[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which routine to choose as beginner/intermediate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: greyskulllp.png (47 KB, 547x465) Image search: [Google]
greyskulllp.png
47 KB, 547x465
So I've been wondering what routine I should choose. At first I was quite sure that I should begin doing a strength routine, but a recent post on 4chan concerning the comparison of the results of a brosplit and SS changed my mind. My personal preferences are Phrakture's GSLP (with some added accessory work), Westside for Skinny bastards, some P/P/L routine or even a brosplit. So what to do, /fit/?
>>
>>30218027
please post your lifts, height and weight (bodyfat% too if you know that), then we actually might be able to help you
>>
>>30218027
Pic related is great, unless you care about increasing your squat as fast as possible
>>
>>30218474
I weigh about 155 pounds am and 6 feet tall, around 15% BF. I honestly don't know about my lifts, I did some minor isolation work and machines but never truly stuck to the compound lifts. A rough estimate of my 1RM bench and squat would be 1pl8. After that I did calisthenics, which I am still doing, it does not yield the desirable results, so I figured getting back to the weights would be better.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>30218486
What about some accessory work?
>>
Phrakture's GSLP already has accessory work.

You are clearly not qualified to build your own routine. Do one of the sticky routines or a GSLP and read the appropriate literature.

You should also read SS and PPST in addition since basically all the popular novice routines use the concepts outlined in those books. Obviously the concepts have existed for longer but were rarely written for the layman.
>>
>>30218663
You shouldn't need it. At least not to begin with.

You're already doing plenty of volume with the AMRAP sets.

Read the book before you fuck around with the routine (this is specially important for GSLP because of the plugins).
>>
>>30218788
Will I still be able to get a balanced and somewhat aesthetic physique then?
>>
>>30218027
powerlifting: greyskull lp
general strength gain: SS
athletic performance: SS
muscle mass gain: SS + accesories, substitute pc's for rows
>>
>>30219170
And for overall aesthetics?
>>
>>30219223
ss+accessories row substitution for 3-6 months, followed by texas method with bodybuilding accessories incorporated on a 15% IIFYM caloric deficit until you reach your desired bodyfat% (i'd reccomend 8-12%)
>>
File: 1403500610916.jpg (110 KB, 685x600) Image search: [Google]
1403500610916.jpg
110 KB, 685x600
>>30218643
Starting strength. Look up vids for proper form or just buy/download the book. Read the sticky. No, SS isn't a troll, but no matter what routine you do as a beginner, you won't get jacked without the use of steroids.
>>
>>30219263
I'm sorry to bother you again, but do you mind specifying the accessories or does the SS book cover that?
>>
>>30218027
>>30219146
you will still greatly benefit from linear progression programs, phrak's greyskull is fine for strength and aesthetics. but you might also try fierce 5, i don't know why it's not more popular here. this is the version of fierce 5 I currently do:

Workout A
>Squat 3x5
>Bench 3x5
>Pendlay Row 3x8
>Reverse Flye 3x10
>Calf Raise 2x15
>Tricep Extension 2x10

Workout B
>Deadlift 3x5
>OHP 3x5
>Leg Curl 3x8
>Lat Pulldown 3x8
>Cable Crunch 2x15
>Barbell Curl 2x10

You train 3 times a week just as in SS, SL, greyskull etc. ABA, BAB

The calf raises and tricep extensions in workout A and the cable crunches and barbell curls in workout B can be done as a superset, I personally don't like doing supersets so I just do them after another.
>>
>>30219357
Yeah, I will definitely look into this, thanks a lot.
>>
>>30219263
>texas method on a calorie deficit

someone doesn't "get" the texas method
>>
>>30219498
no problem mate, you can find the original version of the routine here:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
>>
>>30219326
i'd reccomend weighted chinups & dips alternating, with curls every monday and friday. use a dumbbell between legs for weight if you dont have a weight belt. i'd just do 3x10, but different people reccomend different rep schemes. accessories take place at the end of every workout. except maybe before deadlifts if those tire you out too much
>>30219508
TM isn't something you do for a short duration like SS, its a long term program. if i were to bulk my entire intermediate career, i'd be 30% bf
>>
>>30219732
Thanks a lot, I really have a good idea of what to choose right now. It'll be either SS (+ accessories) or Fierce 5 for me. Thanks again.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.