[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1438802406658s.jpg (9 KB, 250x156) Image search: [Google]
1438802406658s.jpg
9 KB, 250x156
What's the perfect routine for working out six days a week, /fit/?
>>
R8 routine pls

>ABCABCx

A:
>Bench press - 3x8
>Incline dumbell press - 3x8
>Incline dumbell flys - 3x8
>Shoulder press - 3x8
>Upright row - 3x8
>Dumbell lateral raise - 3x8
>Close grip bench - 3x8
>skullcrushers - 3x8
>Tricep cable pressdown - 3x8

B:
>Barbell row - 3x8
>Lat pulldown - 3x8
>Cable rows - 3x12
>Barbell shrug - 3x8
>Barbell curl - 3x8
>Dumbell curl - 3x8
>Preacher curl - 3x8
>Wrist curl - 3x8
>reverse grip barbell curl - 3x8

C:
>squat - 3x8
>leg press - 3x8
>Leg extension - 3x12
>Leg curl - 3x12
>Calf Raises - 3x20
>Lunges - 2x10
>Horizontal calf raises - 3x10
>>
File: 1450653494221.png (12 KB, 492x388) Image search: [Google]
1450653494221.png
12 KB, 492x388
When I'm deadlifting the first rep feels the heaviest and like a struggle, almost losing my form but after I lift off the weigh and do the next reps without losing the tension and just let the weights touch the floor (not bouncing) lifting the weight is easy as fuck, but if I do single reps something feels very off.
What am I most likely doing wrong or is this normal? Should I deload and start doing "singles" for 5 reps?

For reference I do sumo deadlifts, conventional dl feels very off to me almost like if I'd be ATG squatting the weight.
>>
>>35344205
Do pullups pussy
>>
>>35345636

Stretch reflex.

The concentric (or 'lifting shit') phase of the lift is about 10% or so easier when its done after lowering the weight into position compared to starting from a dead stop. This is exaggerated with sumo deadlifts, as the weakest part of the lift by far is getting the damn thing off the ground.

You probably have some serious issues with your conventional form, by the way. It really shouldn't feel like that.
>>
I had put in a couple weeks at a gym trying to leave killer whale fathood, but my car is busted and I'm stuck at home for the time being.

Only equipment I've got is a set of adjustable dumbbells and a treadmill. Can anyone recommend a rudimentary routine to get me by until I'm mobile again?
>>
can i buy a chainshirt and wear it to work under my regular clothes? besides being called a lunatic if someone finds out, will it train any muscles?
>>
File: 1450492544682.png (22 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1450492544682.png
22 KB, 275x200
>>35345661
I won't deny that my deadlift form might be kinda fucked up but I've always blamed the fucked up feel off it on my very long legs and short torso.

I'm 6'1 and my dick start at a doorknob's height and with weightlifting shoes I'm even taller.
>>
When I bench I get a shock down my arm, like hitting the funny bone.
How the fuck do I fix this?
>>
My bf is about 20%
I'd like to get to at least 12% before bulking
I'd like it to be as fast as possible.
Do you guys think a 700kcal deficit + a little cardio will be acceptable?
Will i have much muscle loss?
>>
If I do nothing but planks for one month, what will happen?
>>
>>35345728
That's pretty much what I've been doing now for a week.
My core is getting stronger and I'm not hurting my back as much.
>>
>>35345728
>>35345739

Is it really good for your back? I've been doing some bodyweight routine but I don't have access to a pullup bar and I feel like I'm ignoring my back. I was thinking about adding planks to work my core and back.
>>
>>35345698

That's actually a pretty ideal build for conventional deadlifting.

Take the damned weightlifting shoes off when deadlifting, either style.
>>
>>35343975
Here's my six:

>Monday:
OHP
Face pulls
Dips [weighted]
Pulls [weighted, various grip]
Side Bends

>Tuesday:
Deadlift [deadlift/sumo]
Single Leg Romanian Deadlift
Hanging Leg Raise

>Thursday:
Bench Press
Reverse Flyes/Seated cable row
DB One Arm Row
Wrist forearm curl - palms up & palms down

>Friday:
Squat
Hip Thrust
Leg Press
cranes w/ wrist stretch between sets
Single leg extension
DB Curls

>Sunday:
Row [aim for 20 s/m, 5k, under 30min]
Lightweight Form [diddlys, front squats, lunge squats]
Pendlay Rows
Bulgarian Split Squats/Pistol squats
Vag machine
>>
>>35345765
>Here's my six:
or five, you know, it's late here...
>>
>>35345754
I thought hip structure has more and arm length makes a much bigger difference in what stance fits you the best.
http://www.strengtheory.com/should-you-deadlift-conventional-or-sumo/
>inb4 "strengtheory.com lmao"

It feels like I have twice of the ROM when I'm doing conventional and sumo is just a little push with my legs while conventional is almost a full squat.
>>
A
OHP 3x5
Pull ups 3xf
pullover 3xf
lateral raise 3xf
facepull 3xf

B
Rows 3x8 or 3x5 if you can do them well
DL 1x5
glute bridges or hip thrusts 3xf
calf raises 2xf
21s x 2

C
bench press 3x5
Pull up 3xf
dips 3xf
pullover 3xf
pec deck 3xf

ABCBABx

or

CBABCBx

or alternate between the two

DONT DO SQUATS REEEEEEEEEEEEe
>>
>>35345791

I won't argue so much with Greg (I actually had him doing my programming for me back when he very first started doing online coaching and he was damned smart in general), just that its pretty rare to meet someone of that height and build who isn't better at conventional deadlifting once the form kinks have been ironed out.

And by the sounds of it, you've got form kinks in both stances. If you're going to pull sumo, its probably best to stop using touch-and-go reps because that dead stop at the bottom is where you really need to be strong to be good at sumo. If the bar breaks from the ground cleanly in a sumo deadlift, everything else is usually a formality.
>>
Please respond >>35345722
>>
I haven't trained in 6 weeks because of an injury and I've lost definition and ruined my good progress. I feel like shit, someone please cheer me up and tell me it won't take forever to get back to where I was.
>>
>>35345852
Muscle memory is a good thing. Ganbare, sempai.
>>
My 6 days a week looks something like this

Quads/hams/calves
Chest/core
Back/cardio
Shoulders/cardio
Quads/hams/calves
Bicep/triceps and either core and/or cardio

In no specific order but you get the idea. Honestly just lift everyday for max profit
>>
>>35345852
Gains come back quick brah just make sure your nutrition, training and supplementation are on point for max profit brah
>>
Im 25%bf and can only bench 1pl8, squat and dl 2pl8. How do I get as close to zyzz mode by summer?

6'0 215lbs
>>
r8 my routine

A
bench press 3x5
lateral raises 3x12
shrugs 3x12
Abs
calves

B
Squat 3x5
t bar row 3x12
bat wings 3x12
pull ups 3x12
cable pushdown 3x12
overhead tricep extension 3x12
bicep curl 3x12
C
ohp 3x12
incline bench 3x12
flys 3x12
Abs
calves

D
deadlift 1x5
leg extension 3x12
lunges 3x12
cable pushdown 3x12
overhead tricep extension 3x12
chin ups 3x12

been running greyskull for 6 months before this. each muscle will be hit 2 times a week.
>>
How do I deal with ulnar nerve entrapment? Benching and chest pressing causes a funny bone tingling feeling. It doesn't necessarily affect my lift but it is fucking annoying now and a bit frightening. What do?
>>
>>35346749
It's kind of messy.

Try to divide it between push and pull or lower and upper.
>>
>>35343975
PPL

Chest/tri back/bi legs/shoulders
>>
>>35344205
Ditch all the curls in B and do some deadlifts.

Increase volume on just the preacher curl, put that in the end. Do chin ups as well. Move the upright row to B day.
>>
/fit/ is this article right? https://www.t-nation.com/training/you-dont-know-how-to-curl
I did that curl form today and had to drop 10 pounds from my usual barbel curl
>>
any ausfags know where to get cheap gym shit from or do i just look for craigslist/gumtree
>>
>>35347094
If you're doing it on craigslist get it now - new years is coming and its going to be sucked dry.
>>
What is the "healthiest" type of sugar you can buy???
White?
Brown?
Raw?
>>
>>35347111
o fugg i forgot about that
>>
I know I am going to get shit on for this but:

what is a respectable curl weight? can I get there if my only biceps work is pullups, rows and curls 3x a week?
>>
>>35346898
First check your form and see if you're doing something stupid such as letting your wrists hang back.
Google ulnar nerve gliding exercises and see if some of those help. If not, see a professional.

>>35346955
Well there's nothing incorrect about it. It's also no wonder you can't use as much weight as you're removing other muscles from the equation. Or trying to anyway.
But it's not like you can't still train your biceps curling in different ways. There is no ONE way to perform an exercise.

>>35347126
Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

>>35347137
Depends on how heavy you are.
That said, if you can do barbell curls with 60 kgs and minimal cheat, I'd say that's quite respectable. Although more often than not, people need to reduce the weight they're using on biceps exercises, so be careful not to start fucking everything up chasing bigger numbers.
>>
i've stalled on the last 2kg of cut, am at ~14% and my goal is 12-13%. I've been thinking of changing my goal intake but also been thinking about going on a juice diet to just get the last few kg off. Has anyone had any success with the juice diet? My biggest fear is a lack of fibre but if i just include chia seeds I should be fine.
>>
Can someone tell me what the fuck is wrong with me

Maybe 3 months ago I came here and started getting into fitness. Every day I pushed a little harder for a more rigorous daily routine. First it was literally just "no snacks", then it was counting calories and then macros and then having less and less calories until I was at 1200 a day, and then actual excersize, and then fixing sleeping schedule, etc. Just normal stuff all healthy people do.

But that's all sort of besides the point.
This week especially I've been feeling really fucking angry and cynical and bored and pissed off by existence in general. I've noticed I'm being very rude to people in my manners of speaking. Some family came all the way down here for Christmas, and I haven't even visited with them. I don't even give a fuck. My mom's depressed and my dad thinks I hate him or at least am distrustful of him (and that at least is true) which I can tell makes him feel shitty.
But I don't give a single fuck about any of that! I am absolutely apathetic.

Is it something I ate? Am I not eating enough? Sometimes I'm scared I'm cutting too aggressively.
Maybe it's fruit, I don't have much of that. This past week especially I've had pretty much just meat and oats, I don't remember any vegetables or fruits.. Do they affect the mind in any way?
>>
How do I eliminate swinging when doing tricep dips?
>>
>>35347577
>3 months ago
The beginning of winter with lack of sun leading to lack of Vitamin D which is important for mood? Supplement 5000 IU daily.
Also yes fruits and vegetables are important for the mind.
>>
>>35347577
>>35347609
Also this
>1200 a day
Unless you are a girl or a midget you need to eat more. No wonder you're angry if you're malnourished.
>>
>>35347602
tighten core, hook legs, lean forward, don't use momentum as in keep the forward lean.

>>35347577
read the sticky. Get more sleep.
>>
For the past few days I've had a pain in my lower right abdomen that feels more uncomfortable when I walk, and hurts when pressure is applied to it (been to the doctor, they're not sure). It can't be from starting to lift, right?
>>
Could you guys rate my routine please?
ABxABxx
A:
Bench press 3x5
Incline db bench press 4x8
OHP 3x5
Lat raises 4x8
Tricep dips 4x8
Squats 3x5
B:
Deadlift 1x12 1x8 1x5 1x3 1x1 / Pendlay rows 3x5
Chin ups 4x8
Lat pulldowns 4x8
Rear delts raise 3x8
BB curls 4x8
leg curls 4x8
>>
what does "accessory exercise" mean?
>>
>>35344205
Lol people telling you to add or remove shit are retarded. Because this program is absolute fucking shit scrap it asap. Too much volume go do coolcicada ppl you tard
>>
File: 1450816144955.png (128 KB, 765x409) Image search: [Google]
1450816144955.png
128 KB, 765x409
I've been bulking to finally hit lmao 2 pl8 bench, but I have become chubby mode now and need to cut down.

I still want to make strength gains tho, so do I eat the same but add cardio. Or just cut down on food?
>>
>>35347577
this>>35347627

also, from a psychological side of things, you may feel superior to others because you put serious work into yourself. that may overimprove your self worth and make you a cunt
>>
>>35347701
there are your main lifts such as Dead lift, Squat, bench press, or Oly lifts; then there are accesories such as pull ups, barbell rows, incline bench. Focus should be on the main lifts, accesories help out for those muscles that the mains don't target that as well.
>>
Which is the best exercise to include in a beginner's fullbody program?

>Lat pulldowns
>Bent over rows
>Chin ups

Assuming deadlifts got the lower back.
>>
Are Hyperextension and Decline bench situps hitting the same muscles? Or is it fine to do one after another?

At my gym there is no squat rack, and I can't lift my squatting weight above my head to put it behind my back, so I started using smith machine. Should I stick to smith's or squat smaller weights?
>>
Guidelines for bulking and cutting?

Like should you just switch when it feels right? Or should you aim for certain bf?

I'm 6'3 80kg, still low ish bf atm ~13% ish, thinking i'll probably bulk to 90kg, or until im like 16-18%, then cut to about 10%?
>>
Moving my head to left and right hurt like hell in left side of neck and traps. What Should I do?
>>
does anyone have a good beginner greyskull LP routine? the base/arms version would take me like 30mins in the gym and that doesn't sound great
>>
What do you do on cut when starting to lose strength?
>>
>>35347839

Remember that pulling down rotates shoulders forwards. So if you could only do one, it should be a row, for posture reasons.
>>
>>35347839
Lat pulldowns are basically a crappy version of chin-ups, so if you can actually do chin-ups, the choice becomes either chins or rows. Depending on how you do rows, they will usually hit the mid back (rhomboids, middle trapezius mainly) harder while chin-ups will usually hit the lats a bit harder.
So it's a question on what you want.

You can do both, perhaps on seperate days. Or you can do one for a while and then switch to the other if/when you begin to go stale on the first exercise.

>>35347887
>Are Hyperextension and Decline bench situps hitting the same muscles?
No. It's fine to do one after another.

Regarding smith machine squats, there's no doubt that they're vastly inferior to normal squats. However, it's not like you can't still get a good leg workout doing them. Squats are great, but not magic. You can still work your legs well without them.
Dorian Yates built his mr. O winning legs using Smith machine squats and leg presses.

>>35347958
Let your bf% be your guide. When it gets too high it's time to cut, regardless of what the scale says.

>>35347999
Give it rest, mainly.
Stretching and massaging may help slightly.

>>35348026
First you need to be sure you're actually losing strength and aren't just mindfucking yourself.
Then check other variables of recovery (sleep, stress, crazy training volume etc.)
Evaluate whether you're cutting too hard.
>>
Say if I start the beginner routine, at what length of time should I switch to intermediate?
>>
>>35348063

When progression stalls. Usually it's a few months.
>>
>>35348050
Thanks brah
>>
>>35348077
Should three months be reasonable?
>>
>>35348128
What don't you understand about "when progression stalls?"
>>
File: 1449079075973.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449079075973.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>35348050
Thanks.
>>
>>35348158
Well, I'm not that smart.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (204 KB, 489x800) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
204 KB, 489x800
is it really worth it to cut if i only weigh 138lbs @ 5'9"? my bodyfat is kinda high but i think stalling my progression just to get leaner isn't gonna do much when im gonna look DYEL anyway
>>
>>35348340
Cutting almost always makes you look bigger. Most people don't think of you as buff when you just have tree trunk arms. Chicks think definition=muscle mass
>>
How do I warm up properly before dips? The first set feels a bit iffy on my shoulders (no pain, just feels unpleasant), after that it's fine.
>>
gymbro does 5x5 and in his last set he does something he calls "drop set". it's basically max weight and when he can't finish anymore, he takes away some weight and continues again until he cant finish up to the point where he only has like 20% weight on.
Is it any gud?
>>
>>35348418
If it doesn't mess with your linear progression it's okay to use that to get a pump/some extra volume in.
>>
>>35348409
Bench dips?
>>
If you are 30% body fat, would you gain muscle mass whilst cutting?
>>
>>35348453

studies have shown this to be the case i believe
>>
How good is broccoli? does it have enough protein? i'm tired of eating eggs every morning.
>>
>>35348514

Broccoli is great but vegetables don't have that much protein. It certainly doesn't replace eggs.
>>
>>35348514
Protein bars are what I eat every morning
>>
I'm looking to take some hgh and I want to know what kinda of results I can look forward to. I lift 3or 4 times a week and run/swim everyday. I also eat approximately 8000-10000 calories a day.

I'm going to be taking somatropinne, growth factor plus, and [spoiler] maximizer penile enlargement[/spoiler]. I have been told from several buddie irl that these three work well together. I am 5'11 and 145lbs.
>>
I'm having issues cutting out diet Dr pepper and I believe it's significantly impacting my weight loss. I'm down to 240 from 292 and have been drinking soda throughout.

It's there an easy way to drop that shit? Some kind of alternative so I can kick it?
>>
>>35348664
Try drink teas/coffee and herbal teas instead, maybe? If you like the fizz then soda water is a good middle ground because it doesn't have the crappy sweeteners.
I make shitloads of green tea (unsweetened) and shill it. That's what I used to kick my diet soda habit a while back, and I continued drinking it after because it's nice.
>>
>>35348712
*Chill
>>
File: Routine - ElDiablo.jpg (654 KB, 2207x2340) Image search: [Google]
Routine - ElDiablo.jpg
654 KB, 2207x2340
Is it a bad idea to combine this with SL? I have no experience with bodyweight exercise so I would start on the first level of each.
>>
How long should I wait after eating before I lift?
>>
File: 1447085916033.webm (1 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1447085916033.webm
1 MB, 854x480
anyone know where to get adipowers/nike romaleos 2 in australia??? I've checked every shoe/sports store in the biggest shopping centre in the southern hemisphere and I can't find shit
ebay is all from america and I don't want to pay 400$ for a 200$ shoe
anyone able to help a brother out??
>>
>>35348999
If small meal, go ahead, if big meal wait for 0,5-1 hour. try it out and see what works for you
>>
Why did I drop 6lbs in my sleep? I know weight fluctuates due to water retention and such, but it's usually not this drastic. I have been drinking water just in case it is all water.
>>
How do i weight train with a cold sore i dont want to be in public
>>
1)what is a good excersise for abs hypertrophy that can be effectively done in sets of 10 reps.
(i know i know abs are made in the kithchen but a little hypertrophy cant hurt, right??

2)For hypertrophy in general, is it better to do 3 sets of 10 with a given weight or 4 sets of 12 with a little less weight?

3)Is 1kg of fatloss per week possible?
>>
>>35348732
those progressions seems like shit to me, always in the middle theres a very abrupt difficulty leap...

in my opinion, unless you give your full professional dedication to such programs its very hard to achieve unless you gain strenght from lifting before
>>
>>35349415

1) weighted sit-ups, hanging leg raises, pulley crunches
2) there's very little difference and it's individual anyway, what matters more is progress (weights, volume, shorter breaks etc)
3) 1kg weight loss is, it won't be all fat
>>
>>35349473
>3) 1kg weight loss is, it won't be all fat
what proportion of muscle aprox... half? do you think its worth it?
>>
I weight 144 at 5'9
1RM
Deadlift 176lbs
Bench 132lbs
Squat 143 lbs
are these good numbers or should i kill myself
>>
>>35349578

>what proportion of muscle aprox... half? do you think its worth it?

Not that much if you work out and get enough protein. Yes it's worth it in my opinion. 1kg a week is moderate, of course it's still difficult.
>>
>>35349587
Those are baby weights
How long have you been lifting?
>>
How often should I be incorporating volume work into my routine? Novice lifter, about 3 months of work, doing 3x5. I'm stalling out at 95 pounds OHP, I've read that doing volume work can help push through plateaus.
>>
28 year old with a test level of 400 ng/dL. How much of an affect could this have with gains? Anybody had success being prescribed TRT at low normal levels?
>>
>>35349587

they're pretty terrible if you've been lifting more than like 2 weeks desu.

i'm 138 @ 5'9 and my 1RMs are 276, 141, 225 on those after a couple of months

ur bench is way better than mine proportionately tho lmao
>>
>>35349609

He is also very light himself. These days many adults can't squat their own weight. No need to become an hero.
>>
>>35349415
>>35349603
Weighted situps are literally the shittest exercise and fuck with posture as its hip flexor dominant and makes them tight.

Cable crunches suck if you don't have the flexibility for them, and they suck even if you do, which you don't. Literally don't train help at all.

Hanging leg raises are alright, but I grunted you're just swinging your legs and and tightening your hip flexors.

The best AB exercises without any doubt:
>L-Sits
>Dragon flags
>Ab roller
>Planks (helps bad posture / lower back pain)
>>
>>35349638
i know, his lifts arent bad if he has been in 1-2 months, if he has been lifting longer he needs to start eating like a real human bean.
>>
>>35349637
>138 lb
Really?
Why dont you start, like, eating bro?
>>
>>35349642

If somebody is unable to perform sit-ups and HLRs with proper form, they sure as hell won't be able to L-sit.
>>
>>35349642
with all of those excersises you can reach maximum effort in like 10-12 reps?

my experience with abs excersise is that i cant find one that is hard enough for the 8-12 rep range, even the hardest dont come down from 20-25 to really strain me
>>
If im trying to gain weight, should i do running?
>>
>>35349671

i eat at a surplus every day bro
>>
>>35349619

Ehh it sort of works both ways. Sometimes it's good to reduce volume to introduce new weights, sometimes it's good to increase volume to build a base.
>>
I'm 5'10" and I have been gaining weight. I'm getting a little stronger, adding 5 - 10 lbs. on some of my lifts, but nothing dramatic.. I notice I am looking more muscular though.

Right now I weigh 160. How high should I get my weight before I cut back down? Right now I am still very slender
>>
About 2.5 weeks ago I started a hard cut (currently 207 pounds, approximately 30% bf), and I don't have access to a gym since the nearest one is 2 hours away. So I've just been using a skipping rope, doing bodyweight squats and doing burpees etc every day and severely cut my food intake. Literally have not lost any weight. The fuck am I doing wrong?
>>
>>35349715
You are not counting your calories. Buy a balance.
>>
>>35349704
If you are eating a small surplus you won't need to cut soon. I fell for the 500kcal surplus and i've gained 7kg in 3 and half months. Gonna cut in january.

>>35349715
Buy a balance and count your calories.
>>
Easiest way to determine the maximum safe load for a bar that won't destroy it/bend it?
I still have the original packaging and, as far as I know, is still being sold from the supplier. Supplier is a general goods retailer so they have no fucking clue what I'm asking
>>
>>35349743
If you know the diameter of the bar, the thickness of the metal and the material of the bar.it is a very easy structural calculation, i wont do it cause lazy, but find out that data and take it to sci or somethin
>>
>>35349102
Cover it.
>>
File: 1450273572292.jpg (29 KB, 482x450) Image search: [Google]
1450273572292.jpg
29 KB, 482x450
Is there a way to do squats without increasing my ass size? Should I just not do the pelvic squeeze that you do coming up? My ass is already kind of bi but I still need to increase the size of my quads a little bit.

Also fuck calves they don't grow.

have a cock pic for your troubles
>>
>>35349692
Yes, just make sure you calculate it into your TDEE so you don't prevent your weight gain.
>>
Is this an alright routine?

A:
Bench 3x6
Row 3x6
OHP 3x6
Pullups 3xF
Dips 3xF

B:
Squat 3x6
Deadlift 3x5
Curls 3x8
Chinups 3xF
Leg Raises 3xF

ABxAxBx

Please respond. I'm leaving for the gym in 15 mins.
>>
>>35349783
Diameter of the middle or the ends (screwlock bar) also easiest way to determine composition?
>>
>>35349897
>Diameter of the middle or the ends
for maximum accuracy both, but i guess that taking only one and imaging it as perfectly cylindrical would be a pretty accurate aproximation...

>>35349897
>easiest way to determine composition?
check the tech specs for that or a similar product, i dont really know about it but probably most bars in the world are made for similar materials

OH AND ALSO, take into consideration that you need some safety margin, once you get a fat virgin to do the math for you , do not load it anywhere near 80% of that number stay a little below that
>>
>>35349814
Front squats
>>
>>35349883
Take out the chinups. You don't need to hit your lats 4 times a week while you only hit chest/shoulders/legs twice a week.
>>
>>35349609
1 year aprox
>>
>>35349996

dont take the piss m8
>>
Is there any point in not doing sets until failure? I mean, I aim for getting a certain amount of reps per set, but I always do them until failure. Is there any reason not to?
>>
>>35350407
>Is there any reason not to?

You'll recover more quickly which allows you to work out more often, which is benefitial in several ways.
>>
Who is cute tomato and why does everyone hate him/her
>>
>>35349883
It looks like every other noob routine.
If you're past the beginner stage, there are better things to do. If you're still there, it's ok, and ok is enough for the short months you'll stay there.
Try working on your power cleans every once in a while too.
>>
I dunno where to post this and I have no friends to ask for advice
>be at gym
>new routine that include some weird shit
>romanian deadlifts and smith machine calf raises
>the romanian dls are pretty easy to get down form wise but I feel like I overdid it with the weight because I thought it was similar to deadlifts just with more focus on hamstrings than the quads but I'll get that right
>feel like people are watching me and making fun of me but shake it off
>Then move on to the smith machine calf raises
>Got the form horribly wrong checked once I got home but I still got a nice burn in my calves out of it
>Look at some guy at the squat rack
>He is facing me with his phone in his hand looks like he is taking a video or pictures
>Feel disheartened
>Don't want to work out anymore
>Finish and get home
>Don't know what to do now
I'm 100% sure he took at least some pictures because he leaned on the squat rack and the way he leaned was unnatural because he was pointing directly to where I was doing the calf raises, what do I do now?
Should I just move on and get big and not bother trying to talk to him about it next time?
I normally don't give a fuck about people watching or taking pics of me but today was just such an overload of happenings it was weird as fuck.
>>
>>35350856
Maybe he thought you were cute. Or recorded it to take note of your form because he was too shy to ask you what you were doing. Try to not be negative bout it and continue doing your thing. Don't let some cunthole stop you from getting mad hamstring and calf gains
>>
File: 20151223_161419-1.jpg (1 MB, 1438x1560) Image search: [Google]
20151223_161419-1.jpg
1 MB, 1438x1560
Does anyone know what brand this is in the pic?
Today I got a compression shirt from this brand. It was the last in stock in my size and I thought I'd try to source them online but the name is pretty generic so.. can anyone make out the logo and the brand?
>>
>>35350933
Ok thanks
>>
>>35349723
What is this and where can I get one? Also, are there any other bodyweight exercises I could be doing in addition to what I already am?
>>
Are dumbbell lunges a less snap-city chance alternative to db squats?
>>
Here's my conundrum.
Lifting for a year, yes, a YEAR,
AND STILL HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED SHIT.
I've done the same workout as my friend the entire time, we lift together.
His idea of chest and tri day is:
Bench
Incline Bench
Chest press
Tricep rope pushdown
Tricep iso extension with cable
another chest press machine
and finally cable chest flys.
That's too much, right?
I'm not crazy?
Every day I tell him that's way too much shit and we're overtraining but he doesn't believe me, even though we both haven't gotten anywhere in almost a year of lifting
>>
>>35351321
What are the rep ranges and how many sets?
That looks ok?
I dunno why you're doing a split from the very begining you haven't even built a strength foundation.
>>
>>35351334
about 4 sets of 10 for each exercise
That's what I was thinking too, I wanted to do SS for a little while and get a foundation but he said fuck that, strength isn't important it's all about aesthetics.
Meanwhile he and I are clearly both DYEL.
I'm about to just stop going with him and do my own shit. He's not motivational at all, he gets super fucking high before we workout and he just acts retarded.
>>
>>35351387
The logic behind strength routines is that you build up a good foundation in a short time because you will be overtraining with a full split.

At the begining you will get enough gains with just increasing weights and little excersizes and when you realize that you ain't making good gains after about half a year maybe earlier depending on how well you gained muscle you move on to more shit either full body or split.

You guys need to read up on shit why did you not read anything, not even the sticky like literally anything tells you to not start a beginner split because how can you expect to ''hit'' chest when you are fucked after 3 chest exercises.
>>
File: hare.jpg (63 KB, 986x1200) Image search: [Google]
hare.jpg
63 KB, 986x1200
My shoulders and neck are killing me. I've done 200 push ups a day for two weeks and lately my shoulders have felt really tight, and now the pain. I'm going to take it easy for a few days but are there any stretches I can do, or something, to ease the pain? How can I prevent it happening again (other than not overdo it with the push ups)?
>>
File: 1442111332150.jpg (35 KB, 296x369) Image search: [Google]
1442111332150.jpg
35 KB, 296x369
>>35343975

I've been losing weight and starting to realize my shoulders are narrower than what I expected. What is a fast and painless way to kill myself?
>>
>>35351623
Build more muscle in shoulders and try to not kill yourself before the season is over.
>>
Hey anons, I'm on a bulk. I loft 3 days a week with no cardio, trying to budge the scale at 160lbs before I start to cut, I'm 140 on a gold day currently.

I've been eating 3 slices of bacon nearly every day with my 3 eggs and 1 bagel with peanut butter for breakfast. I eat pretty lean otherwise, chicken, rice, shakes blah blah.

Is the bacon meme something to worry about. I'm already reading the negative health effetcs of eating it a lot, American bacon is so fatty and salty.

Am I going to make it if I eat a serving of bacon every day? The cals and fat are great for a bulk breakfast.
>>
>>35350856
Don't worry about it. Nothing can really affect you unless you let it. Nobody cares except yourself.

One time my younger sister hosted a gay party at our house (when I still lived there) and invited all her gay little stupid friends and all their annoying boyfriends and shit.

I didn't bathe that day and didn't wear deodorant, I found some fingerless leather gloves to wear and a trench coat and I greeted everyone at the door and the whole night I acted like a giant fucking loser and said my sister and I are best friends and we hang out aaaall the time and you should all come over more often! Then I spilled drinks on myself and did the worm in the middle of the "dance floor" AKA our living room. She never hosted a fucking party with loud gay normalfaggot music at our house again, so basically I won.

You can start winning at life too as long as you have no shame, like me. Who cares what some underage fags think about me. Who cares what some roided up juice head at the gym thinks of you? He's not your friend or anyone you know.
>>
>>35351915
I don't own a trenchcoat and I don't have any kind of gloves what do I do?
>>
>>35351930
See if you can fashion a paper fedora

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-an-Origami-Fedora-Hat/
>>
>>35346295
Eat and tren hartrend, anavar give up
But for serious, you wont by this summer, just keeping lifting
>>
What's up

5'9"
120lbs
Where do I start? I've read the sticky plenty but don't know how to make my own routine
>>
>>35351951
you never said anything about fedoras I don't do well with headgear
>>
>>35352048
If you read the sticky, you'd know you shouldn't be trying to make your own routine as a beginner.

>>35351881
It's fine. The dangers of saturated fat are mostly in the context of the sedentary. As long as it's not your sole source of nutrition and you're lifting, I wouldn't worry about it.

>>35351544
Stretching routine in the sticky. What are you trying to accomplish with all those push-ups?

>>35351250
Legs are tough to overload without a barbell or machine. If you have heavy enough dumbbells, then yes, lunges might be a better option, if only since they're less of a bitch to set up than goblet squats.
>>
File: IMG-20151223-WA0004.jpg (555 KB, 2048x1232) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151223-WA0004.jpg
555 KB, 2048x1232
I did reg's park routine during the last months but decided to switch to upper/lower body 4x/week ABxABxx and some cardio during Rest Days.

I used to sweat a lot, but during reg's park this never happened, yesterday was my first lower body workout and i sweatd like a whore, anyways... today i did some cardio stuff i ran 10.5km at 6min/km pace, also sweated a lot (been out of cardio stuff during few months), somehow when i stoppd running my skin turned red with some eruptions + itching.

Why?

Today i ate lentils/beans/nuts/peanuts/orange/coffe could this be some kind of alergic reaction or its something related to the cardio stuff?

soz for ma englando
>>
File: IMG_20151223_232140.jpg (607 KB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151223_232140.jpg
607 KB, 1520x2688
How much of a faggot am I for using straps with 200lbs Deadlifts? My forearms are strong enough but I have really short fingers so it's hard to get a good grip (also too short for hook grip and over-under feels awkward). Is there any reason I shouldn't use straps even though my short fingers are definitely the limiting factor?

Pic related, forearms and fingers
>>
I did my usual Greyskull routine yesterday (Bench Press, Pendlay Rows, Squats, and Curls).

The program says I need to take a rest day, but due to circumstances beyond my control I am stuck at the gym today for an hour or so.

What kind of accessories can I do today that won't interfere with my main lifts?

I won't be able to make it to the gym for the next 3 days because of holidays.
>>
>>35351544
>I've done 200 push ups a day
try wearing a heavy back pack and doing only 3x5-10. or try planche pushups and stay in that rep range
>>
How should I progress as a begginer when my gym doesn't have 2.5lbs weights? Currently im increasing weight by 10lbs when i can do 7 reps with lower weight
>>
so you can only increase in increments of 10lbs??

easy
do 3x12 of an excersise, then once you can do it easily ,add 10 lbs and do 3x8 and crank it up to 3x12 then rinse and ripit
>>
>>35352176
Thanks
>What are you trying to accomplish with all those push-ups?
Shoulders and chest. I don't have access to gym or weights
>>
All of my compound lifts have skyrocketed since I started bulking, but my preacher curl is PATHETIC. I can do 3 sets of 10 reps with a 40lb E-Z bar. If I try a 50lb ez bar I can barely muster a few reps.

How the fuck do I get stronger biceps?
>>
>>35352300
Thanks, man. I'll try that.
>>
>>35352338
different excersizes
>>
I (lifting for 1 1/2 months) OHP 3x a week with three sets of 5 reps. how much can I increase weight per session/week?
>>
>>35351544
Grab your left arm and turn it under your jaw to the right. Use your right arm to pull your left arm very close to the neck. Repeat with other arm.

Grab something like a corner or door frame with your left hand, straighten your arm and turn yourself away from your hand. Repeat with other arm

Move your as close to your left shoulder as possible but don't move your shoulders. Maybe use the left arm to pull your head a bit more down. Repeat with other side

Let me know if you didn't understand something
>>
Does anyone have a good bodyweight routine for military use? I'm trying to get into the DEP, hoping for Rangers.
>>
File: bodyweight_exercises.jpg (2 MB, 2481x6600) Image search: [Google]
bodyweight_exercises.jpg
2 MB, 2481x6600
>>35352454
There are a lot of exercises and you need to find those which stress your muscles enough. Pic related gives you a good start
>>
What do you guys carry in your gym bags? So far I have some chalk, a lifting belt, a dipping belt, lifting straps and a bottle of water.
Am I missing anything?
>>
>>35352554
Buttplug
>>
>>35352367
5-10 pounds. Progression will begin levelling off soon enough assuming your form is strict.

>>35352338
Adding 10 pounds to an isolation is much harder than to a compound. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If you want to switch to another curl for a while, you can always do that too.

>>35352333
One thing you can try in the meantime is finding a place to do dips, since they can be overloaded a bit easier than push-ups. Even a sturdy pair of chairs can work in the short run.

>>35352304
You can progress in bigger jumps, as long as you know that it's likelier that you'll be increasing the weight less frequently.

>>35352296
Try some stretching and mobility work. 3-4 days without lifting is virtually nothing.

>>35352275
You shouldn't need to strap up for 200 pound deadlifts, especially if you aren't working in high rep sets. How much do you weigh?

If you absolutely have to, do all your warmup sets strapless and work as far into your work sets as you can before your grip completely fails on you. You can also add in some grip work (towel hangs, static holds, etc.) at the end of the workout if you want.

>>35352554
Depends entirely on what you need.
>>
>>35352442
Thanks. I get it. I already do those though.
>>35352582
>Even a sturdy pair of chairs can work in the short run.
I'll try this for now, and find some place for dips. Thanks, mate.
>>
Was doing rows today and I remembered seeing a video about back width and back depth. Seems like there are opinions about certain pulling movements for back (vertical and/or horizontal) can emphasize either width or depth of the back. Doesn't seem intuitive cause the back only knows one thing -hypertrophy. Having a hard time believing that "rows are for thickness" and "pull downs are for width". Sometimes the two are even used differently by different youubers as Chris Jones. I know you can target a specific muscle group but can the lat growth really be controlled by how you hit it eg. rows vs pull ups.

Tl;dr - Are rows/pull downs for width/thickness a meme? Can you make the back grow a certain direction by doing a certain movement?
Can you train "back width" and "back thickness" sperately?

Thx.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
For squatting Rippetoe suggests raising your elbows to increase upper back tightness and to raise your rear deltoids so they support the bar better. Meanwhile other trainers and guides suggest lowering the elbows to decrease wrist strain and for a more comfortable grip. Which is better?
>>
If one had aspirations to compete, what would a home gym comprised of the following be missing in order to build a complete, solid physique...

-Power rack/cage for squats and bench with catches
-Multiple types of bars (EZ curl, shrug/curl, straight Olympic etc) with almost 2,000lbs worth of plates
-Leg press/hack squat combo machine with a 1200lb limit
-Dumbbells up to 100lbs

It's something I've put together over the last 2-3 years and my New Year's Resolution is to compete in a Fall 2017 show, so I'm giving myself plenty of time to build on the base I've already got from almost a decade of sports and lifting on and off.

Anyway... are there any obvious essentuals I'm missing and what body parts would you say are the hardest to train given the equipment I have (or don't have, I guess)?
>>
>>35352842
Rippetoe might be correct if doing low bar, but i'm not very good at low bar squatting.

If you are doing high bar or want to learn it watch this (he tells you amongst other things to keep your elbows down):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoZWgTrZLd8
>>
>>35352842

The one that works 4 you. Low bar squatters tend to have more elbow pain that high bar squatters. Wrist wraps can help that but if you are having pain in the elbows I don't think you have a proper bar placement. Also depends on how far out you have your hands on the bar.
>>
>>35352866
a rowing machine, or a nearby track.
cardio becomes quite important to prep.
>>
Still looking for christmas gift ideas. Only thing Im getting myself so far are wool socks and a new hard drive.
>>
At what point should I get a belt and where do I get it that ships internationally?
>>
>>35352866
That's pretty damn good for a commercial gym, let alone a home one.

Some people prefer cable machines for isolations, but it's far from necessary. I'd like some place in the cage to do pull ups too.

>>35352842
The "raise elbows" cue is for low bar squats - it can help pinch your shoulder blades together and sink the bar into your rear delts/traps.

For high bar/Olympic squats, the elbow down cue helps maintain tightness by doing the same thing - pinching your blades together and pulling the bar down onto your traps.

Different form = different cues.

>>35352822
It's broscience. That being said, the back is made of many different muscles, and is hit differently by different kinds of pulls. Even the lats alone can be worked horizontally (shoulder retraction) or vertically (shoulder adduction).

Tl;dr the width vs. thickness is bullshit, but having both types of pulls is beneficial for complete back development.
>>
Has anyone ever got hemorrhoids from lifting? And if so, what's a good way of dealing with them?

In case this is taken as a joke question, I'm not joking. I've had hemorrhoids for about a week and just as they were receding (they're the external lumpy type), they began flaring up and causing discomfort again during today's training. Has anyone else experienced this?
>>
>>35353131
Only once. Doing Valsalva incorrectly caused issues with this for me. Focus on pushing your abs out when breathing into your belly, not down.

While they heal/recede, treat them the way anyone would - wet wipes, anti-inflammatories, soaking in a bath, etc.
>>
>>35353202
Ty. I've been googling it as well and the articles I've found have been recommending the same thing. I guess it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one and it's actually somewhat common.
>>
>>35352896
I've got both a treadmill and elliptical machine.

>>35352993
I have a pullup bar inside the cage as well as a pulley for tricep and lat work. I was thinking cables were the thing I'm missing too, but it's somewhat hard to justify spending $1,000 on a good machine so that I can... isolate chest a bit better? Maybe some biceps as well? I'm a tall guy so it's my back and legs that need the most attention. Any machine, other than a specific row machine that would help with this? A close second to cables is a chest press/fly/lat combo machine. Any other thoughts from anyone?
>>
>>35352554
>What do you guys carry in your gym bags? So far I have some chalk, a lifting belt, a dipping belt, lifting straps and a bottle of water.
>Am I missing anything?

Your tampons ?
>>
Does pre workout expire? I have a half full tub labelled 11/2015 should i use it anyway?
>>
>>35353419
Yes. No problem
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-05-32.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-23-16-05-32.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
>>35343975
Squatted 270 for 3×5 today. Highest weight I've squatted for 5 reps. Pic related: one of my last reps at the deepest part of the squat. Is this form acceptable? I'm 6'3 and have a lot of trouble getting any deeper than this. I want to keep putting more weight on the bar, but if my form is subpar I'd rather step back and work on that.
>>
Are Hispanics and African Americans good to post in the current body thread, me and my buddy wanted to but weren't sure if it was okay.
>>
>>35353571
Go ahead.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 482x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 482x582
>>35343975
Everytime I benchpress, it seems like I just can't balance the bar. Like, even if I'm warming up with no weights, I can't manage to balance it, always tips to the left or right.
Same thing with weights, just a little less.

I think my left side is a bit weaker. What do?
Lifting for a month and a half now.
>>
>>35353485
Too high + you need fucking shoes to support the weight or you'll fuck your shit up
>>
I've been using myprotein for a while and am considering switching it up with the protein works whey. Its a bit dearer so is it worth it?
Also, Choc Mint Brownie or Choc Honeycomb flavour?
>>
Is it ok to squat every workout? I really enjoy the lift if I only go heavy once a week is it ok to do a few sights of lighter weight?
>>
What does /fit/ think about my routine? PUSH/PULL A/B/A/B/A/B/X everything is 3 sets 8-12 reps
A= Pull: CHIN UPS, BARBELL ROWS, DEADLIFTS, LEG CURLS, DB ROWS, BB CURLS
B= Push: PUSH PRESS, SQUAT, CALF RAISES, INCLINE CRUNCHES, BENCH PRESS, SKULLCRUSHERS
>>
Weight (body mass) depends directly on calorie balance, that's simple.
But what about body fat? How can I reduce it besides, of course, lifting? Eating less carbs?
>>
Seriously considering replacing bench with weighted dips as primary chest movement (inb4 fedora) and was wondering if anybody has had better/good results.
>>
>>35353912
>Weight depends on caloric balance
correct
now the weight you gain/keep will be part fat part muscle

the muscle part will be bigger if you excersise more and eat more protans

thats about it
>>
>>35353973
Yeah, that much I know too. But what if I'm eating at maintenance and my aim is to lower my fat?
I'm skinnyfat now.
>>
>>35343975
pplpplx
>>
>>35353992
if you eat at mantainance and work out while hitting your macros and micros then you will VERY SLOWLY lose fat and gain muscle
>>
>>35353966
MEME
>>
>>35354068
Okay. Thanks.
>>
>>35345694
>chainshirt
Let alone from being autistic, unless your fake chainshirt is over 10lbs it won't train anything.. if it is, it'll help train your traps and shoulders and neck
>>
>>35353966
Dips don't train chest.

Sad I took the bait
>>
File: IMG__201512354__082347.jpg (53 KB, 531x746) Image search: [Google]
IMG__201512354__082347.jpg
53 KB, 531x746
How to cure DOMS?
>>
What kind of shoes do I need for lifting?
>>
There's no thread with the dnp pastebin up can someone post the latest one for me?
>>
>>35354244
At the minimum, flat soled shoes. Vans, Chuck Taylors, etc.

>>35353854
It depends on the routine. There's plenty of squat centric ones out there, so yes.

>>35353590
Could be a form issue, a muscle imbalance, etc. Hard to tell just by description alone. Make sure you're setting your shoulders/scapula up properly.

If you're worried it's a muscle imbalance, try dumbbell pressing and see if there's a huge issue with one side vs. the other.

>>35354199
Stretch, foam roll, and keep training regularly + consistently. DOMS tends to lessen as you acclimate to a routine.
>>
Should I cut to 10-12%, currently at like 14%.

Stats are :

6'1 , 192 pounds

Bench - 235
Squat - 330
Deadlift - 405

Have a decent amount of muscle mass. But I feel like if I cut to 10-12% I'll be a lot skinnier but will look better.
>>
>>35354758
by looking better I mean more chiseled jaw, slightly more visible abs.
i-i-s it worth anons?
>>
How long did it take you to squat 315?
>>
around how much should I save for a home gym?
>>
Is butter ok when making eggs? Olive oil doesn't really prevent it from sticking to the pan as well as butter does.
>>
File: dayman.jpg (48 KB, 720x536) Image search: [Google]
dayman.jpg
48 KB, 720x536
>>35345662
Bumping this, unless I should just stick with a little cardio and bodyweight exercises?
>>
Can I increase my lifts and gain muscle while cutting to lose my belly fat?
>>
File: 1450548138120.jpg (281 KB, 892x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450548138120.jpg
281 KB, 892x1200
>been doing SS for 5 months
>need a new routine
does anyone know a good routine to become aesthetic?
>>
File: IMG_20151223_193049.jpg (183 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151223_193049.jpg
183 KB, 960x1280
All right, so my body is absolutely fucked.

>gyno
>5'10, 145 lbs

What the hell can I do to start unfucking myself? My very end goal is ottermode with noticeable abs, but I feel like that's the rhetoric of people who don't make it. In the month or so that I've been lifting, the real progress I've made has been incline bench press from bar to 130 lbs. Honestly I don't even know what I'm asking in this post, I'm just looking for general advice.
>>
>>35355260
bruh dem teets ain't loyal
>>
>>35355343
thanks
>>
>>35351544
You're over training, too many reps. You might get tricep tendonitis if u continue
>>
>>35349587
Wtf your bench is 10 lb less than mine but I
Squat 275 3x5
Dead 315 1x5
Also same h/w
>>
>>35355260
You still have some fat, it may or may not be gyno. Don't shoot yourself yet.

What's your diet and routine?

>>35355254
I'm a fan of Lyle McDonald's generic bulking routine.

>>35355074
Depends on your diet. If it doesn't kill your calorie intake, you're fine.

>>35354915
Bare minimums are a nice Olympic bar + plates, squat rack, and bench. I'd recommend not skimping on the bar.

The amount you'll pay depends on what you find. You can jump on some pretty good deals on places like Craigslist.

>>35354758
I like bulking to about 15% and cutting to 10,and repeating. I don't see any reason why you shouldn't cut at those stats.
>>
>>35355976
I'm pretty confident that I've got gyno. I can feel some fleshy tissue beneath my nipples, and I've had this since I've hit puberty.

I don't really hate a set diet at the moment, but I usually take in 200 calories under my BMR. I usually get a good 50g protein every day through chicken, so my diet isn't exactly on par.
>>
>>35356064
I'd recommend picking a goal (fat loss or LBM gain) and sticking with it for an extended period of time.

Start tracking calories/macros at least until you start getting decent at eyeballing it. It's too easy to spin your wheels and over/undereat unless you track. You need to bump your protein up in either case, but you already know that.

If you do have gyno, it's not a horrible case. You'll be fine.
>>
Is it possible to incorporate small cuts in between bulking?

Like 1 month bulk 2-4 week cut?
>>
If I undergo leg lengthening surgery and take HGH during recovery, will I be able to drastically decrease my recovery time and rehab time?
>>
>>35356149
yeah, you'll end up with a pretty shitty bulk and a pretty poor overall cut. Why not just do lean gains or eat at maintenance.
>>
>>35356298
Would maintenance allow me to cut fat, albeit really slowly, while not losing muscle? I'd be game if so
>>
File: dasd.gif (356 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
dasd.gif
356 KB, 500x581
When do I leap off SL?

Squat 230
OHP 85
Deadlift 250
Bench Press 125 (Don't know why I have such trouble progressing on it)
Barbell Row 160

Had to deload 10 percent due to sickness. Do I just keep going until my numbers are decent?
>>
>>35343975
PPL mayne
>>
File: 1428026321939.gif (476 KB, 188x174) Image search: [Google]
1428026321939.gif
476 KB, 188x174
>>35344205
VOLUME
O
L
U
M
E
>>
>>35356411
the correct answer is whenever the fuck you want. numbers are arbitrary, i can tell you that i got off a novice strength program at 100/155/225/245 for 5 reps, and someone else will tell you to do it until you can do 1/2/3/4 for a 1 rm.

it's your decision, i stopped doing it because i got bored and i wanted more curlz for the girlz. do programs to get closer to achieving YOUR goals, not your program's goals
>>
>>35355188
Yes. You can build muscle on a deficit, just slower than usual
>>
Hey /fit/ poorfag here.

I'm looking to improve on my food, at the minute I eat pretty boring food on repetition because it's easy to make and to afford. At the minute I'm eating chicken salad sandwiches for dinner (lunch) but I'd like to cut down on bread I'm eating but I'm not sure what to replace it with.
>>
>been lifting for 6 months
>105kg bench just last week
>very noticeable progress, mires left and right at the office
>gf got me a 5lb tub double rich chocolate on whey brotein
>DOUBLE RICH CHOCOLATE
Is it safe to assume that she browses /fit/? We have talked about whey protein, but I never mentioned any particular brand or even flavor.
Is she the one /fit/?
Also for the far more important question, how many scoops? Taken at which time of the day? I work out at 4:30pm-6:00pm.
>>
>>35356958
Or for a more /fit/ minded story, did her idea of the whey came from someone on /fit/ who's been fucking her when we're not together? Am I getting c.ucked?
>>
What body exactly do girls want? My 6/10 Asian gf just told me I'm getting to big and starting to look disgusting.

I look dyel as fuck, and I am 190 lbs at 6'2. Should I purposely stall?
>>
What's the safest caloric deficit you can cut at?
>>
>>35356958
She probably got it just because double chocolate sounds fucking delicious even to casuals.
>>
>>35357002
she's just getting insecure because you're surpassing her in smv

keep at it
there's no such thing as too big while you're natty
>>
>>35356937
Rice is basically bread but better tasting, lasts longer, and is overall cheaper.

You can make rice bowls for pretty cheap.
>>
>>35357002
I promise you that girls want otter-mode and not whatever you or most guys seem to want.
>>
>>35356937
Bread, butter, milk, oats, rice, beans, eggs, vegetable oil, carrots, broccoli, potatoes, chicken, orange juice.

That's pretty much everything I ate this week.
>>
Took a full month break from weightlifting due to other priorities. What routine should I do?

Thinkin a month of SS to get my body into it, then 2 months of texas then 2 months of a split routine, deload and continue splits
>>
File: 1448686704843.jpg (378 KB, 984x1075) Image search: [Google]
1448686704843.jpg
378 KB, 984x1075
2 things:

1. How many sets/reps of an accessory exercise should I do at the end of SS? Ill be doing pull-ups and dips.

2. 5'5 and 137 lbs. Should I be doing GOMAD? Im not fat, but not skinny by any means. Im also doing Army PT 3 times per week.
>>
>>35357086
Calculate your TDEE and eat it minus 500 calories.
>>
>>35357197
Is that seriously it?
1lb/week seems way too slow when I know people who have dropped 40lbs since September.
>>
>>35357207
Losing weight too rapidly will mess with your skin. Most ex-fatties on this site who did that mistake has the circus tent effect.
>>
File: 10_633645941093014790_hand7.jpg (117 KB, 380x570) Image search: [Google]
10_633645941093014790_hand7.jpg
117 KB, 380x570
>diddy lifting
>hands always end up in a pic related position
How can I strengthen my grip so Im not dead lifting with my fingertips?
>>
In short, how do you know if you need more exercise or less?

I started a job in construction recently, and pretty much feel like shit day and night.(muscles, joints, fatigue, etc) I still go to the gym once or twice a week instead of the usual five, but all lifts are slowly declining now.

Should I be pushing through the pain harder to toughen up, or just stop going altogether?
>>
>>35356937
Tilapia has high protien, low fat and it comes im bags of like 24 for 4 bucks

I oven back it with lime juice (no extra oil bullshit) for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit and it comes out well

Tastes great on a bed of spinach
>>
>>35357253
It doesn't matter how fast you lose weight in the end. Your skin probably won't be able to catch up anyway, so whatever.
>>
>>35357393
Yes. Yes it does. But please, go ahead, be stupid.
>>
>>35357192
GOMAD is a meme, don't do it you'll just get fat

>>35357362
Do exercises which target your grip strength retard
>inb4 "i'm too retarded to search"
Farmer's walk, wrist roller, grip hand exerciser, hanging from a bar / rings
>>
>>35357362

If you use a double underhand grip, I think the bar just does that. I wouldn't do grip exercises unless the bar is falling out of your hands.

That said, a good exercise for dead lift grip is just to pause at the top.
>>
>>35357377

Don't eat more than 2 servings a week, mercury poisoning is a bitch.
>>
How are you gonna eat during Christmas /fit/?

My family celebrates Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year with a shit ton of good food. Normally I would stuff my face no regrets, but I haven't been working out for weeks because of an injury and this would just fuck my progress up even more.
>>
Thinking of switching from coffee before workouts to caffeine pills. Good idea?
>>
halp me /fit/

>doing GSLP
>includes neck harness work

should i bite the bullet and get a neck harness, or is it really that important?

my goals are primarily strength, but i also want dem aesthetics
>>
>>35357680
personally i like caffeine pills, keeps my from drinking a pot+ of coffee a night to get through work (3rd shift)
>>
>>35357717
>is it really that important?
Not unless you're into contact sports.
That said, you can still do direct neck exercises without a neck harness. Simply rest a plate on the back of your head or on your forehead (depending on whether you're training the posterior or anterior neck muscles). You can bring a piece of cloth to put between your head and the weight if it's too uncomfortable.

Also, nothing makes you look strong like a big neck.

>>35357680
Doubt you'd notice much of a difference. I use caffeine pills myself for convenience. But only when I need the boost, because otherwise I build tolerance too quickly.
>>
>>35357741
thanks breh. i'll give that a shot before i bit the bullet on a harness.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.