[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm convinced this dick of a muscle (psoas) is causing my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
15 KB, 225x225
I'm convinced this dick of a muscle (psoas) is causing my chronic low back pain and APT. How do I stretch this fucker into submission? My google searches keep turning up yoga articles by people I fear want to sell me soy products.
>>
Desperation bump then im out
>>
>>28357531

get yourself a voodoo bone doctor (chiro). if you're not totally rekt, you should be better in 3-5 sessions. focus on using your hammies in squats
>>
File: Psoasstretch.jpg (17 KB, 450x438) Image search: [Google]
Psoasstretch.jpg
17 KB, 450x438
>>28357531
It's a very common problem amongst people whom sit down for long periods of time.

This is a stretch that helps.

Also: foam roll your back, spend extra time on your tender areas, roll it back and forth for 30 seconds each tender area.

Get to your low back, foam roll it, bend your knees and use your heels as a pivot point and just roll your knees to the right and left.

I'm sorry if I'm not able to illustrate it clearly enough. I wish I could show you. I'll try to find a video.
>>
>>28357531
Watch the limber 11 on youtube. The third exercise should help the most
>>
>>28357766

Chiros get a shitty, shitty rep, but if you find one who doesn't have their head up their ass, they can be absolutely phenomenal. Just have to find one who knows whats up, preferably with some knowledge of lifting.
>>
>>28357531

There's a massage therapy place in San Francisco called, oddly enough, Psoas. Their "newsletter" (i.e. self-promotion spam) is actually pretty good, and they give some good advice and videos showing techniques. Maybe check out their site and see if they have a blog.
>>
>>28357766
>>28357778
>>28357823
>>28357845

Appreciate all the replies guys. I will try all of these. If I have no luck with my solo efforts I will roll the dice on a chiro.
>>
Try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1prg6b/update_to_the_anterior_pelvic_tilt_fixing_thread/

APT made my Squats and OHP start to hurt last week, so I'm working on mine as well.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>28357778
This version works better for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYmemO-5Nuo

Hits hip flexors more as opposed to quads. Couch stretch is even better.
>>
>>28357961
Aw yes I do that as well.

Thx anon for correcting me.
>>
No sit september!!! Yea? Who's with me?
>>
>>28358033

uhhh... why
>>
FUCK the psoas muscle. Seriously. There is no fucking reason the femur should be connected to the fucking SPINE by a supraficial muscle. It's like God wanted us to all have lordosis.

If I could re-design the human body I'd say fuck the psoas entirely. It's just unnecessary. It's like the appendix of muscles.
>>
>>28358223

Our sitting culture is the cause of these back and posture problems. Not sure how effective not sitting is as a corrective method, though.
>>
>>28358223
>>
>>28358336

Meant that for >>28358186
>>
>>28357823
Limber eleven is great. story goes that this strenght coach's football players were out doing everyone else because of this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.