[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/. Cross poster from /v/ and /k/ here. A few questions,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1449629143298.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1449629143298.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
Sup /fit/. Cross poster from /v/ and /k/ here.

A few questions, as I'm working on losing weight. I'll preface this by saying i've read the damn sticky, got it bookmarked and I'm following it, mostly using the Couch to 5k, looking to get into a gym soon so lift.

I'm 6"1', and weigh in at 95-100kg. I'm a fat fuck. Is this place really only for dudes that are either bulking, or lifting hardcore, or do you guys accept fat cunts that accept they're fat and try to change it? I've started to turn my diet around, I still eat chips and junk food somewhat, but I'm swapping out the really shitty food for ham and salad sandwhiches and eating proper dinners like beef curry with rice, spicy beef strips with salad and some other things like that.

A second question, is probably something that you guys argue over a lot. Cardio, or weights? Which one will give me more weight loss? I've been doing cardio for the last 3 days and noticing some improvements, doubling my performance each day, but I'm wondering if getting in and lifting wouldn't both feel better and work better.

Third, what do you guys do post workout to soothe that ache that you get when you work to the max? I get a real bad ache, not really pain just real big soreness in my calves and thighs.

I guess I'm just a fat cunt trying to be not-fat. when I was 18 I was in my fucking prime. I was 6", had little to no fat, weighed in at 75kg. Any advice outside the sticky?
>>
>Is this place really only for dudes that are either bulking, or lifting hardcore, or do you guys accept fat cunts that accept they're fat and try to change it?
This is an anonymous imageboard, no one can stop you from coming here nor can we know what you are in reality. But yes, fatties looking for a change are generally well recieved here.

>Cardio, or weights?
Neither. The most important part of weightloss is your diet. Any kind of exercise will help you burn excess calories but you should concentrate more on what you put in your body rather than how to get in out. But if you want to put on some muscle then lifting is the way to go.

>Third, what do you guys do post workout to soothe that ache that you get when you work to the max?
What you are experiencing is known as DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). It gets better with time and you'll learn to kinda enjoy it at some point. Streching and foamrolling helps, possibly light cardio like jogging too. If you're experiencing muscle cramps then supplementing magnesium might help.

>Any advice outside the sticky?
When you start lifting, concentrate primarily on pefecting your form rather than increasing weight. Unless you have a friend who's an experienced lifter, look up lots of different how-to videos on youtube. Alan Thrall has some good beginner guides for all of the basic exercises in both Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5. Look them through with thought.

If you have questions, we have the QTDDTOT-threads where you can get decent answers to most of you questions. Google is your friend too.

Just keep at it anon, we're all gonna make it one day.
>>
>>35313763

This man speaks the truth, you're gonna experience shitposting ofc, but this anon speaks true.
>>
Keep up the cardio, do even more cardio, but there is no reason not to lift.

Count calories, eat whatever the fuck you want.

If you work out enough you wont get sore like that anymore.

My advice outside the sticky is do not be afraid of PEDs. Take DNP and you'll be a slim attractive normal man before you know it.
Take test once you're slim and get that masculine frame with good muscle quality.
The best transformations were obtained with drugs. Being natural is overrated.
>>
>>35313787
Don't do steroids, at least not until you have years of experience with lifting. Even though it nowadays is pretty safe, your family and friends will look down on you, even more if they catch you lying about not using them.
>>
>>35313763
>If you're experiencing muscle cramps then supplementing magnesium might help.

Also drinking more water
>>
>>35313590
>I've read the sticky
>I still eat chips and junk food somewhat
FUCK you. Seriously.

You can't talk about being accepted on the one hand, and on the other you are still shoving shit food into your gaping maw. You clearly didn't read the sticky if you have no clue about diet.
>>
>>35314094
Not everbody has the willpower to cut everything out at once, man. Some people need to ease into it.
>>
>>35314115
That's not what I was getting at, it's the fact that he didn't read the sticky. Instead of calorie counting he seems to think shoving sandwiches down his gullet instead is a viable alternative.
>>
>>35314141
I'm the OP.

I'm not exactly counting calories, but i'm not shovelling shit into my face either.

Sandwhiches fill me up, so I only really need to eat 1 or 2 at lunch/early morning and I'm good for the rest of the day now, compared to when I used to tear through packets of chips and cookies.

It's an improvement. However little it is, i'll fucking take it.
>>
>>35314214
Count calories bro. It's the only way. It's going to take some discipline but the odds of messing it up are way too high otherwise. Good luck. We are all going to make it.
>>
>>35314214
>not counting calories

M8, you're not going to make it. Download MyFitnessPal or some other app to make it easier. You're a fat fuck, you have no sense of the amount of calories your need to cut down. Track your foods for a few months, then you MIGHT be able to eyeball your calories.

Don't eat sandwhiches or snacks either. You are now committed to losing weight, so act like it. Cut down till you're a hungry skeleton, then do a slow bulk and weight lifts.
>>
File: 1441443672155.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1441443672155.jpg
557 KB, 1920x1080
>>35313590

Good for you for changing d00d. Try to work both weights and cardio in a program together but as with all things it's what works best for you.

The aching you're experiencing is called DOMS or delayed onset muscle soreness- hot baths and increased protein can help but as a beginner, it'll take anywhere from three days to a week to sort itself out, as you keep progressing this eventually gets to the point where DOMS is a nostalgic memory.

>Advice
Keep at it, strong mind strong body. Fitness is a personal endeavor.
Fat hate threads are also pretty sick for motivation.
>>
>>35313590
Lifting will build muscle which increases youd metabolism

I recommend creating a regimen of crunches, pushups and squats to do every day or at least a few times a week(dont feel bad if you laze out and miss a few days, you can always restart for more brogress)

If you cant do a traditional pushup do as many knee pushups as you can, alternate between that, crunches and squats. Do that over and over for half an hour or until yiure too exhausted to continue. Do this often and your fat will fall off and muscle will grow fast. Once you level out and stop making weekly progress in these exercises you gotta move on to the gym and ogher exercises. Keep doing research buddy.

Ive lost 60-80lbs twice (like 30kg?) in my life.
>>
Youre a man. Only women diet. If you do enough exercise your normal calorie intake should be compensated for.

That being said it doesnt hurt to munch on celery or kale as a snack if you already hit your macros
>>
>>35313763
>When you start lifting, concentrate primarily on pefecting your form rather than increasing weight. Unless you have a friend who's an experienced lifter, look up lots of different how-to videos on youtube. Alan Thrall has some good beginner guides for all of the basic exercises in both Starting Strength and Stronglifts 5x5. Look them through with thought.

Form is really fucking important. But most people have no sense at all about proper execution of form while performance. I'd recommend to have somebody experienced looking over. If you're a fucking autist like most people who cum to 4chinks then, at least, ask a non-experienced buddy of you or if you're super autistic your mom/dad if he could make a video of you doing exercising once a week/month. So you can check out your form visually.
>>
>>35314377

>Youre a man. Only women diet.

[citation needed]
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.