[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of your mo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1410709725095.png (483 KB, 629x600) Image search: [Google]
1410709725095.png
483 KB, 629x600
lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of your mouth

= how to get the jobra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY3bIMRKil8

considering how obsessed with facial aesthetics and jobras /fit/ is, this guy should be our god

watch the full vid, but if you dont have time just skip to the 43rd minute and watch on from there, if at any point you're thinking "b-but that is bullshit it doesnt make sense" then i recommend you watch the full video since what you're thinking will probably have already been explained properly earlier in the vid
>>
During high school I noticed that people who had braces to fix their teeth all seemed to develop strong jawlines, even the girls

I remember telling /fit/ about it and they mocked me and said I was retarded and it was completely unrelated
>>
>>29260385
Fuck blaha. He roidrages all day every day and expresses said rage in the form of sly passive agressive remarks.

Blaha is the definition of a beta internet badass.

I know this thread is bait but damn he is a fag.
>>
>>29260407
Most people that have braces done end up with very similar jawlines.
>>
>>29260407
That would make sense, I have a bad overbite and am getting braces soon, orthodontist said my jawline would come forward and become stronger
>>
>>29260407
>>29260463
>>29260478
In the video he directly talks about how braces do not fix shit in the long run and are a bandaid if anything.
>>
>>29260489
K.
>>
>>29260385
>[YouTube] Growing Your Face | Dr. Mike Mew | Full Length HD (embed)
how the fuck are this guys legs so short and his torso long
does he have a weird pants or something
>>
>>29260385
>lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of your mouth
There are people who don't do that naturally?
>>
>>29260972
if you have/had allergies and have trouble breathing through your nose you begin breathing through your mouth

it becomes a habit/natural position for you even after your nose is unblocked

and it effects the way your face and jaw develop
>>
This is stupid as fuck
>>
Last time this was posted, they said that he said he grew his jaw over the course of 10 years. Ain't nobody got time for that. May as well get surgery done.

>>29260489
>braces do not fix shit in the long run and are a bandaid if anything.

Elaborate?
>>
>>29261122
Not the guy you're replying to, but my understand is that the teeth are growing wonky because of a poor mouth posture (i.e. not lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of your mouth)

then you're getting braces to fix the teeth, but completely ignoring the poor posture which is the real issue

so eventually over time the teeth get fucked up again, assuming the person remains a mouthbreather / poor mouth posture

and getting braces while still having a poor mouth posture results in an elongated face, which in some cases looks good (accentuates the jobra) but in a lot of cases looks retarded
>>
>>29261155
So get braces and fix your mouth posture? If your teeth are fucked up, fixing the way you keep your mouth situated isn't going to straighten them out.
>>
>>29261195
yes, he admits that himself, the results wont be great if you're late teens or older

although if you were between the ages 6 and 9 then he reckons they can be fixed / prevented with just correct mouth posture

but if the damage is already done then braces is the way
>>
>>29260385
wtf someone made another mouth breathing thread today, too.
>>
>>29261047
>>
>>29261271
>>29261281
Good

I'm glad its getting attention, it's been brought up several times in the past and people always dismiss it, because apparently it's hard to believe that mouth posture could effect facial growth, despite there being plenty of evidence that it happens
>>
>>29260478
how old are you?
genuinely curious, i'm 19 and my teeth are a little off but not too fucked, wondering about braces
>>
File: 1413758003969.jpg (16 KB, 527x612) Image search: [Google]
1413758003969.jpg
16 KB, 527x612
>>29261008
so this is why I have such a weak ass jaw?

>tfw deviated septum

I was robbed of being alpha from birth
>>
>>29260385
>lips together, teeth together, tongue on the roof of your mouth
thats how i rest my face anyways
>>
>>29261155
Overbite / underbite isn't an issue of all time. It mainly came when we humans started using forks and knives to eat our food.

>>29261525
Braces absolutely do help. They make the jaw come forward since they force you to have the jaw forward. At ages 10-15 ofc it's more effective but there is no need to worry about it as an adult. If it's like a 1-3mm overbite I wouldn't worry about it, and if it's 4-6mm you can just put your front teeth on each other to compensate if need be.
>>
Btw why the fuck are you guys so insecure about jaw line? It's not that it helps anything if you already look fucked up and it's 30 times the effort of fixing the other shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.