[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1433859699303.png (11 KB, 411x387) Image search: [Google]
1433859699303.png
11 KB, 411x387
Didn't see one in the catalog...

How much body english is reasonably acceptable when doing heavy bent over barbell rows? Is it possible to eliminate it completely?
>>
I've heard that no more than 30 degrees is acceptable.
I like to stay as parallel as possible, even if it means keeping my knees bent quite abit
keep wrists straight

god I love barbell rows, they get no respect
>>
>>35360499
Should I be relieving the slack as well like a deadlift ?
>>
Depends on the style of row, I do sort of pendeley rows but once you get above body weight it is harder to have no movement so I sort of jerk the weight off the floor really quickly with a bit of hip movement then pull hard as fuck, been noticing lots of thickening in my upper back since I stopped being so strict and moved up in weight. I'm up to about 120kg at bw:78kg. I think Pete Rubish does them like this. When pendeley teaches them, he mentions you need some momentum and hard arching of the back as you pull.

I fucked the ligaments in my ankle about 4 weeks ago and my ankle mobility is now like zero and squatting hurts like a bitch so am abstaining from them and deadlifts. What can I do to try maintain leg mass? Any thoughts on how long to heal?
>>
>>35360670
So it should be more explosive than strict?
>>
>>35360670
leg press
leg curls whatever. Just general leg moves, just ones that don't need lots of ankle flexibility.
>>
>>35360723
I found that relaxing my form a bit let me progress more and I have actually found my strict, unexplosive row from the floor is about 5kg above previous pb of bodyweight where I'd stalled for months.

It should be fast, explosive and heavy for low reps from the floor with back as close to parallel as you can. For higher rep stuff I prefer slow Yates style with a 1sec contraction at the top. Get a sick pump from them
>>
What do I eat to bulk and not feel like shit? Despite lifting every day I feel like I'm getting smaller.
>>
I can't do HIIT 3 times a week cause I can't recover that quickly. Should I do that even though I feel week and my legs are still sore?
>>
Don't feel like making a whole thread for this and don't know where else to post.

/fit/ going to the gym is ruining my relationship. My boyfriend says that he can't hang with me the days I go to the gym. I need to go early every Saturday because I'm going 4 days per week and the gym opens too late on Mondays in order for me to get to work on time and I need a rest day in between. He keeps asking me to miss days and I tell him I can't. I had to miss last Saturday because I had really strong period cramps from what I'm assuming is excess stress because I'm on the pill (never had strong periods til last week).

I tell him this but he still insists I'm putting the gym before him. I've told him to work out with me before but he never sticks to it. Incited him two weeks ago and he said no. Spent money on adjustable dumbells and some other equipment now sit on the floor of his room. I don't know what else to do I don't want to stop working out but I also don't want my relationship to end because of it.

Pls help /fit/ wat do?
>>
When not having eaten, hydrated and/or slept properly for the last (few) day(s), is it ideal to try to stick to your routine as you've stuck to it, to lower the intensity or to just skip it entirely and take rest days until you unfuck yourself?
>>
File: 1445465733511.jpg (88 KB, 650x423) Image search: [Google]
1445465733511.jpg
88 KB, 650x423
>>35360889
What I do is go to the gym and do what my body is able to do. I no longer do 3x5 or 5x5 strict, if I'm feeling great, I'll go in and do 6xF. If I'm feeling under the weather, I might do 3x3 or work on form or mobility.
>>
>>35360770
you're not eating enuff
eggs
pb
and chicken/veggies obviously
>>
>>35360786
perhaps throw LISS day in once a week?
>>
>>35360789
SS + gomad
>>
>>35360789
Why can't he hang with you on workout days? What time do you go? Can't he just come over after you're done in the gym? My ex used to find it hard to stay over the day before gym days because I'd get up at 6am to go lift before work and she didn't like being woken up/no cuddling/have to lock my flat etc.

If he thinks you're putting the gym before him, that's quite selfish of him to make you feel guilty like that. You lift 4 days a week, that's three days when he can hang with you, lifting is important to you, sitting at home masturbating to weebo shit is important to him. People have hobbies, you can't expect your entire life to revolve around one person and still hope that person to remain interesting and the person you fell in love with, because its their hobbies that make them interesting.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 320x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 320x252
Hey guys
I get a really weird pain in my right shoulder when doing anything 110lbs+ during seated flys on chest day. I am right handed.. Does it have anything to do with me favoring one side? Should I switch to flat dumb flys? What exactly can I do to correct this?
>>
>>35360789
if you were a guy talking about a girl everybody would be telling you to drop that bitch
so
drop that bitch
>>
>>35361213
this actually
>>
Is doing chest and shoulders on the same day actually that bad? If so should they both have separate days or should I do them with other exercises?
>>
>>35361318
You use shoulders when you train chest and both use triceps, why shouldn't you train both on the same day. If it works, it works. By all means experiment with separate days and pick what works best. For example, you could have two days that you alternate each time it comes around in your split,

A:
Chest - Main focus, i.e. heavy bench
Shoulder - Secondary Focus, i.e. rep ohp
Chest & shoulder assistance - flies, face pulls whatever
Tricep work - skullcrushers

B:
Same as A but switch the main and secondary focus

>>35361174
Don't use machines bro, especially if they hurt
>>
>>35361174
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSoHeSjvIdY
>>
>>35361097
I go at 7am on Saturdays. On weekdays i go at 4am but we both work. He has no car so I and his parents have to drive him around. I've tried multiple times to get him into it but obviously not forcing him because he's the one who's always complaining about how fat he's getting and says he wants to exercise and lose weight. He just ended up with all this pricey equipment he doesn't even use.

Its not like I spend 4 hours at the gym either I go 2 hrs max. I wish he would get into it so he could finally understand how important not to miss a day is. I got him MyFitnessPal on his phone which he has never used for his meals. I'm honestly out of ideas here...
>>
>>35360670
Was the ankle bothering you before it got snapped or was it a sudden snap
>>
>>35361419
So he won't hang on the days you lift? As in you finish work, he won't come over despite the next day being a rest day or he won't hang out the day before you lift because he doesn't want to wake up early? Coz if he doesn't want to wake up early, that is literally nothing to do with you, he is just lazy
>>
>>35361422
I fell over and it just went. Massive bruising all over my foot and up my calf to about my knee, huge swelling, gross as fuck. Doctor says it isn't broken but a sprain would have healed in a couple of weeks but although the bruising and swelling are gone I still cannae put weight on it despite doing it at the beginning of November
>>
>>35361405
Appreciate it anon. I actually do face pulls.. And man was I doing them wrong if this is the correct way. Thanks for the knowledge bruh
>>
>>35361419
he kinda sounds like dead weight and a loser in general

what keeps you there?
>>
>>35361455
He doesn't even say that he just says no. He sometimes wakes up early for no reason so I don't think that's the issue. His parents were dropping him off once because I invited him out and everything crumbled over because after waiting for him I called and he said he wasn't going to the gym. I had other things to do and it was getting late so he ended up not coming. I wish there was a way to make him understand without sounding obsessed about lifting.
>>
>>35361514
We've been together for 4 years now and I got a permanent job this year and started lifting over a year ago. It only has started now because my job has gotten more of my time and I'm getting ridiculous hours but I guess it's easier to blame lifting which doesn't seem as important as a job. He's my mate and I still love him but I just wish we could share this aspect of my life or that he would just understand.
>>
>>35361520
You don't have to sound obsessed, you just have to make it clear its an important part of your life, just like he is. It isn't about priority, there is no order, both he and lifting are important. You lift in the morning before work so it isn't even inconvenient for him. If you were lifting at 7pm, then that would mean you'd never see him - finish work at 6, go to gym, home at 9, bed at 10, leaves what, 1 hour to see him???

I think he just feels bad about his own stuff and he is expecting you to be his entire world and support him and everything when you're trying to do your own thing. Does he have any hobbies or friends?
>>
My deadlift is nearing 130 kg. Is it time for a belt yet? Also where to buy one that ships to the shitty part of Europe(im in Albania). Most ship to US only.
>>
>>35361758
Just use a belt when you want to use a belt, there is no set weight when to use one. You might get up to a 200kg deadlift beltless, no problems. As for where, check out strengthshop or just amazon
>>
I asked a slightly longer version of this in the last QTDDTOT but none of you fuckers replied so I'll have another go: how much protein should you eat per day per kg of bodyweight (with a proper source)?
>>
>>35361495
Yeah, I was doing them way wrong too.

If your shoulder hurts because it's a tendon or muscle strain, you could try applying Tiger Balm on it. My shoulders got rounded from too much bench and I got some strain and doing face pulls, shoulder dislocates and Tiger Balm has helped it.
>>
>>35361812
Enough. Just google Alan Aragon.
>>
>>35361717
He actually has more friends than I do. He's the only one who I speak with. I don't hang with anyone. I don't really do anything else. He's an artist so I guess that would be his hobby? Though that's also his job.
>>
Should I cut to 10-12%, currently at like 14%.

Stats are :

6'1 , 192 pounds

Bench - 235
Squat - 330
Deadlift - 405

Have a meh amount of muscle mass. I feel like if I cut to 10-12% I'll be a lot skinnier but will look better. 14.5 inch arms to put into perspective.
>>
I remember there exist a screencapped thread about oral hygiene and it is excellent. Does anybody have the img?
>>
>>35360431
fuck, fit, I NEED HELP.

everyone is messing with me, I've lost 100lb exactly and i'm 6'1 162lb, lifting for 4 months.

All my family and friends are saying I'm too skinny now. I nearly have abs and i'm so close, but now people have started to say im too skinny and should put on some muscle. I'm only a couple months from a solid 4/6 pack..

Is it better to
A) Fuck everyone, cut to 12%bf, then bulk
B) Slow my cut down by half (to about 1lb/ week)
C)Recomp for the entirety of next year

I'm in aussie so it's summer here. Really was keen for those summer abs.

Thanks and sorry for autism post

merry xmas
>>
>>35363285
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tLM_EeB8JA

?
>>
>>35363285
mry mxas, senpai. Keep cutting.
>>
>>35363285

In a couple of months, summer will be over and no-one will see your sixpack. 6'1 ~140 doesn't even look DYEL in clothes, it looks like every other couch potato skeleton once you've got a shirt on.
>>
posted in old thread thats bout to 404, but i'll ask again here, anyway; for arm (bis/tris) hypertrophy is it better to do lighter weight and high reps, say sets of 12+, or heavy weights and lower reps, 5x5 or 3x8?
>>
File: 1349217226441.jpg (42 KB, 720x439) Image search: [Google]
1349217226441.jpg
42 KB, 720x439
>>35363331
>mfw, even though it seems bro-sciencey
>>
>>35363559
Isolations tend to get a bit wonky with form on lower rep max sets, and can be a bit rough on the joints for some people. Somewhere in the 8-12 rep range is usually decent.

>>35362938
Yes. You could go either way but you sound ready to cut. You can always gain again after dropping a few %.

>>35361812
Lyle McDonald recommenda 2.2-3.3g protein/kg LBM. Aragon recommends 2.2+. General rules are that protein requirements go up in a deficit, and that erring on the side of more protein in general isn't a bad idea.
>>
My dad argued that someone can go from 80kg bench to 150kg bench in 1 year natty. I told him that's impossible since it gets increasingly harder after you reach a certain point which is way before 150kg, but he insisted. Which of us is right? Even with perfect genes and what not, can you go that high in 1 year?
>>
>>35363879
thanks man. i'll stick with 2x8, 1xfail then (fail as in can't do another without form being a shit)

May santa stuff your stocking with gains.
>>
>>35360431
How long will it take for the water retention from Yohombine hcl to go away once I stop taking it?
>>
>>35363897
probably not impossible if you have the genetics for it and eat a ton. it's definitely way above average progress, but some people are way above average.
>>
>>35363910
About 3 days, give or take depending on the person. You'll know when it happens.

>>35363897
Maybe. If so, it's extremely unlikely. There's always outliers though.
>>
>>35363961
I'm going on vacation on January 6th so should I stop taking it the first just to be safe? I don't wanna be all bloated and shit for the club sluts
>>
>>35363897
Someone had probably done it before. It depends on a lot of factors, of course. Are you going to go from a 80 to 150 bench in the next year? No, because you're too busy having stupid arguments with your dad.
>>
>>35363879

Bro the only problem is that i've been cutting and recomping for like 6 months now lol. It's kinda getting stupid.

Should I just focus all my energy on cutting this weight? Or eat at maintenance and try to start recomping?

I went from 215, fat/fail bulk, to 190-195 and i've been hovering around there.
>>
File: 1400135611159.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1400135611159.png
29 KB, 633x758
>Tfw can't eat any Christmas food because if I do I feel so guilty I will literally be driven to tears.

I think something is wrong with me, If my diet isn't 100% clean I will feel awful and start crying like a baby. Should I seek mental help?
>>
How can I tell if a girl is checking me out/mirin/ eye fuckin' me?
>>
Why are leg extensions so bad. Everyone shits on them but never says why. I need a great quad isolation that's not front squats.
>>
>>35364423
Looks away when you make eye contact, catch her staring more than once.

You can never really be sure so it's best to play it safe and assume they're not.
>>
>>35364437
By that merit, I got checked out today.
>>
cheat thread's always a graveyard
Where do I get started with testosterone supplements? They're illegal in USA unless prescribed, right?
If I'm 18 (still undergoing puberty), will test supplements affect how my bone/facial structure develops?
>>
>>35364417
Just start barfing after you cheat what could go wrong?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 250x243
>>35364417
>iktfb
>tfw was a fatty fat fat at 290
>tfw 195 now at 6'4
Inb4 skelly
>tfw gonna cut till New Years
>tfw eat the same things everyday
>tfw had some pork rinds with hot sauce
>tfw had less than a serving but told myself it was 200cals worth then call myself a fat fuck
>tfw think Imma gain back all the weight if I cheat off my normal meals even just a little
>tfw I still think I'm a fat fuck despite going from a 3xl to a L shirt
>tfw I still think Imma fatty in my mind
>tfw planned on "lean bulking" after New Years to fill out my 6'4 Slav frame
>tfw I'll probably stop a few weeks after cuz I don't wanna get super fucking fat again
>I've got serious problems bros
>>
>>35364424
Great forces focused on your joint. I'd say you better off with leg press
>>
>>35364424
They aren't. Going heavy/low rep on them can cause knee problems for some people, but doing relatively higher rep sets (8-12) is usually fine. Of course, if it causes knee pain, you can always discontinue them.

>>35364417
It's called orthorexia, and it's a legitimate eating disorder. Getting help may be in your best interest.

>>35364410
It's almost always a good idea to focus on one goal (LBM gain or fat loss) exclusively for an extended period of time. Pick the one that you think will be best for you at this time and do so until you hit whatever your goal is, then transition.

If you're going to cut, pick a goal ballpark bodyfat percentage to hit, and stick with the diet until you get there.

Recomping tends to be a bit of a waste of time if you aren't relatively new to lifting and/or overweight.
>>
>>35364470
We're on the same boat then I guess. I used to be a huge fatass and got bullied in school and I guess it just fucked with my head. I've been anorexic before but I recovered from it without the help of a doctor. I just feel like there's something wrong with my head because if I don't keep track of my macros and eat clean I feel that I would have an actual mental breakdown.
>>
>>35364497
Ohhh yeah mines not that bad bro..
Or maybe it is.. I'll over estimate calories in something on purpose. I won't have a break down but I'll call myself a
Fat fuck and shit like that.
Plus everytime I look in the mirror I see my fat ass highschool self. Ohhh well I'm glad I'm not a fatty anymore
>>
How do I get fit without getting fat? I bulked up to 160 and gained some noticeable muscle but also a huge fucking belly so I just sort of lost interest in getting bigger. My maintenance intake is something like 2600 and I have no idea how to hit anything over that "clean."
>>
I typed out a whole thing for the fem that had questions and the thing 404'd. Not wasting all that typing and you might still be around:

>>35364469
I'm 5'6" 120lbs (32) so my BMI is just near the cut off of underweight. You're skinny fat. What you need to do is read the sticky and start a weight lifting program. I started with SL5x5. You'll start to get muscle definition and look less doughy. (Aka more "toned".)

http://stronglifts.com

http://simplesciencefitness.com

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength - I started with SL5x5 but found that the weight increase was beyond my ability. If you find that you're getting to tired, you might want to look at this routine afterwards. (Though start with SL5x5 so that you get a good base of the main lifts. I lifted only the barbell for a few weeks until I was 100% sure my form was good.) Instead of doing good mornings, you can switch for Romanian deadlifts.

https://youtu.be/cNs8swRZL48

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLibo-Z1-9Z6jPVfvHhy0vHSuKKb9LMjNZ
>>
>>35364532
For the record I know that bulk/cut is better but in order to hit an acceptable level of intake I was taking in a shiiiitload of carbs which bloated me right the fuck out of /fa/. I'm fine getting a little fat in the process, but holy shit I was starting to get legitimate health problems (waking up every night with tingling numb limbs etc. until I stopped.) I have a good lifting routine, I just need dieting advice for bulking prolerly.
>>
>>35364570
Take your cutting diet and just make the proportions bigger
>>
>>35364532
You have to accept fat gain with muscle gain. It's just how nutrient partitioning works.

If you want to minimize fat gain, assuming your training and protein intake are on point:

1) limit your weight gain/intake. 10-20% over maintenance is a good place to start. If you're gaining 2 pounds a month or so, you're in the right ballpark.

2) set an upper limit for your bodyfat on your bulk, since partitioning tends to favor fat as you get fatter. Stopping around 15% is a decent place.
>>
>>35364579
My cutting diet is
>chicken
>cliff bar snack
>salmon
>water
With some vegetables and fruits and oils rolling around sometimes. That is a lotta fucking chicken if I want to hit 2800 calories, dude.
>>
>>35364596
So assuming I've fallen back to skinnyfat/average after my misadventure (I'll guesstimate 18-20%), would it be workable if I cut down to a lower body fat before I started again, even if it put me a little close to skeletonmode? I'm fine with the gaining fat as part of gaining weight thing, I'm not a retard, I just don't like looking/feeling like shit all the time. Gotta be controlled.
>>
>>35364606
Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Eat lotsa Greek yogurt (fage is the best brand). Peanut butter on toast is great too
>>
>>35360431

Not-so retarded question: can you cut fat eating at maintenance and doing cardio? Can you continue making strength gains or literally maintain the current level of strength?

Retarded question: is a sauna for 5 mins considered a warmup?

Idea for a thread: sexy songs to listen to while having sex.
>>
>>35364685
eating at mantenance + cardio = deficit cal
>>
>>35364634
It's reasonable to diet back down to a lower bodyfat, say 10-12%, before trying a controlled gaining phase again. Don't worry about the whole skellymode thing, its difficult to focus on bulking if you constantly feel fat all the time. The initial cut is worth it if it'll help you feel better in the long run.
>>
>>35364685

Technically a deficit; look into recomping (+500 calories on workout days, -500 on rest)

No. Do <50% of your 1RM for 5-10 reps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk_A2MSmpIY
>>
Can I cut on a budget? I have about 50 dollars for food a week. Does anyone have any cheap cut recipes? I don't mind eating the same thing every day.
>>
>>35364707

Rice
Chicken Breast
Vital Wheat Gluten
Beans
Peanut Butter
Pasta
Cum
Milk
Olive Oil
>>
throughts on induced vomit when exceeding your kcalgoal?
>>
>>35364775

Your body has likely already absorbed some of the nutrients. Kinda pointless. Also terrible for you teeth and esophagus.
>>
>>35364775
don't do it. Seriously doing this even once can create a habit. Just be smarter and keep better track of what you eat.
>>
>>35364789
>>35364795
i was curious cuz did not hear about it here, thats why i wanted to know the cons of this action.
not thinking about doing it
>>
>>35364728
One of these things is not like the other

one of these things just doesn't belong
>>
>>35364775
The amount of fat you can put on in a 24 hour period is nothing to freak out over. It's more concerning that you'd consider that as a viable solution in the first place.

>>35364707
Just like bulking, anything you can buy in bulk is a good idea. Try to buy things that are protein rich, available in large amounts, and low in calories - things like chicken breasts, skim milk, lentils, etc.
>>
>>35364818
>>35364728
I have a burito recipe I can make for 40 dollars.

>Tortilla
>Chicken
>Black beans
>Corn
>Rice
>Cheese (optional)

This should work right? I could just eat two of these a day with some skim milk, and that should work?
>>
>>35364831

Don't forget the cum
>>
>>35364831
Looks good to me, assuming you can hit your protein targets fine. Some veggies would be a decent idea too.
>>
What's a good program for after SS? Especially one that focuses on upper body.
>>
Is it possible to lose my belly fat and put on some muscle or at least retain what I've got at the same time? Or is it just a meme?
>>
>>35364901
I'm fond of Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine.

>>35364983
You're describing a recomp. Unless you're relatively new and/or inexperienced, it's not as effective as picking a single goal (LBM gain or fat loss) and sticking with it for an extended period of time.
>>
Is this machine acceptable for deadlifts? Is it comparable in difficulty to a barbell diddly?
>>
>>35360789
Get a home gym or tell him to stop being a pussy and join you at the gym
>>
What is this called?
>>
>>35365299
Limbris Deltoids.

3rd year med student. you can trust me.
>>
>>35365299
female
>>
>>35365299

Obliques
>>
>>35365299
Red circle
>>
>>35365299
vagina
>>
File: oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg (193 KB, 800x599) Image search: [Google]
oh_you_by_doom1272-d31mb3c.jpg
193 KB, 800x599
>>35365321
>>35365323
See pic.

>>35365338
Would that then be what is called Apollo's/Adonis belt on men? Is it the same for women? Is it genetic or are you able to work at getting it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo%27s_belt
>>
Anybody lose their sex drive while cutting?

I'm afraid to cut because I don't want to lose my sex drive and have lost it before for a few months. Have enough fats in my diet, etc.
>>
Would a PPL split yield solid results if you did it 2 days on, 1 day off, repeat?
>>
File: Screenshot_20151225-000227.png (60 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151225-000227.png
60 KB, 1080x1920
What do I spend this on to help improve gains
>inb4 test
>>
What's a good rep range for pushups?
>>
>>35365946
test
>>
>>35365946
Test
>>
>>35365946
test
>>
You guys say to eat big to get big.
There are days when I would eat a lot for the whole day and feel proud of myself for doing so. However, usually the day after I would feel full the whole day that I have to actually gorce myself to eat a small amount, which seems to kill the point.

Any way to solve this?
>>
>>35365946
Estrogen
>>
>>35366368
Test
>>
>>35365903
Yup. Calorie deficits can cause sex drive to plummet, just like hormones. Stimulants like EC stacks and periodic refeeds can help offset it to a certain extent. Another decent idea is to make sure you don't get fatter then it takes to diet down over a couple of months.

>>35365939
Exercise selection, volume, etc. completely make or break a split. It all depends.

>>35365957
Same as any other resistance exercise before you should be adding weight.

>>35366368
Try eating more calorie dense foods. Hell, a tablespoon of peanut butter is an easy ~100 calories.

>>35365201
It would be most closely comparable to a hex bar deadlift. It's not horrible compared to say a Smith Machine, but it's also not a 1:1 replacement for a conventional barbell deadlift.
>>
File: 1450128869356.jpg (2 MB, 2143x1912) Image search: [Google]
1450128869356.jpg
2 MB, 2143x1912
Can someone recommend me a routine so I could stop squatting 3x5 on Practical Programming and instead switch to slightly more bodybuilding split like leg training but still hold the Practical Programming's bench/ohp/pull-ups like they are right now.

Would something like this be sane and not too out of this world?

Monday:
Squat 2x6
Leg press 2x12
Bench Press/OHP (alternating) 3x5
Chin-ups

Wednesday:
Deadlift 1x5 (worked up to from lower weight)
Calf raises 3x12

Friday:
Squat 2x6
Leg press 2x12
Pull-ups

I'm intermediate so should I just switch to some whole other split as I'm not enjoying the routine too much? No routine in the pic related seems very interesting to me.
>>
File: 20151225_231305.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151225_231305.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
166cm, 61.0kg. I'm looking at doing Starting Strength with eventually pull-ups and dips as accessories.

Should I look at bulking? Am I in GOMAD / 0.5 GOMAD territory?
>>
File: 123955596915.jpg (203 KB, 1910x2313) Image search: [Google]
123955596915.jpg
203 KB, 1910x2313
>>35360431
Is squatting/deadlifting/compounding good for your core? Enough to give you good abs (assuming <10% bf)?

I have a 90kg squat and 125kg deadlift. I'm cutting and going to be very disappointed if I don't have anything under this fatness.

Merry Christmas fit.
>>
File: killpill.png (221 KB, 985x551) Image search: [Google]
killpill.png
221 KB, 985x551
I just took pic related and my heart is racing the fuck out. am i going to died?
>>
File: 1446442298880.png (1 MB, 1323x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446442298880.png
1 MB, 1323x1080
Should I go back to lifting and be an NYR fag?

My back got fucked up (annular concentric tear and disc degeneration L5-S1) and the doc told me to stop.

Thing is I feel like shit now and my back hurts even more or should I say, my back never hurt when I was lifting and actually improved (fixed) the hurting cause by it.

To lift or not to lift?

inb4 go ask a doctor

They always say the same thing and that is not to lift and look at where I am now.
>>
>>35367706
Yes
>>
Is there any reason to eat a lot of small meals compared to 3-4 big ones if I get enough calories when bulking? I have no trouble eating huge portions but really hate spending half my day eating 50 small portions of food
>>
Test
>>
>>35367793
Eat the big meals. No reason not to.
>>
Just got a bunch of money for Christmas and I am thinking about getting myself a Spin Bike for my home gym.

Is spinning a good alternative to squats? I use the Spins and Elliptical at the gym mainly for stamina, but can I gain muscle from it, or is it more of a do both to see better results?
>>
File: Facepalm.jpg (90 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.jpg
90 KB, 1440x1080
>>35367894
>Is spinning a good alternative to squats?
>>
>>35360431
I've just moved onto phul and I'm nearly being sick halfway through the leg hypertrophy day everytime, will the nausea go away if I keep grinding through it? what do I do
>>
File: 2lmw9he.jpg (97 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
2lmw9he.jpg
97 KB, 1024x576
This is my Push/Pull routine and i am wondering if it would hurt if i switched the stiff legged deadlifts to normal conventional deadlifts. Or some way i can add them in the program

PUSH
- Squats 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bench Press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Overhead Press 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Skullcrushers 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Standing Calf Raise 4 sets of 10-15 reps
PULL
- Bent Over Barbell Rows 45° 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Bicep Curls 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Pull Ups/Chin/Wide 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Stiff Leg Deadlifts 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- Pull Down Machine Cable Crunches 4 sets of 10-15 reps
>>
File: 1450583717508.jpg (2 MB, 5655x3690) Image search: [Google]
1450583717508.jpg
2 MB, 5655x3690
What are the best exercises for learning to do muscle-ups?
>>
>>35368093
Why is the pajeet drinking urine?
>>
>>35368093
Pullups, Archer pullups, Dips, Russian dips
>>
>>35368099
It's holy urine
>>
>>35368119
Oh ok
>>
>>35367566
Please lads, it's christmas...
>>
>>35363897
I'd say it's douable if you bench alot. I did get from about 80kg max to 140kg max in a year. Trained bench twice a week and did alot of upper body. Bit of leg neglection and exces bodyfat tho
>>
Yesterday was the fifth consecutive day of workouts that have included two sessions of HIIT and high rep deadlifts. I'm now feeling depressed and sort of sickly. Is this overtraining?
>>
>>35368932

Yes you've trained too much, but usually 'overtraining' refers to a chronic condition that mainly bothers competetive athletes.
>>
>>35368975

If you're right, that's a relief. I've had a crushing sense of depression for the past two days and I thought it had come from nowhere.
>>
will the plywood I put under my power rack scratch my wooden floor?
got a home gym for christmas but I'm not sure if I need stall mats under the plywood.
>>
File: 1365570696892.jpg (40 KB, 461x700) Image search: [Google]
1365570696892.jpg
40 KB, 461x700
Merry Christmas, /fit/

I got Barnes and Noble giftcards. What should I get with them? I kinda want to do some /fit/ reading but any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
>>35369403
This book.
>>
>>35367566
the core they talk about when referring to squats and deadlifts is the deep iternal abdominal muscles and lower back muscles, not so much the "6 pack"
it wouldn't hurt to do some cable crunches or any weighted crunch variation. just do like 3 sets of 12-15 and one excercise
>>
Lads, every time I go lift (at like 11pm) I get real tired and sleepy after my first exercise, i.e. bench and its a struggle to try and do everything else at a decent weight
But afterwards I can't go to sleep till like 5am
What do?
>>
>>35369875
Lift earlier if possible. If you get pumped just before bed, the bed part isn't going to happen.
I recommend switching to mornings and go to bed earlier to compensate.
>>
Guys how do I get PUMPED when I'm at the gym.

I go quite late in the evening so I'm sort of tired by then.

Sometimes when I'm at home just thinking about the gym I get really pumped and have loads of energy, how do I summon this at the gym?

Maybe I should try listening to music with a nice hype playlist.
>>
Which is better for strength/aesthetics/both?
The reg parks beginner 5x5 or the reg parks 5x5 three phase?
>>
>>35369882
thanks m8, I'll try and switch it up
>>
File: phark.jpg (2 KB, 106x90) Image search: [Google]
phark.jpg
2 KB, 106x90
DAY 1
3X5 OVERHEAD PRESS / BENCH PRESS (ALTERNATING)
3X5 CHINUPS / BARBELL ROWS (ALTERNATING)
2X10-12 EZ BAR CURLS/DIPS OR EZ BAR SKULLCRUSHERS
3X5 SQUATS
DAY 2
1X5 POWER CLEAN WARMUP / DEADLIFTS
DAY 3
3X5 SQUATS

This is my version of PHARKS greyskull LP ive added the curls and dips/skullcrushers. Does it seem arite? And also dips vs skullcrushers?
>>
how do i stop deadlifts from scraping my shins?
>>
>>35369924
Think about things that make you angry until you start frothing and screaming uncontrollably

Then you are pumped
>>
File: Hench Babby.jpg (111 KB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
Hench Babby.jpg
111 KB, 500x588
I'm thinking of switching to some sort of split routine. I need to bulk my my trex arms. Should I have a dedicated arms day (bis/tris/forearms + maybe shoulders), or should I throw them into other workouts (back&bis/chest&tris/DLs&forearms???).

All I care about is aesthetics.
>>
>>35369924
It's all about the music, brah.

start lurking workout music threads, find your taste, and invest in a good pair of in-ear headphones with nice bass support.
>>
>>35360431
I take the stance for a conventional style deadlift, pull to the top, and from there lower myself to a comfortable row position, generally a little above parallel. But my form is very strict, I receuit very little of my legs, it's very emphasized on my inner traps, lats, and arms. When the weight gets heaver, I go to 45 degrees. Just up the volume and reps if you want to increase thickness and weight. Don't listen to injured anon about jerking it.
>>
>>35369300
pls help
>>
>>35369300
Yes, it'll scratch it. Plywood isn't smooth and it'll move slightly, either up/down or side to side when you walk and do stuff on it and it'll scratch the floor. Not big long scratches, just rough it up.
>>
Can higher reps compensate for lighter weight?
>>
>>35370329
It'll give more endurance, less muscle size than higher weight, maybe some strength but not a lot compared to higher weight.
>>
I woke up with some pain in my left knee and it keeps popping? I haven't lifted in a few days and I don't know what to do, should I see a doctor? Google is telling me it's a miniscus tear
>>
>>35370349
god damn i'm retarded

thanks for the answer man
>>
>>35360431

Is crockpot cooking about the same level of healthy as oven baking?
>>
Well lads , started lifting again recently , with the brother in law, he used to compete , has won a few national shows and shit , seems to know what he is a talking about , my question is this , he is going on a cycle of test, has asked me if I want to try it , says it's perfectly safe , he doesn't abuse it and has been doing it on and off for years . What's the consensus /fit/ , is it safe ?
>>
>>35365946
estrogen
then post tranny pics pls
n-no h-h-homo
>>
>>35370474

I'd say hold off on it for now since you just started lifting. If you're really interested in it wait until you plateau like 6 months from now.
>>
>>35370474
No. Not safe. He'll feel the after effects even if he haven't yet.
>>
>>35370132
Please help
>>
>>35370519
Train proper form. Watch youtube vids and see yourself in the mirror in the gym to correct it.
>>
>>35370501
That's what I was thinking , I'm cutting at the moment , except for today had to cheat , but it's the health side I am wondering about
>>35370511
Bother in law says he has been doing it on off for about twelve years , does three weeks on , three weeks off to recover , says it sorts your liver and let's your natural test levels recover
>>
>>35370561
Wait
If your BiL gets cancer in the mean time, you can do an I Told You So
>>
>>35370527
But what about my form would cause that?
>>
>>35370659
Nothing, anon is an idiot.

You're suppose to drag the bar up your sins and thighs, what you can do about it is:
>man up princess
>wear long socks (thin socks, the thick ones fuck up my deadlift personally)
>>
>>35370690
OK I'm just saying I can't be bleeding all over the bar and shit
>>
>>35370812
Wow, you're doing it wrong, anon.
>>
>>35370091
Nice thumbnail. Dips are the squat for the upper body - a compound movement rather than just an isolated movement. Go with dips.
>>
how many calories does 1 peanut in shell have(just 1 not 2 since there are usually 2 inside)?
>>
>>35370358
I wouldn't fuck around with a possible knee injury. Get it checked out.

>>35370145
I'd add them as isolation work on whatever relevant day they'd be relevant for, rather than giving them their own unique day.

>>35367947
Try reducing the volume or weight and working up to PHUL's recommendations, especially if you're transitioning to it from a lower volume program like SS.

>>35367770
There's probably certain exercises you should be careful with and others that are fine.

Doctor.

>>35367160
Bulking yes, GOMAD no.

>>35366731
If you're not enjoying it, no reason to do it. The best program is going to be one you're comfortable sticking to.
>>
>>35370444
Yeah wouldn't see why not.
>>
What is that stuff called that helps you grow a beard?
Are there any known side effects? I have one patchy spot under my chin thought about using some there.
But not if there's any potential side effects.
>>
Why do I get beaten in arm wrestling matches by my friend who doesn't lift?
>>
>>35371074
Can't remember the name but there's actual techniques. Easy to beat someone who doesn't know how to counter it.
>>
>>35370358
Idk if its the same but I had this problem too on my right knee. I think switching to low bar from high bar helped me and now I got no pain at all. To me it was like I couldnt hold the squat position even without weight. Try to get a really narrow stance and do a deep bodyweight squat and hold it. If it hurts more and more by the second you probably have the same thing I did.
>>
does quitting smoking cigarettes improve your skin or is the damage done set in stone? by skin definitely looks more porous and dry since I've started smoking heavily.
>>
>>35371308
Your body responded well by not being continuously poisoned anymore? How surprising, anon.
>>
>>35371349
I was asking because I haven't quit. I know I'd feel better I was just wondering if my skin is fucked.
>>
can anyone recommend me a hypertrophy based routine? my upper body is super underdeveloped compared to my lower, particularly my arms and chest >tfw 14 inch arms

Bench: 185x5
Squat: 370x3
Deadlift: 405x3
>>
File: nat.jpg (82 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
nat.jpg
82 KB, 640x640
Gf wants to be a NYRfag
Anyone have Caladan's starting ass saved?
Or i might just get her to do SS with rows instead of cleans and some ass accessories
>pls respond
>>
>>35371383
Smoking fucks your skin, but the longer you smoke, the worse the damage. If you stop today you can contain the damage done.
>>
File: image:481.png (185 KB, 1906x415) Image search: [Google]
image:481.png
185 KB, 1906x415
>>35371423
Here you go anon. I hope you will deliever some progress pics
>>
>>35371475
Thanks family.
Is it AXBXAXX BXAXBXX?
>>
>>35371520
Yes, just like standard SS
>>
How many assistance exercises should I do for a given workout on 5/3/1?
>>
>>35371423

Be aR Eee eitcH
>>
At the moment I'm too poor to invest in equipment or a gym membership.
Should I just do bodyweight stuff in the mean time?
>>
>>35360431
2015 is ending, ive been lifting weights for 1 year and 3 months exactly and im looking for something new.
Calistenic a good way for aesthetic or should i just keep lifting normaly ?
>>
File: image:482.jpg (303 KB, 601x1600) Image search: [Google]
image:482.jpg
303 KB, 601x1600
>>35371585
Sure, why not. Better than doing nothing
>>
>>35371602
Ye, calistenics are pretty good. I would also recoment gymnastics and olympic lifting. If you want, you can even combine all 3 of them
>>
>>35371383
There will be lasting damage, but the earlier you stop the more your skin will recover and if you hydrate and eat well it might not even be noticeable.
>>
test
>>
I've been out of lifting for about 6 months now, and I've lost a lot of size and of course weight. I've got time to start again, and I was wondering
How long until my size starts to come back?
What's the best way to get back into lifting? I know I can't do my old weight so where do I start?
I can give more info if that helps, honestly I just don't know how to get started again
>>
So recently I started having almost constant side pain when exercising. Not as bad as side stitches though and it feels slightly different. Anyone know what could be the cause?

Furthermore, I was just in doing cardio an hour or so ago, and I felt intermittent pain in the veins of my arms.

Am I dying /fit/?
>>
>>35372207
You're a complete fucking mong if you're asking for help here and not a doctors.
I wouldn't trust the people here to pack my lunch, never mind give me medical advice.
>>
>>35372236
Well I am going to ask a doctor, but since it's midnight here, it might be difficult.
>>
>>35371399

post your physique.
>>
Is SS a meme? I don't want to waist my time..
>>
Should I be cutting to 10-12% bf if i'm an intermediate and still don't have a ton of muscle?
>>
>>35373001
yes. don't do it.
>>
>>35373047
Then what a good starting routine?
>>
>>35373107
SS
>>
>>35373030
No, you silly faggot. Cut when you got muscle
>>
any actual downside to working out more than once a day?

doing a split, my body generally only takes 3 days to heal, which means i have to sacrifice days doing shoulders/arms/cardio when i could be back on actual important muscles like chest.

is there any actual downside to working out twice a day? as long as i get enough sleep and enough food, should be fine, right?
>>
Just started lifting with some babby dumbbells.
What are some good cardio exercises I can do at home while I wait for college to start so I can use the Gym they have there?
I could just go out and run very early on the morning but I live in a shithole, and have been robbed twice (Granted, not that close to here but still.)
>>
File: IMG_4509a.jpg (1 MB, 1692x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4509a.jpg
1 MB, 1692x2448
In pic related im 85kg 173cm , how much more i have to drop till nice 6 pack?
80kg? 75kg?
>>
For how long do I need to work out once a day?
Until I finish my routine? I get tired? I sweat?
>>
>>35373368
You're in the upper teens to low twenties for bodyfat. Nobody's going to be able to say for sure when you'll see your abs - assume you won't see complete definition until closer to 10%.

>>35373353
There's several bodyweight/calisthenics routines that are floating around on /fit/. Those can usually be done in your living room until you have access to a proper gym.

>>35373171
What's your current routine like?

>>35373030
Depends on what your current bodyfat percentage is and what you're comfortable doing.

>>35373001
Depends on your goals and expectations. It's fine as long as you don't run it for extended periods of time, expect it to make you ripped, or overeat and fat fuck yourself.
>>
>>35373423
>You're in the upper teens to low twenties for bodyfat. Nobody's going to be able to say for sure when you'll see your abs - assume you won't see complete definition until closer to 10%.

so if im currently say, 20% bf at 85kg then maybe at 76-77kg (10%)i will have nice abs?
>>
>>35370932
>>
Is it safe to cut at 19 years old? Will it affect my development? Blaha said that you don't stop growing till 21.
>>
>>35373368
Another question, will i get loose skin from that amount of fat?
>>
>>35373423
another question about this:>>35373368
do you think i have enough LBM to look good once i cut to 10%? or will i be skelly?
>>
>>35370963
>There's probably certain exercises you should be careful with and others that are fine.
>Doctor.
Doc says no more deads and squats. how am I suppose to strengthen my back?

I had some decompression therapy done but it's too costly to do.
>>
Converse are good cheap lifting shoes right?
>>
File: 1450934035244.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450934035244.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
Here's the dealeo. So I'm talking to a girl and have found it the right time to ask her out over coffee. I've asked 2 or 3 times and she has told me she was busy (first with her b day and second with a dentist appointment) now I don't believe in bullshit cause I don't have enough time to waste living. So I was forward and told her that if she didn't want to she doesn't have to make excuses and save my and her time by saying no. She, on the contrary, said she'd love to she's just busy. Now I'm in a bit of a pickle. I don't want to ask too often and give her the idea I'm needy nor do I find it wise to wait too long and have her lose all interest. Does anyone have a different solution that I could present?
>>
>>35373485
Very unlikely.

>>35373511
I honestly think a lot of people use fear of skellymode as an excuse to never cut. Assuming you had actually bulked for a period of time and subsequently cut properly, most people are usually in no danger of looking to skinny.

>>35373457
If you're worried about stunting your growth or something, keep in mind that most cuts don't take terribly long unless you're overly fat, in which case dieting is what you should be doing regardless.

Also, Blaha is a fucking idiot.

>>35373527
/fit/ likes shitting on isolations, but that's usually because people throw them in with no rhyme or reason.

Back extensions through a neutral spine might be possible, back permitting. You can still hit quads, hamstrings, and glutes with isolations as well.

Is it as complete as including squats and deads? Probably not. Is it better than neglecting your lower body completely? Absolutely.

>>35373451
Most nutritional sites put it at 5-10 calories.

>>35373561
They're flat soled, so yes, they'll do in a pinch.
>>
>>35373571
>I honestly think a lot of people use fear of skellymode as an excuse to never cut. Assuming you had actually bulked for a period of time and subsequently cut properly, most people are usually in no danger of looking to skinny.
but from looking at my picture (>>35373368)

do you think my bulk was enough for me to look good once i cut?
>>
File: 1451087899315.jpg (147 KB, 750x1071) Image search: [Google]
1451087899315.jpg
147 KB, 750x1071
This is trappychans true face. He's giving people advise on /fit/.
>don't forget
>>
>>35373527
Rows

>>35373511
BMI of 24+ at low body fat will look good. If cutting to 10 would put you under 24, don't.

>>35373485
No, but lotion is fucking magic. Slather your dick in it everyday.

>>35373457
Use icecubes instead.

>>35373451
Put that shit on the rhino. Metaphysical nigger proof, mah man.

>>35373436
Everyone has abs at low body fat. Higher LBM is to ensure the rest of you doesn't look like complete shit once they're see-able.

>>35373422
Until hypertrophy is encouraged. Most do that in 10-15 sets per workout (40min to an hour and fifteen).

>>35373107
Suckin' dick. Next, move on to stripping. Before you know it, your routine will be the top-of-the line on every street corner.

>>35372157
Start the same way you started last time. Pretend you're a newborn babe shooting out of the fleshy depths of your mothers vagine. Goo,
goo little baby. Feel the barbell and suckle it as your fair mama's teet.

>>35371553
They're for whatever muscle group you hit, but didn't pulverize. Two or three compounds and an accessory is likely sufficient.

>>35371059
Rogaine. Yes.
>>
>>35373571
>>35373561
What would be the best shoe for lifting for $40 or less?
>>
>>35373566
If the girl really wants to go shell make time, just move on dude no one is THAT busy
>>
>>35373624
>>>35373436 (You)
>Everyone has abs at low body fat. Higher LBM is to ensure the rest of you doesn't look like complete shit once they're see-able.
but what do you think about my particular case:
>>35373368
will the rest of me look decent?
>>
>>35373566

Ask her if she want you cuddle her anus.
>>
>>35373566
Why not ask which day is good for her?
Also IMO, it depends if the girl is shy or outgoing, if she is shy she will most likely not bother asking you when's the date, not because she doesn't want to but because she is, well, shy.
>>
>>35373566
She's toying with you, if you must ask again then let a LOT of time pass

but the most effective thing you can do to get her attention is ignoring her
>>
>>35373628
I figured so. I was gonna just go and talk to her and still get her to still be receptve
>>
>>35373423
>what's your current routine like?

chest
back
legs
shoulders/arms/core
cardio (i do a 500m sprint before and after workout, but i also do a day of nothing but cardio)
rest

while it seems like it might be better to mix the shoulders/arms/core into the other days, i simply find it useless because it would either take up too much time for a session, or force me to cut back on other exercises as i try to work them in. i dont really want to cut back on exercises and sacrifice potential gains if it is viable to go to the gym twice a day, so i can still have my rest days but not wait too long between working muscle groups.

so, also repeating question for anyone else who wants to share input:
>any downside to going to gym twice a day as long as you get enough food/sleep?
>>
File: 1450079679226.jpg (666 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1450079679226.jpg
666 KB, 666x666
>>35373646
Sounds too needy but I get what you mean. I'll talk to her less like >>35373650
Suggested ob the basis that she may be toying with me as well as I'm more than likely sound too needy. Though it feels as if im being dishonest to myself by doing so. Why is getting a decent date so troublesome lads?
>>
If I'm lifting three days and jogging three other days, should I take preworkout before just jogging or only before lifting?
>>
File: wvROvOM.png (1 MB, 1033x771) Image search: [Google]
wvROvOM.png
1 MB, 1033x771
>>35373624
pendlay?

>>35373571
I miss doing deads and squats. Isolations it is then.
>>
>>35373819
The good old days when SJW werent in control and we could have homophobia in our cartoons like god intended.
Seriously, they would never pull this off nowadays
>>
What's a good brand of protein? I currently use Body Fortress, but I head that was shit. At my local pharmacy, there's that, as well as Six Star, Eas, Muscle Milk, and CVS brand. Are any of those good or should I hike it out to some specialty store?
>>
Is there any downside of doing cardio on lifting days? (provided i do the cardio after the lifting)
>>
>>35374019
>strengthen heart
>build endurance
>increase efficiency of respiratory and circulatory system
>add blood vessels
>add mitochondria
>help repair damage to legs quicker if leg day
>great calf workout in itself
Literally no downsides unless you're a heel striker/marathon runner
>>
>>35374069
>>help repair damage to legs quicker if leg day
oh i thought it wasnt a good idea to do cardio on legs day

isnt it too much strain if the leg session is strenous enough?
>>
>>35373368
Seriously, i still want to know if this is enough muscle to look good when cut
>>
How is this routine?

xAxBxAC

A:
Flat bench 3x8
OHP 3x8
Close grip bench 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

B:
Deadlift 3x5
Pendlay row 3x5
Weighted pullups 3x10
Curls 3x10

C:
Squats 3x5
Hack squat 3x5
Calf raises 3x12
Grip work

Abs on every working day.

***Note that I'm limited in that I only have a power rack, a barbell, and a flat bench.***
>>
How do I into gaining weight?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>35374147
count calories until you have a real grasp of what diet you need, then stick to it. if that fails count calories till you get to your goal...

it is simply impossible to fail like this.
>>
Is there a point in training strength and endurance at the same time and if so, in which order should you go?

Let's say I want to increase my strength and endurance at bench. My idea is that I would do 3x10 reps at ~60-70% of my 1RM and then 3x5 at my ~90-95% of 1RM. Is this the correct approach, or should I reverse it, or should I entirely forget about increasing both at the same time?
>>
>tl;dr how likely is it I will plateau around the same weight and will I lose weight faster after gaining some lbs
Hey /fit/ I started losing weight around this time last year. Since then I went from about 265 to 176. Then I got a job and depression etc etc and racked on 15-20 lbs and stopped lifting. I got back on it because I am determined to make and I hate fatties. When I first hit 180(before gaining those few lbs) I plateaued pretty hard and I'm wondering if it was likely to happen again? Also do you guys think I'd lose weight a little faster for this first 3wks-1 month like fat fucks who just started losing weight? Thanks
>>
Anyone have lotus transformation picture?
>>
>>35374100
I heard it was supposed to be good for your lower body to do cardio after training. Something about transportation of nutrients and refreshing what's in your legs. Either way, even if it didn't help repair the damage, you still have nothing to lose by going harder on your legs. They're going to heal no matter what, be it one day or two. If it takes 3, well you really really fucked your shit up good job. Those will be some nice gains afterwards.
>>
>>35374326
anyone
>>
I'm one of those fags that can OHP but cant bench worth a shit on SL. However, I lack energy to push throw sets of accessories after the mainlifts. Should I not be that tired after the workout? I am on a rough cut/maintenance (I don't calorie count, but I am losing weight slowly which is all that I care about) Should I have some caffeine or something before I work out to pep up?

What accessories should I be doing anyways to focus on chest and triceps? I know of skullcrushers (though the motion feels weird on my elbow even with low weights), standing tricep extensions, and flys of some kind.
>>
File: 1436697452302.jpg (57 KB, 1155x191) Image search: [Google]
1436697452302.jpg
57 KB, 1155x191
Hey brehs,

Anyone have a formula or website that I can use to calculate working up to a specific weight? I've got myself a 9 week plan to bump up my squat/dead/bench to a specific goal.

Hopefully this makes sense. I've had quite a bit of wine tonight.

Thnz
>>
File: 9nRW8IB.jpg (322 KB, 960x779) Image search: [Google]
9nRW8IB.jpg
322 KB, 960x779
Best post-workout stretches/stretch routine?
(Particularly when on SS)
>>
are there any apps lacking in the current market that people are interested in or would like to see done?

contracting s.eng here, got time on my hands and wanna do something useful.

was considering an app that would basically cache the types of exercise instruction videos at bodybuilding.com, letting users search based on certain search terms and then save it into a workout routine and take it to the gym. not sure how many would benefit from it though
>>
>>35375268
Fitocracy kinda does this
On that note, Fiitocracy is kinda ideal. Only thing they miss is a graph that shows your 1RM on a graph for certain exercises and how you progress with them over time
>>
>>35375288
fair enough. i was more avoiding the set monitoring, rather just focusing on straight up information for tips and tricks for certain exercises. i guess it wouldnt benefit all that many people though, as most search up the shit before they leave the house and rarely stray off what they know
>>
>>35374563
Caffeine is fine. Dips are a good choice.
>>
>>35373972
Buy online, wtf. It's like you're literally just handing your wallet to the Jews.

>here you go Jews
>oh no, just keep it all

Myprotein is pretty good quality and cost efficient.
>>
File: 1406351942880.png (2 MB, 1917x928) Image search: [Google]
1406351942880.png
2 MB, 1917x928
Gusy, does it take considerably longer to burn the last ~10kg or just slower in general when you drop bf% even with tdee recalcs?

I recalculated my tdee and I added yoh hcl fasted morning cardio every day last week in addition to my normal 4 gym days (canditos linear), I burned through 8kg in the last 30 days with no strength loss, I can't fucking wait until I can see my abs but what timeframe are we talking here? 3 months? 6 months?

I think I have around 10-15kg left but I'm not 100%, need to do a bodyfat% scan or some shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.