[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SF Training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 1.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
Don't know if I should post on /k/ or on here.

>Any /fit/izens here planning or currently training for SF selection for their country's military?

Right now I'm just competing and training in oly lifting, will focus heavily on cardio next year when I start my master's program.

Ganna go speak to the uni's cross country and swimming coaches soon to help make up some sort of program.

>What country are you anons in?
>What unit are you trying to get into?
>Training program are you doing?
>>
File: 2.png (172 KB, 500x337) Image search: [Google]
2.png
172 KB, 500x337
obligatory
>>
>master's program

why the fuck are you even thinking about joining the military if you're doing a master's?
>>
>>35301001

My dad spent 20 years in special operations, 5 years in 75th ranger, then 5th SFG.

He didn't "train up"
One day he just said fuck it and tried out, and made it.
If you feel you need to train, that means you don't feel you are capable in your current state, meaning you feel inadequate, meaning your chance of making it is slim.

Special operations selections are 90% mental strength and will power.

My dad was 5'9 150lb skinnyfat manlet at the time. .. still is. He retired with 9 deployments, and he killed his man at the age of 26, reportedly.

>inb4 lying on an anonymous cajun cunt licking forum
>>
>>35301001
most thing you need is pain resistance. they will try to break you with heavy cardio and backpack, sleep deprivation
>>
>>35301001
>America
>Currently in 3rd SF group, 4th battalion
>Already a Special Operator in the unit previously known as Psyop
>Trained already at U.S. Army John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School,
U.S. Army’s Special Operations Center of Excellence,
>completed SERE
>Deployed thrice
>Not a long tab
>been in 6 years, plan on trying out next year
>training as follows
Weight lifting aside because that's probably the least important aspect of the full training program and has little to do with your endurance outside of leg strength, will respond more to it if asked.
Monday: 2 mile speed run, Squats, leg/general
Tuesday: Pullup/Pushup, abs
Wed: 5 mile run (with or without rig).
Thursday: Swim, weight lifting
Friday: 10 mile ruck (95lb rig).
Saturday: sauna, sushi, saki
Sunday: Full body check, massage, organize things for week, optimize next weeks workouts.

Granted all we do for workouts is train to eventually try out to be a long tabber, so i'm not too worried about it. However I'd like to put on an extra 10lbs of upperbody as I only come in at 190lb.
>>
>>35301074
Yeah no doubt it takes a lot of mental toughness. But jesus, I've been focusing on lifting, my cardio is absolute trash. I definitely need to train up.

>>35301072
Military family 2bh, also been wanting to do this for a while. To add I get a lot of schloarship bux from my uni
>>
>>35301103

>Already a Special Operator in the unit previously known as Psyop
>Psyops
>Special Operations

Don't kid yourself, nigger. You are not an 'Operator' when all you do is pass out fliers and shit to the local sandnigger communities.

That's like those 160th fucks who tell their wives they are in "Special Forces" bahaha
>>
>>35301103
Thanks fro the reply.

What kind times are you hitting on your runs? How long did it take to work up to that? Feels REALLY shitty I'm ganna have to have to stop lifting as much.

Also I have both Australian and Canadian citizenship, not sure which military to join. Have you ever worked with the Canacucks or Aussies?
>>
>>35301143
Cool story bra
Too bad you don't know what makes a Special Operator and what doesn't.
>Support
>Special Operator
>Rangers
>Long Tab
Did you spend two years of your life on a mountain in Herat with the Long Tabs, working with them every day?
I don't think so.
>>
>>35301074
i don't know what kind of a trash country you live in but pretty much elsewhere from what I know you have quite harsh conditions of endurance and some strength to pass for the training

mental strength and will power alone won't help you run +3000 in the Cooper test, make bunch of pull-ups and sit-ups after and after that let you swim 500 meters in 12 minutes or improve your diving or jumping capabilities
>>
Dude, I'm also on that path, I want to go recon oh the marine corps to later go Marsoc. I am absolutely aware that it's gonna be years till I even get to Marsoc, it's a hard tough life not just physically but mentally too... train hard, your body, your mind, GET the most prepared u can... run, push, pull, run, lift, run and... run more, MUCH more
>>
File: 3556330-r&s+no+sir....jpg (49 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
3556330-r&s+no+sir....jpg
49 KB, 512x384
>>35301176
I worked with the Aussies in Badghis which is a region that snows almost none stop.
We were next to a Spanish base in Darreh-ye Bum, really cool people and super down to Earth. They work regularly with Long Tab and pretty much go through the game training when they are sent outside the U.S (think Korea, Africa training sites).
As for your Canadian brothers, they had a base in Herat that was the bomb to eat at, but I never got to talk to them.

My run times for 2 mile were 14:42
5 mile (no ruck) is a 20 second increase per mile.
My 10 mile ruck, assuming long stride (to make SF passing rate) 5-6 miles an hour, but if you want to be ahead of your classmates you would need to run brother.

The good news?
You can eat all fucking day.
Every day
All the time
no fucks
fat?
sugar?
fucking down that shit nigga.
You'll be burning so much energy none stop you can eat whatever you want all you want, if you still want to lift you should be fine.
Most the guys are either super skinny or built fat.
All of them have thighs that barely fit into multicam pants though.
If you look at pictures of them, they all wear a pant size one step too big, so it looks baggy at the ankle, but it's even then still super tight on their legs.

However, what you're really working out is your internal energy reservoir. So when you're put out in the field for two weeks with no food except what you catch, you can just keep going.
>>
>>35301263

Nigger, the average man should be able to run a 7:21 minute mile untrained.
>>
>>35301263
I will note my ruck speed is the only thing hindering me.
I'm only 6' and I have a longer torso than normal and shorter legs.
My stride is all kinds of fucked up.
>>
>>35301278
Are you joking?
Seriously, I want to know if this is b8.
The average man can not do one pullup let alone 20 in a row.
The average man can not do 30 situps without already being out of breath.
>A runner who is 17 to 21 and in good health runs a mile in about 6:30 if he is in the top 1 percent of that age group, according to standards set by the U.S. Army Physical Fitness Guide. Runners should shoot for a time of approximately 8:18 if they want to be in the 50 percent bracket for the age group.
If you are running only one mile. Sure I get it, I can probably sprint a mile way faster than 7:20.
Each mile you add on decreases total speed.
Get the fuck out of here with your bitch nonesense.
>>
>>35301263
Damn thanks for the detailed reply my man

Ganna be tough to switch to that much cardio. But sounds good I don't have track my calories and everything as anally

Do you do anything specific to avoid injuries and shit from all the running? I see some guys that compete in cross country at the gym sometimes, they are usually complaining that their knees or something is acting up
>>
>>35301355
Nah nah, the amount of running you'll be doing is not enough to cause long term injury if you eat properly and maintain your body (proper rest, stretch, icepacks, massages).
The biggest issue a lot of people find is the rucks, because of the 50+lbs and long miles.
Imagine carrying your weights around for hours. I generally found my ankles hurt more than anything.
Of course you want to work up to these numbers, allow your stabilizer muscles to build, and don't rip or tear anything.
You should be fine. It's no different than lifting, it just takes time and proper form.
>>
>>35301381
Sounds good, thanks for the advice breh

What do you plan on doing when you get out next year?
>>
>>35301001
I'm training for SF, US Army, got a brother in 10th group. I get some good pointers when he comes home every now and then.

In college at the moment, got another year and a half or so before I graduate. Plan on being in great shape before signing up.
>>
>>35301143
160th is pretty baller. I mean if you haven't seen black hawk down then you're a dirty skinny anyways.
>>
>>35301074
I'm in the middle of basic training for the Royal Australian Infantry Core. My goal in the next few years is to try out for the 2nd Commando Regiment. Like many are saying its 90% mental toughness and willpower to go on. Ive spoken to the guy that used to run Commandos selection courses and he has told me the ones that make it aren't always the people that finish first and best in everything, but are more often than not the ones that keep on going until they pass out and give 110% in everything they do and show the sort of determination the SF require.
What are your goals OP?
>>
File: army-logo.jpg (132 KB, 1040x1376) Image search: [Google]
army-logo.jpg
132 KB, 1040x1376
im int he army. The SF guys do PT right next to us and I watch them all the time

but for me, that shit is too much work. Lifting wont get you in shape for that, you gotta risk some muscle for that aka cardio
>>
>>35301471
I'm OP, in uni in Toronto. Got dual citizenship with Canada and Australia.

How is the state of the ADF right now? The CF from what I've been hearing is going down the shitter. Trying to decide on which to join.

Tbh really just want to go SF in the future, not too sure on the specifics, still got like 2 more years before I think about starting the application process.
>>
Recently did some training with a SF group here in the states. You get a variety of body types. One guy said that his max bench was at 400 at one point... regardless all of them could make it up the side of a mountain like a fucking gazelle... even the older more senior guys with graying hair.
>>
>>35301143

Don't bash 160th, those guys are super fucking good at what they do.

Psyops on the other hand........
>"special forces"
>>
>>35301074
As someone who failed out of a spec ops job, I agree. It all boils down to how bad you want it.
>>
>>35301001
US Army Reserves here. I'm gonna try to go SF when i'm O-2 O-3 promotable. I realize it'll be hard as hell becoming and then being an 18A, but a life without challenge is no life at all.
>>
>>35301672
story?
>>
>>35301693
not op but are you a 2nd LT?
>>
>>35301457
>>35301586

Only a few guys in 160th are pilots, the rest are mechanics, fuelers, that shit. Those are the cunts that go home and tell their families they are "special forces." Those are the cunts that didn't do shit in black hawk down.

I once had a man from 160th's wife tell me her husband was in Special Forces. Naturally, that peaked my interest. I later met him and he was a fucking crew chief.

I was once working with another man's wife. He was also from 160th and she too told me her husband was 160th, earnestly believing it. He worked in fucking human resources. He woulda been fucking slayin' skinnies
>>
>>35301725
I am. Currently combat support, but I've heard all sorts of stories of guys re-classing from combat support to combat arms.
>>
>>35301761

told me her husband was Special Forces, sorry
>>
>>35301766

SF is only active duty and national guard. Not reserves
>>
>>35301103
PSYOPS? You mean the cunts who hand out fliers and yell in poorly translated (insert lingua here) into megaphones and speakers on humvee's?
>>
>>35301792
Yes I know. Lateral transfers from the Reserves to the Guard are really easy.
>>
>>35301074
>that means you don't feel you are capable in your current state
I'm an 18 year old high school student in the USMC DEP. I am 5'11, 165lbs, and flabby as fuck. I sure as hell am not prepared for even boot camp, let alone Recon training.
>>
>>35301766
how is the officer world?

Im a pfc in the active army and im thinking about about doing green to gold and transferring to the reserves when my contract is up
>>
>>35301263
This is bullshit because 1. This is 4Chan, jesus, and 2. Your run time is shit. Half the fucking fatass shitbags who work at my hospital can beat that time. Are you on a fucking walking profile?
>>
I'm >>35301806 and I'm in DEP, but I don't ship off until September 19, so I have plenty of time to prepare.
>>
>>35301812
It is a fucking million times better. I've never been enlisted but it is so goddamn awesome how polite and nice everyone is to you all the time. Just be polite to your NCOs and 70% of your work gets done for you. Do green-to-gold, get an education in something practical and make shitloads of money while doing your Army thing once a month. Life is cash.
>>
I'm working towards it.

8 years pog army soldier. I feel like i can offer more, so I'm working towards it. If i fail then whatever, try again and again until I'm broken. Free early retirement.

Look up stew smith, you will be pushed.
>>
>>35301831
shittttttt

out 2lt's are dumbasses but everyone respects them and theyre chill af. Whats your MOS?
>>
>>35301831

How does it feel though to have people only sucking up to you because they have to, not because they actually respect you or value you as a leader?
>>
>>35301868
I'm the USMC DEP guy and no matter what job I get, I won't quit until I make Recon and eventually MARSOC.
>>
>>35301871
I'm a 25A. Signal Corps Officer. Yes, I know. There are a LOT of really dumb Lieutenants. I'm not one of them. At least I don't think so.
>>35301874
Feels pretty great, actually. It's OK to be mad that our lives don't suck while yours does.
In all honesty, if you've hated your officers, they're just bad. I'm sorry that that was your experience, but as far as i've seen, when officers are good, we can make everything great.
>>
>>35301916
signal? you poor thing. the 25 series in my unit works like slaves

Im 74D right now and I dont want to be a 74A so im trying to reclass
>>
>>35301916
What position do you hold right now? What type of unit.

Sig Bn
Esb
Strat?
>>
>>35301813
>this is b8
Anon you're on /fit/
I hardly believe you can even run a mile at all.
Let alone 2 or 5.
>>
>>35301946
Gonna be an S-6 when I get to my actual unit. Been doing RST with an EN company for a bit, just doing small things here and there. Haven't actually gone to my Branch School yet, going in a few weeks.
>>
>>35301970
Ah alright, idk if you'll actually work an S6 for a while, the one i was in was a captain position. Be prepared to work as a PL for a bit. It's not too bad. You have a ton of control, which is a gift and a curse.

Signal sucks the life out of you as 60% of your crew will be lazy and nearly untrainable. You will lean on your subject matter experts a whole lot.
>>
>>35301997
Shit. I hope that's not the case for me.
>>35301945
74 Series, huh? In the Officer world, 74A is kinda seen as the fate worse than death.
>>
>>35302020
CBRN is the redheaded stepchild of the army

well only if you're in a non chemical company
>>
>>35301916
> It's OK to be mad that our lives don't suck while yours does.
In all honesty, if you've hated your officers, they're just bad. I'm sorry that that was your experience

I'm not in the military. I'm working on my masters in oceanography. I was just genuinely curious. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be making double your income, so I won't exactly be having a sucky life. However, that snug response leads me to believe you probably aren't one of those good officers that make everything great.
>>
>>35302046
...you mean the smug obviously joking response? I'd never look down on my soldiers for having harder lives than mine. You're on 4chan, dude. You're supposed to reply to insults with insults.
>>
Alright, here's a question: How does a USAF officer actually ever get to do anything cool? Because it seems like they don't unless pilot
>>
>>35302148
I think some of their IT jobs and Cybersecurity stuff is pretty cool. I'd check that out. Also I think they have a Missile defense branch like the Army's Air Defense Artillery.
>>
>>35302163
Thanks. So their "special tactics officers" actually don't do much that's interesting, then? Or much JSOC-related?
>>
>>35302243
The JTAC guys were pretty cool, not sure how that plays out in the airforce though, they do mission control for the army afaik
>>
>those couple times when my platoon was QRF for Special Forces guys but we didn't have to roll out

I was thinking..there are probably dudes who had an experience like that and brag about "working with SF" arent there?
>>
>>35302367
Yeah. In my limited experience in the Army, everyone LOVES to talk about that one time they glimpsed a guy wearing a green beret. I had 3 SF guys (2 officers, 1 E-7) in my ROTC Cadre and I still brag about it all the time.
>mfw i'm part of the problem.
>>
>>35302046
>In all honesty, if you've hated your officers, they're just bad. I'm sorry that that was your experience
This 100%
My first commander let us go every single day after training was over (like 2pm).
Every Friday we played football until lunch time and usually got off early.
We still got every bit of our work done.

My 1st LT was a metal head, played in a band.
We didn't get to hang out or anything, but we talked music and he wasn't horrible.
I had zero issues with most my command.

You have good leaders and bad ones, just like friends/girlfriends/bosses/teachers/insertanypersonever
>>
>>35302380
On my fob we had a pretty robust gym and the guys on the sf compound down the road would come and use our gym.

I only have 2 things i remember

>guy with massive beard on the bench
>loads up 3 plates
>casually reps it while doing flutter kicks

>different khaki polo beard in gym using the mats
>teaching a move where you rear mount a guy with a horse collar and your feet on his lower back

They were pretty neat, but totally ripped and intimidating.
>>
>>35301001
Oi OP, dunno if you're still here. But as an example of the sort of shit you'll need to do: check Youtube for a series called 'Ultimate Hell Week". Its basically where they grab some ex-SF operators and a bunch of top-level amateur athletes, and run them through various selection exercises. It's simulated for TV of course. but you can see a heap of examples of the stuff that you need to be capable of coping with, and that could help you build some routines or programs that will help you.
>>
>>35301471
>Core

No, you're not.
>>
One question, i want to go recon, I'm training really hard right now, runnin like a fucktard, doing a shit ton of bodyweight stuff and also a lot of deadlifts and squats, but i have some lowerback pain that i wanted to know if its normal, like when i lay down i feel some pain in the lower back, like it's decompressing and the pain starts to dissipate and goes away within 30 sec max... I just wanted to know if it's normal cause when i stretch my hip flexors this doesn't happen.
>>
>>35302662
How's your running form? And your squat/deadlift form? if in those you're using your lower back too much because your form is off, or you need to compensate for weakness in other areas so you use your back too much, that can lead to soreness there.
>>
>>35302662
It's not normal, record yourself doing squats and deadlifts and then compare it to someone on YouTube
>>
>>35302431
This is pretty accurate.

>SF is back from their rotation while at Bagram's SpecOp camp
>All twenty of them are in the gym
>Just doing my fucking workout
>Look around i'm the only guy in the gym besides them right now
>Everyone is doing the most intense workouts ever
>Dude in the squat next to me doing somewhere around 700 or more
>look down i'm at 400
>his leg somehow from my perspective looks as thick as my entire waist.
>feels bad

Other crazy things, like the one dude curling insane weights with the speed and precision you see those cardio bunnies use with the 5-10lbs
>>
>>35302690
>>35302698
I actually had an ex-wrestler comment on my form and he said it was pretty good so idk, should i just stop deadlifting and squatting?
>>
>>35302728
Do you think they were geared? We always suspected but couldn't tell
>>
>>35302737
Hey if your form is good, or at least, your technique is good, then it might not be the issue: that was just the first thing that sprang to mind. How about your running? are you really tight or are you loose through the upper body? Do you rotate easily? Do you strike heavily with a heel strike or a softer forefoot/midfoot strike? Are you really tight and weak in the lower back from sitting down too much? These can also contribute to the discomfort. if you aren't doing any mobility or stretching in general, I'd add that in too.
>>
>>35301074
> This.

One of the tec-divers I was doing a dive with once was former British SAS in the mid-late 90's.
Basically he said determination was one thing, but it wasn't something you couldn't really train for, it was rooted in character.

Its the kinds of people who would take on challenges for the sake of a challenge, sort of gluttons for punishment being out in the elements when they were younger, people who tended to embrace challenges and were very self reliant and valued competence.

Otherwise a bubbly, yet quiet guy, would never had guessed he was formerly SF. Enjoys the outdoors immensely.
>>
>>35302823
I don't see why you can't train for it though. Yes you need testicular fortitude. They said that about basic training. I can tell you that the people who prepared did better than me who decided to just try and join. My first pt test i scored 12 points total. My final basic pt test i got 178. I wish i had prepared more.
>>
>>35302768
I do sit down a LOT, and I've been correcting my running form since i got interest in the military, slightly leaning forward, not bending the leg too much to not put strain on the knees although i might be a bit tight yes, i used to strike with the heel but now that i lean a bit forward i have a more midfoot strike which is better... And i dont stretch every day, just like every other day. Im not that worried cause i used to have this pain even before deadlifting, just from regular bodyweight stuff (i used to do BIG routines on calithenics only, now i mix them with weights). I do think its the stretching idk, another think that i get pain is if i pick up sth heavy in a bending shitty unnatural position, if i pick sth heavy using good form it does not hurt.
>>
You can't will yourself to do 42 perfect push ups. You can't will power yourself up the rope climb
>>
>>35302873
If you sit a lot, probably have really tight hip flexors, and weak/inactive glutes which can help add stress to the lower back. I'd be doing some stretches and mobility for the quads/flexors and some basic exercises to help get the glutes back up to speed.

Your running sounds decent, just remember that striking with your foot basically under your body, and using the glutes to drive yourself forwards is the most efficient: check usain bolt running in slow-motion to get a visual idea.

Conscience of form is definitely important: if you can try and get that as a habit, that would help a lot.
>>
>>35301074
>put gun to a fat 40 something year old who hasn't hit the gym in his life
>threaten to shoot him in the head if he doesn't do 20 perfect formed pull ups

Yeah trust me it's not ganna happen, even if his life is on the line. You need both physically fitness and mental toughness.
>>
File: laff.gif (835 KB, 126x300) Image search: [Google]
laff.gif
835 KB, 126x300
>>35301003
>>
I thought about doing something like SEALs, I love to set mountainous goals and just make them happen

but then i read a few books on it and i wasnt interested in all the ridiculous hazing and shit like 'having the whole team choke you out to blackout, let you wake up and repeat over and over just for fun cuz youre the new guy' so it turned me off. call me a pussy i guess but risking brain damage and permanent fucked-upedness for your entertainment is not my cup of tea. I'd do it all day long for a good cause, but cuz youre bored on the van ride out is not a good cause.
>>
>>35302992
memes

plus if you're not willing to put up with shit like that probably isn't for you
>>
>>35303009
I put seals and rangers on the same ratio of intelligence to vigor. Just join one that isn't so... crazy.
>>
>>35303009
>plus if you're not willing to put up with shit
i dont trust people that dont have my best interest in mind.

ill put up with any torturous/difficult task or tribulation you throw at me, but when some fag is drunk and just wants to fuck around and put my health at risk for entertainments sake, nah im good.

what makes you say thats a meme?
>>
>>35302944
I'm aware of that i used to be a bad runner i used to put my leg in front of my body and strike with my heels which would put a shit ton of strain in my feet, since i watched some marathon pro runners i try to always copy the form every time i run and i notice a lot less stress in the shins and feet. I think it is tight hip flexors yeah need fucking stretching a lot. You know this is fucking boring i already stretch for like 15 min every other day for a strained muscle that i got fucked this summer in my back, and i stretch the shoulder blades cause i would get tendonitis if not, cause they used to be too much up and forward.... Now adding more stretches for the lower back, AND my leg stretches its some good 30 40 min of stretching......... Btw what can i do for glutes? And is it dangerous that i have this tight? Im seeking basicly a pro athlete kind of career right now (spec ops in the military) and im gonna put a fuck ton of strain on legs and lower back in marches and runs
>>
>>35303066
Sorry for the shitty writing im on mobile
>>
>>35303057
If you ever do make SF your teammates are the guys you can bet your life on. Like if the idea of getting hazed is something that makes you not want to do it, you're not the person they're looking for. Literally the most dangerous job in the world lol
>>
File: 6effad_5732645.jpg (466 KB, 1964x1200) Image search: [Google]
6effad_5732645.jpg
466 KB, 1964x1200
I'm currently training for the SEAL PSTs and trying to snag a SEAL contract. The only thing fucking me is the swim.

My workouts generally revolve around pull ups, dips, push ups, sit ups, and basic cardio. I swim when I can because I work long job hours. My 500yd swim is 12:11

Any tips on swimming? Do I need to keep doing it just to be faster?
>>
>>35303095
Honestly try getting lessons, if your cardio is good enough to even think about seals, and you can't make the time, it's shit technique.
>>
>>35303095
Honestly go find a good coach, that's your best bet. Try to see if there's a competitive swimming team near you, university or colleges should have one. Explain your situation to the coach and he'll give you good advice.
>>
>>35303095
Join a masters class
"master" doesn't mean you have mastered swimming, it's just a swim group for moderate to advanced adults
>>
>>35303093
*shrug*

i guess.

i just figure if you want to trust me with your life, I should be at maximal ability and health, and to do anything to lessen that is fuckin dumb. same goes for the next new guy... i'm not going to risk fucking his shit up because i might need him to save my ass one day, and that fucking around before could be the difference between him saving me or not. maybe my logic is flawed, i dunno.
>>
>>35303093
This is accurate.
Most of SF training is hazing.
Between SERE
Months of field training
Days of starvation and forced to do bitch work.
Most your training is a haze, except you're also expected to excel.

How else do you train the perfect man for every shit scenario?
>put him in every shit scenario.
>>
>>35303124
Dude, you seriously need to chill the fuck out. Such a cry baby you are, you know most guys black out swimming underwater for 50 meters seal test, hell some guys even black out on 25 underwater meters for recon... You saying that shit basicly implies that "uh nah nah i won't do that, i could but im not gonna do it now cause i need to be at my max for when the day comes". Grow a fuckin pair of balls and stfu, with that attitude don't even enlist
>>
File: 1449559211034.gif (7 KB, 217x216) Image search: [Google]
1449559211034.gif
7 KB, 217x216
>>35303111
>>35303116
>>35303121
I figured it was form. I mainly swim sidestroke. I'll look into practicing technique more and seeing if there are any coaches in my area.

It's funny, it blew me away how this one fat body dude trying out was getting 9:00 swim times. I mean, he fucked up his run, push up, sit up, pull up, life, etc, but still god damn I want some of that swim technique
>>
>>35303095
Check your swimming form. If you're messing with your breathing or your rotations, or dropping your legs, you're gonna be expending more energy and using more oxygen than necessary. You'll fatigue faster and slow down. If you don't already, exhale when your face is in the water. Increase your mileage. If you've got a better mileage, your shorter distances generally improve, just like running. If you really want some extra speed, do a speed-day every now and again if you can, just bolt out the fastest few laps (shorter mileage) that you can, rest until fully recovered, repeat. But otherwise, technique and increased mileage will be the biggest things.

>>35303066
Stretching that long seems to be a bit inefficient, and with some of those areas I'd be working on strengthening not stretching. For example, overly stretching shoulders that are forward can make them loose and actually promote injury. same with overly flexible backs. What you want to is stretch what is tight, and strengthen what is weak.

As for glutes, here's some stuff from Bret Contreras, generally considered to be THE glute guy:http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-fix-glute-imbalances/

Things like glute-ham raises, deep squats, and single-leg squats are all great for glutes too.
>>
File: bestofthebest.jpg (498 KB, 798x842) Image search: [Google]
bestofthebest.jpg
498 KB, 798x842
>used to race a few races on the Ironman circuit
>always a few SEALs, Pararescue, etc. at the big races
>they finish behind 50 year old women every time
No mystery to me why our last few conflicts have gone so poorly, we need some actual standards and proper methods to train our soldiers, whatever they are doing now isn't working.
>>
>>35302739
Anon I honestly don't know, but I suspect not.
A lot of my friends had tabs, I ate thanksgiving dinner with one and his family.
However I seriously doubt it.
Maybe living like a caveman does this to the male?
literally all they do is eat, workout, train.
they don't spend a lot of time at home and when they are there they fuck.
just fuck none stop.
repeat.
Add in hormone release from high stress boosting testosterone(note this is different than depression stress, that shows decrease in testosterone).
I mean I'm pretty fit.
I can run for days, I can lift a decent amount.
I'm not a lifter though, more mobility, mountain climbing etc.
I can run about 4 miles with full combat and either a downed partner or his gear(not both).
These guys could grab both, have the 240, be eating a snack, and running the entire way.
It is entirely possible they fraud.
>>
>>35303163
You can improve a ton from getting some coaching, I'm a swim coach and I can look at someone swim a lap, give them a set of drills to work on for a week, and they will improve more than the people that just come every day and bang out laps mindlessly for a year. It's really easy to pick up bad habits with swimming and it's nearly impossible to identify what you are doing wrong yourself, need someone to look at your stroke.
>>
>>35303181
Sounds pretty glorious tbqh
>>
>>35303181
Me one day...

But for now I'm poor as fuck and not getting enough calories, tuition is too damn expensive

One day.
>>
>>35303193
Yes it does and that's the difference.
There is /fit/s version of making it.
There is my version of making it.
Being a man surviving on my own against all odds and doing insane shit like this is my version of making it.
Have no interest in fitness for looks, it is a plus though.
>>
>>35303204
Except that one guy, I've never seen an unattractive sf guy
>>
>>35303166
Alright thanks for the tips man
>>
>>35301244
Heyyyy me too, it just so happens the /k/ my home board, here ya go in
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
>>
>>35301806
See you here then bro
>>
>>35303154
>Dude, you seriously need to chill the fuck out. Such a cry baby you are
lol um... you clearly misunderstand the tone of my post.

generally a casual *shrug* doesnt imply someone who isnt chill already. i thought that was common knowledge.

and, a 50 meter swim test is necessary to prove you can do what needs to be done. dangerous hazing isnt necessary and you can actually get permanently fucked up from that for no good reason.

its the same thing like college frat hazing "dude bro we need to know youre 100% committed bro so slam this 5th of vodka and then put on skiing gear and sit in the sauna for hours" and then the kid dies. ok not the same thing but you get the point. there are other, more productive non-fuck-you-up forever ways to prove yourself.

just seems like a lot of people have stories of unnecessarily risky shenanigans. maybe ive just read all the wrong books, i dunno.
>>
>>35303214
no worries, this could be great for your hips and flexors too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9qbvAN3gQ
>>
>>35303240
Im gonna be super nice now, if you're not up for that kind of hazing, dont even enlist, just think about when youre in a combat zone, and dont come with that crap "oh its different its necessary there" no its nkt dofferent, if you cant take a fucking slap to the face or some pepper spray down your throat and eyes, then how will youndeal when youre surrounded by fucking hadjis trying to kill you and your friends, and then youre shot, ehat happens, you VERY LIKELY stary freaking out, cause you cant even put up with a bit of stupid hazing
>>
>>35303176
>world championship
>amateur
Pick one. Also, Goggins is 240 pounds and mostly does ultramarathons.
>>
>>35303209
I have lol.
Want to know an inside secret?
>SF literally picks people sometimes purely on their looks of pushing the "SF" image.
Don't get me wrong, these guys are legit, but there might of been someone in the group who was more legit.
They pick these people for their pictures, for the camera, because these particular Anons are golden haired gods in comparison to the average soldier. Tall, handsome, buff, beefy, great beards, great hair, everymansman, highschool quarterback guy, etc.
Whichever particular look they want to sell, they will find a guy like that.
Believe me there are some ugly fucking SF guys, but they are usually terrifying to 3rd worlders.
If a guy looks to feminine, is too short, or too tall and lanky. He might not get on simply because he doesn't have an aura of "I'm a fucking man and I will kill you".
>>
>>35303280
>world championship
>amateur
>Pick one

I pick both because 90% of the field is amateur, the pros have their own category with a separate qualification system and results. Goggins and other SEALs actually did not even qualify for the event, they let SEALs in as a PR move. Those women are not professional athletes.

>Goggins...
Not interested in excuses, he got outran, outbiked, and outswam by 50 year old women, as do many other SEALs and SF in these events.
>>
>>35303264
lol slap my shit around, pepper spray me in the face all day long, its not gonna hurt me permanently.

choke me out by depriving my brain of oxygen repeatedly for an hour or two for funzies, thats not cool brah.

my problem is that these guys dont seem to know the difference.

im not trying to be argumentative, im just saying.
>>
>>35303284
Really? Like even if these guys are killing it during selection
>>
>>35303308
Im tired, i cant continue this shit, be the pussy you want to be
>>
>>35303284
Ah fuck dont tell me this plz.... FUCK, im short git an average face, but i still look young idk not too much of a man ppl often give 2 years less than what i am. Im 5'7 ffs are they really like that selecting guys, btw i want to go recon to later marsoc (extremely fucking difficult i am aware)
>>
File: 1408567822758.gif (551 KB, 245x220) Image search: [Google]
1408567822758.gif
551 KB, 245x220
>>35303318
>be a pussy cuz i dont want to sustain permanent damage for someone's entertainment.
sorry mr. kyle i guess im a pussy
>>
>>35302643
Well I am.. corpse is pronounced core anyway. I am not french sir
>>
>>35302859
Oh, I was referring character-wise.

He was saying that a lot of the passing applicants were naturally determined characters.
>>
>>35303353
Corps*. Corpse is a different meaning again, just fyi.
>>
>>35303312
Yep
You gotta remember, perception is reality.
Picture this if you will.
>you are a 5'6'' 120lb Afghan Teenager, wanting to talk shit to the strange Americans
>A god damn 6'4'' 210lb bear of a man with the most glorious manly beard (beards are a sign of being a man in every country but 1st world countries apparently) you have ever fucking seen.
or
>same scenario for afghan
>5'11'' 200lb american, with big glorious beard, and he is twice the width of you, and has a crazy fucking facial scar, and eyes that burn like fire.
Even though in scenario 2 the SF guy is a manlet, when he went through selection he had a look.
He had something that made the trainers know he meant fucking business.
He might not have been the ideal male as far as height, but one look into those bright blue sociopathetic eyes and they knew.

Scenario ones male is the one they use for the pictures.
Scenario twos male is the one they never show, but is just as effective.

>>35303334
Sorry m8, I have a baby face, even though my beard is probably better than any SF dudes beard.
When they see me day 1 shaved and ready to go.
They will already be taking notes that I don't look threatening.
Hopefully it will change when I have a months beard growth and I can prove to them I have what it takes.
>>
File: devgru3.jpg (351 KB, 800x661) Image search: [Google]
devgru3.jpg
351 KB, 800x661
>>35303408
If your beard doesn't grow back in less than an hour you aren't going to make it bro
>>
>>35303408
>falling for the 5'11 manlet meme
M8 im 5'7 i know im short im fucking aware of that, but, you know what i hear from seal instructors, they prefer short compact agile guys, they even day the perfect seal would be 5'10 170 lbs around that, they have seals as low as 5'4, yes 5'4.
And i read somewhere that one of the guys from sas (cadre i think) said the perfect operators are.between 5'7 and 5'10... I smell a lot of bullshit in you 4 chan manlet meme
>>
>>35303454
You don't get dropped first day.
My chances are pretty good.
Since everyone comes in shaved and clean(some people try to cheat and come in with stubble to try and get pre growth) because every Army pre-training requires Army standards you have to be shaved going in. You can be dropped in a heartbeat for this.

If I shave at 5AM. It will look like I didn't shave at all by 11AM. My stubble is thick as hell.
By the end of the week I'd have the start of a beard where others would still just be getting past stubble.

If I make it to the end of training I'd have a full beard where theirs would just be getting started.
Where most men only grow a quarter or half an inch of facial hair a month, I probably am on the 3/4 or full inch.
>>
>>35301103
4th batts are all indecisive fucks that can't decide on an op tempo, purpose, or MTOE.
>>
>>35303486
Srsly dude idk where u get ur facts from, but get your mentality straight, youre feeding bullshit to actual interested ppl, those details about beard like wtf, youre probably gonna be dropped out for being a fucking homo and caring this much about your appearence (no joke if they find out youre a homo youre done kid).
Just be competent, be low profile, dont stick out, dont try to be the "man" in the group cause that WILL fuck u up, u want the least amount of attention on you as possible, the rest is performing well on the tasks that are asked of you, and having a no quit mentality always in your holster ready to draw
>>
>>35303486
>caring this much about looks
They gonna drop u out first night cause youre gonna be getting butt fucked by the guy sharing the bed with u kiddo
>>
File: Bechorg Workout.png (152 KB, 1862x907) Image search: [Google]
Bechorg Workout.png
152 KB, 1862x907
Workout plan from an actual SF member if anyone cares

The guy that said "dont work out just see if you're ready" is a retard. If you fail to prepare prepare to fail.
>>
>>35301471
>>35303353
>>35303370
Why am I not surprised that a future grunt can not spell or understand which corps he is in.

That shit about "People who come first have no heart" is just to keep the plebs smiling and happy about being shit, how the fuck do you think people run first place?

By not training and having the dedication to perform above and beyond everyone else?

Yet these same people magically give up as soon as "the going gets tough"?

Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>35303565
I'm happy my plan pretty much already matches this.

Literally SS + rucking + running
>>
>>35303565
Terrible workout, it's no wonder stuff like
>>35303176
happens

Maybe they should stop wasting time talking about how tough they are and pepper spraying their eyes and look into proper training
>>
>>35303460
>5'10''
>170lbs
No...
You've been lied to or you've never talked to a cadre/blackhat/instructor
170lbs is horribly underweight for people expected to lift at any given point a hundred pounds or more of gear and march for miles.
You'd never make it.

>>35303524
>>35303539
>believing they don't care about looks
These guys are never gonna make it.
There have been people that out qualify you every step of the way that have been dropped because of how they look.
You'll find out when you grow some balls and go for select.

>>35303524
>you're done kid
You're probably younger than I am and have less military experience, odds are you've never been to Ft. Bragg or any of the other USASOC training bases.
You're probably not Airborne.
You're probably not in the Army at all.

You have zero knowledge of any of this.
If otherwise feel free to show your current ERB.
I'll even give you time to anonymize your information, but it needs to show the current month.
If not shut your faggot mouth leg.
You get past selection by sticking out, not by being a follower. They don't want another automaton. They want a long tab.
>>
>>35303595

you going 18x? If so know that a 260-270 PT score is like a 60% chance of getting selected, and 280-290+ is 75-80%.
>>
>>35303600
Man, i dont even care about the shit u say, im going for recon already applied, but youre the one who has been deceived. I talked to a considerable ammount of ppl telling me one of the best things to do in selection is, pass at every event with good fucking scores, lay low...
The ammount of effort u spent explaining a guy about how your beard will grow how much by x time and that u will have an inch by x time just told me youre setting yourself up for success, who the fuck cares that much if your beard grew an inch or nothing at all, just do yourself a favor and dont even go
>>
File: RAAF CCT.jpg (122 KB, 650x1000) Image search: [Google]
RAAF CCT.jpg
122 KB, 650x1000
>>35301074
>If you feel you need to train, that means you don't feel you are capable in your current state, meaning you feel inadequate, meaning your chance of making it is slim.
>Special operations selections are 90% mental strength and will power.

16yo faggot detected. As a current serving member I can say that 90% of guys who fail are the ones who DONT prepare. Selection in the old days was all based around military activites like running, marching, push ups etc. Now its not. I know here in Australia theyve had the fitness scientists come out and helped design the current selection courses and preparation courses. You need to be a near athlete before you go SF. And they encourage you to train by doing the selection. IE if you know your going to go 3 days without food or sleep then actually go and do the tests under that level of duress.

You need strength, endurance, the highest peak level cardio you can reach. Even then youll struggle. You also need to train and adapt to the environment. If you do selection in summer theyll push up all through the day to the point where guys get heat stroke. In winter you can bet youll be up all night in the rain doing 2 hours of cadence push ups.

You will not make it otherwise.

Cheers.
>>
>tfw enlisted in the guard because school
>tfw after BCT/AIT wanted to take Range/Airborne>SF career path
>tfw can't because guard
>tfw can't even get Air Assault/Airborne because state is broke
>tfw cant get slots because unit is vertical engineer company(plumbers/electricians/masons)
>tfw can't change MOS to infantry cause the unit won't let you
>tfw getting 300 APFT score but can't get combat related schools/mos
>tfw so much potential wasted
>tfw can't transfer to active duty because budget cuts.
>tfw been in guard for 5 years and dreams and hopes of being in combat is fading

There is SF in the guard in MD but I'm not willing to relocate. Does /fit/ have the same dilemma? There's not much freedom in the guard in terms of what you want to do, so if you want to go combat and all out I suggest just go active duty.
>>
>>35303646
Also forgot to mention that you also need to to be ace at nav, weapons, comms, medicine which you will be tested on again all under physical and mental fatigue. So if you cant pass a 9 liner without a viewy tooey when youve been running for 72 hours then forget it.
>>
>>35303646
Can you actually tell me how much about height and looks they care, in sof in general?
>>
>>35303637
>im going for recon already applied
And you're going to fail like a little bitch.
Talk shit and can't back it up, what a pussy.

>>35303646
Can you bring up again the lack of sleep and food for these niggers.
It's such an important factor that no one brings up.
>lol i'm just going to workout and i'll be super strong and nothing bad will happen.
Seriously, eating ants in the summertime for your protein.
I don't think most of /fit/ would ever make it, two days in without food and most would lose their energy reserves because they never trained starvation mode.
>>
>>35303673
That's an American poster talking about that, maybe it works differently in America due to its size but in Australia I'd be real surprised if that was a factor at all.

At the end of the day they want you to pull the most unbelievable things out of your arse in the shittiest of conditions with the least support possible.

I think it just happens that all the alpha male blueprints eventually apply for selection and it gives off that appearance/aura.
>>
>>35303711
Yeah that fucking faggot is posting stupid shit like how much his beard will grow in x amount of time... Im like .___.
>>
>>35303691
See you in some time then kiddo... Fuckin army always needing the marines to save their asses
>>
Height, weight, looks etc do not matter.

I've been to a SFQC graduation and they have people from age 20-35, I knew a guy there who must've been at most 5'7". He was really strong and a good athlete so he did really well. There were also some pretty skinny guys.

Anyone telling you that looks matter or that you can be dropped because the cadre do not like your face is making it up.

If you don't have the common sense to realize that yourself then
>>
>>35303747
I can't imagine someone 5'7" making it through team week. The guy must have been a monster
>>
>>35303747
Damnit, yeah im letting my head heat up by unnecessary arguments (shouldnt do that if i want to go sof). Thanks for bringing me down to earth again m8, but that faggot talking about looks and bear growth *giggles* pissed me off so much. I normally only discuss stuff like this on /k/ on the enlistment threads (actually mature ppl there), im 5'7, kinda used to being short so sometimes i do have the doubt if my height will hinder me or completly knock me off for being short...
>>
>>35303647
>transfer to different unit
>reclass/go active

Simple
>>
>>35303647
Also, can you get sapper school?
Do that shit if can.
>>
>>35303745
>wannabe marine talking shit about the Army

Lol why is it always the dep kids?
>>
>>35303803
>>35303747
Read this post and stfu u drag queen, go put your fancy make up for selection, maybe the cadres will put u in a team to get butt fucked and choked by the members for the test boost
>>
>>35303795
We are a vertical unit. We don't do combat eng stuff we do the opposite. We build shit its basically construction.
>>
>>35303788
Easier said than done man. Not a lot of people do shit for you unless you know somebody in the guard. Even in the lower ranks it takes a while to get something processed.
>>
>>35303812
Lol what kid? I'm not that guy.
I'm a veteran who fought in Iraq and you're talking shit about soldiers.

There weren't even marines in the areas we operated in and the only time I saw one was at the FOB outside ramadi.
>>
>>35303844
>criticizes me for talking shit about combat veterans
>proceeds to talk shit about combat veterans from another branch
This is how I know you're not even in the military, faggot
>>
>>35303841
It's worth a try m8, and if they drag their feet too long just ets and reenlist active.
>>
>>35303855
You said
>Fuckin army always needing the marines to save their asses

I said I didn't see any in our area of operations and the only time I saw one was at a FOB way out away from us(we were at mahmudiya, they were at the FOB outside ramadi), implying we never needed them "to save our asses".

How exactly is that talking shit? Are you drunk or something kid?
>>
>>35303893
>getting this mad on 4chan
>getting this mad at all for a combat veteran
Seth keeps telling me you're just bullfighting m8, but yeah pog, tell everyone how you were fast roping outta choppas kicking in doors and shooting bin Laden's at every corner
>>
>>35303926
I'm not mad at all and who's Seth lol?
>>
Possible to go from skinnyfat to "athlete mode" for SF if you're still in early 20s? Assuming the mindset is there of course.
>>
>>35303944
*sigh* I'm just too tired for shitposting on 4chan right now... I'll just go sleep I have but workout plan coming up in preparation for the big shit, thank you for your service, hopefully we'll serve side by side
>>
>>35303944
Also
>bullshitting about where the marines were stationed during my deployment and how often I saw a marine

Lol I didn't say anything bad about them or anything to make me seem bad ass.
>>
>>35303987
Also can u not buckshot me on this, will being 5'7 hinder my chances from going recon and later marsoc,merely by looks?
>>
>>35304001
>>35303987
Bullshit not buckshot... Fucking auto correct
>>
>>35303981
Ok m8, I really wasn't lying or insulting the branch you want to enlist in, sorry if it seemed that way.

Good luck enlisting, once you finish training and get to your duty station NEVER FUCKING EVER fuck around with girls near the post.

If you deploy, when you see something suspicious TELL SOMEONE AND NEVER GO TOWARDS IT.
>>
>>35304015
Np m8, this is 4chan I was just Fucking around, hope u didn't get mad bro.
Thanks for the advice though, stay frosty
>>
>>35304001
Fuck no man, most dudes in the military seem to be manlets. Most of the Rangers I met were around 5'6" to 5'10". When I was deployed my platoon was QRF(quick reaction force) for some SF guys and the tallest one I met was only 5'10.

Lol and we did not do any missions with them, they didn't need QRF for support.
So the few that would have rolled out with us hung out in the motorpool and smoked/drank rip-it and we hung in the platoon building and smoked/drank rip-it.
>>
>>35304070
Possibly due to effects of carrying absurd loads on posture and spinal compression?
>>
>>35304070
Alright, that confirms what I thought about sof, I was kinda doubting it cause there was a dude up there all stressed out about how good he looked for sf and saying short dudes never make it... I thought I smelled bullshit.
Thanks for the input once again m8
>>
>>35304110
>>35304070
So being a man let does have an advantage due to that? Damon who would have thought, I guess they actually learn in sof
>>
>>35304110
Nah there's just a ton of short/average dudes in the military since there's a ton of short/average dudes in America.

There's also not much benefit to being tall in the Army/Marines, its harder to move yourself around, you need more food and water, and you're a bigger target. Trying to fit in an armored vehicle when you're tall is fucking arduous too.

Shorter dudes might also be drawn to combat arms to prove themselves or some shit too lol
>>
Question to Navyfags

Recruiter once told me that if I get stationed on a ship, there'll always be a gym. Is this true?
>>
>>35304184
>>/k/meg/
>>
>>35303967
p-pls s-senpai
>>
>>35301176
Physical fitness is important but you can't g2 selection.

I mean you have to be in shape enough to pass the gates because they are go/no go events

So you need to be able to run 8 minutes miles for around probably up to 8 miles and manage 15 minute miles for your ruck marches. You need to be able to do that Shit even when you're broke off as fuck.

After the gates though it's pretty much all mental, the worst physical aspect will probably be dealing with your feet getting chewed up to shit by ridiculously long movements in wet boots.

Really it comes down to not being a shitbag and staying positive when you're sucking
>>
>>35304340
Yes, very easily.
>>
Lol at all morons who actually want to join armed services. Seriously.

Disposable pawns in for-profit wars benefiting international financial elites. This is not even a wacky conspiracy theory, it is a complete fact and not even hidden.

You fell for the hero warship propaganda hook, line and sinker. Stay stupid and gullible, they need you like that.
>>
>>35304494
>implying you're not a disposable pawn where you work
>implying being in the military is dangerous
>implying posters on fucking 4chan join the military because of stupid patriotic bluepilled shit

It's cute how you think you're dropping some bombshell in this thread lol
>>
>>35304450
r-rly desu s-senpai
>>
>>35304658
Yes, but acting like an anime girl might be an obstacle
>>
>>35301001
What I can tell you about going into Special Operations is you need to be able to run and swim more than anything. Calisthenics will always go on no matter how many pullups and pushups you can do. I've seen dudes go in w/ max pushups of about 55 and dudes with maxes around 95. The main point of cals is time filler and weeding out those who can't find a happy place in their mind.

Running and swimming, however, are extremely exhausting and the cadre will give you a point to run to. You'll have no idea how far away it is or how long you have to get there. They say go, and if you don't show up in the allotted time, you're done. This, however, is usually at the mid-to-end of most courses, especially USAF STS (can't speak for Army). So many trainees drown or get hypoxic in the pool, which has washed out quite a few good dudes.

Strength training is good, but cardio is way more important. When you exit a training pipeline, THEN you can worry about putting on muscle mass. Until then, run, swim, and do at minimum 30 minutes of cals every other day.
>>
>>35303608
That percentage changes a lot depending on how bad they haze you at student company (SFAS holdover basically) and how many they get to quit there
>>
It's all endurance and actual fitness OP. You're weights should consist of 3 sets of whatever you can shift 20 times, all compound stuff. Circuits of body weight and sprints, Your running should be hitting 15 miles minimum a week, gradually increasing to 30, and there should be a minimum of 10 miles carrying 25kg+ Once a week, to increase in weight and distance over time.

Also git gud at land navigation.

Tbh, your not even in the military yet, try going grunt somewhere for a couple of years and get used to being cold and wet. Sf love cold and wet.
>>
Military is all about cardio.

I wouldnt even touch weights if i was training for special forces.
>>
>>35305199
This is incorrect.

In sfas, for example, you have to carry heavy shit for tens of miles. The load on your cns will make you quit if you don't lift heavy compounds.

Two of my buddies made it through sfas, both went to the sf recruiter for training tips, and both were told to ruck, run, and lift. That's all you need except heart and a good brain.
>>
>>35305653
Also heavy compounds are great injury prevention.
>>
>>35303565
>ps.com
Mah nigga

I've read that thread, was considering giving that routine a try. Have you been using it? How would you rate it? My biggest concern is recovery since that's a fuck ton of leg work.
>>
File: 1386890715209.jpg (266 KB, 412x700) Image search: [Google]
1386890715209.jpg
266 KB, 412x700
>people talking shit on manlets and ugly dudes to dissuade them for trying out for SOF
>>
>>35304768
Kek
>>
>>35301705
hint: he now has political asylum in Moscow, lol
>>
>>35303095
Fuck, I wanted to try out for SEAL, but my eyesight is too horrible to do that. I did sign on to be a Sonar Technician aboard a submarine, though, so that'll be fun.
>>
>>35304184
I was wondering the same thing, except Submarines instead.
>>
>>35303166
>For example, overly stretching shoulders that are forward can make them loose and actually promote injury. same with overly flexible backs. What you want to is stretch what is tight, and strengthen what is weak.

How to strengthen forward shoulders?
>>
>>35303318
He's probably a teenager, arguing with him is pointless. Also, he will probably cry like a child in your run of the mill bootcamp.
>>
>>35308238
Heard the big navy will pay for eye sugery, so maybe one day you could go to buds
>>
>>35308238
Why didn't you do a PRK laser op to fix eyesight?
>>
I don't want this thread to die without actually talking about training routines for SOF.

Calisthenics
Compound Lifting
Ruckmarching
Running

All mixed into the same program.

Monday: Lifting + Calisthenics + Interval Run
Tuesday: Speed Ruck (4 mile @ sub 15m pace)
Wednesday: Lifting + Calisthenics + 3 mile run for time
Thursday: Steady Ruck (6-12 mile @ 15m pace)
Friday: Lifting + Calisthenics
Saturday: 5 mile run at comfortable pace
Sunday: Pray to your god of gains
>>
>>35308490
No op, but thyy only do that if your vision is correctable to 20/25, you through buds and if you pass they do the surgery, he probably wasnt correctable to their standards
>>
>>35308533
Id also like to know about routines for operators, i know they are based of crossfit wods but have some differences, is there anyone willing to share some content from like military athlete or sth like that?
>>
>>35308646
Crossfit is just as controversial in the army as it is portrayed on here. I can't speak about the sof community, but it seems that the people who do crossfit regularly score much higher on their pt tests than those who don't.

I would say that you could replace the "Lifting + Calisthenics" with crossfit and save time. Essentially that's what crossfit is anyways.
>>
>>35308685
True, i just h8 those retard pullups on crossfit
>>
>>35308723
So don't do them retarded. I can't think of a person irl who actually advocates kipping except after you can't do normal pull ups.

I'm not a proponent of crossfit, but if you can safely mix HIIT, compound lifting, and calisthenics together, you'll save a lot of time. Time is valuable when prepping for this stuff.
>>
>>35308754
That's the thing right im doing 3 days lifting 2 calisthenics 3 of those i run (i know its not much), but im on 23+ pullups yes good form, 100+ crunches in 2 min, 85+ pushups in 2 min and 14:30min 2 miles, still trying to get the time down but i have about 4 months for it...thing is the calisthenics and lifting program isnt nrar as good as it should, its more bodybuilding then strength endurance
>>
>>35308889
Your numbers are great, as long as you have the mental fortitude and get some time under a ruck you'll do good.

Work on grip strength too if your haven't, it's very important.
>>
>>35308915
Yeah, the running is a bit shitty though but ill get there, haven't done rucks yet gota start, and i need to start swimming for recon too. On lifting plan besides being more bodybuild amd shit, i added more squatting and deadlifting for the strong foundation. Thanks formthe tips on grip though, didnt know that
>>
File: vdW6N0p.png (420 KB, 1305x5700) Image search: [Google]
vdW6N0p.png
420 KB, 1305x5700
Can't believe no one posted this yet
>>
>>35309791
I dont understand grom one.
>>
>>35309858
Everyone has an history behind it, i would guess its eiter because grom never were in encounters with hostages, or because they are trained badly in the aspect of not shooting and protecting hostages
>>
>>35302367
Nah only fags brag about the shit I'm support in group and I don't talk about it. But I'm in daily contact with long tabbers so I guess that's why.
>>
File: Hajonnut_taistelija.jpg (79 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Hajonnut_taistelija.jpg
79 KB, 480x640
>>35301001

Why there is in the picture some cuck-sweden instead of god-tier Finland?
>>
>>35309884
oh, so they like killed the terrorists and left hostages for themselves. kek.
>>
Finland is just the retarded cuck offspring of Swedish race-mixing either way.
>>
I wanna join the British army infantry , or Royal Engineers. Anyway my training is just a lot of running, compound lifts and calisthenetics.

I do 4 days lifting / calisthenetics and 3 days running because just got over a 5 month long break cos if ankle sprain.

When I was running all the time I could do 15ish pullups no problem but now I've not ran for a while and am just getting back into it I can't do as many . What should I do??

I can still run 3 days a week and somehow I've not lost that much running fitness , just get tired legs a lot sooner but I'm going back to a 10 min mile and a half really soon so another few weeks after I do ten min mile and a half 9:15-30 should be easy enough
>>
>>35309937
fug im sleepin :D:D
>>
File: Mortti.jpg (111 KB, 558x516) Image search: [Google]
Mortti.jpg
111 KB, 558x516
>>35310007
>>
>>35309993
Intervals

Lots of intervals
>>
File: 1288671215999.jpg (83 KB, 978x556) Image search: [Google]
1288671215999.jpg
83 KB, 978x556
>>35309937
>>35310041
>>
>>35301072
Here in france having a master's degree allows you to have a career job in the army.
>>
Marinejegerkommandoen 2017 MJK for short in norway.
>>
>>35308551
Yeah, I'm 20/200 in one eye and 20/400 in another, but I am correctable with contacts to 20/20
>>
>>35310119
Tell me about beurette women in France

How easy are they
>>
>>35310119
For what purpose would you need a master's? Isn't undergrad enough to go officer
>>
>>35310183
Shit still thats waaaaaay too bad, i think your worst eye has to be 20/70 or sth like that AND correctable to 20/25
>>
>>35301805
no they aren't. Reserve <-> active is easier than Reserve/active <-> Guard as guard is like a different entity than Real Army

>>35301001
I'm in the army. My brother is a pilot in 160, if he didn't get that he would've gone 18 series. My father was a pilot in a tier above 160 that I won't talk about here and is still in the army.

I will probably go 18 series or 160 when I make CPT.

Special units are all about mental toughness. If you can't max a PT test you shouldn't bother. 300+ PTers are a dime a dozen in SF world. What's between your ears is what will separate you.
You need to be smart and you need to be completely unwilling to fail due to mental weakness. That is the true separator.
Also you have to be ready for your life to really really really suck every single day.
>>
>>35301001
The fucking level of ignorance here for U.S. Special Operation Forces.

>SFAS is not RASP.
Special Forces Assessment and Selection is much more brutal for different reasons.
At the start of selection in a class of 400 applicants we begin out journey.
(Assume all numbers are averaged to the nearest tenth).
100 are automatically dropped for sub par pt standards even if they passed the APFT, they didn't pass what would be considered pre selection standards.
>300
150 will be dropped for getting a no-go for training
>150
another 50-100 will fail graduation field requirements or sustain some injury throughout the entire cycle that makes them unable to complete even if they do receive a go(chance of recycle at this point).
>assume 50 left over
Probably only 20 will be picked to become Long Tab.
Usually those with the best marks or specific honors such as superior leader quality, etc.
>30 leftover have possibility of being recycled.
Most people fail selection a few times. If you can survive without injury you will probably be physically fit enough + have enough skill and knowledge of what they want to increase probability of graduation.

This is all opposed to RASP
Which has a much higher success rate, noted at being over 80% for a class that is the same size as the SFAS.
You want to be a Special Operator and still be a chump? Go home and tell your girlfriend you're a cool guy, when you're still a pussy?
Just go Ranger, you have an 80% chance of succeeding just by passing the APFT.

SFAS is no fucking joke, days upon days of being smoked in every weather imaginable with little food or sleep. Just to go on a field trip at a moments notice to Camp Mackall where you will be thrown into that shitty little lake right to the left of the entrance and told to go swim down and pick up rocks and when you get up to the top you perform some menial task or answer some question from the oldest field manual in existence as if it was relevant in some way to your situation.
>>
Im currently in Wrestling and will be doing swimming when the season comes. Will that be enough to make it through SF? I'm 6' 155 Lb

>inb4 skinny twig
>>
>>35310061
Ok mate cheers will do got to a 9 min mile and a half by just running far everyday before but will do intervals this time instead
>>
>>35310577
No
Running
Pushups
Rucking
Swimming
Should be your life
If you can not do these almost none stop to the point when you're starving or tired you can keep going. You won't make it.
It's literally none stop exercise mixed with training. A lot of people just end up passing out from exhaustion or becoming injured.
>>
>>35309014
>I need to start swimming too for Recon
Ooohhhhh man, you best start now and git gud at it. It isn't an emergency, but if you practice for 4 months continuously, you be a good enough swimmer. Swimming is something you absolutely do not want to put off until the last month or so.
>>
>>35310626
I agree with this guy, 4 months should be fine.
2 months for proper form and ability.
last 2 to just try and get as good as you can.
>>
>>35305653

I would just put a heavy backpack on me and go marching.Muscular guys used to be in trouble during my service.

Anyway,there are many roads to success,the most important thing is still running imho.
>>
>>35301001
>a bunch of 4chan autist is defending my country
oh lawdy
>>
>>35310650
What's wrong bud you fail this medical? Let me guess you had a history of depression
>>
>>35310539
Rasp is basically basic training x 10 intensity.

SFAS requires certain skills before you attend.
I think you're under estimating the pass rate for SFAS. Q Course takes care of the rest though. They have stats somewhere on the swics website. 18X candidates have something like a 66% success rate and active army has something like 33%
>>
File: CMDiOQkWgAEjWPr.jpg (16 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
CMDiOQkWgAEjWPr.jpg
16 KB, 241x250
>My brain thinks I can go for another mile but my legs and my lungs are stuck in 2nd gear.
>only a quarter mile in

Why do I get tired when I'm running?

why is my stamina shit?

Why is my training just a warm-up for these other assholes?

Why am I not at that freakish olympic level of ottermode athleticism?

Why do i feel usurped among the presence of these other douchebags?

why do i have to try 5 times as hard to be at their level?

Why am I not good enough?
>>
>>35310646
I think crossfit or something very similar is best. Rucking is very important, gets your pain and boredom tolerance up, but if you're 140 and can only carry 60 lbs you'll be in trouble
>>
>>35303673
As long and you're not a midget you will be fine providing you're strong.

As for looks, why the fuck would that matter? Are you retarded?
>>
>>35310705

Because life aint fair bro

That being said you can become good enough
>>
>>35301001
kek what a bunch of homo dress-up playing little faggots

>durrrrrr look at my uniform and guns guyzz!!! am i alpha yet?? god bles this country
>>
>>35310687
So we do say i'm under estimating.
RASP still has an 80% graduation rate.
That's insane.
basic training was the easiest portion of life, if you're telling me you're just going to make it ten times harder. than please, maybe i'd have an excuse to actually bitch about it, but it's not like it would be difficult.
>>
>>35310705
It takes a long while anon. Nobody is amazing out of the gate.

Keep working at it. I'd rather have an out of shape guy who never quits on my team than some ottermode dude who doesn't value hard work and comradery.

Don't fucking quit or I'll fuck you in ways you can't imagine
>>
>>35310717

True
>>
>>35310705
>i suck at something
>those guys are just genetically blessed
3 months of intense running and rucking.
Just 3 months.
Add weight and distance as needed.
Stop being a kid, dude.
You know why most people lift weights?
It's easy and they don't have to put much work in for results, sure they will say it takes a lot of work, but not really.
>>
>>35310753
I wouldn't say it's hard to get into ranger batt. It seems hard to stay in batt. You might make it 2 years and get the boot, might make it to be an NCO and fail ranger school and get the boot.

You're not wrong though. It's much much much easier to become a ranger than any other SOF pipeline. They weren't even under JSOC until midway through the iraq/afghan war.
>>
Anyone want to give me any advice about joining the military? I don't want to die of course, I've never shot a gun in my life, and I feel like it would be taboo to join for my family especial after the education I went through, but serving my country seems honorable, I like the military discipline, and I feel like I'm more than athletic. I've been a gym rat since I was 13 and I'm a great cross country and swimming athlete. What do?
>>
>>35310833
literally go on the website and read shit
>>
>>35310833
What would you like to do in the military? Literally every job imaginable.
>>
>>35310833

Do what you feel,fuck what everyone thinks.

Some people like military,others hate it.

Only one way to find out if it is for you.
>>
>>35310843
Which website?
>>35310846
I don't know, I'm smart enough to go through officer training or something else, rather then being a standard grunt, but I don't think I want to just be a technician of some sort. I like exercise and nature so being in some sort of SF seems kinda nice.
>>35310868
Thanks anon
>>
>>35310961
SOF is for self starters. All the information is available, go find it.
>>
>>35310626
>>35310644
Damn, what fucks me is that I don't have access to a pool and I have to pay a lot if I want to. Goddamn, will do that, should sign up for a special kind of class or just try to learn on my own with videos and practice?
>>
>>35310961
What country are you?

>go on the military website
>look into every single MOS
>jot down all the ones you're interested in
>go to military recuitment center near you

Also go on /k/ meg thread
>>
>>35301527
CAF combat engineer here. It is. Especially since that fuck trudeau got elected. our funding and training has already been slashed
>>
>>35310687
>>35310753
Listen, don't deceive ppl, I'm usually in a lot of meg threads on /k/ and on Shakespeare and what I picked up is, staying in the ranger battalion is as hard if not harder then staying in a sf team... believe on this, I'm not even biased, I'm the guy who wants to go recon, but ffs don't underestimate the difficulty of being a ranger. I read somewhere that from the guys who pass rasp maybe 15% stays, maybe...
It's a hard fucking road but again u already knew that probably, and like they say in ANY sof, SELECTION NEVER ENDS, so don't think that after months of being in the suck, you're gonna be in a Jacuzzi with your m8s, you're gonna be in the suck, every day, even worse than in training.
Embrace the suck, and good luck...
>>
File: Rwp4ctO.jpg (480 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rwp4ctO.jpg
480 KB, 1920x1200
>>35310776
>>35310756
>>35310727
>That being said you can become good enough

T-Thank you gents. I'll keep running
>>
>>35311032
Jesus you can't be serious...

What the fuck, aren't there a couple vets in his cabinet?

I've only been Australia a couple times, would rather join up her.
>>
>>35310723
I'm 5'7 I was kinda worried. And there was a guy spewing shit around like how much his beard would grow in x amount of time and that he would have the inch of beard before everyone else and he would be alfa and pass cause of that... guy was a retarded
>>
>>35311099
>>35310687
>>35310753
Shadowspear not Shakespeare ffs.... look it up
>>
>>35311002
U.S.
>>35310986
Allright thanks anon
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.