[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As the holidays roll by...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 307x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 307x287
Say Yes.

Say Yes to baking cookies with your friends and family. Say Yes when someone you care for offers to pour you another drink. Say Yes to whipped cream and sprinkle fights with the family. Say Yes when offered another helping of delicious holiday delights. Don't be afraid to lick the frosting bowl or go a little crazy on the eggnog. Take a bite of little cousin Timmy's Christmas tree cookie when he isn't looking and laugh as he rushes to blame the dog.
I know what you're thinking, "But my gains! If I break from my diet for a week it'll ruin my whole years progress!" It's okay. You've worked hard and made it through another year. Now's the time for a break to relax and focus not only on just yourself and your fitness goals, but on the special people in our lives who make life so wonderful. Life's short. Don't get caught up in the endless quest of broccoli, chicken breasts, and shredz only to find out that once you've made it there's nobody around to appreciate you or the results you've worked so hard for.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our fitness goals that we lose sight of what's really important. We freak out when we don't hit our protein, carb, or fat goals for the day. We become OCD about that new PR, that new low weigh in. Or else we stress about how we're going to fit in that tub of MTS Cookies and Cream into our budget when we have presents to buy.

Then we start to think, "Maybe....just maybe if I slack a little in gift department I can get myself that new lifting belt and pre workout stack. Maybe if I go do 3 hours of cardio and fast the entire day I can gorge myself at the family dinner. Or maybe I can fake sick and not show up at all for dinner. Instead I'll pound that scoop and a half of whey to get my exact 185 grams of protein for the day."
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 403x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 403x300
>>35302422
Sometimes it does get a little ridiculous, we've all been there. But you have to realize that the holidays and new years only come once a year. You have your entire life to get in shape.

Fitness is and should be a lifetime journey. Forget about now. You don't need abs "now" to be happy. You don't need all the curves in the world to be happy now. Grandma isn't going to care if you have a shredded 8 pack or 18 inch guns. In fact, I guarantee she'll say "Steroids!" and force some full fat cake into your glycogen depleted ass. That hot coworker at the office new years party isn't going to be mirin any harder if you're not drinking and in the corner eating broccoli with canned tuna from a tupperware. She'll probably hook up with Dave who's on his 4th mug of mulled wine and having a blast with everyone else. Aka don't be that party pooper while everyone else is having a good time.

In the end, it's the holidays. It's a time to let go. Be merry. Enjoy your family, friends, and food to the fullest. Maybe when you're sitting there by the fireplace in your ugly Christmas sweater sipping your warm drink you can think for a moment...that you're going to be even better next year. But after that moment, look around and see everything, everyone who matters to you. Smile and think, "Life is good."

Always remember, fitness around your life. Not life around fitness.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 348x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 348x260
>>
You're meaning is good or you're a troll but either way kindly screw off
>>
>>35302481
>grinch detected
>>
>>35302503
>implying 4chan doesn't view Dr.Seuss's the Grinch as a tragedy wherin the protagonist suffers a health crisis at the moment of his greatest triumph and is corrupted by normies.
>>
>>35302528
Fuck back to reddit dyel.
>>
File: giphy.gif (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
3 MB, 600x338
>>35302528
favourite post today
>>
>>35302422
No, thanks.
>>
Stress kills gains, so I'm having a stress free Christmas.

Personally, I am in the middle of a cut, and I am spending the 4 days around Christmas in a country farm house with friends.
I will still be exersicing every morning.
My Christmas dinner will be low carb, high protein with lots of greens.
I love cooking food, and will be making various cookies and cakes, including a sickened calorie dense triple chocolate citrus fudge brownie, which I won't be eating, but will be quietly laughing as hamplanet who always eats all the deserts, eats several thousand calories of sugar and oil.

Merry fitmas, one and all, and remember that your happiness and lifestyle choices should never come second to social expectations.
>>
>not going to a 24/7 gym Christmas morning and getting in a workout so you don't have any guilt about gorging

No excuses in the UK, puregym are giving out free 7 day passes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.