[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a PT anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 391x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 391x194
Hey guys it's me.

Most of you guys know me, last time we had a thread like this started by another PT and it was pretty successful.

If you want to ask me questions I'm here to help.
>>
any neat green text worthy stories
>>
>>35312038
Ehh a couple. Mirin stories happen to me almost every day, there's one that I thought was funny is it caught me off guard and was very direct.

>training client
>make eye contact with lady near us accidentally, smile and nod.
>comes up to me a bit later
>client is resting
>whispers in my ear "I just want to let you know, you have a really nice butt."
>literally respond with "T-thanks you too"
>realize I just re complimented her butt.
>>
I got an "elevated first rib" and a serious back muscle spasm- I think from OHPing -my osteopath dr. Adjusted me but didn't have much to say about preventing this. Any ideas. Th
>>
>>35312189
Make sure you're stretching lats and rolling your back before OHPing so that you aren't losing ROM and forcing movement through tight muscles.

Often times our serratus anterior and lats can tighten and reduce ROM making it harder to OHP and keep your arms and thoracic extended.

The issue seems to be more correlated with forcing reps when your form breaks down.

Is that how the injury occurred or did it happen randomly while you weren't even going that hard?
>>
>>35312229
Was not traumatic. I just woke up one day and felt super tight and noticed one shoulder was sitting much higher than the other. I couldn't even complete a pullup. I did never used to warm up but now I pay much more attention. Thx
>>
>>35312025
You still considering strength training? You mentioned a while ago that you were toying with the idea
>>
>>35312361
Sounds like you slept in a really bad position with an elevated scapula and fucked your shit up.

Imagine being in a bad position for 6-8 hours straight. Probably was that alone.

Stretching will help but just ensure you're more careful when you sleep.
>>
>>35312385
I've always been a big advocate for
Strength training but I can never bring myself to fully dedicate my time to a powerlifting routine.

Part of it is because I want to focus on hypertrophy and the other part of it is because I genuinely enjoy volume work more.

I still periodize my main lifts. But if I was powerlifting I wouldn't be doing shit like I
Am now.

I would strictly do squats deadlifts and bench press with accessory work that only translated directly to those lifts, but that means that I wouldn't be able to focus on the fun stuff I like.

Like arm days (lol)
>>
Assess Program plz

Monday:
BB Squat: 5x5
Leg Press: 3x5
Trap Bar Deadlift: 3x10
Leg Curl: 3x10
Behind Head DB Tricep Press: 3x8
DB Skullcrushers: 3x10

Tuesday:
Flat BB Bench Press (Bench): 5x5
Standing BB Overhead Press (Shoulder Press): 3x5
T-Bar Row: 5x5
1 Arm DB Row: 3x8
Flat DB Bench Press: 3x8
Cable Side Raise: 3x8
Close Grip Handle Lat Pulldown: 3x8

Wednesday:
Calf Raise: 5x12
Crunch Machine: 5x12
Leg Raises: 3xF

Thursday:
BB Squat: 5x5
Leg Press: 3x5
Trap Bar Deadlift: 3x10
Leg Extension: 3x10
BB Curl: 4x10
Seated Hammer Curl: 3x12

Friday:
Incline BB Bench (Incline Bench): 3x5
Standing BB Overhead Press (Shoulder Press): 3x5
BB Row: 5x5
1 Arm DB Row: 3x10
Cable Low Row: 3x10
Incline DB Bench: 3x8
Cable Side Raise: 3x10

Saturday & Sunday: Extra Cardio or Rest
>>
>>35312025
What's your ideal workout program? If someone said they want to look like you, what would you tell them? What sort of diet would you put them on?
>>
>>35312924
SS+GOMAD
>>
>>35286552
How hard is it for a girl to become successful as a trainer? Easier or harder than a man? assume an amatuer competitive powerlifter in downright solid shape, I think she is really attractive but probably not quite bikini competitor material without a dedicated cut that would definitely cost her muscle

Maybe it's base sexism but it seems like the guys wanting to get strong won't particularly respect her and I've only really met girls who wanted to compete in bikini once or twice until some random amatuer bb guy decides to fuck them silly and they slow down because that was their only actual goal
>>
>>35312972
Ignore the link, meant to link to op is all but accidentally caught up on some chucklefairy b8 I wanted to reply to but didnt
>>
>>35312935
You just said you prefer volume and hypertrophy. That's awkward.
>>
>>35312025
Have you ever trained someone with 12" calves or smaller and got them to grow? If so how?
>>
File: 1407878209423.png (282 KB, 498x464) Image search: [Google]
1407878209423.png
282 KB, 498x464
>>35312984
I do but only when I can get my hands on some activated almonds.
>>
>>35312414

Holding yourself back m8.
>>
>>35312984
That's not him, that's one of however many fatty tough guys roam this board trying to pull everyone else down into their misery
>>
File: o-POO-LOO-VIDEO-facebook[1].jpg (327 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-POO-LOO-VIDEO-facebook[1].jpg
327 KB, 2000x1000
>POO
>LOO
>>
>>35312025
i do two shoulder exercises everyday. is that over kill? i want big "fuck you" shoulders.
>>
>>35313095
Collagen injections seem to have worked well for the prosperous harpsichord. Perhaps that's an avenue for you to explore.
>>
>>35313031
PL is a joke so no he's not
>>
>Ask a PT anything

Why are 90% of PTs fat/underweight/dont lift losers who have been seriously exercising less than a year and spout broscience bullshit? And are you one of them? Why dont you become an oly lifting instructor/S&C coach/ something harder than a PT?
>>
>>35313141
I have tourettes and autism.
I also kick dogs when people are out walking them.
>>
>>35313035
That's silly.
>>
>>35312414
There seems to be a couple misconceptions out there
>size and strength are mutually exclusive
>PL programs don't have much volume
I'm on Sheiko right now and spend around two hours in the gym not fucking around four days a week. The volume often puts people into a pretty depressed mood, called Sheiko blues. If the volume was really low on this program you just wouldn't be having issues that a lot of people have like dead sex drive, loss of sleep, appetite, and some other shit.

I've gained a lot of good weight on Sheiko and it's made my form and strength much better. Not sure what more you could ask of a program
>>
>>35313265
Idk how to gauge my intensity x volume with deadlifts.
I started off doing 300 lbs single reps like 4 to 5 times.
Now I'm doing 300 lbs 4x4 really easy.
What do?
I can add maybe 20-30 pounds but it's a fixed weight.
>>
>>35313362
So you're stuck at 300lbs? You can't add weight
>>
>>35313138

Yes but the day you can squat 500 you can squat 3plate for 40 rep sets. You will not likely hit that endurance doing hypertrophy. You will drain yourself too much building up to it.

This goes with all lifts.
>>
Do you recommend any types of supplements? I just started creatine mono hydrate but cant tell if its actually working or just a placebo effect.
>>
>>35312984
>>35313030
>>35313120
>>35313174
Roflmao
>>
>>35313491

It definitely works. You wont notice it as a dyel though. Or if u go to the gym less than 6 days a week.
>>
>>35312924
I would do PPLxPPLx with one day focused on strength training and one day focused on volume.

First 3 days heavy work keeping 4 sets of 6-8.

3 days after rest for your next PPL you're doing 3 sets of 12 lighter loads, shorter rest.

It would look something like this.

Heavy push:
Bench press: 4x6 (2 warm up sets of 12-15 not including working sets)
Overhead press: 2x12 4x6
Cable chest flies: 4x8
Incline DB press: 4x8
Lateral raises: 4x8
Triceps extensions: 4x8

Heavy Pull:
Deadlifts: 2x5 3x3
Pull ups: 4xf
Rows: 4x6
Reverse flies: 4x8
Face pulls: 4x8
Bicep curls: 4x8

Heavy legs:
Squats: 2x12 4x6
SLDL: 4x8
Hack squats: 4x8
Leg curls: 4x8
Leg extensions: 4x8
Back extensions or lunges:4x8
Calf work: 5x20

Rest

Repeat the same thing except change everything to 3x12 and focus on a more slow tempo.
>>
>>35313265
I'm willing to try.

Any good sources you can point me to?

I need a new routine soon. I want to focus on more power oriented training with lower rep ranges but higher set volume.

I've been doing 4x12 I still get sore but I want to get more neural adaptation.
>>
>>35312025
Do females need to train differently? I keep hearing it's the same thing for every gender but women doing most routines that are popular here doesn't seem like it would go right
>>
>>35313799
It really depends on your goals.

Honestly I train my women clients with total body movements that incorporate some upper body things.

I might do a lunge to press or a squat to press.

Most of the time the women you see that are fitness models are reverse curl bros. they do almost strictly legs with some
Arms and shoulders. Most stay away from chest unless you're doing the occasional push ups.

However training like a body builder as a woman is going to yield a more masculine frame because there's more overall focus on upper body than a traditional simple total body work out.
>>
>>35312390
This literally happened to me, i fucked my rhomboid sleeping for like 3 hours in a shitty position, then i went to workout, after 3 sets of 10 handstand pushups, sharp pain in the back on the right side... Physicall therapist for 2 months, and still recovering from it stretching every day
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.