its all good
>>
>>30539966

I don't know about you, man, but I'd been in Krav for a few months and doing fine while eating at maintenance, but on keto, the in-class cardio warmup fucking murdered me. I got lightheaded and nauseous.

It's possible I wasn't going about keto the right way, though. My piss test strips only put me at the low range for ketones. I was rolling about 1700 kcal a day, still getting about .75g protein / lb. bodyweight, and generally sticking to less than 40g carbs per day. Was there something I was profoundly doing wrong?
>>
>>30539511
Post the article where you read this, I'll wait.
>>
>>30543071
le shitpost :^)
>>
Keto is the best option for losing weight quickly
However, from my own experience with keto your brain gets slow as fuck which is not really optimal when you're studying.
>>
>>30539966

>endurance sports
>no glycogen
>>
>>30543177
>tay lean and control my blood sugar while eating delicious healthy carbs.
>Pic related, chowing down on this right now with some homemade tomato sauce

Its normal getting dizzy the first few weeks you do keto
>>
>>30542615
Almost all of your risks only occur if you're retarded or diabetic. Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
>>30543296
I experienced the keto brain fog when I was passing my driving test.

It didn't impede me, but then again the test is easy as shit anyway.
Saying that, I can't remember the last time I really stressed my brain.
Can't forget those brain gainz.
>>
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/planet27.htm

> The fact is every serious bodybuilder and lifter has been sidetracked and horribly misguided on the 'zero or low carbohydrate' kick. Not only is this a whole lot of nonsensical marketing schlock anyway, but also going low carbohydrate is absolutely disastrous for athletes who want to build muscle faster
>Carbohydrates spare protein and are your body's principal source of fuel. They provide the energy necessary for intense workouts more efficiently than any other energy source. Protein needs carbohydrates to work.
>In fact, starving your body of carbohydrates during and after periods of intense exercise will likely cause your body to use protein as an energy source. In severe cases of low carbohydrate for prolonged periods, this may even result in the breakdown of hard-earned muscle proteins to be used as fuel during workouts or to replenish muscle glycogen after training.
>bodybuilders and other athletes may be at risk of catabolizing muscle protein to meet the body's demand for glucose and may actually sacrifice gains in lean muscle if they follow low carb diets
>>
I'm cutting for a muay thai fight with keto, Is this counterproductive? Should I just do a regular cut with carbs? the fight is 15 days from this friday and I need to cut from 75kg to 70, or at least cut to 72kg and dehydrate til I hit 70. What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>30542615
Misinfo is misnfolicious.
>>
>>30547091
PSMF
>>
>>30545557
>broscience
>bodybuilding.com
>who said anyone wants to build muscle on keto?
>>
>>30547091
5kg is nothing man, I would run that off in an hour during wrestling
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.