[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is my body falling apart
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 380x319) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 380x319
I'm doing all the lifts in SS daily + accessories + 5 miles daily 6 days a week. I'm also eating at deficit.
Stats: (t-Rex mode)
Squat: 275 lbs
Ohp: 115 lbs
Bench: 185 lbs
Diddly: 3pl8
Row: 70 kg dumbbell
Right bicep is jelly and hurts and pops when I bench or row. Same right shoulder and knee.
Chest hurts at the sternum from dips.
Head hurts from squats and diddlys.
Today I had to stop halfway I feel so depressed.
I feel like I could be making more progress if I took a day off between sessions but I'm a fat fuck 6'1 250 and care more about losing weight.
>>
I guess what I'm asking is am I being a pussy and should keep on with my plan or am I being a retard?
>>
>>35362881
There's no shame in going a little lighter on yourself, the most important thing is that you stay consistent over a long period of time.
Maybe cut it down to strength training 2x a week for a while, maybe take a week off strength training, maybe only do cardio on days that you're not doing strength training.

Chest pain during dips just happens with some people, I personally don't dip anymore.

Also, make sure you're actually using good form, that more important than weights. I don't know for how long you've been training, but a 70kg DB is pretty heavy, they don't even have that kind of DB at my gym. Anyway, if the pain comes from the DB rows, you could just try doing them with a BB.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 400x274
>>35362947
Uh it might be 70 lbs I'm not sure it's this kind of dumbbell.
Yeah I just started training since like 6 months ago and started going ham since November. I started stalking in the weight loss and I guess I got a bit impatient.
>>
>>35363042
Well, 70lbs sounds more realistic I guess, idk. There's no need to get impatient, stalling happens, as long as you're eating at a deficit, you're doing your strength training and your cardio you're on the right track.
>>
>>35362881
You're doing SS daily and wondering why you feel like shit?

Dude, just do 3x a week like the program recommends and you'll feel so much better.
>>
>>35362881
Dude

You shouldn't be eating at a deficit
You could have gotten away with it if you weren't doing that much cardio

Fact is, you need the calories even if you're cutting

Eat normally since you're already inducing a deficit with the 5 mile runs
>>
>>35362881
Stop running so much.
Just do SS, DONT ADD SHIT TO IT.
Eat at maintenance, not a defecit.

Take a week off the gym if you still feel like shit, you will not magically lose all your progress in a week.
>>
>>35362881
of course you feel depressed, you've literally stressed your body into an enormous recovery deficit without any time for your body to recover.

Deload your weights, cut down the frequent cardio, and start back up aiming to hit your current maxes maybe 2-4 weeks from now.

Your added days left no room for recovery and adaptation to occur, ease your way back into it keeping the intensity fairly high, doing only one top set per exercise for about a week. Then go back to doing regular 3x5 sets across. Good Luck.
>>
>>35362881
>why am I getting injured?

I'm only running, lifting, and eating at a deficit while trying to go up in all my lifts. Jesus. Is this a fucking question now?

Focus on one thing at a time OP. Your life isn't a fucking anime montage. You got to build into things
>>
You're not working hard enough, eat half the amount and double the volume on all excercises
>>
>>35362881
Screw SS, just go lighter weight, more reps, slow movement, ive had all kinds of problems while doing SS, now its all good and im progressing, with no pain. Just do a brosplit or pplppl, also eat at maintenance
>>
>>35362881

You should stop SS. Crushing PR's on SS is just not gonna make you look aesthetic. At your weight and height, losing the weight is, im sure, your HIGHEST priority. Diet and cardio will make a UNIVERSE of difference. Swaat n Deadz will not.

Seriously, SS is meant for guys like pic related to put on as much muscle in their back and legs as possible. The goal of SS is to INCREASE MASS by any means necessary so if you don't look like pic related, don't bother with SS.

>Ohp: 115 lbs
>Bench: 185 lbs

I'd bet my left nut that you are either stalled at these numbers or are about to be. You are pretty much just pouring all your physical and mental energy into squattin' 3x week and deadlifting. That's what SS does. That's what it was designed to do.

Ask yourself:
>Do I wanna squat 375?
>Be slimmer.
Not gonna say choose one only but, really, if slimmer is your goal then its best to not split your attention up by focusing on strength goals.
>>
Wtf to do then I'm a skinny fat plebiscite will ss not be sufficient
>>
>>35367127
The guy is doing SS daily + cardio. The goal of SS is to gain strength, learn safe ways to lift the big 5 and pretty much set a base for your whatever you future goals are.

>>35367150
Just read the book and do SS don't do it daily, don't do it at crazy defecits, don't skip out on powercleans and don't skim the book.
>>
>>35367150

It's not that it's insufficient. It's just a waste of energy and time.

With a FOCUSED effort, any human being can lose up to 20 pounds a month with a decent diet and 30 minutes cardio.

Thank about it........ How the fuck, exactly, is a squat or deadlift gonna help you lose weight??
>>
>>35367127
why does he have the walgreens logo on his side?
>>
>>35367346
>Building muscle is a waste of energy
>Squats and deadlifts are a waste of energy
>Weightloss anything to do with cardio and not just diet.
>Wanting the poor kid to look like an emancipated excuse of a man like all cardiofags.
Why do this man it's christmas.
>>
File: wiz-khalifa-1a.jpg (108 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wiz-khalifa-1a.jpg
108 KB, 1024x768
>>35367276
>>35367276

>your whatever you future goals are.
You aren't wrong, but clearly, this guy badly wants to lose the weight.

If the point of SS is to gain strength then you have to EAT to gain strength. What is the fucking point of going in the gym, spending 45 minutes to 1 hour to repeat your stalled out your lifts cuz ur on a caloric defect AND THEN DO 30 MINUTE CARDIO? Just fucking do the 30 min cardio and go home.

I'm telling you the gods honest truth bro; as a former fat guy.

Gaining strength won't help you but it wont hurt either. Gaining strength has little to do with weight loss.

Download couch to 5k. Focus ur efforts on getting to that 5k goal and diet better. Do SS AFTER you have lost enough weight to make you feel satisfied.

Don't listen to the hivemind telling you strength/SS is needed for EVERYTHING. It's just a one-size-fits-all manta repeated by people who haven't figured out the finer points points of training.

>The successful warrior is an average man with laser like focus.
>-Bruce Lee
>>
>>35367411
>>35367411

Hey OP, do you see this response?

This is /fit/. You don't wanna listen to /fit/. Listen to your body. Never listen to an online hivemind. Anonymity enhances conformity.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.