[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness and happiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
Hi!

Can you, the people of /fit/. please give me a view of what getting fit has done for you?

Have you noticed a difference in how you feel about life in general since exercising more?

Have you been able to be more astute and productive?

What does it feel when you haven't exercised for a while?

Thanks

Pic not related
>>
File: alahuakbar.jpg (61 KB, 920x1827) Image search: [Google]
alahuakbar.jpg
61 KB, 920x1827
bumping
>>
>>35358822
>Got something to do with spare time
>Got some compliments from family and friends
>Probably avoided spine injuries
>Got good muscles on legs, arms and core
>Eating now is pleasure and not something full guilty
>Achieving goals with your own self-discipline and effort not related to job or college
Getting into /fit/ was one of my wisest decisions, I'm happy to be young in that matter too
>>
>>35358966
Nice, man. I'm really pleased for you :)
>>
>>35358822
It's helped me get my shit together and discipline myself. I'm back in school and one semester away from graduating. I also have waves of horrible depression now, but I think that just comes with age
>>
Since I started lifting, I look better, eat better, and have a much healthier lifestyle in general.

I'm also just as insecure and depressed as I was before I started, my confidence is dead and no amount of lifting is going to bring it back.
>>
>>35359207
>>35359226

So there's a chance I'm just a broken human and it's not to do with lifestyle? That's gay.
>>
>>35359322
You're a pussy if you don't at least try a healthier lifestyle.

It won't cure the hopelessness, but it will make it easier to live with, I can tell you that from experience.
>>
>>35358822
Started lifting and martial arts at the same time. Got kinda confident, more outgoing, less self hating and depressed. Stopped wasting so much time in front of the tv and computer, got more attention from women and more respect from men, got a good feeling for using my body right. If I had to make a list of the 10best decisions in my life i would certainly list liftig and martial arts. After a week of no sports i miss the feeling of these short bursts of power you use to lift or kick and punch things with.
>>
Goals which give me happiness when I reach them, more self confidence (former fatty), compliments, more successful meeting people, feel great/e energetic all the time, very rarely get sick. All around has been the best decision I've ever made. So happy I started lifting last week
>>
>>35359594
That's awesome, man
Especially:
>feel great/e energetic all the time, very rarely get sick.
>>
It helped me deal with existentialism.
>>
>>35360335
earth is just a big spaceship
>>
>>35360335
Excellent
How?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-24-13-04-57.png (512 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-24-13-04-57.png
512 KB, 1440x2560
>>35360370
>>
>>35360335
Existentialism should motivate you.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~baldner/existentialism.pdf
>>
>>35360239
Thanks man, merry Christmas and happy holidays
>>
>>35358822
What do you think it's done for me; I started jogging a year ago I now make a 20 minute walk in 3 minutes. I started doing bodyweight exercises 2 years ago and had never done a press up correctly in my life and now do 20 every morning as soon as I wake up. I've been doing 5x5 this month because I have enough self confidence to take up a simple program at home. I wake up every day at 05:30-06:00 without fail feeling more refreshed than at any other point in the past 24 years. I am literally an improved version of myself in every way; mental, emotional, physical and psychological and struggle to understand how I was ever content without the sense of purpose that lifting, training and exercising give me.
>>
>>35360696
*gave (in this thread on my phone while coaxing an infant to eat)
>>
File: all_that_shit.jpg (54 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
all_that_shit.jpg
54 KB, 392x500
>>35360600
>11 pages

Wtf nigger. Convince me in 2 sentences why I should read that whole thing.
>>
>>35359322
Maybe, but you can't change anything from your computer chair
>>
Not fit but now weighing the lowest amount in my whole adult life is really nice and helps me out mentally. Becoming fit makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something that no matter what else I will always be able to apreciate it
>>
>>35362157
Uneducated simple minded tumblr tier morons needs things spoon feed to them in two sentences. Are you an uneducated simple minded tumblr tier moron?
>>
File: 791745_armstrong.jpg (26 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
791745_armstrong.jpg
26 KB, 640x360
It's hard for me to control my actions due to my autism, but with lifting it gave me a way to release all that pent up energy.

Now instead of hitting myself in the head and yelling I just excert my autismal energy into gains. It's made me a lot happier.
>>
>>35358822
>let me develop a hobby that doesn't involve me sitting all day
>I'm a lot happier on average and my body image issues have sort of vanished. Still aspire to become jacked but I honestly don't care about my belly anymore
>Yeah. I feel like a major contributing reason to my increase in grades in this semester was because of the mentality of little bricks make big bricks, a day in the gym won't change your body but half a year will. Same goes for studying.
>absolute shit. feels like I've been wasting my time
>>
File: Screenshot_20151224-185136.png (875 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151224-185136.png
875 KB, 1920x1080
>>35364029
>>
>>35358822

Got divorced a month before I turned 30. Was pretty out of shape and in college. First semester after I almost dropped out because I was so low. Realized I had to pull it together or I was gonna spiral out of control. Immediately went out and bought a bunch of free weights and a bike. Dropped excess weight like a champ, experimented with diet and realized how shitty all that sugar was making me feel. Got my beginner gains on and suddenly I was smashing more 19-21 y/o's then when I was that age. Really helped me get over the bullshit. Moved from Midwest to California post-graduation. Since moving to California I've been hit on by a fitness model, an indie-famous musician, I had a casting agent chick ask me to come in for an audition for that naked dating reality show (met me at a pool party for a friend I had in the industry, wasn't a scam but I never pursued it), an MMA cutie, and an E-List celebrity, along with a bunch of otherwise normal girls. Most of those never went beyond the initial miring, but still that alone is leagues beyond where I was 3 years ago and none of it would have happened if I never started working out. Yeah I work out for females, IDGAF. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
File: Screenshot_20151224-184953.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151224-184953.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>35364162
>>
File: pw7btWW.jpg (106 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
pw7btWW.jpg
106 KB, 540x960
>>35363528
>posts something his shitty philosophy 100 prof assigned to him
>Uneducated simple minded tumblr tier morons needs things spoon feed to them in two sentences. Are you an uneducated simple minded tumblr tier moron?
>>
File: newspeak like.jpg (56 KB, 499x309) Image search: [Google]
newspeak like.jpg
56 KB, 499x309
>>35364306
dude, it's literally the lecture by Sartre.
you don't get the better explanation in 2 sentences.
You realize this is fucking philosophy. if you simplify everything into two sentences, you won't have anything worth remembering. Is this what the society has become, fucking ADHD kids running around unable to read 11 pages for the sake of changing their views on the world?
Are you that fucking lazy? Why are you even on /fit/?
>>
>>35364339
I didn't say simplify it in w sentences. I said convince me why I should bother with it in 2 sentences.

>is this what the world has come to

You're such a fucking herb. I bet you have no plans tonight.
>>
File: 1447517615006.jpg (42 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1447517615006.jpg
42 KB, 480x640
>>35364339
>quoting 1984

Edgy.
>>
I still harbor the feelings of edgy teenagers and numbness emotionally. I've just began to give less fucks on matters that I should have realized before were not worth the stress.

Since my first day at the gym, I have seen my social anxiety recede significantly. I feel like a languid piece of shit when I go for longer than a week without lifting now. but you grow to love it
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.