[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>340 lbs obese >sedentary life style for years >severe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: wtfwasthat.jpg (17 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
wtfwasthat.jpg
17 KB, 360x240
>340 lbs obese
>sedentary life style for years
>severe anxiety disorder
>severe depression
Am I a lost cause bros?
>>
>>29574511
Nope. You can lose a lot of weight by eating at a deficit (cutting carbs helps) and by walking/lifting at home.
>>
>>29574511
No ones a lost cause bro.
If you want to be fit, you can be
>>
you need to start by just eating less
>>
File: fotomania.2 . (15).jpg (45 KB, 700x693) Image search: [Google]
fotomania.2 . (15).jpg
45 KB, 700x693
>read the sticky
>set monthly expectations
>get your fat ass moving

good luck, you'll know if you'll make it in 1 year
>>
>>29574552
Welp, I won't need my testosterone shot today.
>>
>>29574565
Shop
>>
>>29574526
Going to the gym, at least for the moment, seems out of the question. The thought of going outside is fucking terrifying. I used to love walking. I take medication for anxiety and depression but that shit doesn't help. This is something I'll need to overcome eventually but professional help (medication) hasn't worked for me..

Getting weights at home is an option but I wouldn't know what to look for. Link me to some affordable barbells/dumbells to get me started.

>>29574535
>>29574552
I started doing jumping jacks, wall sits, and push ups today. I found out I don't have the joint strength to do regular push ups so I did 'counter' push ups. I feel like if I do enough of those I'll be able to level up to knee push ups. I feel like I'll need to exercise at least an hour everyday to get some sort of routine going. I'm doing 5 sets of as many reps I can muster per exercise. It's not much but its a start.

That sticky is going to help a lot I think.
>>
My brother is in sort of the same situation. He's 320 pounds 5'11

I'm trying to help him lose weight unfortunately I can't be here helping him. I don't think you're a lost cause, the fact that u postep this at all is a great thing and shows u want people to help motivate u

If uwant u can add me on skype or something jonharris3234 is my skype. I honestly don't lift or go to the gym a lot atm but I am in great shape. You'd be surprised how much a conversation alone can motivate u
>>
>>29574511
No I was just like you two years ago.
You can do it brah
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>29574511

Don't you ever forget.
>>
Try doing yoga. It can help with anxiety and help with your food intake too (fat fuck here but improving gradually) in my experience. You can do it at home and there are lots of solid youtube videos. Just do beginners videos, listen to your body and don't be intimidated. The intention alone is progress.
>>
>>29574603
To add onto this don't go too crazy too fast. Try to keep moving. When you walk somehwere make it a light jog or a power walk. Never do a leisurely walk

Got it man
>>
File: 1416025782477-369131390.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1416025782477-369131390.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
You can do it mane
350 lbs fatass here. Started from 360 like 3 months ago, working on strength. Don't wanna lose weight too fast because horrified by the idea of loose skin. Fuck what anyone says, being fat is NOT OK. As long as you work hard, you have nothing to be ashamed of.

Pic related : its me
>>
Here's the good news. At that weight, your metabolic rate is so high, if you start cutting today your noob-losses will be stunning. Read the sticky, start tracking calories, weigh yourself regularly, start lifting, and watch the weight fall off. Trust me, it's a huge ego boost. Sticking to it is up to you, but if you do you will make it.
>>
>>29574588
>Getting weights at home is an option but I wouldn't know what to look for. Link me to some affordable barbells/dumbells to get me started.
Link yourself, faggot. You'll never make it if you need this constant hand holding.

Your calorie deficit is more important than your exercise routine, but you should lift weights while you're losing weight.
A flat bench, possibly with incline.
40 lb. adjustable dumbbells from Wal-Mart.
Some comfortable walking shoes.
That's literally all you could possible need for the first 90 lbs.
>>
>>29574675
Could always get surgery for loose skin. though not sure how expensive it is in clapistan. Not sure that losing weight slower will help with loose skin that much. From 360lbs you could be losing a lot per week.
>>
>>29574732
I don't want to get surgery. I know I can lose more but I still lack discipline. I don't eat as healthy as I should because I'm a piece of shit
>>
>>29574675
Even if you're working on strength, you should be losing a lot more weight than that.
>>
>>29574675
That's slow progress but keep at it man. We believe in you.
>>
>>29574756
Being a bitch wont help you become a man. Cut out the excuses for like one week and see how you go.
>>
>>29574759
>>29574769
Im aware, I started out good but I slowed down. I was aiming about 4 pounds a month. I should do 8.
>>29574782
I know. I keep telling myself I'll do it but I keep being a piece of shit.

I have to get my shit together.
>>
>>29574824
You will get your shit together bitchtits, start right now. Put down that pizza and just bit the bullet. And stop acting and using words like a bitch.
>>
>>29574852
Fuck yourself I don't need your shit I know what I have to do. I ain't acting like a bitch either, I'm just spitting facts. You think I'm proud of having slowed down?

Also do you guys think I should try cross fit? I'm pretty sure I could do it on top of strength training to maximise gains and weightloss
>>
>>29574603
Thank you for the offer but I prefer a more anonymous conversation. I never really had friends except for the ones I've met online in vidya. I don't own a mic or cam so it'd be too spooky for me to start that now.

>>29574630
I'd like to try yoga. Thanks for the advice.

>>29574675
Thank you. This gives me hope.

>>29574690
>Link yourself, faggot. You'll never make it if you need this constant hand holding.
Sorry mate. I literally don't know shit about good affordable weights. The amazon stuff I'm looking at is $100 for dumbells and flatbenches.
>>
>>29574893
>I know what I have to do
>crossfit
Mate itll give you a heart attack. Stop being a bitch and use your shame to fuel you to lost weight instead of gain it
>>
>>29574824
Here's a secret: you don't actually have to have your shit together, you just have to act like you do.
>>
>>29574920
I said I know what I have to do. I asked for your opinion on whether or not I should TRY crossfit. I do some intensity workouts about once a week. I have a good heart.
>>
>>29574917
It doesn't have to be a mic or cam chat lol. I don't even like doing those. I just like talking to people who are trying to better themselves because it helps motivate me. I'd really like to text chat if possible
>>
File: autismal fucknugget.jpg (22 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
autismal fucknugget.jpg
22 KB, 502x417
>>29574588
I know it's scary going to the gym, I was terrified too - and it made me do autistic shit .. here's a cringe moment for you:

>running laps between sets of retardo
>listening to action music techno
>think i'll look badass running like an fbi agent
>start running laps with one arm hanging to the side like i'm carrying a gun
>do this for a month

yeah bro, shit's changed but if theres anything I can say it's that you NEED to get yourself to the gym not just for the weights, but also for the psychological strength that comes from it. And you need to overcome! As far as the anxiety goes, in order to cheaply treat it what I did is take Phenibut daily, 1.5g, no more no less. There's a lot of scary stories about it on the web but it's a legit treatment outside of the US for which you need a script, if you're not living in an area where it's controlled you can get it on liftmode.com for about 30 bucks for 100g - which lasts me about 3 months. It's not a huge anxiety reducer but it HELPS a shit ton to push yourself (myself) past the anxiety of going into public gym.

pic related, me walking into gym. every. single. time breh
>>
>>29574511
No. But it won't be easy.
>>
>>29574511
Do what ever works for you bro, You find your own way to your own body. At first you're going to hava fight but after a couple weeks of habit you get addicted. You feel the itch to workout and it feels good. Soon enough you realize you're no longer a fatty. tfw 265lbs->200lbs is like nothing bro, GL
You got it if want it.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 400x521) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 400x521
>>
>>29574675
>As long as you work hard, you have nothing to be ashamed of.
This a million times love it. Focus on making yourself happy and it'll be contagious
>>
File: hopeful.jpg (131 KB, 400x325) Image search: [Google]
hopeful.jpg
131 KB, 400x325
OP here.
I've read your posts and I'm thankful for your comments.

I don't know if I"ll post again anytime soon. I certainly don't intend to use this place as a blog but I'll save the thread for future use. Just in case.

Thanks again. OP out.
>>
>>29575048
remember that no matter how much weight you lose, you'll always have a disgusting amount of loose skin without surgery.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.